Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Wendy Cevola ceramics to painting. I love doing tiki art.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies

Wendy,
I hope you are recovering well. I've been thinking of you, thinking good, happy, healing thoughts your way. Mend well.
~kele

The lamp turned out beautifully. Thanks for posting the whole process and thanks for steering me to your craft thread a little while back. I'm sorry you're down for a bit, but I'd be willing to bet your mind is busy dreaming up a swarm of new ideas. Get well soon.

Hi Kele, thank you for your healing thoughts, I'm doing really well. By next week I hope to be back with the clay. I'd love to see where the ornaments ended up. Do you have a tree?

Professor G, thanks for checking up on my crafts thread. I love posting photos and reading comments.

Happy Holidays Everyone, Wendy

TK

here's to a quick recovery, and dirty hands...

Yee Haw...just purchased the blue chunk lamp. It will be a great complement to my lounge.

Hey Tiki King we really do plan to come see you in Felton.

Vamp, I'm so excited that I will get to see it at your home. Photos do not do these lamps justice.

Hugs, Wendy

Wendy
What's next??????????????

Hi hang10tiki, I have 8 more Missionary's Downfall bowls to make to match to the women. I have been waiting for my hand incision to heal because clay contains bacteria. I also have a secret project that I've been working on for many months and it's close to being ready to mold. When I get that far I will post all the step by step photos. It's been fun keeping it secret but it will be more fun for me when I share it. Thank you for asking, Wendy

Can't wait

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=750

Please check out the three part tiki blog. We are at the end of the third one.

Thank you hang10tiki. I've made a few but they are now on the back burner while I make the Zombie Torch. There's always something fun to work on and you are a great example of that. I love your tikis and mugs, cheers, Wendy

love your work and want you all better now!
~Zero

Thank you ZeroTiki, I'm doing really well. I hope to see more of your art soon, Wendy

Sven sent me photos of how he displays my Tiki Bob decanter. The flowers are from his garden. Also are photos showing Roge's lamp. Thank you Sven. Are the flowers being fed water or rum? Wendy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

The Bumatay I sculpted have been molded and cast in resin. Lamps can be made with these and chunks or you can wait a month or two when all of the sea life creatures are added to the mix. Roge has lots of new designs. He'll customize for you. Cheers, Wendy

Nice bluuuuues! I can see this sea life lamp becoming a very popular design!

TK

those are fantastic.

Those came out great

Hi Friends, I just Googled my name and then clicked on Images and got 28 pages of my art. There are a bunch of photos that are mixed in from events that are not mine but this is fun anyway. There is even a photo of a surgery! Cheers, Wendy

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&pq=sombrero&cp=12&gs_id=1b&xhr=t&q=wendy+cevola&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1016&bih=586&wrapid=tljp1332519553537226&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=haJsT7neCovKiALT5NmsBQ

Hi Friends, I've added the photo for the Zombie Torches to the end of page one. Now I'll be on to the Wish List projects. Cheers, Wendy

Today I added photos to page one of what has been completed on the recent wish list. I have lots in progress that will show up in the future. Cheers, Wendy

Today I added more photos of mugs from the Wish List. Cheers, Wendy

Page one last item the new Frankoma War God Bowl June 2012. Wendy

Lovity love your stuff, as always! Those l'il blue-matays are great! See you at the super secret spy convention!
~Zero

Hi ZeroTiki, thank you very much. I hope to see you and your art at Oasis this year. It's not too far away now. Wendy

Gorgeous fishies! Can they be bought separately online?

-Whystler

Whystler, hi thanks for asking. The fish can be bought from Roge on Etsy. The link is with the chunk lamp photos. I am sculpting a base so he can cast the Bumatay fish as a statue. That will happen in a month. Meanwhile he's making the Bumatay and sealife swag chunk lamps with them. Cheers, Wendy

I've just finished a lot of projects. I pay Dan in tikis to help me with the work so some of the art is for him. I've not finished his Wish List but I'm trying.

All these styles will be available on the next Wish List that opens August 1st at midnight.

We'll be at Tiki Oasis 12 and hope to meet more of you there. Please come up to us any time.

All my art is on page one.

Thanks for checking it out, Wendy

TK

Can't wait to see it all in person at Tiki Oasis!

Hi Tiki King, it was fun to see you at Oasis this year. I only brought the painting for the Spy show. We missed you at the South San Francisco Bay Crawl. That was a super event. We'll visit you next time we are in your area. Cheers, Wendy

These are so fun! You are so prolific and talented! How do you have time to MAKE so much? I'm jealous. Love your palm tree designs.

Hi Quinntiki, I checked out your art on Etsy. You should start a thread here and keep posting on page one by editing. Then one day you'll have a list as long as mine. I started this art about 15 years ago but didn't post for quite a while. I've managed to catch up and to have it all posted now.

Most of my posts on on my "other crafts" section so that everyone can watch the step by step process of creating tiki art. You could do that with your paintings.

I didn't start doing my own ceramics until 2 years ago. Sharing is the very best part. People who are into tiki seem to really enjoy art. Posting is such fun it will in itself encourage you to continue.

Thanks for your note, keep up the good work, Wendy

I've updated with new art from the Wish List in progress October 2012. Thanks for checking it out, Wendy

New photos of art I'm taking to sell on Dec 2nd at the Don the Beachcomber's sale in Huntington Beach. See you there? Wendy

great stuff

PalmCityTiki
Thank you for checking out my work and commenting, I appreciate it very much, Wendy

Wow
That's a great page 1

Glad I own several of those shown...

Jon

Thank you Jon. I have a clear picture of what is yours. I only post here when I finish a kiln load. That time is coming soon. Cheers, Wendy

This will be the start of my next run of completed projects for 2013.

Dan's Beach Bum Bob is now enjoying his drink and waiting to find where Dan will display him.

Holler Waller's (aka Beeki Tiki) Bumatay Fish Bob.

Professor G's Frankoma Tiki with rocky base.

Bela Lugosi for dartharnie. This is his monster trio.

The Invisible Man

Bela Lugosi

The Mummy

My version of the Ren Clark Severed Head. I did these in Sculpey clay in 2005 now I've made them in ceramic clay.

This is my AP next to the original. The run I'm going to make will have hair closer to the original. We purchased this from the Ren Clark family. It was in his sisters garage from decades until found by her son. He sold it to us with a letter or provenance and they gave me permission to bring back the head.

Mr and Mrs Pac Man's for Atomic Chick, SM Bacon (who mapped them out for me) and lunarvideogames.

For LiddleLola's lounge.

For Matt the Cat.

For MP

Shrunken Severed Head. I finished adding enamel to the strings and today I'll bake him in the house oven.

Bug-eyed Severed Head.

Tongue cut out Severed Head.

Tapa Snake Severed Head.

Dan's gone out to work on his man cave project. It's time to work on the run of 30 severed heads. Thank you for checking on my progress. You all make it worthwhile. Wendy

April/May 2013

http://www.eichlernetwork.com/article/paradise-found#.Udg1AggsP7Q.facebook

A picture of Sven with one of my mugs was in a newspaper article.
Thank you LiddleLola and Mahalo Tiki for letting me know. Wendy

My painting for Tiki Oasis 13.

Title is Hot Night on RockaHulaBilly Beach.

Big Maori Mug.

I had a strange defect with the glaze so I added clear and re=fired to maintain this look.

My get well mug for GROG who had open heart surgery on 9/11/13.

Dan's best friend since 2nd grade requested this mug with his badge number one it.

I did a couple of hula girl necklaces. One for Dan and one for hang10tiki.

I finally completed the Missionary's Downfall bowl for Psycho Tiki D.

This is the second one that I've made and it will be the last one too. Sold on eBay recently.

I made two Tiki Bob Torches and Dan nabbed them for his jungle room.

He had the perfect place.

This summer at Hukilau 2013, Hale Tiki asked Maddy to marry him. He had this mug made for her for the occasion. My creatures his design.

Hale Tiki designed this mug as well for himself. The top is the Tiki Central Tapa. I had done that before for ebtiki.

Something's Fishy Bob, June Bob, Worry Bob, Bamboo Bob and Intoxicated Bob.

Tiki Rum Bob.

PNG Eyed Bob

I'm not yet caught up posting but I'm working on it. 10/2/13. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-10-02 08:12 ]

The sign looks fantastic Wendy. Guess I need to get my butt over there and complete that trade.

Darilyn

Simply awesome...

Jon

These are great Wendy! I'm not much of a mug collector but I know what I like. Bela and
the Mummy are a lot of fun, love the Invisible Man.

hang10tiki you are my one constant in life and I treasure your comments, Wendy

congatiki thank you very much. Each year I open a Wish List and let people order what they want and dartharnie has ordered the three you see at the end of page nine and on past pages Frankenstein and the Wolfman. It's fun to do what collectors want. I'm just finishing Wish List #3 from last June. I'll be posting more in the future, thank you for looking, Wendy

Awesome work Wendy ! Definately need the shrunken severed head.

Watango productions thanks for the note. This head is for sale if you are still interested give me a PM. Wendy

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 27, 2013 1:06 AM

SO MUCH STUFF!!! Most impressive.

Thank you GROG and for the smack at Tiki Caliente! Wendy

I've added my latest Bob conversions to page 9. Cheers, Wendy

http://www.eichlernetwork.com/article/paradise-found#.Udg1AggsP7Q.facebook

A picture of Sven with one of my mugs was in a newspaper article.
Thank you LiddleLola and Mahalo Tiki for letting me know. Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 458 replies