Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

On 2011-10-11 20:07, Beachbumz wrote:
Wow Zero that Moonlight Ku came out beautiful man.. and that skull... SWEET!!
Looks almost like it could fit somewhere within the picture.. Love your art bra..

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the kind words. And you're right, both the skull and that painting are the same palette.

What is it with you guys and your crazy creepy skulls??? I know, I know, 'tis the season...but still...beautiful work just don't get it near me. :wink:

On 2011-10-12 16:46, tigertail777 wrote:
What is it with you guys and your crazy creepy skulls??? I know, I know, 'tis the season...but still...beautiful work just don't get it near me. :wink:

Can't really say I'm too much into horror or creepy stuff actually. I was really inspired by Ken Ruzic's painted skull though! It is fun painting on things other than flat canvases and this is just another thing!

Robert, I think you need to come to the dark side and start sculpting some 3D stuff :D

On 2011-10-12 18:30, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, I think you need to come to the dark side and start sculpting some 3D stuff :D

It's been on my mind, believe me! Hate to stop the acrylics train right now though! :)

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-10-12 19:19 ]

A quick sharpie sketch from this morning. May just start a painting of it tonight.

Also, I have new t-shirts for sale and a few of my Moai t-shirts left. Details in the marketplace:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41377&forum=12&5

nice sharpie sketch, I like the sharpies too.

Sharpies ROCK!
this,as is,would make a great menu cover!

Go zero GO!

Super cool, we love Maori's. Wendy

Thanks Dawn, Ken and Wendy! Appreciate the comments! I started the painting last night, hope to update soon.

'bout time you SLACKER!!! Been 2 weeks since you posted anything new! :D

Looks good Robert, lush jungle colors?

On 2011-10-20 12:42, MadDogMike wrote:
'bout time you SLACKER!!! Been 2 weeks since you posted anything new! :D

Looks good Robert, lush jungle colors?

Now Mike! You know I have my other non-Tiki art life that calls me away every so often....

As to colors, this one may be another monochromatic piece like the recent Ku painting.

Yeah, I don't have any room to talk - it will probably be a month or more before my next tiki project, I got Christmas gifts to make :D

On 2011-10-20 13:21, MadDogMike wrote:
Yeah, I don't have any room to talk - it will probably be a month or more before my next tiki project, I got Christmas gifts to make :D

Why not just make all your Christmas gifts Tiki? :D

Started in on this one yesterday. May end up quite different from the sketch...not sure.

On 2011-10-21 17:55, zerostreet wrote:
Why not just make all your Christmas gifts Tiki? :D

Not everyone has the impeccable taste that we do :lol: Maori Tiki looks great so far

Awesome Zero! I really liked the sharpie... But... I'm really really liking the paint!! :wink:

Thanks guys! Worked a bit tonight...

Ooooooooo! Kinda a spooky Halloween vibe, I like it!

Thanks Mike!

Managed to sneak a little work in this afternoon.

2 updates in one day! Looks like Mike calling me a slacker was the kick in the pants I needed! :D

Got my Goin' Primitive mug today! Warms my chimp heart! Great work by Grog!

WhoooHooo! Glad you were able to pick one up Robert :D

On 2011-10-25 16:08, MadDogMike wrote:
WhoooHooo! Glad you were able to pick one up Robert :D

Thanks! It was down to wire! Thank you and all the others on TC who were helping out!

Here's the latest on LAVA FALLS.

Almost done...couple of days I think!

Also, over at the Marketplace I listed my prints of my painting MOONLIGHT ON KU!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41480&forum=12&0

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-10-28 16:30 ]

That Maori is rockin' the Falls Robert!

Thanks Mike!

Here it is:

LAVA FALLS
11 x 9.75
Acrylic on Wood Panel

I had a few people interested in this one, so it has found a home! Hope to have prints very soon!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-01 17:57 ]

Cool Robert, very moody and eerie (had to look up the spelling of that word :D )

Awesome piece Zero! It seems like the unfinished picture is a little brighter in tone than the finished one, is it because of the camera or lighting when you took the picture? Either way it is pretty darned cool.:wink:

Thanks Mike & Tigertail!

The final is more true to the finished painting. The earlier shots are all taken in my studio with my Canon Rebel and a 50mm lens which really warms up the image. That final image was scanned and color corrected, and yet even that one doesn't completely match the softness and warmth of the painting.

Worked on a sketch today for an idea I've had for some time now. I have a number of ideas that further the narrative of my fictional island and this is one of them. Did some rough comp'ing in Photoshop and hope to start this one in a few days!

Three fantastic tikis in a row but what amazes me most is that you bring such different emotions to the monkeys faces. They emote such feelings. I'll love watching this next one develop. You are such a fine painter, Wendy

Lava Falls turned out flawless!
and NOW this new little adventure on the waters......
delightful....
:)

Thanks Wendy and Ken! The support and kind words you two always offer never fails to fuel the inspiration!

U
umeone posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2011 6:20 AM

Aloha Zerostreet, Just wanted to tell you, I love Lava Falls, beautiful work. On the water has such a real, I'm right there in the boat feeling to it, I can't wait to see more! :)

Cheers,
Linda

Wow Zero this one is going to be incredibly moody with all the light and shadows. I can't wait to see it, this is my favorite sort of lighting for paintings. Keep on trucking brother! :)

Thanks umeone and Tigertail! Finishing up a Philip K. Dick painting then I'll start this new one!

In the meantime, I've got prints of Lava Falls ready for purchase over at the Tiki Tower store:

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/products/184859-lava-falls-limited-ed-print

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-03 18:25 ]

Robert, is that a mysterious cargo under a tarp in that boat?

On 2011-11-03 18:33, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, is that a mysterious cargo under a tarp in that boat?

Yes it is Mike! There is a bit of danger in the air as these chimps get whatever that is to it's destination. Also, I finally gave into the pleas of my 5 year old daughter and will be attempting to paint a female chimp.....and I may be adding my daughter's likeness to the small girl in the boat as well!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-03 18:38 ]

W

Good stuff as usual Robert, looking forward to updates.

On 2011-11-06 16:02, WestADad wrote:
Good stuff as usual Robert, looking forward to updates.

Thanks Chris! And thanks once again for you support! Lava Falls will be going out tomorrow!

Started The Fisherman God's Dilemma today. May just have another update after I help put the little ones to sleep!

This one is very hard to photograph in the studio (at night) for some reason...lotta glare everwhere....Going to try to shoot a pic tomorrow outside. Here's the progress so far:

Wow Zero, this one is going to be utterly fantastic I can tell already. Love the lighting. :)

W

Got my Lava Falls yesterday Robert, it's even better in person! And you threw in extra goodies again!! The Ku is cool!

Thank you very much!

Thanks Tigertail! Wish I could get a good shot of it though...I'm really liking the softness I have going but that is all lost in the photo.

Thanks Chris! Glad you like Lava Falls! I try my best with the goodies!

Very cool colors and lighting Robert, it's gonna be another masterpiece!

H

I love your work, specially the monkeys. Very impressive.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies