Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

GEEZE, HOLY MOLY, THAT'S SO FREAKIN GOOD. THAT'S LIKE ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE TIKIS. LOVE IT, WENDY

Robert, that is so cool! Again, you are the master at simian facial expressions.

I don't paint so I watch the painting progress pics with great interest and I think you are trying to confuse me - the last painting you did the subject first and the background last. Now this one you have done the background first and the subject last - WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!! :lol:

Thanks Wendy! You know as a kid I was both fascinated and disturbed with the Planet of The Apes films....you're little comment there made me just realize it may have had a greater impact then I ever imagined!

On 2011-05-23 17:21, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, that is so cool! Again, you are the master at simian facial expressions.

I don't paint so I watch the painting progress pics with great interest and I think you are trying to confuse me - the last painting you did the subject first and the background last. Now this one you have done the background first and the subject last - WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!! :lol:

Thanks Mike! I think what may be up with that, is that technique-wise I still don't quite know what I'm doing! :D I do believe starting with the background is what I should always be doing...but I seem to do a lot of stream of consciousness painting and that makes me just around I guess!

Hope to finish up tomorrow! Here's the latest plus a closer shot of junior (soft pic though!)

C
cy posted on Wed, May 25, 2011 4:15 PM

Junior is heading towards SO much trouble.

On 2011-05-25 16:15, cy wrote:
Junior is heading towards SO much trouble.

I think he seems to be running away from trouble! :)

Here's the finished piece. I hope to do a few ink drawings for the show and then they all go off to Portland!

C
cy posted on Thu, May 26, 2011 8:28 AM

You don't know Oregon zstreet! I'll look after him while he's here. Great work- can't wait to see it in person.

HE'S TERRIFIC. I STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I'LL BE WORKING AGAIN TODAY. I THINK YOURS IS INSPIRING. CHEERS, WENDY

:music: Well I had the ride of my life... :music:

Great job Robert! I love the texture on that shirt - reminds me of the zip-up velour shirts I had in the 70s :lol:

On 2011-05-26 11:09, MadDogMike wrote:
I love the texture on that shirt - reminds me of the zip-up velour shirts I had in the 70s

[Shatner Voice]Must... Repress... Horrible... Memory... Flashback....... STOP IT!... YOU'RE KILLING MEEEE![/Shatner Voice]

Love the painting, Robert. Junior looks to be having a blast on his scooter spree.

Bear

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-05-26 11:34 ]

cy- Thanks! Hey if you do go to the show I would love if you could snap a pic of it and post it here!

Wendy- Thanks so much! Can't wait to see your done!

Mike- Ha! Post of pic!! :)

Brudda Bear- Thanks!

On 2011-05-26 13:29, zerostreet wrote:
Mike- Ha! Post of pic!! :)

I burned the shirts AND the photos! :lol:

C
cy posted on Thu, May 26, 2011 4:41 PM

I will be there for the first Thursday event and will be glad to snap some pics.

On 2011-05-26 16:41, cy wrote:
I will be there for the first Thursday event and will be glad to snap some pics.

Cool! That'd be great, thanks!

Hukilau is less than 2 weeks away! In addition to my original painting Enchanted At The Cove, I will have these 12x12 inch prints on 100% Cotton Rag fine art paper.

Looking forward to meeting TC'ers!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-05-28 19:26 ]

My free time (not much believe me!) is now almost entirely being spent on prep for Hukilau. Got a bunch of stuff in from the printer! I should have my t-shirts tomorrow or Wednesday.

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!

I'm putting a hold on T shirt orders! Seems Blue was the popular choice and I really need to hold onto my inventory for Hukilau. So if anyone else decides they want one please message me and I will get back to you after HUKILAU! Those who have already paid for shirts rest assured yours is on it's way!

Got the T shirts in and am very happy with them!

I'm pricing these at $17.00 each. Shipping within the Cont US will be 3.50 per shirt. They are nice Gilden preshrunk 100% cotton tees. I have sizes S through XXL. And are available in both colors seen here. The shirt color is SAND.

I have a limited supply as I ordered these for Hukilau, but I've had several people here and on Facebook ask about purchasing so I decided to list them. If demand cuts into my Hukilau supply I will have to kindly ask some to wait a week or two. My work for Hukilau is taking up most of my time and I won't be able to deal with the screen printers till then.

So if interested just send me a PM!

Thanks!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-05-31 17:47 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-06-02 13:33 ]

I am a functional kinda guy - I don't make much decorative stuff 'cuz it just sits around and collects dust. I like to make cups or plates or mugs, something I can use. I don't want to sound like a Neandrathal, but I don't need much in the way of paintings to hang on my cave walls (besides, my wife gets to choose what hangs on my cave walls :D ) But I like T-Shirts - ART YOU CAN WEAR! It doesn't get any better than that! PM sent.

On 2011-05-31 19:54, MadDogMike wrote:
I am a functional kinda guy - I don't make much decorative stuff 'cuz it just sits around and collects dust. I like to make cups or plates or mugs, something I can use. I don't want to sound like a Neandrathal, but I don't need much in the way of paintings to hang on my cave walls (besides, my wife gets to choose what hangs on my cave walls :D ) But I like T-Shirts - ART YOU CAN WEAR! It doesn't get any better than that! PM sent.

So it's your wife keeping Cosmo out of your house! :D!

Got your payment, thanks!

W

Will you be offering prints of "The Sentinel"? I'm pretty sure I need one of those.

On 2011-06-01 07:15, WestADad wrote:
Will you be offering prints of "The Sentinel"? I'm pretty sure I need one of those.

Hey Chris! I have the gallery wrapped ones picture above. I'll PM you the info...this may have to wait till after Hukilau though!

Ruminating Cosmo
Acrylic on a 9x8 inch cigar box

That turned out so AWESOME!!! The glossy glaze on the mug, the detail of the fur, the jungle room & mermaids in the background, the far-away look in his blue eyes. He would look great as a full color, oversize print on a T-Shirt :D Now that would be an expensive set-up charge!

Yes, my wife doesn't find Cosmo near as amusing as I do - her tastes run more to Thomas Kinkade :lol:

On 2011-06-01 19:28, MadDogMike wrote:
That turned out so AWESOME!!! The glossy glaze on the mug, the detail of the fur, the jungle room & mermaids in the background, the far-away look in his blue eyes. He would look great as a full color, oversize print on a T-Shirt :D Now that would be an expensive set-up charge!

Yes, my wife doesn't find Cosmo near as amusing as I do - her tastes run more to Thomas Kinkade :lol:

Thanks Mike! I'm pretty happy with this one, especially his gaze!

Silk Screening an image like this is probably not advisable or cost effective anyway. I have done a few t shirts (for myself to wear) of some of my art using direct on garment printing which is basically an inkjet that prints on fabric. The result has been pretty good and it's been over a year, many washes and the shirts look pretty good still! I may look into that one day.

....and I think Cosmo may look pretty cool strolling through a Kinkade scene!

Trying to finish up a new painting before Hukilau! Only about 5 days to go!

This one is titled INTERLOPER.

I WISH WE COULD BE THERE AND MEET ALL OUR EAST COAST FRIENDS IN PERSON AND THAT MEANS YOU! HAVE FUN, WENDY

On 2011-06-03 20:11, danlovestikis wrote:
I WISH WE COULD BE THERE AND MEET ALL OUR EAST COAST FRIENDS IN PERSON AND THAT MEANS YOU! HAVE FUN, WENDY

Thanks Wendy! I'm sure it will be fun! One day I expect to meet up with more West Coasters!

There should be one massive Tiki-Geekfest somewhere in Kansas so all the West Coast and East Coast peoples can come together!!!

On 2011-06-03 21:46, MadDogMike wrote:
There should be one massive Tiki-Geekfest somewhere in Kansas so all the West Coast and East Coast peoples can come together!!!

Geekfest sounds good!

Here's the latest on INTERLOPER

Last minute addition to my smaller series of Mai Kai Tiki paintings.

Starting a new cigar box painting. This one is inspired by the work of Robb Hamel. Every once in a while I look through his thread and there always seems to be some image that stirs some ideas in me!

I'm digging the raw textures and.... everything so far! Can't wati to see the rest!

On 2011-06-07 21:18, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
I'm digging the raw textures and.... everything so far! Can't wati to see the rest!

Thanks Brad...I feel something is tugging me in a "impressionistic" direction when it comes to painting. I purposely tightened this one up as I worked. I think a very impressionistic Tiki painting is looming for me!

W

I'm liking it so far. Reminds me of this album cover by Truus for some reason.

On 2011-06-08 07:44, WestADad wrote:
I'm liking it so far. Reminds me of this album cover by Truus for some reason.

Thanks Chris! Yeah I can see similarities. Mark Ryden few Tiki paintings are amazing!

S

On 2010-03-04 12:01, zerostreet wrote:
and another:

This one is getting painted in photoshop tonite!

Zerostreet Illustrations

http://www.zerostreet.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2010-03-04 12:02 ]

it is simply so cool, you make the coolest drawings

I JUST BOUGHT BOOKS FOR PHOTOSHOP. IT WOULD BE SUCH FUN TO LEARN TO PAINT WITH IT. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT AND THE INSPIRED BY RH PIECE TOO. WENDY

Thanks Skipper and Wendy! Unfortunately I never got around to photoshoping that one (That is from way back in this thread) I got bit by the acrylic bug and never looked back! :D

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-06-08 19:37 ]

Had a great time at Hukilau! Met a lot of great people and many went home with some Tiki Tower art!! Finally met Medusirena as well as Benzart, John Mulder, Tiki Kiliki, Tiki Tim, Will Carve, Tiki 65, Tiki Mango, Lake Tiki and many others! Here are a few pics...now I need a day or so to recover!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-06-11 19:24 ]

Ya Man,
All your stuff looked great
& a treat to see it up close.

On 2011-06-12 05:50, Will carve wrote:
Ya Man,
All your stuff looked great
& a treat to see it up close.

Thanks Will!

Glad to hear it went so well,Bubs!
Right on!
Everything looked great on the walls!
and you got to meet all the cool kids!
YESH!

On 2011-06-12 09:06, little lost tiki wrote:
Glad to hear it went so well,Bubs!
Right on!
Everything looked great on the walls!
and you got to meet all the cool kids!
YESH!

Thanks Ken! It went much better than I imagined it would. Lotsa fun!

Selling some original paintings over in the marketplace! Small ones as low as $40! Follow the link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40023&forum=12&14

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-06-12 19:38 ]

Moving along on the latest cigar box!

Marina looks pissed that her sister mermaid behind her is about to get EATEN!!! :lol:

On 2011-06-17 18:36, MadDogMike wrote:
Marina looks pissed that her sister mermaid behind her is about to get EATEN!!! :lol:

Luckily she forgave me! :D

Here's a little painting I made for El Gato Gomez to thank her for a kind gift she gave me.

La Luna Verde
Just under 8x10 acrylic on wood panel

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-06-23 15:49 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies