Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Wendy Cevola ceramics to painting. I love doing tiki art.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

This gigantic mug was made for Fred Ferrer. Wish List #8 Phase Four continues one wish at a time.

This project was called Missionary's Downfall. I went on to use the girl for my Hot Tub Hula Girl mugs instead.

I did this sculpt and made this one many years ago and Gecko'z produced a few. It was way too much work so it was scrapped.

Cheers, Wendy

The redhead is for Anton Crone and the blond is for my great-niece Michelle.

For Anton.

For Michelle.

Designed by hang10tiki and made by me! Wendy

Without a flash looks better.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-09-05 20:09 ]

Joseph Desmond will have the Tiki Bar Dream mug if it passes inspection.

The next wish is for Mark Hooper and is a Tropical Tiki Bob with Bird of Paradise flowers.

I've brought back the Harvey's Shakers "butt" with a twist. Check out the backside! Also in addition to the classic set of orange and purple I've done them in other colors like their two mugs. I like the green best.

so many beautiful new pieces Wendy! I particularly love the green tumbler with the brown Moai!

Ocea Otica it's always so nice to have a visit from you. Thank you. Wendy

====================================

PUNCH Magazine On-line

Link is here: https://punchdrink.com/articles/secret-lives-tiki-cocktail-bar-fanatics

So I photographed the photographer as he took his photos in our home. Again the flash shows all the spots on the wall where I filled nail holes. They don't show otherwise. One day we will have the inside of our home painted but I'm in no hurry since I need to work on the Wish List.

=======================================================================

Now these are photographs of the photos and text of the article. To see some of the photos you have to click on underlined words and it wasn't then easy to get back to the text. So here it is exaggerations and all. Of course I'm NOT 68!

We have a few things left in the garage to sell but after selling 90% of the collection we are now happy with our tiki decorated home and no massive collection. You can visit many of our items at Max's South Sea Hideaway in Grand Rapids, MI. We shipped entire rooms to him. It took us a month. We hope to visit there one day to see all our tiki babies on display.

Meanwhile I will be back to work on the Wish List. This is the month I would be working on the next crawl mug but I have retired after 10 years so I can catch up. Thank you all for the visit and all the support these past years. It's been a blast and it's no where near over. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-10-09 20:36 ]

Wish List #8 Phase Four has some finished mugs.

Tiki Bobanuaght is for Gregory Liebig.

===================================

This is the Alien from the planet Zintron. No matter how I tried I could photograph his mouth. His microphone kept it hidden or maybe it was for my own protection. This one is for Eric Sacht.

=========================================

Next up is my version of a 1950's Robot mug.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-10-27 09:40 ]

Wish List #8 Phase Four the idea and wish of Trey Goodwin. A Ren Clark Severed Head morphed with a Frankoma War God.

These two heads were not part of a Wish List. The first one was cast and dropped and made into a "Smacked" version.

Ever so often I like to make a severed head. This one was grabbed by Trey Goodwin.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-12-09 09:43 ]

I made a Maori Lamp for Dan years ago. I never liked the glaze because it hid too much detail of the hand carving.

I re-glazed it and now this is how it looks. Layering glaze can work out.

Wish List for 2018 continues with Phase Four just being completed. This wish is for Alex Reaney.

Wish List 2018 Phase Four continues with a mermaid for Tom Grill.

Wish List 2018 Phase Four continues with the next mermaid.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-12-10 09:52 ]

Dan sold his vintage set of these shakers and then decided that he would keep his shakers when he downsized his collection. So I made these to replace his sold set and to also add his bottom to them to make them different. I also did a green version, my own idea.

This Hula Girl Goblet is the 2018 Wish of Mary Ann Edwards. It takes so long to get all these wishes filled. I'm just glad I did it before 2020.

Wish List #8 (2018) Phase Four is completed with this bowl for Hamo. Phase Five starts up soon.

I love surprises. I just saw that Sven Kirsten has a new version of Tiki Pop coming out in January and my
Zombie Torch is on the spine!!!

This is not the first time he's used my mug. Here he is setting up for the Paris show.

Here is how it ended up being displayed. Can you spot it?

This was a photo in a newspaper interview.

This is the new edition of his book coming out in January 2020. I am so thrilled.

Best Holiday gift ever! Wendy

Best gallery ever

Ah, you are such a dear friend. Thank you, Wendy

Just for fun I decided before I get back to regular posting I would put all my Black Velvet paintings into a group and post them. Here is every one I've ever done since 2011. I'd never done one before that year.

2011 Vacation on Easter Island. Given as a gift to Sean Kline for Brenda's Tiki Hut.

2011 Rapa Nui Chapter Bought at the Tiki Oasis 11 art show.

2011 Easter Island Tiki Oasis 11 Art show. I don't remember what happened to this one. A mystery!

2011 Night Torch Bought at Tiki Oasis 11 Art show. This is huge around 3 1/2 feet by 3 feet. Went to someone in Portland, OR.

Then I saw this photo and fell in love with these Disney tikis.

2016 Tiki Oasis Art Show. Buyer unknown to me.

2017 Wish List. Wish of Gregory Ramirez.

2017 Wish List. Wish of Duane Orzol aka Tiki Psycho D

2017 Wish List. Wish of Jefferey Bannow

2017 Tiki Oasis Art Show. Buyer unknown to me.

2018 Wish List Karen Schell.

2018 Wish List. Wish of Jeffrey Konyue.

2018 Wish List. Wish of Stephen Seaton.

2018 Wish List. Wish of Lynn Bloom.

2020 Wish List. Wish of Lynn McGuire.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2020-01-21 20:49 ]

I had another interview with Tiki With Ray (Wyland) It's posted on Utube. Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/YKzDKeJIW6k

Here are photos from the shoot.

Vance and Jenae Klinke. Two of the nicest people any one could meet. We love them.

We got there before Ray. I just noticed the two shelves of my art at the bottom right!!!

Ray arrived and was introduced.

Vance did a great job of putting his Gecko collection together. His rooms are wonderful.

Ray set up to film.

One photo and then the camera was on and Ray joined us. Look for Tiki With Ray on Utube. He has dozens of these interview.

It was a fun day for sure. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2020-01-29 20:14 ]

Awesome Wendy, will check out the interview this evening

OceaOtica thank you for checking in. The interview was fun and goofy. I'm a ham and it shows. Wendy

facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (0) facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (1) facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (2) facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (3) facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (4)!

I saved all of the finished projects in a file so that once Tiki Central was up and running again I could post what was missing. This is a test.

Excellent. I was able to put up the facehugger clinging to a Ren Clark head but all the photos posted fast and all at once!!! Love the change. Thank you, Hanford and Leevi!2 (3)2 (2) Tiki Bob lamp.

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-15 08:59:22 ]

4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (67)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (68)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (69)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (73)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (76)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (59)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (63)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (64)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (65)4 14 21 posted fb glazing santas and opening the kiln war gods (66) A Frankoma War God and more Tiki Bob's!

Be back soon.

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-15 09:11:28 ]

6 (1)6 (2)6 (3)

I start with a blank mug and then hand carve each one so no two are alike. These are very difficult to glaze with so many colors but so worth it.

6 (4)6 (5)6 (6)

A different color.

6 (7)6 (9)6 (10)

One more set.

6 (12)

All together.

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-15 09:46:24 ]

Wendy, good to see all of your amazing stuff in one place <3

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2022 8:14 PM

Wendy, it's marvelous to see your ceramics again. I'm ashamed to say that I still need to read the Exotica Moderne article about your work from last year (but now I have a lot of TC to catch up on).

She’s back

Oh, some of my favorite men all in one line of comments. They you for checking in. I need to get the rest posted soon. Cheers to all of us being back!!!

14 Gregory Liebig Tiki Bob lamp Base (1)14 Gregory Liebig Tiki Bob lamp Base (3)14 Gregory Liebig Tiki bob lamp Base (7)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-17 10:06:10 ]

16 Woody Tiki Bob for Dan  (1)16 Woody Tiki Bob for Dan  (3)16 Woody Tiki Bob for Dan  (4)16 Woody Tiki Bob for Dan  (5)

I made this for Dan. It had to be scrubbed and re-glazed to get rid of the tiny skips.

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-17 10:09:02 ]

18 Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappendahl (1)18 Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappendahl (4)18 Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappendahl (5)18 Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappendahl (6)

Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappadahl.

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-03-17 10:13:38 ]

21 flirty tiki bob (1)25 (2)27 (2)28 (1)

Flirty Tiki Bob and then two Tiki Bob's that had persistent glaze skips that I painted over with enamel paint.

50 50 tiki bob supercarved (1)50 50 tiki bob supercarved (2)50 50 tiki bob supercarved (3)50 50 tiki bob supercarved (4)

This supercarved Tiki Bob is mine to keep.

1000 (26)1000 (27)1000 (28)1000 (29)1000 (30)1000 (33)1888 (1)1888 (2)1888 (3)

Three Hot Tub Hula Girl mugs and then a few green coconut mugs.

2000 (91)2000 (92)2000 (93)2000 (95)2000 (96)2000 (97)2000 (101)![](Uploading 2000 (102).JPG…)![](Uploading 2000 (103).JPG…)

I sure have made a lot of Tiki Bob's. It would be fun to know where each one now resides.

2000 (90)2000 (125)2000 (131)2000 (136)

Santa Tiki Bob's were fun to make.

Alexis Antonio (1)Alexis Antonio (2)Alexis Antonio (3)Ari Yuasa (2)Ari Yuasa (3)Ari Yuasa (4)Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (1)Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (2)Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (3)Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (4)

The Hot Tub Hula Girl was for Alexis Antonio. The next two mugs shipped to Japan to Ari Yususa.

Baby Blue PNG (1)Baby Blue PNG (2)Bonnie Borda Hoffenfeker puffer

The Baby Blue Tiki Bob will not end up in this color. But the puffer fish necklace for Bonnie Borda Hoffenfeker will.

Brianne Elisa Perez j (2)Brianne Elisa Perez j (3)Brianne Elisa Perez j (4)Brianne Elisa Perez j (5)Brianne Elisa Perez j (6)

Brianne Elisa's wish. All the posts I'm now adding are from my last Wish List #8 before retiring and moving on to just painting on black velvet.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies