Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

A

Mr. Tiki II wasted little time in getting Sweetie B and me to go out, even though we are both swamped with work at the moment...

Making new friends: the Monkey Pod and a Zombie:

Taking in the scenery at Forbidden Island:

Even though it's dark, it's still festive:

Happy birthday, DJ Fitz!!

A

It's time for Mr. Tiki II to get back in circulation! Who is ready to host the awesome? Don't forget to PM me your mailing address!

This is the COOLEST IDEA EVER!

BRILLIANT!!

From the ultimate MASTER OF THE IDEA, of course.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2010 8:46 AM

:) Look who touched down at my pad - MR. TIKI II ! :)

Ahh! Fresh air...get me outta this box, Thanks!

Palmdale welcoming committee greets their traveling jet-set bruddah -

Mr. Tiki II pays homage to his fallen comrades -

With so much rain in So. Cal lately, Mr. Tiki II takes a dip in the freshly created Lake Palmdale -

Mr. Tiki II worked up such an appetite, I give him Melekalikimaka's yummy home-made chicken soup -

Enjoy some rest, my friend. I have a full social calendar planned for you over the holidays...

...more to come!
...here's the rest of the pics from Mr. Tiki's visit to Southern California:

Hanging out at Ken Ruzik's Batcave in Orange County

Relaxin' at Huntington Beach during the day before the Waitiki 7 gig at Don the Beachcomber that night

Back to Palmdale and a rare glimpse of snow(!) - January 2, 2011

Mr.Tiki meets his host Murph at the Waikiki Wombs' First Party of the Year - January 8, 2011

Hangin' with Bora Boris at the Waikiki Womb

Talkin' trash with Manuel, Melekelikimaka and Tobunga at the 'Womb

Keepin' company with 3/4 of The Ding Dong Devils

Mr. Tiki keepin' hydrated with a little help from PolynesianPop

Hobnobbin' with Scott Mabbutt(why of course!)

Grog attempts to take a bite while Capt. R.H. Falernum and others watch

Sayin' hello to JOBU and family

Talkin' sweet with cocktail mixologist extraordinaire Hiphipahula

Keepin' company with Sherriyaki and Tonga Tom

So there you go...take care Mr.Tiki II and only the best of luck to you on your continuing journey...

TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-01-29 14:09 ]

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-01-29 14:12 ]

[ Edited by: tikig 2011-01-30 08:17 ]

I didnt know you had a kitty!!!!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2010 8:57 AM

That's "Princess" kitty!!

SoCal for the holidays - It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks Greg :)

B

On 2010-12-23 11:00, MadDogMike wrote:
SoCal for the holidays - It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks Greg :)

Except that it seems ALL of Cali is a swamp right now - hope you're all staying "high" and dry! Welcome to everyday life in Western Washington! LOL

A

Let's see some holiday pix!

Well crap! The curse of Mr Tiki continues; now we've lost Greg :(

TikiG got Mr Tiki, posted pictures (which were lost in the Great Server Crash of '11), and TikiG has not been heard from since! Are you OK Greg?

W

Oh no! That's sad to hear! I'll miss Mr. Tiki II!

Chris

I think the next Mr. Tiki III needs to have a tracking device installed in him...

W

I hate it when this happens !

B

Makes me wonder if there aren't some mean-spirited postal workers out there destroying our beloveds? You know how supersticious some folks are.

he will resurface dont worry. Gregs not one to take Mr Tiki and run.

If Mr. Tiki II shows up, he should come get "Lost" with me.....

On 2011-01-27 13:29, Sophista-tiki wrote:
he will resurface dont worry. Gregs not one to take Mr Tiki and run.

Yes, I'm not concerned - I know Greg will show up again

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Jan 29, 2011 1:42 AM

I'm BACK!!

Don't worry everybody as I had a major computer issue but I'm back online now...

And the good news is that Mr. Tiki II was sent to his next destination a couple weeks ago. We should be hearing from the little fellow soon.

Will post remaining pics from his visit to So. Cal as soon as I can get the pics downloaded.

Aloha! G

WhoooHooo! Good to hear from you Greg - glad you're back :D Sorry to hear about your computer woes, hope you have several paintings to post for us.

Mr. Tiki II showed up at my door last weekend, but I was out camping and didn't get a chance to take him with me. Probably a good thing, since he might have tried to jump into our campfire. That would have been horrible! So Aloha from Florida!

Mr. Tiki II spent a few days chillin' out with some other tikis as the weather hasn't been that great.

Man, you turn your back for a second! My tiki tried to eat Mr. Tiki II, but luckily I was able to rescue him in the nick of time.

Mr. Tiki II enjoyed himself, but now departed for parts unknown...

T

Yay!

I see Mr.Tiki is in good company (again.)

Have another safe trip to the next stop you well-traveled wooden icon...

(PS- I just downloaded the rest of my pics in my post on Pg.10)

[ Edited by: TikiG 2011-01-29 14:11 ]

TikiMango, thanks for hosting Mr Tiki and for the great pictures.

TikiG, thanks for the new pics - a "who's who" of SoCal TC!

I've updated the first page map, I count 3 visits to CA, 3 to FL, and one each to NV, HI, MA, IN, OR, TN, NC, WA, and NE. 15 stops in all - I wonder where he'll go next?

T

Has anybody heard of or seen Mr. Tiki II lately?

P
phinz posted on Sun, Feb 20, 2011 8:17 AM

He's undergoing a few adventures. He has a date soon with a bunch of beautiful ladies and will update his travels after this last adventure.

BIG PANIC!!!!!1! BUY BATTERIES!!!

[ Edited by: phinz 2011-02-20 08:24 ]

By looking at the map, Mr Tiki 1 or 2 was in Massachusetts and I didn't know about it?!.....darn. He seemed like such a party-animal.

phinz! You and Mr Tiki party on!!!

PT - oh yeah, he's a party animal!!!

Tomorrow is Mr Tiki's first Anniversary!!!!

In only a year Mr Tiki has traveled about 28,000 miles, an average of about 76 miles per day.

He has stopped in 11 states - HI, CA (twice), OR, WA, NV, NE, IN, TN (twice), FL (3 times), SC and MA. His longest trip was 4,300 miles from Maui HI to Grafton MA - try doing that after a hard night of boozin', talk about jetlag!

Thanks to all who have hosted Mr Tiki and all those hosts to come. Here's to many more miles, many more adventures, and many more friends for Mr Tiki!
:drink:

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-02-21 19:14 ]

Can someone help Mike with his math? It only seems like last year I welcomed Mr. Tiki #1 to Ft. Lauderdale? Many miles have come and gone - along with several incarnations of the weary traveler. I hope that everyone continues to show Mr. Tiki their own brand of a good time. Here's to another year - cheers!!

:lol: Thank you Tom :lol:

Yes, it has only been 1 year and not 2 - seems so long ago and so much has happened since then. I am going to edit my errors :D 28,000 mile in ONE YEAR is pretty good, too bad I can't accumlate his frequent flyer miles :lol:

I must say, it was a pleasure to host the little imp. I often wonder what happened to him. I imagine him on a tropical beach with D.B. Cooper & Whitey Bulger!

any word from Mr Tiki?

I have it on good authority that there are new pictures coming soon and a new travel destination for Mr Tiki too! :D

I heard a rumor he's chillin' in a mountain state?

Seem's Mr. Tiki got a little side tracked....

He stopped by for a party got all Crunked up and missed his ride home!!!

So I've been babysittin till his ride comes back for him.

He got to hang with some relative's

and like the Big Tiki Dude, Mr. Tiki don't fear the REVERB!!!!

The Cocktail- Mr Tiki's Escape

.50 oz Coco Lopez
1 tsp Falernum
.75 oz Lime juice
.75 oz Pineapple juice
1.50 oz Passion fruit juice
8 drops Cruzan Blackstrap
1.50 oz Appleton Estate
.25 oz brown sugar packed in a measure/shot glass

Stir so the pineapple juice doesn't foam.

The Moai are marching westward... FOM FOM FOM FOM

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-04-21 21:24 ]

Soooooooo, why'd it take him 81 days to get from Florida to Colorado? Was he hitch-hiking? Were there women involved? Was he in the clink? Someone please fill in the gaps!

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-04-21 12:22 ]

When he's ready to make the trip back to Northern California, give me a holler!

Glad to see he's resurfaced! and been having some fun times! The offer still stand to show him around the rust belt, or at least this corner of it!

H
Helz posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2011 9:01 PM

Little bugger escaped on me...but I think he might be making another stop here in Colorado before heading out...

?????? Where did he go? What has happened to him?
This was such a great idea, but the enthusiasm seems to have waned terribly. Let's recover him & get him into the hands of some folks who'll show him a good time at the local tourist traps & hotspots & post some pics. Please don't let him fade away. He's still got his whole life ahead of him!
Rick

Thanks Big Kahuna, I'll check with Helz to see where Mr Tiki has wandered off to.

I happily submit that I just happened to run into Mr Tiki a couple weeks ago...Our path's crossed briefly at recent tiki gathering.

He's still active and in circulation.
Buzzy Out!

Thanks Buzz, hope we get some pics soon

ATP said last Monday at Don's,That he saw Mr Tiki a few weeks ago at.........
So where are the photos?

Mr Tiki took a little trip!

Meeting People and making friends...

Making more friends at Tiki Caliente

Now he is on his way to I don't know where.....

The Moai are marching westward... FOM FOM FOM FOM

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-06-22 19:04 ]

What a great journey! Thanks for the memories Beach Bum Scott :D

Now that's what I am talking about! nice shots and I have meet a few of those TCers now.

B

Where were those pics taken? Hukilau?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies