Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

I'll pay his Frankie's tab when I get there, in November.
I gotta tell ya, this guy is a piece of work! I leave him in the lounge while I go upstairs to get my car keys & when I come back, I can't find him. Then I notice the fountain sounds different. Seems our little friend decided to take a shower!

So, we decide to cruise the neighborhood, a little bit. Here's the little guy riding shotgun, in the '59.

I run back in the house to grab my shades & when I return, my man's up on the dash puttin' the moves on my Wahine!

We finally got rollin' & took a few shots in front of this poor, forgotten Moai, down the road from my house.

More adventures to follow, shortly.

Great shots Kahuna :lol: Nice ride!

ooh... I see why he took off in such a hurry now... He had a friend with a killer 59 Chevy and a hot little hula babe out in MA... Damm I wish he would have taken me along for the "Ride".. :wink:
Great shots Big Kahuna!!

Aloha!

Mr. Tiki always welcome here in Cucamonga, Ca! Send him on over for some silly adventures! I'll even shoot some video of the capers Mr. Tiki encounters.

PM me for address

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2010-04-18 22:27 ]

OK, so Thursday I grab my genius son & his camera & take Mr. Tiki on a little sightseeing trip. Screw all that Revolutionary War history crap, I took him to the most important Boston landmark!

The little guy must have brought some good juju with him from Maui. I found a parking space a stone's throw from Fenway. It was too early for the tour, so we had to settle with a walk around the ballpark. Next stop, lunch.
Here he is outside The Kowloon & lounging in his custom lazy-Boy at the feet of one of the Fu Dogs, (OK so it's a plate holder, not a Lazy-Boy!).

At the table.

The poor hostess was not too happy with my request for a pic, but she reluctantly obliged!

While we were on Route 1, I had to show him the rest of the Roadside Americana we have. First, Prince's Pizza:

Next, the famous Hilltop Steakhouse & it's herd of fiberglass cows:

Finally, a little Mini-Golf with the Giant Orange Dinosaur:

Next stop; the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. I figured he frolicked in the Pacific, he might as well frolic in the Atlantic, too! Ahhhh, "beautiful" Revere Beach!

As you can see, the president of the Massachusetts Chapter of The Mr. Tiki Fan Club came out to greet us!

I must say, it's been a pleasure hosting our little friend. As soon as I confirm his next destination, I'll give him a proper send-off.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2013-02-24 11:33 ]

Great shot's Big Kahuna! Fenway Park and The Red Sox, Kowloon, Pizza & steaks.... DAM! this little guy is being treated like a king... Nice to see him back in the ocean and getting sandy.. :wink:
Where are you now Mr.King Tiki????

This is great, count me in.

What happened?

Was his plane hijacked?

Was put on the "no-Fly" list?

Did he get busted for raising hell on his flight from being too drunk?

Did his GPS give him the wrong directions?

Where the Hell is He!!!! oh my God! MR TIKI! come back!

I know where he was headed

He's on his way. He should be there very soon!

I'm pretty sure I saw him the other day on the news hang'in out with some of dem RocK AnD RoLlErS...

I've been crazy busy & unable to post these pics for a coupla weeks, but here thay are. As soon as I knew where our little friend was headed, I knew he needed a proper send-off, so we took him to the latest meeting of the Idol Mixtures Kustom Car Club at the Kahula in Sturbridge, MA.

Hanging out with Bob, our favorite bartender.

Bob's killer Mai Tais.

Chowin' & drinkin'!

I think Mr. Tiki enjoyed his time here in Massachusetts & we sure enjoyed having him, but he had definitely worn out his welcome! To his next host; "Be careful, don't take your eyes off him & keep your wives & daughters locked up!"
Aloha, Mr. Tiki!
Rick

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-05-14 17:08 ]

Man, if I had known Mr Tiki was going to have such a great time I would have mailed MYSELF instead!!! :D

Look what turned up in my mail today! Could it be Mr. Tiki?

It is Mr. Tiki! Poor Mr. Tiki, he's all blue! I guess he couldn't get enough air in that box. Take some deep breaths Mr. Tiki, we've got lots to do!

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, May 17, 2010 3:10 PM

Cool! I want Mr. Tiki to visit me in the great Tenochtitlan. So put me on the list!

Oh my! I know a Respiratory Therapist, should I send some O2? :lol: Mr Tiki has traveled almost 14,000 miles - map on the 1st page has been updated.

Well, Mr. Tiki... let's have a look around the old office... so much to see...

Poor Mr. Tiki! It looks like the wahinis have gotten a hold of you! I'm gonna have to watch you closely, Mr. Tiki!

Well, Mr. Tiki, how about we go see the sights? Here's the Golden Dome of Notre Dame...

The campus is quite pretty... Well, yes... it's not your religion. I certainly get that your religion is quite different and all that... Well, let's hit the road!

Mr. Tiki, i really don't think it's a good idea to ride on the widshield!

Poor Mr. Tiki! It's a good reminder to everyone to ride inside the car and use your seat belt.

Mr. Tiki me! It is time for that little diety to enjoy some Southern hospitality!!!

By the way, does Mr. Tiki ever suffer from plaque build up?

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-19 16:36 ]

Mr. Tiki, what shall we do today? Do you play the guitar or drums or anything? Let's go down to our basement music room and see if there's something for you. Remember Mr. Tiki, you don't choose the instument, the instument chooses you!

Those might not be right... How about the ukulele? I'll bring some up and we can play them outside. Poor Mr. Tiki, he can strum, but he can't fret.

Mr. Tiki... how about a Mai Tai? We'll stop into one of my restaurants... these are a bit strong, and that's the way we do it here in the Midwest... could use a little more ice... hey bartender!

Well Mr. Tiki, I've enjoyed hosting you here in South Bend, Indiana... but you've got other places to visit. A toast: To the wind that blows, the ship that goes, and the lass the loves a sailor! Fare thee well Mr. Tiki!

Well, I slapped a label on Mr. Tiki's back, no box this time, and handed him to the postmaster a few days ago... hope he gets where he's goin' all right. Stay tuned...

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2010-05-28 19:56 ]

How fun!! What a great Idea....
Mr. Tiki can visit here anytime....Let me know!!

Great stuff, Bongo Bungalow!!! :)

Actually, it might be his religion -- he just didn't want you to have to wait six hours for him while he was in the confession box?! :D

(...and I would never have trusted that little imp to get that close to a Kamaka Pineapple?!) :D

Poor Mr. Tiki, we haven't heard from him in quite a while. I'm gettin' a little worried.

Mr Tiki?...... Where are you?

I propose sending Mr Tiki's brother, Sam Tiki P.I. to find out what happened to Mr Tiki?
He never came to see me yet & I have not lived a truly full life, until I have played host to Mr Tiki.
Besides he owes me money!

He owes me money too! He ran out on the bill for the Mai Tai's!

Hope someone didn't go postal on him... He was naked this time.... poor mr. tiki...

i know everyone is wondering where mr tiki was hiding. he showed up on my door step a few weeks ago and said he wanted to lay low because all of the traveling and boozing had him worn out. i then asked if he wanted to come to my wedding, to which he replied, "HELL YEAH! I've never been to a wedding!"

needless to say his rest has been well needed because the party tonight is going to be wild! what, with all of the dancing and such.

pictures to follow.

Noland

On 2010-06-12 09:40, crushenstein wrote:
i know everyone is wondering where mr tiki was hiding. he showed up on my door step a few weeks ago and said he wanted to lay low because all of the traveling and boozing had him worn out. i then asked if he wanted to come to my wedding, to which he replied, "HELL YEAH! I've never been to a wedding!"

needless to say his rest has been well needed because the party tonight is going to be wild! what, with all of the dancing and such.

pictures to follow.

Noland

Gosh - I hope Mr. Tiki brought formal wear! Congrats on the wedding and looking forward to pics!

:roll: crushenstein you bastard! do you know how worried we have been! :roll:

FRONT PAGE MAP UPDATED!

Crushenstein thank you for your hospitality in offering Mr Tiki some much needed rest, he has traveled 16,000 miles since February and most of those miles were fueled by RUM!

Congrats on the wedding, I heard a rumor that Mr tiki was being considered as the Best Man? Do keep an eye on him around the Maid of Honor - the last thing anyone wants at a wedding is a dishonored Maid of Honor!

Crap! I hope I can get his picture off all those milk cartons!
Glad to know he's safe & sound, but I wouldn't invite him to the bachelor party, if I was you.

ok,

so i know i was warned about mr tiki and his wild ways, but i did not listen. he came to the wedding, disappeared with the brides maids and this was the only picture i could find of him. my mom made a tiki, fruit waterfall and he got a photo op. while we were setting up.

the next night we went to thatch and started the night with a mai tai, a chi chi...

and a pu pu platter.

he wandered around for a little while.

he had a few too many famous baby eaters...

and we found him in the tiki drunk tank

tonight he's coming to see the primitive idols, hairspray blues and junior's gang. let's hope he behaves himself!

Noland

:lol: Tiki Drunk Tank! :lol:

Great pics Crush! Can't wait to see more (Congrats on the marriage :) )

A

When is Mr Tiki coming to the Bay Area? Smuggler's Cove and Forbidden Island have both called- they want a photo op!

Look at all those fly-over states that are skipped!
We need to start a "Send Mr Tiki to the Middle of the Country" petition!
The rust belt, corn belt, bible belt...(didn't realize America needed so many belts).
Send him here and I'll gladly start it! :)

B

Where are the "suspenders" of America?! Enough with the belts!

How about a trip to Seattle - we finally got our summer (at least for the next 5 days) so Mr. T would feel right at home!

So when is Mr Tiki going to come and visit the Don's crowd!

Crushenstein, looks like you've got questions to answer! :)

J

On 2010-07-06 14:04, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So when is Mr Tiki going to come and visit the Don's crowd!

Actually I think we already get enough attention here on TC for California. Also the Don's crowd is infamous for forgetting to take pictures. They're always too drunk, um I mean too focused on other things.

Mr. Tiki is probably best leveraged to visit places that don't get the exposure. It's cool to see Mr. Tiki photographed not only in famous landmarks unique to a city but also the "off the radar" Poly-Pop spots. Please refer to Big Kahuna's posts, he nailed the concept perfectly.

Perry's Las Vegas posts were cool, but I think I would have taken Mr. Tiki to the craps tables and to a Gentleman's Club as well. :)

Is Mr. Tiki's passport in order? If so we need to get him into Zeta's hands.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-07-07 10:24 ]

Almost a month since his last location. Is he walking to the next destination?

I sent of a PM to Crushenstein, we'll get to the bottom of this! He's married now
:music: "Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys" :lol: :D :lol:

I saw this hanging in the post office window just the other day.........

Poor, Poor Mr. Tiki...... Someone find him and help the little guy out!

B

Oh No! Mr. Tiki in the hooskow?! Is he the REAL Barefoot Bandit?!

I just heard from Crushenstein - Mr Tiki is on the move!!! His next visit should be quite exciting :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies