Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Happy to finally show my new Tikilandia glassware! Available soon!

Also...not having enough time to dedicate to making mugs...I finally found someone local who can help with the glazing and firing. Look for these soon!

Sneak peek at a special Tiki painting. Reveal will be in a month or two!

That was a great page
Love da Mary Ann

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-10 19:57 ]

On 2016-03-10 19:56, hang10tiki wrote:
That was a great page
Love da Mary Ann

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-10 19:57 ]

Thanks Hang10! Appreciate the comment!

Working on some new stuff for Hukilau. The bottle openers are available now at:

http://www.barproducts.com/bartenders/kolorcoat-bottle-openers/featured-kolorcoat-artists/featured-artist-robert-jimenez

The printed barrel tops will be availavle soon!

Wow first you thought up cigar boxes and now barrel tops. That looks wonderful. Wendy

On 2016-03-21 21:44, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow first you thought up cigar boxes and now barrel tops. That looks wonderful. Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Working on some more new stuff for The Hukilau!

Tiki Bob is the most famous tiki of all time. He sure knows how to rock the house. I hope you'll take more photos at Hukilau this year. Keep on painting you have so many people out there waiting for this great art. Wendy

On 2016-03-26 07:33, danlovestikis wrote:

Tiki Bob is the most famous tiki of all time. He sure knows how to rock the house. I hope you'll take more photos at Hukilau this year. Keep on painting you have so many people out there waiting for this great art. Wendy

Thanks Wendy! And congrats on the Tiki Magazine piece!

I have a special new project that is just on the periphery of Tiki. I launched a Kickstarter for my book Strangewise No. 9 yesterday. It's a 70 page black & white soft-cover pulp-styled book written and illustrated by myself. It contains 3 stories, fake letter column, fake ads and more. I wanted to create a fully realized vintage pulp book or magazine and try my best to capture the feeling I get when reading the pulps.

There is some of my Tiki art printed in the book but it is mainly tales of horror/fantasy.

I'm happy to say the project was funded in just over a day. There are 23 days left in the campaign. If anyone is interested in checking it out, here's the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strangewise/strangewise-no-9-pulp-stories-and-art

Thanks!

C
cy posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2016 4:39 PM

Ambitious effort zerostreet, looks great!

On 2016-04-13 16:39, cy wrote:
Ambitious effort zerostreet, looks great!

Thank you cy!

I'll have some printed barrel tops at Hukilau in June.

H

Looking great love the barrel tops.

On 2016-04-22 11:11, hiltiki wrote:
Looking great love the barrel tops.

Thanks Hiltiki!

Here's a commission I completed a few months ago. Had to wait for the recipients birthday party to show it!

One of the trading card rewards from my Kickstarter. Ends in 10 days!

Sneek peak at a painting in progress for an upcoming show at The Artillerist in June.

So many great works zerostreet. I'll check out your kickstarter as I go through my mail. I don't know how you find the time but keep it up. Wendy

Hi Robert, I just pledged on kickstarter. We want our T-shirt to be size XXL unless they run small then XXXL!

Please go to my thread and post the link to your kickstarter page. I couldn't figure that part out.

This is a wonderful project. Cheers, Wendy

On 2016-05-01 11:53, danlovestikis wrote:

Hi Robert, I just pledged on kickstarter. We want our T-shirt to be size XXL unless they run small then XXXL!

Please go to my thread and post the link to your kickstarter page. I couldn't figure that part out.

This is a wonderful project. Cheers, Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Here are some new, high fire Stowaway Mugs. I'll have these at Hukilau.

Trying out black velvet for the first time. More soon!

Barproducts.com now has a select few of my images available on wood barrel tops, in addition to the collection of bottle openers. I’ll have some of these available at The Hukilau in June!

http://www.barproducts.com/bartenders/kolorcoat-bottle-openers/featured-kolorcoat-artists/featured-artist-robert-jimenez

MIKALA
11x14 Acrylic on paper
For the upcoming show Graven Idols: Lurid Images of TIKI! More details soon!

MIKALA
11x14 Acrylic on paper
For the upcoming show Graven Idols: Lurid Images of TIKI! More details soon!

H

Love your barrel mugs, what size are they?

On 2016-05-09 09:37, hiltiki wrote:
Love your barrel mugs, what size are they?

Thanks hiltiki! They are 5 inches tall and hold 12 oz.

Have my run of Stowaway mugs in. These are high fire ceramic mugs made in the U.S. Also a test glaze on my Moai mug.

I like the high fire glazes. I'm afraid I'd burn down my kiln shed. I'm working on a black velvet painting too. I think we can all bring it back. Yours looks wonderful. In the acrylic painting...she looks familiar. I like watching her hair develop strands. Wendy

On 2016-05-16 09:01, danlovestikis wrote:
I like the high fire glazes. I'm afraid I'd burn down my kiln shed. I'm working on a black velvet painting too. I think we can all bring it back. Yours looks wonderful. In the acrylic painting...she looks familiar. I like watching her hair develop strands. Wendy

Ha! Well, I'm having them done by someone with a real studio. I wouldn't want to try it at home!

The model for that painting is my wife.

Guess what I did recognize her but just in case I didn't say anything. She's beautiful. Wendy

On 2016-05-18 09:36, danlovestikis wrote:

Guess what I did recognize her but just in case I didn't say anything. She's beautiful. Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Black Velvet painting in progress. This one is for the Tiki Oasis Party on Monster Island Art Show! More soon!

Wow, we have all been missing Rob Hamel now I think we are getting our fix of perfectly done black velvet painting from you!
I started one but it wasn't within the 20 by 20 inch restrictions. Now I'm starting over. Wendy

On 2016-05-21 12:47, danlovestikis wrote:

Wow, we have all been missing Rob Hamel now I think we are getting our fix of perfectly done black velvet painting from you!
I started one but it wasn't within the 20 by 20 inch restrictions. Now I'm starting over. Wendy

Thanks Wendy...but I know I have a long way to go with this medium! It's pretty tricky...and hard to photograph.

Dig Frank
And the mugs are way Kool

Can't wait to see that velvet...

Jon

On 2016-05-21 20:17, hang10tiki wrote:
Dig Frank
And the mugs are way Kool

Can't wait to see that velvet...

Jon

Thanks Hang10!

Here's a better shot of the Tiki Oasis Black Velvet painting....still in progress...

He is just so gooooooooooooood!

Its alive, Its alive!

Very nice!

Abby Normal

:)
Looks great Bruddah

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

I just finished this up. This is an embellished print of my Pele painting I did for Disney's Wonderground Gallery. I customized the frame. I'll have this for sale at Hukilau.

And here is my painting for Harold Golen Gallery's Tiki Art Show.

ELIXIR
12x18
Acrylic on Black Velvet

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2016-05-29 18:17 ]

Nice work!

Wow that float light is over the top good. Both pieces are excellent. Way to go Robert! Wendy

Vibrant colors against the black! Looks great Robert

On 2016-05-31 09:56, MadDogMike wrote:
Vibrant colors against the black! Looks great Robert

Thanks Mike, Wendy and MaukaHale1!! Appreciate the comments!

Happy to be able to show my painting ILLUMINATED KU which is featured on the cover of the upcoming Tiki Magazine. The painting has sold. Look for prints soon!

What Wendy said

Wow

On 2016-06-03 14:07, hang10tiki wrote:
What Wendy said

Wow

Thanks Hang10!

That cover is one of the best they have had for Tiki Magazine. I love it. Wendy

On 2016-06-04 16:05, danlovestikis wrote:

That cover is one of the best they have had for Tiki Magazine. I love it. Wendy

Thanks for the kind words Wendy!

Here's a study I worked up in ink, acrylic and watercolor.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies