Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies

by all means

Let me see if I can find Mr Tiki again :lol:

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 29, 2020 4:20 PM

Uh oh--I hope he's not gotten lost again.... :)

Revive Mr. Tiki's Wild Ride!

I have to see if I can find him LOL He has a history of getting lost, now he's lost in my garage ;)

This is the type of thread I missed when TC went to sleep. So much aloha associated with this forum. I hope it comes back along with some more wild rides.

Telescopes, I can't seem to find Mr Tiki. I know I put him away safely in a box somewhere but I don't know where? :(

How about it folks, is there enough interest to start up a new Mr Tiki?

What TC needs is enough people to haunt this place again so that Mr. Tiki can indeed take a Wild Ride.

I have faith that will happen telescopes!

How about treating Mr Tiki to some international travel? Is his passport up to date? Australia has almost 12,000 beaches along its 60,000km (37,282mi) coastline. If he visits one per day, it will take more than 32 years to see them all, but I promise I won't keep him anywhere near that long!

TIKIGIKI! Mr Tiki has been to England, Germany, and Cuba but he would love to see Australia. There are a few Aussie TC family members, maybe he can visit a few people there?

T

I think a problem may be the exorbitant postal charges when sending anything internationally from the USA now. I used to buy quite a lot from USA sellers back when shipping was good, but now? You need to take out a second mortgage or sell a kidney to even cover just the shipping. I'd really love to host Mr Tiki and I'm sure he'd love it here but unfortunately his airfare cross the Pacific may be a huge cost for the sender?

[ Edited by TIKIGIKI on 2022-10-15 14:45:58 ]

T

I would say if you had a Mr. tiki that was the first Mr. tiki and had been a tradition and had some history behind it you might have a bit more interest in this.

But to lose Mr. tiki after Mr. tiki and say hay the original is gone but we got this new guy how bout it.

That is weak, people that did this thing can't put the kind of time and effort into a thing like this then it won't take off and be something that people want to take part in, it won't have a history.

It will just be that thing that they did on TC that every year fell flat because they lost the first three.

Too bad it was a cool idea Mike.

T

I do need to clarify that I was not digging on Mike he has done a great job with this and the tiki art swaps he does, what I was talking about is the people that receive Mr. tiki and can't just take a few pics keep it for a month and send it on it's way should not be that hard.

More and more it seems people are having trouble just doing what they should do in a timely manner and following guidelines.

TIKIGIKI, yes international postage is a bitch! Skip, I get it. Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. Maybe I should have put a $50 deposit on Mr Tiki and they would have gotten their money back after they shipped it to the next person LOL

T

I think I just might be able to solve the mystery of Mr. Tiki's whereabouts! Seems he did make it to Australia after all, and has been hanging out at my 1/6 scale Tiki Bar! (More of which later.) I'm sure this is him, ...no?

TIKITRIAL1

LOL, might be TikiGiki. Love the mini bar though, he seems happy there

T

That was a very quick test photo from quite a while back. The little bar has undergone some changes now and there's a whole associated group of related figures. It's something I've set up to amuse the denizens and habitués of my own bar. The figure on the right was meant to undergo further modifications (i.e. a moustache) and become Magnum P.I., in his signature Hawaiian shirt and those UDT shorts he wore. Was reading this thread about a figure going missing and suddenly realised that I might know where it was!

[ Edited by TIKIGIKI on 2022-10-18 19:55:47 ]

LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 834 replies