Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

"I was trying to make it to Oasis but I must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque"

"Excuse me shorty, but where the hell am I? Calgary, Alberta you say? Isn't this still early September? What's with all the crushed ice? Get me indoors, Pronto!"

"Aah...that's better! It's a bit crowded here though. I wonder why they left me in this section of the bar? Does anyone know where I can find a waiter? I wanna get me another one of those Havana Club rums! May as well take advantage of it while I'm still in Canada!"

"Ooh perfect! Yes, just leave the whole bottle. It's a bit less crowded over here too. And a nice view of the lagoon."

60 minutes later:

"Wooo Hooo! I luffs yous guys! OK! put me down! Nest round iz on me!"

Awesome post, great pics! Nice to see you and Mr. Tiki III apparently having more fun than the rest of us. And the Havana Club 7 - wow - makes me wanna take a road trip into Canada!

:lol: Thanks SF! :D

What is all that white stuff on the ground?

OGR

1980's reunion! :) Great pic BTW!

H

Thank you Mr. ferret, what a fun trip.

Stuck another Canada pin in the front page map and updated the "Alumni List" :)

I have news! Good news!
Mr Tiki II was long thought lost, but he's been discovered.
I hear that he took a wrong turn and ended up as part of Ripley's Believe It or Not!
(add sideshow attraction to his resume)

Here he is being unearthered...

What! Pittsburgh pauly, did you leave him in your trunk all this time?
Just where in Hell is Mr Tiki III, now?

WHOOOHOOO!!!!! :drink:
Let's get him back into circulation

WC

Is there a Tiki god of responsibility?

I think not.

Just for the record, Pauly rescued Mr Tiki II and Mr Tiki III was lost by the Canadian Postal Service :lol:

I think Mr Tiki the third, may be stuck on the dashboard
of a Canadian mail truck....

I don't think this is a crowd known for responsibility...
I handed him off and he went on some travels, there were grand plans, but he got sidetracked and locked away (at least that's what I'm told).
Glad that II is back in circulation, or would he be IV now?

Mr Tiki is on the move!!! Off to a state where he has never traveled before :D

T

Let see he’s been to the State of denial.
And also the State of Confusion.

Where could it be?

How about the State of Grace?

State of Catatonia?

State of Perplexion
State of Unreality
State of Consciousness

The first two states are drinking states, the third is not.

A New York State of Mind?

Glad he's back out traveling!
Just noticed that there's no pin on the map for Pittsburgh.
Just the long dark shadow cast from Columbus.
There should be like 12 pins for how long he lingered! :wink:

LOL, I will fix that :D

Yesterday afternoon Mr. TIki II arrived in Colorado. To help him relax from his long trip, I took him into the Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar.

I made him a Mai Tai with two of my favorite rums: Lemon Hart 151 and Blackwell - Black Gold - Special Reserve.

Today I had to go into Denver so I took him along to show him a few of the sights. The first stop was the Adrift Tiki Bar.

Carlos, the bartender is showing Mr. Tiki the backside of the bar.

I then took Mr. Tiki II down the street to one of Colorado's newest Tourist Attractions, "The Recreational Pot Shop."

There is a bar in Denver that sells tiki drinks. I've seen it on the Internet and they advertised in the last issue of "Tiki Magaize & More."

I have not been to it previously so I thought I would take Mr. Tiki II and check it out. The bar is actually called "The Hangar Bar." It was built in the 1950s and is your typical corner bar. It used to be a place service men would hang out at when there was an air force base near by. Hanging from the ceiling is an airplane made out of beer cans.

One corner of the bar has tiki decorations so that must be Lulu's Tiki Lounge.

We both ordered a Mai Tai and it wasn't bad. They used Crème de Almond, which I had never tried before. I usually use Trader Vic's Orgeat Syrup. I also like the special tiki glass they used - "Go Broncos."

This weekend I'm working on the home tiki bar hanging bamboo board. Here is Mr. Tiki II helping out.

I also use him to hold the bamboo while I cut the bamboo trim.

If you would like to see more of the "Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar" it is the home tiki bar section.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42941&forum=20&126

On Wednesday I'm going skiing so I'll show Mr. Tiki II some or the sights in the mountains. I think the Wailua King is also going with us. On Thursday I'll send Mr. Tiki II on to his next destination.

MaukaHale, thank you for hosting Mr Tiki and for showing him a good time. It's good to see him enjoying the road Tiki lifestyle again. Can't wait to see how he skis and to see where he goes next.
Pauly, I put Pittsburgh on the Tiki map :wink:

On Mr Tiki's last day in Colorado I took him skiing at Copper Mountain. On the way up we made a quick stop in Idaho Springs to visit Steve Canyon.

In 1947 Idaho Springs was awash in post-WWII patriotism and convinced the Federal Government to erect this $12,000 statue. In case you don't know who Steve Canyon is; he's a cartoon character.

Mr Tiki skiing at 12,000 ft.

He did pretty good. He only did a face plant once.

I was able to get him to the post office by 4:30 so he's on his way to his next destination. Word has it that he may be on his way to a South Sea Island!

Thanks!

VERY COOL!!! I don't think he'd been skiing before.
South Sea Island? Sounds mysterious!

On 2015-01-19 18:03, MadDogMike wrote:

Pauly, I put Pittsburgh on the Tiki map :wink:

Man, you lied.... or you seriously don't know where Pittsburgh is :wink:

LOL I have no idea where Pittsburgh is except it's somewhere northeast of me. This is the map I used

You gotta give me a quarter inch leeway, did I at least get the right state? :lol:

J

I can't believe this is the first time I've looked at this thread! I would love to give you cause to stick a pin in North Carolina! I promise to show Mr. Tiki a good time! :wink:

JenTiki, glad you found us :wink:
Each recipient picks where Mr Tiki will go next but posting a comment here is a great way to lobby for a visit from him.

Nice to see Mr. Tiki II back in circulation.

On 2015-01-22 11:14, MadDogMike wrote:
LOL I have no idea where Pittsburgh is except it's somewhere northeast of me. This is the map I used

You gotta give me a quarter inch leeway, did I at least get the right state? :lol:

That map looks great MadDog!
But this is the one on the first page:

:)

Pauly you have an old cached image, maybe try to refresh?

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jan 26, 2015 2:35 PM

Great to see my old friend Mr.Tiki II back in circulation again. Hopefully he finds his way to everyone who loves this thread!

On 2015-01-26 10:32, MadDogMike wrote:
Pauly you have an old cached image, maybe try to refresh?

STOOPID damn technology, razzle frazzle.
Thanks!!

LOL Pauly

Rumor has it that Mr Tiki missed his boat to the South Pacific and will instead visit one of the most Tiki'd places in the world!

Mr. Tiki II has had a rough journey. He checked into our field hospital for treatment of his injured feet.

After some careful debridement I applied

tiki pigment and let him rest.

The next day he visited the danlovestikis tiki jungle room.

Now that he has recuperated he is ready to travel again.

We bid him ado and off he's gone.

Bye Mr. Tiki II we'll miss you. Wendy and Dan

He got to hang with Wendy & Dan!

I think this has been the highlight of his trip. Thanks for hosting Mr Tiki Wendy and Dan (looking sexy with that beard Dan :wink: )

I can neither confirm nor deny that Mr Tiki II was injured cliffdiving off a certain rustbelt tiki bar's waterfall.

(Glad to see he got a much better fix up than my marker though!)

Mr. Tiki will be leaving on his journey to North Carolina today. JenTiki is awaiting his arrival and will host his time there. He is one lucky dude.

MDM we enjoyed the time spent with him. Hopefully he'll be more careful in the future. He's a sturdy little guy so he may be fine traveling from now on.

Cheers, Wendy

Wendy, I forgot to thank you for your first aid rendered to Mr Tiki :wink:
North Carolina? Cool, he's never been there before!

Pittsburgh pauly he swears he was pushed!

MDM you are welcome, it was an honor to attend to his feet. Someone has his toes!

Wendy

J

Mr. Tiki II has arrived in chilly Charlotte, NC! He missed the snow, but arrived just in time for some slightly warmer (40°F) temps. Here he is saying hi to his temporary cubemates:

I think he'll be visiting the local tropical watering hole within the next 48 hours. And perhaps he'll take a brief road trip to South Carolina for a rum run while he's visiting.

Wow Jen, he gets painful treatment with me and medicated with you. He's going to love being with you best. Fun photo I'm really looking forward to this part of his trip. Wendy

JenTiki thanks for hosting Mr Tiki, looking forward to more pics :)

Wendy and JenTiki, I added your names to the Mr Tiki Alumni list on page one and will add a NC pin to the map

J

Mr. Tiki tried to talk me into letting him wear my new Smuggler's Cove Sophista-tiki shirt for our rum run across the border

But due to unexpected issues with my vehicle we ended up staying in this weekend instead. Mr. Tiki didn't seem to mind the provisions I had in stock.

Hopefully we'll get out for a night on the town in the next few days.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies