Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

100 pages
Awesome
Love the new one

Jon

On 2013-05-12 18:13, hang10tiki wrote:
100 pages
Awesome
Love the new one

Jon

Hey how about that! 100! Thanks Jon!

My chimp sculpt is done! Think I'll name him Gomez.

HA HA HA! That beaver sketch is hilarious! He and the beaver need leis or something as Mike said, but damn that is funny stuff.

Loving the recent sculpts. :)

On 2013-05-13 16:57, tigertail777 wrote:
HA HA HA! That beaver sketch is hilarious! He and the beaver need leis or something as Mike said, but damn that is funny stuff.

Loving the recent sculpts. :)

Thanks Tigertail! Looking forward to starting that one soon!

Here's the latest on my mugs.

C

Chimps scare me, but your one-off mug is awesome.

[ Edited by: Canvas 2013-05-14 18:24 ]

Been waiting for that 100th page to pop up :D Gomez looks awesome Robert!

HT

Dig em all. The moai looks so sad. Perhaps he needs whatever the chimp is drinking.

On 2013-05-15 04:57, Hale Tiki wrote:
Dig em all. The moai looks so sad. Perhaps he needs whatever the chimp is drinking.

I like my Moai a little bit melancholic! :D

TWO BY SEA
10x8
Acrylic On Wood

Funny Robert, I didn't notice the waves behind him before but they have been there all along. Looks great!

H

Robert not sure if you have already discussed this before or not but did you ever think of doing velvets?

You have brought the same level of personality to the monkey mug that you have brought to your painting. Super nice. Are you painting for Tiki Oaisis this year? We will be there. Need help? Wendy

Thanks guys for dropping in and the comments! I've have thought of doing velvets, hiltiki. I hope to get around to it someday. I can definitely say (and have before) that Robb Hamel's work has been a huge inspiration.

Wendy, if you go back two pages you'll see my idea for the Tiki Oasis show. As for help if we can do the same deal as last year that'd be great!

Oh and I'm very sad to report that Gomez the chimp met his demise in my kiln. I'll be working on Son of Gomez ASAP. In the meantime I'm almost doen with this skull.

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/13496/518e5361.jpg

That is hilarious. I can pick it up as long as I can get it Saturday night before shut down. We are leaving Sunday morning. My painting is not theme inspired. Maybe I need to change that. I thought all it needed was to include tikis. Yours is perfect content.

Wendy

On 2013-05-20 15:49, danlovestikis wrote:
https://tikicentral.com/uploads/13496/518e5361.jpg

That is hilarious. I can pick it up as long as I can get it Saturday night before shut down. We are leaving Sunday morning. My painting is not theme inspired. Maybe I need to change that. I thought all it needed was to include tikis. Yours is perfect content.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Working on some ceramic PNG styled pendants based on the Tiki backsatge at the Mai Kai.

Sorry to hear of the passing of dear Gomez the Chimp :( But the skull looks way cool.

On 2013-05-21 16:58, MadDogMike wrote:
Sorry to hear of the passing of dear Gomez the Chimp :( But the skull looks way cool.

Thanks Mike! The Skull survived and will be glazed today!

Pulled these out of the kiln. I'll be glazing most of them but really wanted to hand paint one.

Here are 3 new mugs that I finished this weekend. All are original one-off mugs. The Moai and the Skull mugs are on hold. The Reverb God (in Green Stone glaze) is available.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-05-26 08:09 ]

Projecting my sketch onto some wood panel. Hope to be painting this one live at The Hukilau!

The Reverb God and the sketch look great Robert

Robert,

I saw your pendants on tumblr and wanted to check out what you've been up to here. Looking great, man!

I love your "pulp" stuff so I'm really digging the sketch... Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Peace,
Jason

On 2013-05-27 22:57, TikiDaye wrote:
Robert,

I saw your pendants on tumblr and wanted to check out what you've been up to here. Looking great, man!

I love your "pulp" stuff so I'm really digging the sketch... Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Peace,
Jason

Thanks Jason! Starting that one later today.

Here's the latest:

NIGHT CAP
8x10 Acrylic on Paper

Been looking forward to starting this painting for some time!

The Shadow & a Tiki....Groovy!

On 2013-06-02 18:25, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The Shadow & a Tiki....Groovy!

Thanks ATP!

I'll have a small selection of my new ceramic KU pendant at Hukilau.

H

Love Night Cap, the blue color makes it so serene. Great work as usual.

REALLY nice job on those Mai Kai pendants!!

On 2013-06-03 20:19, Polynesiac wrote:
REALLY nice job on those Mai Kai pendants!!

Thanks! I'll be listing what I have left at my store if anyone is interested.

Had a great time at Hukilau, a lot of Tiki Tower art went off to new homes! Saw a few of the regulars, Tiki Diablo, Tiki TomD, Tiki 65, GatorRob, WillCarve, Aloha Station and met Hale Tiki, Dawn Frasier, El Jefe (Jeff), khan_tiki_mon (Scott) and Tiki Skip among others.

here are a few pics:

John Mulder and his wife Janet (Eekum Bookum)

Tiki Skip

And some of his lights

Some of my pendants

An Eekum Bookum mug

The work of Tiki 65

The coconut mug

Tiki Diablo's event mug

The Intoxicators!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-06-11 08:12 ]

WC

Good pics.
Your booth looked real good.
All the stuff you show us here,
right in front of you.
You'd score big points with GROG
if you had a pic of Marina.

On 2013-06-09 06:19, Will carve wrote:
Good pics.
Your booth looked real good.
All the stuff you show us here,
right in front of you.
You'd score big points with GROG
if you had a pic of Marina.

Thanks Will! Like I said, you're a funny guy! Actually, Marina did such a quick drive by "Hello" that I never got a pic!

I've listed my remaining pendants (Ku, PNG and skull) at my Tiki Tower store, along with a new painting, Hukilau Bound.

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/12516-all-products

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-06-09 13:16 ]

Thank you for the photos. I would love to see even more. It was nice to see Tiki Skip, I saved that photo for my file. Your art shines, Wendy

On 2013-06-10 08:14, danlovestikis wrote:
Thank you for the photos. I would love to see even more. It was nice to see Tiki Skip, I saved that photo for my file. Your art shines, Wendy

Thanks Wendy! Very kind of you! I'll see if I can find more pics worth posting.

I've listed prints of my painting NIGHT CAP at the Tiki Tower store. Limited to 25, these 8x10 prints are $25 shipped within the U.S.

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/products/1703302-night-cap-limited-ed-print

That would make a cool mug....

HT

Dry ice in the mouth, the monkey and top of the head come off to fill it, and the straw goes through the fez!

Robert - It was really great to meet you, and your lovely family. Smiles all around. I wore your pendant to the Mai Kai, because, well, I wanted to wear it standing next to the real one. :) It's a hell of a sculpt. Very cool.

On 2013-06-14 09:00, Hale Tiki wrote:
Dry ice in the mouth, the monkey and top of the head come off to fill it, and the straw goes through the fez!

Robert - It was really great to meet you, and your lovely family. Smiles all around. I wore your pendant to the Mai Kai, because, well, I wanted to wear it standing next to the real one. :) It's a hell of a sculpt. Very cool.

Thanks Lucky! Appreciate the nice words! It was great meeting you as well and my best to you and your fiancee on your upcoming nuptials! Hope to see you again next year!

Not Tiki but...ILLUSTRATED #2 , a comic anthology, is now listed at the Zerostreet Store. It contains my 6 page story Professor's Got A Crush.

http://zerostreet.storenvy.com/

Here's a sneek peek:

Robert, you get published more often than I change underwear! Either congratulations are in order for you or better hygiene is in order for me :D

On 2013-06-17 18:47, MadDogMike wrote:

Either congratulations are in order for you or better hygiene is in order for me :D

I don't see why the one would cancel out the other.

"Professor's Got a Crush," for some reason, is one of my favorite ZeroStreet creations.

[ Edited by: Professor G 2013-06-17 21:25 ]

On 2013-06-17 18:47, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, you get published more often than I change underwear! Either congratulations are in order for you or better hygiene is in order for me :D

Ha! I guess your underwear is a Quarterly publication?

Thanks Greg!

Meanwhile....working on my Tiki Oasis painting:

WOOD CHUCKIN'

Those of you in the South Florida area...I'll be vending all weekend at the Florida Supercon in Miami! If you're around come by and say hi!

WOOD CHUCKIN' is complete...now it's off to the framers.

T

Hey Robert great to meet you!
Wish we had more time to visit.
I've got the same evil eyes in that photo that the cartoon me has
on my logo, Too funny.

Nice work keep it up.

On 2013-07-09 19:10, tikiskip wrote:
Hey Robert great to meet you!
Wish we had more time to visit.
I've got the same evil eyes in that photo that the cartoon me has
on my logo, Too funny.

Nice work keep it up.

Thanks Skip! Great meeting you as well!

Wood Chucky is just ducky! Looking forward to seeing it in person next month.

T

Robert, looks great. Love the Mai Tai moonshine jug. :)

Thanks Mike, TikiAno! This was a fun one to work on.

Good Morning All! It's been a pretty busy month for me, lots of fun stuff happening in my little art world. Hope to be able to announce a few soon. As a result, I've had very little time to work on my new Shadow painting. Here's where I'm at. More soon!

Also, If you'll be attending The International Tiki Market Place today, look for some of my art at Roger "HB TIKI" Brittan's table. Including my Tangaroa And The Sea wall mount!

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-07-20 07:52 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies