Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Got a little work done this afternoon. Starting in on some detail work!

It's gonna be awesome Robert!

Z

Amazing. Abso-freakin'-lutely Amazing.

On 2011-07-27 16:46, MadDogMike wrote:
It's gonna be awesome Robert!

Thanks Mike! Hopefully you didn't just put the whammy on me! :D

On 2011-07-27 17:48, ZeroTiki wrote:
Amazing. Abso-freakin'-lutely Amazing.

Thanks Zero!

Moving around a bit on this one...Worked the skull and have begun to add the mermaids.

W

Okay, enough stalling now! :) 2 days is too long to wait for an update. My mind is full of options on which way you'll go next, can't wait!

On 2011-07-30 18:08, WestADad wrote:
Okay, enough stalling now! :) 2 days is too long to wait for an update. My mind is full of options on which way you'll go next, can't wait!

Stalling? My brushes are moving as fast as they can! :D

Here's the latest. Starting to work on the treasure "chest"....adding more stuff here and there...Lots to go yet!

Robert - love the work! Tiki Tim is seriously crazy about it and talks about it a lot.

I really appreciate the Facebook comment you left too.

Oh, and MEGA CONGRATS on the book.

On 2011-07-31 16:50, Robb Hamel wrote:
Oh, and MEGA CONGRATS on the book.

Thanks so much Robb! I had a fun time working on the book. So exciting to see my work evolve throughout the years!

Nice to know Tiki Tim is speaking well of my work!

R.

Not much progress tonight! Here it is:

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2011 7:27 PM

hey, you're havin' some fun!! Nice work Zero!

On 2011-08-01 19:27, Babalu wrote:
hey, you're havin' some fun!! Nice work Zero!

Thanks!

Detail of the Skeleton! Lots more to go!!

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-08-02 19:12 ]

Nice Robert, making great progress.

On 2011-08-02 20:16, MadDogMike wrote:
Nice Robert, making great progress.

Thanks Mike!

Here's tonight's progress plus a few detail shots!

I have 1 copy of my book left is anyone is interested. Once this one is gone you can buy it at the books website (or Amazon) Details here http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40695&forum=12&5

Here are the pics! More to come!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-08-06 19:44 ]

Z

Freakishly Awesome!

On 2011-08-06 20:08, ZeroTiki wrote:
Freakishly Awesome!

Thanks Zero!

Need a break from the sunken treasure painting! Thought I'd add to my family tree. My 5 year old daughter thinks he looks like a Frankie! More to come!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-08-08 16:08 ]

Moving along!....

Z

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
~~That is the sound of me being blown utterly away!

On 2011-08-09 20:02, ZeroTiki wrote:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
~~That is the sound of me being blown utterly away!

Ha! Thanks again Zero! I should have an update tonite!

What the hell?! I miss a couple of days on this thread and you got an awesome new painting almost done! Frankie looks familiar, did he play at Oasis last year? :lol:

On 2011-08-11 07:05, MadDogMike wrote:
What the hell?! I miss a couple of days on this thread and you got an awesome new painting almost done! Frankie looks familiar, did he play at Oasis last year? :lol:

Hope that teaches you a lesson! You need to check in on this thread a few times a day! :D

Frankie may have been at Oasis. If you see him this year snap a pic of him for me!

(Lucas Vigor :D )

Getting near the end on this one!

Oh sweet feathery Christ!

At least his left hand postition is more or less correct!

W

Nice Robert! Great work so far, it appears to be a Hukilau pendant even.

On 2011-08-12 12:47, lucas vigor wrote:
Oh sweet feathery Christ!

At least his left hand postition is more or less correct!

Just wait till it's done! You'll be able to tell what song he's playing!

And thanks Chris! It is indeed this year's Hukilau pendant! Good eye!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-08-12 20:30 ]

It better be exotica! Beautiful, Wendy

On 2011-08-12 20:41, danlovestikis wrote:
It better be exotica! Beautiful, Wendy

But of course! :D

Here's a detail of the work I did tonight.

What great expressiveness! Love that little sneer :)

On 2011-08-13 23:17, MadDogMike wrote:
What great expressiveness! Love that little sneer :)

Thanks MDM! Finally achieved what I wanted with that sneer...hope to show some progress tonight!

Here's the latest. May not seem like much progress but I'm really doing a lot of layering on this one. Just started in on his hands tonight too....plus I've got my title:

FRANKIE'S EX STUMBLES IN (or something like that)

More later

Just roughly sketched an idea I have had in my head for sometime of one of my chimps riding out a storm. I hope to start this one after completing the 2 paintings Ive got going now.

W

Ooohhh! I'm in, all in!

On 2011-08-16 09:31, WestADad wrote:
Ooohhh! I'm in, all in!

Thanks Chris! Had a lot of fun sketching this one...now I need the patience to finish my other 2 before tackling this one!

Here's a more detailed sketch (about as detailed as I usually get in a sketch anyway)

Love Frankie's title, explains the sneer :lol:

Riding out the storm reminds me of this story about Gichin Funakoshi, widely recognized as the father of modern Karate:
"One of the most famous stories about Master Funakoshi tells of a time when a typhoon struck his hometown. While everyone else hid and waited for the storm to end, master Funakoshi climbed onto the roof of his house and stood in the most powerful karate stance, to test his strength and determination against the storm."
Maybe you can name him in honor of Gichin.

On 2011-08-16 16:19, MadDogMike wrote:
Love Frankie's title, explains the sneer :lol:

Riding out the storm reminds me of this story about Gichin Funakoshi, widely recognized as the father of modern Karate:
"One of the most famous stories about Master Funakoshi tells of a time when a typhoon struck his hometown. While everyone else hid and waited for the storm to end, master Funakoshi climbed onto the roof of his house and stood in the most powerful karate stance, to test his strength and determination against the storm."
Maybe you can name him in honor of Gichin.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that Mike! I kinda like "Koshi" And looking at the sketch I think it kinda suits him...

"Koshi Rides Out the Storm" - Very cool!
No one will know the meaning except you and me (although there are a few martial artists here)

Hey look, mister. We serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint "atmosphere". Is that clear?

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-08-16 21:08 ]

On 2011-08-16 21:06, MadDogMike wrote:
"Koshi Rides Out the Storm" - Very cool!
No one will know the meaning except you and me (although there are a few martial artists here)

Hey look, mister. We serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint "atmosphere". Is that clear?

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-08-16 21:08 ]

Don't forget the 5 people who frequent this thread! :D

W

I'm glad I'm one of the five! :)

I like "Koshi" too!

On 2011-08-17 13:51, WestADad wrote:

I'm glad I'm one of the five! :)

I like "Koshi" too!

Thanks Chris! So am I!

Almost done with Frankie! Hope to be back on Me Treasure Chest in a day or 2.

It's hard to photo or scan this one...Either way I loose the warmth and the softness I achieved. Oh well! Here it is!

FRANKIE'S EX STUMBLES IN
8x10
Acrylic on wood panel

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-08-18 16:55 ]

Awesome! Love the soft warm textures in both the background and the fur. I have been following the thread for a while, your paintings are amazing. :)

On 2011-08-18 19:34, tigertail777 wrote:
Awesome! Love the soft warm textures in both the background and the fur. I have been following the thread for a while, your paintings are amazing. :)

Thanks so much!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies