Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Wendy Cevola ceramics to painting. I love doing tiki art.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

I just posted a photo of my latest painting shown at Tiki Oasis 13. Cheers, Wendy

Page nine has a lot more images of projects from 2013. I don't know how I forgot to post them here but I did. I'll work to keep up from now on. Cheers, Wendy

Lots-0-awesomeness

:)

Jon

hang10tiki thank you very much. Wendy

New photos on page 9, I just keep adding them on by way of edit.

T

Who ended up with the shrunken severed head mug - that was an amazingly creative idea Wendy!

Thank you Tiki Hula. I think Mahalo Tiki sold that one on eBay for me because I can't remember who has it. Wendy

I think I'll start another page for the rest of the projects from the latest run Summer 2013.

Tiki Island bowl and removable volcano with two tikis.

===============================================================
This mug is based on this album cover and was made for the MadDogMike December 24th 2013 swap.

==================================================================

These two mugs were designed by lunavideogames as a wedding gift to friends Nate and Keri. One is based on the group Ween and the other on the Buffy and the Vampire TV show. These were Wish List mugs.

====================================================================

This time I added a skirt to my hula girl cast and it turned out just as I'd hoped. It's now in Dan's collection.

=============================================================================

I did a Bastard Bob for hang10tiki and this one was made for Dan. MP came up with this idea and has allowed me to make them too. Another Wish List item.

Wish List #4 completed on 4/30/14
My wish with the crackle glaze. It came true.

Dan's Moai bowl wish.

Tiki Hula's Zombie Village mug.

Tiki Hula's AL DEAD bowl. Gold paint may go on the lettering and sword this weekend.

kingstiedye's Frankoma shakers.

Chippy's Maori Mug.

Corona Contessa's Zombies torch.

dartharnie's wishes.

Float necklaces were a gift for his daughter's, they match their bowls.

The front of their bowls.

The backs and

inside.

NY Yankee's mug for his dad. Front.

Back and

the side.

A Frankoma War God tea light holder.

The back was modified.

DooWop's mug for Jerry's Jungle Room

ebtiki's Suffering Bastard Bob. The flash made him look like a vampire.

hang10tikis wishes where for a huge necklace.

I included this photo because the color is closer to the actual color.

He won this mug on one of my contests.

LoriLovesTiki's Maori wall hanging.

MaukaHale Tiki Tapa Bob

Miss Monk-ii's up next with her Bumatay fish with fins mug.

Side.

Ocean back.

Miss Monk-ii's next wish was for a Zombie Torch mug in light green

Moai Mike's mug weighs like it is made of rocks. Good to exercise when lifting it to drink!

Mondo-by-the-bay had five orders.

The first was a Volcano Bob with palm trees and a small tiki on the back.

Next was a King's Goblet. My photos are funky, it looks much better in real life.

This is Tapa Bob and the colors are deeper in real life. More yellow and darker brown.

This is Drunken Bamboo Bob. Even his eyes are off.

Last is a Bumatay Bowl with fins.

Tavarua Tiki's King's Place of Refuge Goblet. It's always a challenge to copy something rather than to just make it.
There were a lot of details to these tikis.

These photos show the real color better.

Tiki Wahini's Rat Fink in Disneyland took me back to jr. high where I was obsessed with carving these in soap.

VampiressRN's Zombie Torch was the last I made for this Wish List.

All three together.

WaikikianMoeKele (I have the spelling memorized) had this Hello Kitty made as a gift.

===================================================================

I kept everything until the entire Wish List #4 was completed. I did this so that I could take a group photo.

Tiki Hula helped me.

I figured out that putting them on the stairway was the best way to display them. However the walls showed a lot.
Tiki Hula said, I'll fix that with photoshop.

So after the photo shoot Dan boxed up all the tikis to ship.

Horrors the next day I found that I'd missed putting Kele's statue on the stairs. I thought this photo was all I could do.

But NO! Tiki Hula to the rescue. He took the little statue and added it to the final photoshopped picture.

====================================================================

TIKI POP I hope that it's OK I'm going to post a few photos here from the book. We love the book.
Talk about pounds of History. My scale goes between 5.5 and 6 pounds of Tiki goodness. Every page is covered with photos.
Sven has done it again, he's a master. He'll keep Tiki on everyone's radar. Thank you SVEN.

Off facebook today I borrowed this photo that shows the size.

I'm showing a tiny amount of photos that made my year if not more.

We love Gecko'z art and what a thrill to see he's holding one of my Bloody Maori heads that he had altered.

This is my own photo.

He's in the photo with kingstiedye aka Bullet.

Another page shows work by GROG and Bosko.

Another page shows Doug Horne, Derek Yanger, Tiki Art Shark and little lost tiki.

I'm so happy to fine one of Roge's Tiki Chunk Lamps. I did the sculpt for the tikis on the sides. That's an Eric October on the right.

The ultimate for me was the page with my Zombie's Torch mug.

I didn't show much of the book. The last image of my torch is on page 377.

Over and over I say a huge THANK YOU Sven. Love the book. (I'm such a ham.) Wendy

Tiki Central Art Swap July 31st 2014 Theme Tiki and Aliens.

My painting is called Ancient Astronaut. He's just returned from a trip to Earth and is wearing one of his favorite collectable.

It's funny how his likeness ended up on the roof of the Bali Hai. He doesn't like being called The Goof.

This is my very first volcano bowl where the volcano can't be removed. August 2014.

==============================================================

We are totally thrilled to be the centerfold for Tiki Magazine this month.

Here's the cover with Sven. His Tiki Pop book is a must have with so many photos it's over the top.

Here's our centerfold.

=========================================================

As I continue to glaze items from the table Dan continues to say, "I've got dibs on that one".

These will be put on the wall in the dining room. We keep adding to his collection so that there are more things to view on the Sacramento crawl in October.

Necklaces of Puffer Fish and

Turtles.

Here's how the Zombie Village wall hanging turned out.

I cast a few peanut mugs for Mahalo Tiki (who has learned so much so fast and is now making his own mugs, check him out on facebook) and he let me cast and change this one mug into a Rapa Maori mug.

I made this bowl for Dan. I tried to make it look like a vintage bowl. Did I succeed or do you have suggestions for next time?

Mixed Polynesian bowl 8/2014

September 2014

Slow Poke Tiki Bob a snail from the planet Gidzork.

Coconut Tiki Bob bowl

Truer color.

More projects completed in September 2014.

Intoxicated Bob in Caribbean Blue.

Suffering Bastard Tiki Bob (idea by MP)

King Frankoma Goblet.

Three hula girl bowl.

Beehive Tiki Bob bowl with lid.

More Easter Islands bowl.

New kiln load October 2014

Bamboo Moai

Flame Bob.

Big Palm Bob.

Viking Bob.

Tiki Bob the Shriner.

Thank you for the visit. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-09-23 20:28 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-10-08 14:57 ]

The Lost Continent and the Suffering Bob are highlights for me - and I'm not even a fan of tiki bobs, so it must be good :wink:

As always...you WOW us with your talent!!!

TikiHula I think Tiki Bob is cute and has to grow on a person. It's history is wonderful. I need to see you soon.

VampiressRN you have a talent for making people feel really good about themselves. I am so fortunate to have you for a friend. Dan says the same.

Thank you both so much. Now it's back to work, Wendy

Love the how to and progress pics
But the finished photos are Amazing.....

Jon

Thank you hang10tiki. I sure do love posting on Tiki Central. Wendy

Bullet/Kingstiedye just mentioned that he would like a Frankenstein mug of some kind. I told him that I made one in May of 2012 for dartharnie. Bullet looked through my Gallery posts and couldn't find it. I looked and couldn't either. So I searched my photos and found it. This mug was the first of four monster mugs I made for dartharnie.

So Here's Frankenstein Bob a Tiki Bob conversion.

Love it

WOW! I still can't BELIEVE you all live in the same city as I do! Much mahalo again for your kind, warm generousity & hospitality! The Spirit of Aloha is alive & well in Sacramento, CA!!! :)

hang10tiki the Munsters were such fun.

Lloyd*AloHHHa you are so full of energy that you lift me up.

dartharnie just sent this photo of all the monsters I've made for him in a group. This is the first time I've seen them all together. A family reunion.
Thank you Derek.

wow Wendy, glad to see you have been so productive!

G
Gsc posted on Tue, Mar 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Here's my new mug from Wendy! She is soooooo awesome & talented! It's the prize of my mug collection- thank you so much Wendy!!!!!!

Wow those are scary photos. Thank you so much for posting them. I'll steal them for my "other crafts" thread too so more people will see them. Finding these was such a treat, Wendy

Awesome

Very Cool, Wendy! =) I love the Frankenstein mug!

I'm new here and love to see everybody's take on the tiki themes.

Sandra

I love that Frankenstein mug. Excellent job, are there any for purchase?

hang10tiki you sure do get around! Thanks for the visit here and the happily received comment.

SandraFremgen welcome. You are going to have so many friends so fast. You live in the perfect tiki location. I hope you'll make it to Marketplace at Don the Beachcomber's Huntington Beach. I can't make it to the next few but you can meet all the artists and tiki people there that will become friends forever. It's so much fun. See next post.

Kilaueakyd thank you for the post. Frankenstein was a 1/1 ordered through a Wish List. I've posted the link below that takes you to the thread where 6 days a week I post the step by steps of making tiki art.

Once or twice a year I open a Wish List and I do special orders. Frankenstein was a Tiki Bob that I converted into Frank. If watch my thread you'll see when I open the Wish List #5, maybe near the end of this year. When it opens I only take orders for 5 days and that keeps me busy for the next 6 months. I don't do deadlines but I do post all the step by steps.

I'm currently glazing Wish List #4 and those photos are being posted now.

So far I've made everything that's been requested. This year there is even a Rat Fink in Disneyland wearing Mickey Mouse ears.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=4860&4867

If I did a Frankenstein for you next time it too would be a 1/1 hand built on a Tiki Bob cast first.

Thank you all for the visit, cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-04-15 10:33 ]

TIKI POP I hope that it's OK I'm going to post a few photos here from the book. We love the book.
Talk about pounds of History. My scale goes between 5.5 and 6 pounds of Tiki goodness. Every page is covered with photos.
Sven has done it again, he's a master. He'll keep Tiki on everyone's radar. Thank you SVEN.

Off facebook today I borrowed this photo that shows the size.

I'm showing a tiny amount of photos that made my year if not more.

We love Gecko'z art and what a thrill to see he's holding one of my Bloody Maori heads that he had altered.

This is my own photo.

He's in the photo with kingstiedye aka Bullet.

Another page shows work by GROG and Bosko.

Another page shows Doug Horne, Derek Yanger, Tiki Art Shark and little lost tiki.

I'm so happy to fine one of Roge's Tiki Chunk Lamps. I did the sculpt for the tikis on the sides. That's an Eric October on the right.

The ultimate for me was the page with my Zombie's Torch mug.

I didn't show much of the book. The last image of my torch is on page 377.

Over and over I say a huge THANK YOU Sven. Love the book. (I'm such a ham.) Wendy

It took a long time but I finally made my first volcano bowl. Dan wanted one with Tiki Bob. See page 11 at the bottom for photos.
Cheers, Wendy

T

So glad your art is in Sven's book Wendy!

And the "genie" looks good in green with gold earrings - really like that one.

I agree...Wendy you are a top notch artist. Keep the ceramics coming!!!

GREAT STUFF!

TikiHula

VampiressRN

Kahuna Kraig

Thank you all for the kind words. Reading these messages keeps me going. I just posted our Tikified section of Tiki Magazine on the bottom of page 11.

Cheers, Wendy

Bottom of page 11 has my new Slow Poke and Coconut bowls. I've been busy and there's more to come. Wendy

Bottom of page 11 photos are my newest Tiki Bob's. I've been having fun playing with Bob again. Cheers, Wendy

T

Hey Everyone,,
Here's a long overdue photo of a few mugs Wendy sent me as a trade for a lamp I made her...her work is out of this world!!! Thanks again for doing the trade Wendy!!!
Jamie

Hi Jamie, long overdue is telling you that everyone at the crawl admired your Seahorse lamp hanging in Dan's jungle room. It was eye catching and without a doubt the best lamp in our tiki home. Thank you for the photos you've posted here. Love seeing your shelves in the background. Do you have a thread elsewhere on Tiki Central? Wendy

I wished I could see all the Bob's I've made together in one place. hang10tiki did this for me. hang10tiki I'm going to make you the Tiki Bob of your dreams. What is your wish? Hugs, Wendy

:)

I've got my fingers crossed hang10tiki that in another year you'll make me a set of all the newest Tiki Bobs.

Tiki Hula's Wish List #4 request was for these two bowls and to have them with holding areas for 501 Rum. Yesterday
we photographed the flames.

The Zombie Torch mugs that I based on the menu from Zombie Village, Oakland. Double sided. I just finished these two for Tikiman.

Here's one in progress.

This black version has silver sparkles that shine in the sun. Here he just looks dusty.

Cheers, Wendy

Wish List #5 photos back by black velvet will be posted each day until the Wish List is finished.

This is Bullet aka kingstiedyes Wish for a Death Tiki and a Franken Fink.

Awesome

Thank you hang10tiki. Here's the latest. He's Maori Rat Fink.

More images of Wish List #5.

Zombie Village mug.

Zombie Hut mug.

Maori Lamp. We still need to get this wired and a shade placed. When that's done I'll put up more photos.

I continue to glaze and fire the Wish List. More to come.

Now for the close up's of IDoVooDoo's two projects.

First his huge Maori necklace.

Next his Tiki Torture Bamboo Bar coconut mug without a flash.

Once again but with a flash.

Wendy, you are a ceramic queen! Keep up the great work.

johnnyvelvet thank you sir! I haven't forgotten your order on the Wish List. I'm cranking them out at a snails pace to get them done well. I'll be in contact. Wendy

Wish List #5 continues with...

For Tyber Tiki

Photos to compare with the alternate glaze.

Next up are the two mugs I made for Pocketiki of England.

==================================

This mug #8 mirror image with changes from Jen Tiki's #8 is for Kenneth G. McNeil.

Next up is his second Wish for a Fun Fake Tiki Bob.

Being realistic I don't think I can paint smaller words on this mug with enamel. The real mug was done with a decal that was printed by a machine. I'm not that good.

=================================

For Johnny Velvet

Two for hang10tiki

For LoriLovesTiki

For IDoVooDoo I'll replace these photos after I paint her face.

Finally got the face painted!

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-05-03 01:28 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-01-23 09:14 ]

SWEET......

hang10tiki thank you. Now it's time to post the Rotorua Rocket made for Tiki Oasis 15 Art show.

50 Zombie Torches have been made so far.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-04-02 15:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies