Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

HT

Huzzah!

Thanks for the enthusiasms guys! I'll announce a release date on these soon.They'll be available on the Tiki Tower online store.

Worked on a few new colors for my Moai and Reverb God pendants.

Also, after mentioning here that I wasn't going to make anymore full color Max pendants, I have received several requests for them both here and on facebook. I have taken a few orders and listed it at my store (although current inventory is 0). I've priced it at $35 shipped within the U.S. I'm afraid that's the best I can do as painting this pendant in full color takes me quite a bit of time. A monotone version is available for $20.

Also primed a few other stuff today!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-04 15:22 ]

HT

Monster Cast.

Used in the SFX industry. I use it all the time. It paints quite nicely, cures in 5 minutes, and you can paint it with just about anything. Also, it can be tinted easily with So-Strong pigment from Smooth-On.

It's an off white to begin with. Almost a tan. You could dry brush it with brown acrylic and have at it. It drills well if you're careful while drilling, and is pretty tough. It's cheaper than the stuff you can get from TPI.

You can get it from Monster Makers.

If you'd like, I can snap a few photos of pieces I have at work tomorrow.

On 2012-11-04 19:24, Hale Tiki wrote:
Monster Cast.

Used in the SFX industry. I use it all the time. It paints quite nicely, cures in 5 minutes, and you can paint it with just about anything. Also, it can be tinted easily with So-Strong pigment from Smooth-On.

It's an off white to begin with. Almost a tan. You could dry brush it with brown acrylic and have at it. It drills well if you're careful while drilling, and is pretty tough. It's cheaper than the stuff you can get from TPI.

You can get it from Monster Makers.

If you'd like, I can snap a few photos of pieces I have at work tomorrow.

Would love to see a few pics. How does it hold the paint though? The reason I don't want to do these in resin is that sooner or later the paint ribs off. The Dry Stone I use seems to hold up nicely.

Those look terrific, Wendy

On 2012-11-05 07:20, danlovestikis wrote:
Those look terrific, Wendy

Thanks Wendy! Been going bananas painting these chimps the last few days! :D

Having my Doc Savage painting (and others) printed up on metal signs. Should have my first proof this week.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-11 18:48 ]

Hey Robert, are those metal signs likely to be "outdoor safe"? My tiki space is on the lanai which has kind of limited my art choices to ceramic and wood. It would be nice to have another option.

On 2012-11-11 19:28, MadDogMike wrote:
Hey Robert, are those metal signs likely to be "outdoor safe"? My tiki space is on the lanai which has kind of limited my art choices to ceramic and wood. It would be nice to have another option.

I believe it will be ok for outdoors. I'll know more soon!

I've been getting a few requests via PM's asking about a list for my mug. Initially I didn't intend to reserve any spots, I was thinking I'd just list them on my store when available. I've changed my mind on this and am going ahead and compiling a list of names in order of the date the request was sent.

So here is what I currently have. If you'd like to be added please PM me and I will. The mug will be limited to the life of the mold and they will be numbered. If you are on the list and change your mind just let me know. No one will be asked to pay until the mug is ready to ship.

1.PROFESSOR G
2.LOKI TIKI
3.EBTIKI
4.ELJEFE
5.TikiTomD
6.WestADad
7.mymotiki
8.Holler Waller

Thanks!
R.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-13 04:25 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-15 12:52 ]

Received my metal signs proofs. I'm really happy with them. They are 12x18. One is on aluminum and the other is printed on wood. The wood print is much more faded and worn looking.

I have another set coming in that is a more traditional tin sign. More details soon!

Hey Zero, that metal sign looks pretty awesome! Are these silk screened onto metal, or what?

Q

The sign looks great and so does the mug! You do some outstanding work Robert. Keep living the dream.

Cheers and Aloha!

Thanks guys! Appreciate the comments.

The sign is made using the dye-sub process. It's an ink transfer that get's a dose of UV light to seal and dry it. It's very durable and weather resistant to some extent. The one in the pic has sold!

H

Robert, just got my Max pendant. It looks even better in person. The detail and color is incredible. And thank you for all the little goodies that you sent along.

HT

Add one more to that list!

Thanks Hil and Hale! :D Glad to know you liked Max!

Very exciting pic from Mulder today! :D

SWEET!!!!

On 2012-11-17 14:20, MadDogMike wrote:
SWEET!!!!

Thanks Mike!

Exciting News! I'll be featured in the next issue of Pinstriping & Kustom Graphics out in January!

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-19 10:12 ]

Congrats on the recognition Robert. Hey, which paintings do you plan on printing to metal signs?

On 2012-11-19 12:03, MadDogMike wrote:
Congrats on the recognition Robert. Hey, which paintings do you plan on printing to metal signs?

Thanks Mike! Not too sure of which paintings. I'm waiting on proofs for tin signs. The one I had posted here is on aluminum. Really nice but a bit pricier. I can do those on request.

Revised Mug List:

1.PROFESSOR G
2.LOKI TIKI
3.EBTIKI
4.ELJEFE
5.TikiTomD
6.WestADad
7.mymotiki
8.Holler Waller
9. Facebook
10. Facebook
11. Facebook
12. Facebook
13. Facebook
14. Facebook
15. Facebook
16. Pikeys Dog
17. BronzeTiki
18. MikeyTiki

Here's some info on the mug:

John Mulder is working on them as we speak and they will come to me in waves of 10 or so. The mug will be limited to the life of the mold, anywhere between 40-70 pieces. It will list at $49 + shipping.

Being on the list does not commit you to buy. I'll invoice via paypal when they are ready to ship and you can pay then (or pass). I will also offer a hand painted version. Not sure of the price for that though...

More info soon!

Thanks!
R.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-20 07:39 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-20 13:42 ]

Just posted over at the marketplace:

15% off all items in the Tiki Tower and Zerostreet stores. Includes original art, prints, T-shirts and clearance items!

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/

http://zerostreet.storenvy.com

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ENCHANTED 2 in progress...

Finished today:

Enchanted 2
5.5 x 10 inches
Acrylic on Wood

Hi All! Received my first metal signs today. I'm really pleased with these. This design measures 11.5 x 14.5. The corners are rusted. I'll be doing some of my Tiki pieces in metal. More details on that soon.

If anyone is interested in this design, PM me. The cost is $35 shipped.

"I'll be doing some of my Tiki pieces in metal."

My vote is for Moolight Offering, Moonlight on Ku, Lava Falls, Fisherman's God's Dilemma not necessarily in that order.

On 2012-11-27 14:14, MadDogMike wrote:
"I'll be doing some of my Tiki pieces in metal."

My vote is for Moolight Offering, Moonlight on Ku, Lava Falls, Fisherman's God's Dilemma not necessarily in that order.

Noted!

These will hopefully be reaching me next week!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-11-29 07:10 ]

HT

Niccce.

On 2012-11-29 07:48, Hale Tiki wrote:
Niccce.

Thanks! Can't wait to see them in person!

A friend gave me this gift this week.

What a great concept! And if you don't like their color or tiki choice you could make your own from Sculpty clay. Hmmm... I need a new key for the Tahitian Cannibal trailer :D

On 2012-12-01 14:03, MadDogMike wrote:
What a great concept! And if you don't like their color or tiki choice you could make your own from Sculpty clay. Hmmm... I need a new key for the Tahitian Cannibal trailer :D

If anyone can pull it off you can!

Here's a new one I've started...sorry about the poor pics! Lots more to go!

"Sky-Father Ignites"

Yep. This one's turning into something special.

On 2012-12-02 19:06, Professor G wrote:
Yep. This one's turning into something special.

Thanks Greg! I hope so!

Got some mugs in!

Okay. Let me go on record with an official Wow. Wow.

One more -- Wow.

On 2012-12-05 17:55, Professor G wrote:
Okay. Let me go on record with an official Wow. Wow.

One more -- Wow.

Thanks Greg! Here are a couple more pics.

Had a couple of cracked mugs....so I thought I'd paint them up. These will be exclusively shelf art I guess. May put these up on ebay.

Painting more mugs tonight. These are going out to some fellow TC'ers.

They look great Robert ~ barnacles and all

On 2012-12-07 21:36, MadDogMike wrote:
They look great Robert ~ barnacles and all

Thank you Mike! Having lots of fun with these!

Now that Mug Of The Fisherman's God is out and reaching peoples homes, I'd like to share the recipe included with the mug. Here is Punch Of The Fisherman's God. Created by TC's own Professor G ( http://www.docs-atomic-diner.com/ ) Please let us know how you like it!

sweet! Such a killer mug, zero! nice paint job, too! Stupid question but do you vend at events at all or show these in galleries?

On 2012-12-11 21:25, PockyTiki wrote:
sweet! Such a killer mug, zero! nice paint job, too! Stupid question but do you vend at events at all or show these in galleries?

Thanks! I do vend, I'll be at my 3rd Hukilau in 2013 and I do a few other local shows and show in Galleries from time to time.

HT

On 2012-12-12 03:40, zerostreet wrote:

On 2012-12-11 21:25, PockyTiki wrote:

Thanks! I do vend, I'll be at my 3rd Hukilau in 2013 and I do a few other local shows and show in Galleries from time to time.

I look forward to meeting you in person then! I love events. Except the coming home super broke because I have no self control when it comes to buying mugs/art.

I'm currently looking for galleries/shows to showcase some of my stuff at. I've been confined to more local events as of late, aka: 2 craft shows in my town and a small indie arts expo in Boston.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies