Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 372 replies

Lookin Beautifully Creepy Wendy!!!!

tried to rally some of the bigger boys
but i think they've all went deaf....
or heartless...
or both!

But here's what y'alls can do...
GRASS ROOTS style!
PM your favorite artist and PM them with a link to this Swap...
they'll get the hint.....
:)

But you are already in! Hugs, Wendy

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2010 2:11 PM

Some good looking pieces coming along. Come on guys, just over a month now!

I'm in, I'm in! Have worked out what I'm doing, all I can say is I'm all shook up! :D

Z

Where's Thor?

BT

Progress. Shape is done, base coat is done, now I need to add paint and some embelishments.

Love the 3-D art. It would be fun to carry it to a tiki party and sneak up on friends. I can imagine what it will look like, cool. Wendy

L

Really loving the velvet !

BT

Thanks Wendy, the velvet is looking smooth :wink:

Thank you. It's a trick, it's not velvet. Wendy

I must say, I am quite impressed with the pieces so far! Wendy, that is awesome. I have just recently started toying with a similar technique...too cheap to buy velvet, I've been painting canvases black. Reverse shading is lookin' quite good!

Badd, I can't wait to see what your little fren' will become!

Tiki G, NuKKe, Tipsy, Mike, and all others... we need more progress photos! How can we drool over your stuff and hope we get your name without having tasty visual treats to keep us hungry?

Speaking of progress currently made, here's little mo-mo ...

~and of course, there will be a secret surprise inside!

~Zero
and here's his brother, mini Mo-mo...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35822&forum=21&2

Oh, and did I ask where Thor was yet? :wink:

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-03-11 17:22 ]

BT

I agree with Zero, we need more progress shots :)

Diggin the Momo Zero, the colors are great.

I've actually had some ideas for paintings on black myself. Not some much because the price of velvet ('cause I have no idea on that) but becuase I figure you mess up a little with velvet and your done, wasted piece. But you can always paint on more black with a canvas. That's why Heather Watts pieces impress me so much, they are so clean in details, no mistakes at all.

A

I make a lot of stuff- weird things- out of various materials. I've learned (the hard way!) to buy extra
of whatever it is, and practice on spare pieces first until I feel confident about the technique.

You learn SOOO much from your mistakes!

A

Sewing with dark gold sparkle vinyl, using a machine and hand stitching.
There will be hair and a nose bone.

This is a sample piece that is coming out ok. It might be too small for a final piece,
but not sure yet. Figuring a few things out before I cut bigger pieces.

NOTHING says the party is HERE like metalflake vinyl!
AWSOME!
Gotta get back at my submission...

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Mar 12, 2010 7:46 AM

TC art swap Ohana and ZeroTiki...ask and you shall receive!

This weeks' two teaser photos of my project -in-process of course:

Stay tuned for furthur teasers :wink:

Thank you, TikiG. You rock!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2010 4:42 PM

Shrunken head elvis :D Just a quick sketch to see how it looks, but I'll think I'll go for a more shrunken look.

Z

That's a great idea, Hewey! Can't wait to see what happens!

Hewey! Props on the Elvis shrunken head...
i like the sketch..it kinda looks like him...
and G... just that cage is worth the price of admission!
a shrunken NIXON head in there would be the best!

C'mon kids!

How about the Shrunken Presidents? hehe

BT

amybean, glitter vinyl is deffinately a cool way to go, can't wait to see more progress.

TikiG, very cool cage, looking foward to what you have in store.

hewey, The King is always big, even when he's small :) great idea.

Here's a bit more progress on mine. I think I've got a little bit more to do with touch ups in the fox paws wood and I have to crawl in a basement and dig out my hemp twine to stich him up, so it WILL be done in time :wink:

Z

Detail shot of Mo-Mo:

• thumb action on the top by me.

Home stretch!!
~Zero

A

Here's a crappy sketch study in vinyl - way too small to be a final, though I learned a lot along the way!
Probably do a head full size or 3/4 scale.

Cutting new pieces tomorrow... stay tuned!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Mar 15, 2010 9:49 AM

Hello TC art swap-peers,

For starters - I'm diggin' on all the creative work shown here so far. I've participated in two prior swaps; I feel that the subject focus has progressed in a challenging way and THIS swap has enticed me to jump off of my comfort zone (painting) and land on a 3-Dimensional vista :)

For the record I made enormous progress over the weekend. In between moments of working on a bedroom PolyPop makeover...reed applied to walls and general decorating - I worked on my shrunken-head project. Below are four more teaser pics w/ descriptions. Enjoy.

Filmo clay model right out of the oven (a paper-mache core.)

1st Pass acrylic paint phase. Blue, green, brown and grey.

Roping the eyes and the mouth. Satin spray applied to head to dull color.

The beginning of the hair application process. Bought human hair and white glue.

My next photos shall be of the finished project. Stay-tuned!

EEEEEW!
HUMAN HAIR!

right on G!

teaser...

A

OK- teased!

TIKIVILLE is going abstract on us

I'm finished and now it's time to relax and wait for the drawing. This is super fun for Dan, I do the work and he gets the trade for his collection. It's super fun for me because I always make new friends along the way. Good Work everyone. Wendy

ps So sorry this hair is not human.

Very Cool Wendy!
Great colors and mood!
Feel like i was a'wanderin thru the jungle
turned to the left
and AAAAAAAAAAH!
These Swaps are so fun!

Wish more folks would hop on board!

BT

Wow, great piece Wendy, really diggin it :)

A

Awesome, Wendy! Any of these pieces so far will be a welcome addition to my collection!

Thank you everyone. I agree that this is fun and that it's another great swap. Last time there were some last minute hop on's so we can hope it happens again. Cheers, Wendy

just about done ...

a thick coating of liquid plastic ( may need another coat )

That gives me the creepy creeps but in a good way. I wonder if the next swap could be something cute. Wendy

Such cool stuff coming up - Amy, Hewey, BaddTiki, Tikiville. TikiG, the polymer over papermachie is a cool idea - I'll have to file that away in my head. Wendy's already done a looking awesome!!!

I'm working on a hand-holding-a-head mug. This is the plaster and modeling clay master.

I'll make a plaster mold from it and then slipcast my mug, it's an easy way to make a hollow mug. The face is feature-less with no hair, hair and features will be added after it's cast. If I want to make another one (like for me :) ) it will have a completely different shrunken head.

A

You are a busy man! Cute kid- oops wrong thread!

Here's another 'speriment w/de vinyl

Now that's cute!
Mike, I love that hand cast. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-16 20:02 ]

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Mar 17, 2010 9:03 AM

Go MadDog Go!! So far so wicked. Inspires me to attempt a hand holding a shrunken head mug someday too :wink:

Little Mo-Mo can't wait to meet his new friends.....

....And watch them while they is sleepin'.....

MuwaHAHAHAHAHAH!
~Zero

T

Zero -

I'm mesmerized - slayed over the black-light poster vibe of your Little Mo-Mo creation. LLT is right-on with the black-light comparison. I've always loved purple, blue and green shades of day-glo - even if you didn't use day-glo for this piece - it has that quality for me and obviously others too.

I would be proud to own, display, and have Mo-Mo watch over me as I slept...

Thanks! for bringing Little Mo-Mo into our world!

I think Mo-Mo may have a hard time LOOKING at anyone with those eyes all sewn shut! LOL Very cool EVERYONE! Wendy - Yea for cuteness! Are there Tiki kitties and puppies - 'cause THAT would be cute! My stalling point is that I know virtually nothing about shrunken heads and therefore have no reference point to attempt a creation of any kind. I'm really enjoying all of the postings though :).

I've got this idea... a creepy shrunken head idea... mmmmmm... I'm thinkin' I might join this swap.

A

I'm having too much trouble with a full sized 3D head at the moment, so I may go with a nice l'il picture instead.
Worry not- it will absolutely without a doubt be made of sparkle vinyl. With real stitching.

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Mar 19, 2010 5:45 AM

My mug got a crack while drying before bisque :(
Teacher is going to split it into 2 parts and glue it back together with a mixture of vinegar and clay. So hope it works out, so hope to finish it before the deadline.

Z

Bumpish

Bumping along the trail.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-22 17:30 ]

BT

No update here bump

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 372 replies