Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

That cigar box rocks
It made me wish I had a Cohiba

:)

Jon

Ha! Thanks Jon!

There'll be a few select prints and pendants of mine available at The International TIKI Market Place at Don The Beachcomber Saturday April 6th. Including this print of MARQUESAN ENTWINED beautifully framed by Roger Brittan (TC's HB TIKI).

Also, look for MARQUESAN ENTWINED on page 7 of Tiki Magazine which will be released the same day!

We are going to be there. This will be fun to see in person. Wendy

Beautiful piece, and that frame just really completes it, did you make the frame? Really tiki-riffic presentation!

On 2013-03-30 14:30, tigertail777 wrote:
Beautiful piece, and that frame just really completes it, did you make the frame? Really tiki-riffic presentation!

Thanks Wendy and Tiger! I didn't make the frame, HB TIKI did!

There's a 2 page spread of my art in the new issue of CATAPULT! Pages 66-67.

Here's the pic and link:

http://issuu.com/catapultartmag/docs/catapult_0413.v20/67

Skyfather ROCKS! That turned out so well. From the "2 by Sea" sketch I thought the Loch Ness Monster had escaped to the South Pacific (there is a theory that there is an underground passageway to the North Sea, maybe she's on vacation? :lol: ) What is the theme of the charity event?

On 2013-04-01 18:29, MadDogMike wrote:
Skyfather ROCKS! That turned out so well. From the "2 by Sea" sketch I thought the Loch Ness Monster had escaped to the South Pacific (there is a theory that there is an underground passageway to the North Sea, maybe she's on vacation? :lol: ) What is the theme of the charity event?

Thanks Mike! I believe it will be for a no-kill animal shelter. I'll have more details soon.

I should be receiving my new tin signs! These are 12x18 inches (Lava Falls is 12x15) Stay tuned!

I was going to let the cigar smoking comment slide but HOLY CRAP Robert, how many cigars do you smoke!!! I thought that was a standard 10 or 12 cigar box but from the side view it must hold 100 cigars! :lol:
The tin signs look great, "Lava Falls" is my fav.

On 2013-04-03 18:20, MadDogMike wrote:
I was going to let the cigar smoking comment slide but HOLY CRAP Robert, how many cigars do you smoke!!! I thought that was a standard 10 or 12 cigar box but from the side view it must hold 100 cigars! :lol:
The tin signs look great, "Lava Falls" is my fav.

Ah the old classics! :D

Reminds me of the Honeymooner's episode where Ralph and Ed were handcuffed together on a passenger train. After much distress (all caused by Ed) they finally settled down to try to get some sleep and Norton asked Ralph "Hey Ralph, d'ya mind if I smoke?" and Ralph replies "I don't care if ya burn!"

:D

Finding some new uses for my Moai Sculpt. The wood base is approx 5x7 inches.

Moai Relief
Painted resin Moai on painted 5x7 wood plaque
SOLD

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-04-04 19:10 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-04-05 05:49 ]

Killer

On 2013-04-04 20:25, hang10tiki wrote:
Killer

Thanks! This one has sold. Hope to make more soon.

Sketched out an idea for a new mug. Look for my 2nd mug THE STOWAWAY soon!

Also working on some new Tangaroa And The Sea tonight. Almost halfway through the edition of 25.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-04-05 18:56 ]

Here's where I'm at with TWO BY SEA. Hope to be done soon!

Also, If you're headed to the International Tiki Marketplace at Don The Beachcomber today look for some of my prints and pendants at HB Tiki's table!

I was wondering if you were making the trip - glad to see that your art made it.

On 2013-04-07 12:32, AlohaStation wrote:
I was wondering if you were making the trip - glad to see that your art made it.

Thanks Tom! Been wanting to get out there...hopefully within the year!

Got in some tin signs today. These are listed at my Tiki Tower and Zerostreet stores.

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/222739-tin-signs

http://zerostreet.storenvy.com/collections/149653-tin-signs

Got some new promo cards in!

Also been working on these hand painted skull pendants:

Put TWO BY SEA to rest for a while and shifted gears to do this instead for the Hukilau Charity Art Show

HUKILAU BOUND in progress...

WHOOOHOOO!!! Got my tin "Lava Falls" sign in the mail. Very nicely done, good color reproduction, nice heavy gauge tin, no sharp corners. My tiki space is a covered outdoors deck and I am excited to finally be able to have some printed art to decorate with :) Thanks Robert!

Thanks Mike! Glad you like the sign!

Done with my Hukilau Charity Art Show piece:
HUKILAU BOUND
5x7
Acrylic & India Ink on Fine Art Paper

Picked up the new issue of Tiki Magazine while at the Mai Kai tonight. Haven't received my issue at home yet and wanted to see my Page 7 in person! Thanks to Nick Camara for the honor! Happy to be in the same issue as Dawn Frasier, Bill Collins and Doug DoRr!

Looks awesome Zero! Congrats! The tin signs look really cool too. :)

On 2013-04-19 19:01, tigertail777 wrote:
Looks awesome Zero! Congrats! The tin signs look really cool too. :)

Thanks Tiger! Appreciate it!

Super cool with all the aging on the signs. We will be so happy when our magazines arrive. Page 7 something very special indeed. Cheers, Wendy

On 2013-04-20 07:53, danlovestikis wrote:
Super cool with all the aging on the signs. We will be so happy when our magazines arrive. Page 7 something very special indeed. Cheers, Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Just finished this one:

GARDEN DREAMING
6.5 x 9.5
Acrylic on Wood

A cool pic taken by a friend (and collector) of my pendants at Art Rock yesterday.

Just got HUKILAU BOUND back from the framer. This will be available at the Hukilau Benefit Art Show.

Also, now through next Sunday prints of MARQUESAN ENTWINED are 15% off! This is the painting featured on Page 7 of the latest Tiki Magazine. The discount is automatically applied.

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/5184-prints

Back to work on TWO BY SEA after a bit of a break...

I actually got chills down my spine looking at those tentacles. I like your boat scenes a lot. Wendy

Robert ... This is kinda late .... Barnes and Noble here in the Midwest decided to quit carrying Tiki magazine, so I had to order it online ..... Beautiful image on page 7 ... about time you got recognition for your fantastic art ....

Thank you Wendy and Gene! Appreciate the nice comments!

Working on a one-off mug.

Very cool Robert! You gonna go for the sculpt-it-solid-and-cleave-it-in-two? WHACK!!! :lol:

No Mike, I actually did the pvc pipe wrapped in newspaper thing like you showed me. Can't see the opening at this angle.

That works too. You'll have some thicker and thinner areas, be sure to dry it slowly so it doesn't crack from the stress of un-even shrinkage :)

On 2013-05-08 19:08, MadDogMike wrote:
That works too. You'll have some thicker and thinner areas, be sure to dry it slowly so it doesn't crack from the stress of un-even shrinkage :)

Yeah, it's drying nicely...

....and while it dries I've begun a chimp mug.

...and a quick sketch

H

Love the last quick sketch. You are so talented.

Your imagination is endless ...

That is gonna be an outstanding mug. Are you going to contribute to the Tiki Oasis art show this year.
PM me if you need assistance at the end. Wendy

Thanks Hiltiki, Gene and Wendy! Yes, Baby Doe has invited me to participate in the Oasis art show. I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

That's hilarious Robert ~ Hulabilly Chainsaw! He might need more "hula" though, like an ahola shirt under his overalls :D

On 2013-05-11 08:35, MadDogMike wrote:
That's hilarious Robert ~ Hulabilly Chainsaw! He might need more "hula" though, like an ahola shirt under his overalls :D

You're right Mike. He does need Hula-ing up!

Having fun with these mugs!

Zero! That beaver print is brilliant!

On 2013-05-11 15:53, Big Kahuna wrote:
Zero! That beaver print is brilliant!

Thanks!

Started s Moai mug sculpt while the other 2 dry.

Also, there's just over a day left on my clearance item sale. Only 1 wood mounted Cosmo left! Check out the link below!

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies