Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Erie and beautiful. I love the lamp. Seeing your drawing of this one must have stuck in my subconscious because I've decided to make my next bowl be a boat!
You are a mood master! Wendy

On 2011-11-10 18:39, hiltiki wrote:
I love your work, specially the monkeys. Very impressive.

Thanks Hiltiki!

If anyone is in South Florida area, you can swing on by the Art In The Park festival in Plantation Fl and visit mt at the Tiki Tower booth! Sat-Sun 10am-5pm!

On 2011-11-11 08:10, danlovestikis wrote:
Erie and beautiful. I love the lamp. Seeing your drawing of this one must have stuck in my subconscious because I've decided to make my next bowl be a boat!
You are a mood master! Wendy

Thanks Wendy! Can't wait to see that!

awesome work zerostreet keep up the good work

On 2011-11-11 13:42, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
awesome work zerostreet keep up the good work

Thanks Marcus! Appreciate it!

Got a small amount of work done tonight....too busy preparing for a local art show this weekend. Here's detail pic...again I apologize for the quality. Hope to get an outdoor shot soon!

Good luck at the Tiki Tower booth tomorrow!

On 2011-11-11 19:28, MadDogMike wrote:
Good luck at the Tiki Tower booth tomorrow!

Thanks Mike! Today was great. Tons of people and amazing weather. Here's a panoramic pic from my phone. Hard to tell but that's the TT tent right in the middle.

No painting for me tonight! Way too tired, gotta rest for tomorrow!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-12 17:57 ]

Knocked out this illustration of the Fisherman's God while at Art In The Park today.

Moving slowly on this one....trying to get a feel for the chimps...

Must....refrain...from...comment... must...not...say... it...must...stop...laughing. :lol:

Sorry out of context it just sounds sooooo bad. Like Jane Goodall gone horribly wrong. :P

On 2011-11-14 22:40, tigertail777 wrote:

Must....refrain...from...comment... must...not...say... it...must...stop...laughing. :lol:

Sorry out of context it just sounds sooooo bad. Like Jane Goodall gone horribly wrong. :P

Laugh all you want! Painting chimp hair is serious business! :D

Fantastic job !! love the "atmosphere" in your paintings

On 2011-11-15 06:13, uncle trav wrote:
Fantastic job !! love the "atmosphere" in your paintings

Thanks Unce Trav! Appreciate the words, I definitely try to achieve a distinct mood, so glad you enjoy it.

About to post this over at the marketplace, thought I'd do so here as well. I'm adding 4 new prints to the Tiki Tower store. These will be available as 16x20 canvas prints or 11.5 x 14.5 fine art paper prints.

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/5184-prints

Also, here's a link to my book + mini print offer:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41603&forum=12&0

Thanks for looking!

Got a bit of work in tonight. Here's a detail shot:

Great textures Robert. I haven't figured out yet what the "dilemma" is.

On 2011-11-17 19:03, MadDogMike wrote:
Great textures Robert. I haven't figured out yet what the "dilemma" is.

Thanks....you think I have? :D

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-17 19:25 ]

Robert, after framing, “Lava Falls” now graces the Blowfish Bar, providing a nice boost to the Tiki quotient...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38880&forum=20&vpost=614541

Mahalo for the awesome works of Tiki art! "The Fisherman God's Dilemma" is quite an intriguing work in progress, as well.

-Tom

U

zerostreet, your lighting is so mysterious and intriguing! I love it! :)

Thanks so much, Tom and umeone, for the nice comments!

Great work

ohhh, just saw the little person under the monkey's arm. That's just one good reason to look at your art over and over again, so many surprises. Once again I am staring at your monkey's face absorbing how good it is. I can feel him thinking. Excellent, Wendy

Thanks Hang10 and Wendy! That chimp on the right is actually supposed to be female. I guess it's near impossible for us hairless creatures to tell the difference though! :D

Is that still scheduled to be your daughter?

On 2011-11-20 11:06, MadDogMike wrote:
Is that still scheduled to be your daughter?

Yeah. Likenesses are not my strongest skill that's for sure, so we'll see how it goes!

Speaking of likenesses...I recently completed a portrait of one of my favorite writers, Philip K. Dick. It can be see over at my zerostreet.com site. He passed away in 1982, so I sent an email to his 5th wife Tessa Dick and she loved the painting and has since reposed it on her facebook profile. This has been a great thrill for me, being such a fan of his since my early teen years. And if anyone knows about his life you'd know that Tessa was his wife during the time he experienced 2 months of (supposed) spiritual experiences all via a pink beam of light.

Anyway, all this to say that when she posted it on Facebook, almost immediately one of her friends said "the eyes are wrong!"

So there.

Slow progress on this one....and still haven't been able to get a decent pic. Maybe this holiday weekend I can take some outdoor shots. Anyway started to add another member to the crew...for protection...

GORgeous lighting on this dilema piece so far!

C
cy posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 8:45 AM

As usual you set a very cool mood with this painting zerostreet. Looks great!

Thanks Kenny and cy! Appreciate it!

This is my favorite so far but I'm sure that could change in the future. It's just terrific, Wendy

U

Love the look out! :)

Thanks everyone! If you claim this one as your favorite Wendy, then I will be forced to prove you wrong down the line! :D

The Tiki Tower store will be having a sale all weekend long starting later today. 20% off all prints and original art (my book and app are not included). Look for details later today!

Dang it, Zero,

I just went to Tiki Tower and your stuff is great and I greatly desire to have it all, especially "Professor's got a Crush," (for pretty obvious reasons). Apparently you and MakedaMug and Crazy Al think my cash grows fast like bamboo. As for "Fisherman God's . . .," you know how to build a mood and your color palate is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your work.

On 2011-11-24 09:11, Professor G wrote:
Dang it, Zero,

I just went to Tiki Tower and your stuff is great and I greatly desire to have it all, especially "Professor's got a Crush," (for pretty obvious reasons). Apparently you and MakedaMug and Crazy Al think my cash grows fast like bamboo. As for "Fisherman God's . . .," you know how to build a mood and your color palate is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks so much Professor! Professor's Got A Crush is one of my personal favorites as it was my first attempt at a pulp styled painting. I since did my Doc Savage/Tiki painting and hope to do many more pulp-styled works! My 20% off sale starts later today, that will help simulate a faster growing bamboo tree! :)

As posted in the Marketplace:

From now throughout the end of November take 20% off your Tiki Tower purchase! Use the code THANKS at checkout!

This 20% discount counts towards everything but my Tikilandia Book and iPhone app. If you are interested in any of the original paintings I have left that are not listed at the store just drop me an email and I will adjust the price!

STORE LINK:
http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/12516-all-products

ORIGINAL ART LINK:
http://tikitower.com/original-art/

Due to the holiday weekend I may not be able to process orders until Monday!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Robert

Fighting a cold so I have not made much progress! I did go out and take an outdoor shot of my progress today. This is not a completely accurate pic but at least there was no glare on the painting. Lots more to go on this one!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-11-26 07:48 ]

After almost 2 years The Greeter has found a home. Really sad to see Archie go....for some reason it hurts letting go of the chimps....

U

Hi zerostreet, you raise em up the best you can, then they leave you for the love of others! :) Your Chimps are such great characters, Archie needs to do his part to bring joy to others. :)

On 2011-11-28 05:48, umeone wrote:
Hi zerostreet, you raise em up the best you can, then they leave you for the love of others! :) Your Chimps are such great characters, Archie needs to do his part to bring joy to others. :)

Thanks umeone! Appreciate it!

Stayed in bed most of the day due to this cold which I feel I'm finally kicking....so very little progress but here's the latest:

Bronchitis and a healthy dose of sales during the last week has slowed my progress on my latest...feeling much better now and hope to have an update later tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime here's a cool Christmas card I received today! :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. If it's anything like my print of "Professor's got a Crush," the photos don't even come close to capturing how rich and deep your colors are.

On 2011-12-05 18:31, Professor G wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. If it's anything like my print of "Professor's got a Crush," the photos don't even come close to capturing how rich and deep your colors are.

Thanks Professor!

It's been said before in this forum and in facebook etc. The pics posted don't really show the work it it's best light. I sometimes cringe when I upload a pic here because they always tend to be sharp and "noisy"...the softness of the piece is usually lost.

So glad you like "Professor's got a Crush"!

Got some work done tonight! Slowly working on the other chimp and fine tuning the crane! Lots more to go!

Gonna be another masterpiece Rob

T

Robert,
Fantastic! Cannot wait to see it completed.... Love your choice of colors on this one, greens as opposed to blues... Very mysterious vibe going here.

Peace,
Jason

Thanks Mike! You're too kind!

TikiDaye! Thanks for the nice words, I am aiming for that mysterious, Phosphorescencent kinda vibe. Sent you a PM back about the book!

U
umeone posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2011 5:14 AM

Beautiful!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies