Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Inky and Smiley's Vegas home bar Hubert's Huli Huli Haus!

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

The plans are at the Planning Department. Wish us approval!

NOTE-New pictures on page 6 !

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-10-01 09:25 ]

I pray the tiki gods smile dwn upon you for building them a great temple!!! And w there pwr not only shall you be granted approoval but a swift and enjoyable build and many years of enjoyment from said temple!!!!!!!!

LUCK!!

M

oof- DENIED!
The building department wants Architectural and Engineer stamped plans for the size we want to build ( 12x20 ) or we have to cut it by 40 sq feet.
RAZZ!

MT

What about if you cut the size down to 11 x 18, or 10 x 20? That would cut the size down to or right under 200 sq ft.

Good Luck, Bruce!

Some times it's EZer to beg forgiveness
than seek aprovel

On 2010-02-28 12:10, wplugger wrote:
Some times it's EZer to beg forgiveness
than seek aprovel

heer heer.

MT

EdZachary.

S

Well..If the donut sign gets in the way I know a place in Long Beach that will store it for you!!!..
Hope all is well..

M

Not much to report. Still attemping to jump through the hoops! Did some prep work for where the bar is going to be built. My big cock was in the way, and I hurt my back pulling it, but I got it moved!

UB

On 2010-03-05 01:20, mrsmiley wrote:
My big cock was in the way, and I hurt my back pulling it, but I got it moved!

The things we do for Tiki....

On 2010-03-05 01:36, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2010-03-05 01:20, mrsmiley wrote:
My big cock was in the way, and I hurt my back pulling it, but I got it moved!

The things we do for Tiki....

I seriously have to stop reading these threads from the bottom up....

M

Still working on the Permit....OOF!

M

PERMIT has been APPROVED !!!!
Construction starts on Monday. ZAZZ !

J

Can't we just get a "like" button here, like on Facebook, so we don't actually have to come up with a comment just to say that this makes us happy?

Hmmm, guess not.

Okay, so ... awesome news!!! Happy building!

Congratulations on the Vegas permits! Take lots of photos, do you have plans of your bar? I can't wait to see the photos. P.S. this is Brendan.

M

I have some basic plans. Where a couple built in items will go. An general concept of what the wall covering will look like. The rest will be by mood as I unpack my treasures! zazz!

M

Off site construction finished. On site erection scheduled for tommorrow! :)

On 2010-04-01 15:54, mrsmiley wrote:
On site erection scheduled for tommorrow! :)

Oh.., so you're taking the day off from construction. Now we know why they call you Mr. Smiley.

M

Here are some images of the building.

THe view of the Pool from the tiki bar doorway!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-05-05 00:47 ]

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-05-05 00:48 ]

Looks awesome. I can see a lot of potential there. May the tiki gods smile upon your creation!

M

The inspector just signed off on the final Permit. ZAZZ!

On 2010-04-03 11:49, mrsmiley wrote:
Here are some images of the building.

Does your Big Cock have to be in every set of photos you post? :lol:

If I had a Big Cock it would be in every pic & post!

I think I have some Cock envy now :(

M

Im envious at the speed your structure was built.

Ive got a new stop in Vegas now...

Will it be air conditioned?

M

On 2010-04-08 13:23, Monkeyman wrote:
Im envious at the speed your structure was built.

Ive got a new stop in Vegas now...

Will it be air conditioned?

AC Yes!
I was working on the bar framing today.
ZAZZ!

Are you gonna be done this summer? Its almost time to have some tiki parties. I think your tiki bar will be better than mine but thats ok. I'm working on my backyard tiki lounge, but its going slow. At least my big cock doesn't get in the way.

M

On 2010-04-09 00:21, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Are you gonna be done this summer? Its almost time to have some tiki parties.

I hope to have it (mostly) done in a month. OOF!

I've been busy early last week doing insulation. And then Mashuka and I installed the sheetrock. I find it ironic that I am making the "base" so nice before I turn it into a "hut"!!
Mashuka called me the civilized savage!!

I am SO VERY tired of fiberglass insulation and sheetrock!!!!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-04-20 22:45 ]

couldn't you prop up the drooping insulation with your Big Cock?
or would it be to hard to get your Big Cock in and out thru the door?

just trying to help.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-04-20 23:36, bigtikidude wrote:
couldn't you prop up the drooping insulation with your Big Cock?

just trying to help.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Flacid Foul Fiberglass insulation is now propped up with sheetcock. Umm, sheetRock!

Put the floor in

The vinyl floor planks came from Lumber Liquidators and the told you to use some glue in addition the the self adhesive on the vinyl. WELL>>>where the sun hits from the sunllight, the flooring peels right up!! I am not very happy about this. The subfloor is OSB. Don;t know if that has anything to do with the adhesive issues.
and installed the lower back bar cabinet!

Lower back bar cabinet is made mostly of 2x3 studs with thick particle board top. I covered the top with dark Bamboo vinyl flooring. The utility shelves are painted OSB with a clear shelf liner on top. I plan to use these shelves for party mug storage.
The fridge doors and the big door to the left came from a famous Tiki bar and restaurant in Marin County. It is the first time they have seen the light of day in about 15 years! To the right you see the black door of a fridge and soon a icemaker will be placed next to it.

oh, And my plan to hide the AC unit is with shelving and black window screening!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-05-05 01:02 ]

Great pics of the build and interior finishing. I'm really liking the dark floor you used. Can't wait to see more pics as you work on it.

R

Beautiful work. Looks like your place is the place to be in Vegas... except maybe Frankie's.

W

I'm looking through your thread to see what your door looks like.I don't see it but when I saw the size of your cock I new you'd need a man size door pull.
It's on the way. I sent it to Frankie's.It should be there in about a week or so.

Will

M

Will, I thought you were joking when you said man sized. It is more like giant sized!!
Inky and I love it-we will post a picture of it in "action" once the inner part oif the door is done. Thanks !! ZAZZ!!
Having an artist created item means alot to us.

On 2010-05-01 12:40, wplugger wrote:
when I saw the size of your cock I new you'd need a man size door pull.
It's on the way. I sent it to Frankie's.It should be there in about a week or so.

Will

where's the Tapa?

On 2010-05-12 19:58, RevBambooBen wrote:
where's the Tapa?

I sold it on ebay. I thought white walls and ceilings are the way to go!

Here is the back bar cabinet (again) with two old fridge doors from a Marin County tiki restaurant. The big door to the left is also from the same place? Any guesses?
I'll buy you a free drink if you come to visit the bar! :)

Vintage front bar with side piece added.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-05-15 00:11 ]

It is time for Inky and I to do some bamboo and thatch shopping at Oceanic Arts--maybe next Saturday!?!

Looking really great!

Looks great, Bruce. I love how you used the vintage bar & were able to extend it while still maintaining the aesthetic. Keep us posted, you're inspiring me to get my butt moving on building my bar.
Mahalo,
Rick

L

yeah great way to work in that vintage bar!

I wish I was that fast with my projects. It is coming together nicely!!!

The project is really coming along great. Love what you've done so far and the tapa on the walls looks amazing. What's your plans for the wall behind the bar? Bottles and mugs or artwork? Inquiring minds want to know :wink:

Thanks for the update on the progress.

M

On 2010-05-16 07:45, littlegiles wrote:
The project is really coming along great. Love what you've done so far and the tapa on the walls looks amazing. What's your plans for the wall behind the bar? Bottles and mugs or artwork? Inquiring minds want to know :wink:

Thanks for all the great comments.
I plan on adding bottle shelves on the wall behing the bar which will also help disguise the AC unit.
Making the curve cutout for the bar extension was a bit of a trick. I ended up using thick foam weatherstrip to fill in the minor gap between the vintage bar side and the new extension bar top.

P

bruce, save a spot for a lamp or two from me. i also have a bundle of 2" bamboo for you. i need to move in the next few weeks so i'm thinning the hoard. i'll call you tomorrow. have a meeting at frankie's at 7pm maybe we should get a drink.

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies