Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

The Grog blog

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 282 replies

such a grumpy caveman...
and overpriced to boot.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2010 12:57 PM

Kiki, you think GROG charge too much for doing portraits; you should see how much GROG charge for STUD services!

Thanks Clarita. Glad you like GROG' crap.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-17 13:42 ]

P

i'll have to post the stuff you did for me. i thought it was great.

This got a few late night laughs out loud and a couple snorts.

Great stuff. Thank you so much for sharing.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 29, 2010 7:52 PM

Thank you. GROG aim to please.

On 2010-03-29 19:52, GROG wrote:
GROG aim to please.

We know...
We know...

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 8:58 PM

that was a reeeeeeal lazy photoshoppe job,y'know....

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 31, 2010 9:03 AM

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Added a few more hand-built mugs, and one hand-textured mug from a Duncan mold. And added a second color limited edition of 10 Java Bob mug. On first page of thread.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-04-07 15:56 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 27, 2010 1:10 PM

Added the latest Bamboo Ben comic to the first page of the thread for those of you who haven't gotten their Tiki Magazine yet.

When you gonna do that Squid mug?
It's always been a favorite ...

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 9:55 AM

A while back, Dave mentioned he might be interested in doing it, so GROG send him a larger version of the drawing. GROG not sure if Dave still interested in doing it or not.

Great mugs and other hilarious stuff Grog!
Yes, the squid mug would be coolio!

and what about the Toliet mug?
That was a good one too!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 10:39 AM

GROG thought about doing it, but then GROG flush the idea.

On 2010-06-28 10:16, little lost tiki wrote:
and what about the Toliet mug?
That was a good one too!

On 2010-06-28 10:39, GROG wrote:
GROG thought about doing it, but then GROG flush the idea.

No don't dump this one. This mug would be the perfect opportunity for a tootsie roll garnish.

W

I should be used to it by now yet I remain amazed as to how quickly a topic can go from really swell art right into the toilet.

A

GROG rulz.

But toilet mugs are sad.

Grog have excellent grasp of potty humor.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 7:46 PM

On 2010-06-28 21:33, woofmutt wrote:
I should be used to it by now yet I remain amazed as to how quickly a topic can go from really swell art right into the toilet.

GROG blame it on Ruzic. Him such a potty-mouth.

GROG "ruiner". (GROG do ceramics)

that's my best souvenir ... :) I love your sens of humor grog :wink:

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 10:19 AM

And GROG love Bai. :blush:

TB

:) see, I love your sens of humor! :D :D

B

Hey Grog, Thanks for the laffs and the Art. We're glad you stepped out of your cave and joined us here on TC, I just can't imaging TC without your Stuff! You give new meaning to Cave man Art!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jul 18, 2010 9:33 AM

Thanks Master Benz, but YOU are the true treasure on TC. Your awesome talent and skill, the great knowledge you freely impart to the artists/carvers, the encouraging words to artists of all calibers whether just starting or seasoned carvers, the kind and welcoming spirit you bring to TC to all artists and non-artists alike, and the warm and kind soul of a great man I'm glad I've had the pleasure of meeting, and I'm proud I can call my friend. You are truly an inspiration.

Cheers.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-07-18 09:40 ]

T

Ernie... This was a TOTAL mystery tour of fun to view your Gallery thread here my friend! You are one swell artist..and a hell of a clown too!!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2010 9:23 AM

Thanks Mr. Thor. You ain't such a bad artist yourself. GROG have some good/fun stuff in the planning stages ceramic-wise, and after centuries of neglect, GROG may even dust off the paints,pastels, colored pencils, etc. and do some 2-d artistical stuff.

T

Yay! You GO GROG!!

T

I want to be in a ceramics gang too! We can be called the the "Blazing Glazers" ..unless we did "Raku" firing...then we could be called the "Pot Smokers" but then..maybe not! lol Seriously I have sooo many ideas in clay and need friends to "slip" me into a group of firing fools.

B

We should gather the boys, and have a 'Blazing Glazers Ball'! :wink:

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 20, 2010 10:08 AM

GROG has had a few people suggest we do a CLAY JAM/CHOP at GROG' cave, so maybe we can get one together after Oasis. Either that, or trek down to Babalu's in San Diego if he's up for doing another.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-07-20 10:09 ]

B

"If you build it, they will come."

[

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-07-20 18:08 ]

T

I noticed Grog specified a CLAY JAM/CHOP -

I'm down for that too post-Oasis(if you guys will allow a low-life painter to attend :))

I've been wanting to clay as well. G

you are one talented troglodyte-a pithy primitive-a gentleman caveman-in my years of lurking i always enjoyed your Paleolithic posts- , as you prove in a few monosyllables, brevity is the soul of wit...thanks for the laughs ...and I'm digging your art stone age daddy o

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 11:11 AM

Thanks, mate.

Your Java Bob and Easter Island Salt and Peppers are terrific, a must have! How close are we to ours being ready? Grog is always on our minds.....Wendy and Dan

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 3:15 PM

Thanks Wendy/Dan,

Bisque fire today (in kiln now). Lot's of glazing tomorrow and next day. Glaze fire this weekend. Should have stuff ready by Monday (if all goes well).

GROG also make a Tiki Bob shot glass mold and GROG start pouring greenware tomorrow. GROG probably turn some into Salt and Pepper Shaker sets. Put photo up when available.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-07-21 15:16 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jul 24, 2010 1:59 AM

Ole! Super fan of your art. I want to see more! Much more!
The detail, the quality of your finished work, the cleanliness of your line... Very tight. Professional as hell. Great control of your skill and style... And funny, and nice and with a purpose. I loved the flier for the Luau at your house, the Bamboo Ben stip, everything...
I would like to see more doodles and sketches too! (maybe in another thread outside the gallery, or in one post on this one, like the outtakes in a a dvd) You just keep producing, ok?
Thanks for sharing!

W

"Professional as hell." is the first line on his résumé.

photos?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 24, 2010 11:11 AM

On 2010-07-24 01:59, Zeta wrote:
I would like to see more doodles and sketches too! (maybe in another thread outside the gallery, or in one post on this one, like the outtakes in a a dvd) You just keep producing, ok?
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your kind words Zeta and Woofy.

Zeta, you may get your wish sometime after Oasis. More and more studios aren't accepting portfolios with artwork. They want to see digital files like a PDF. and/or links to a website with the artist's work. So, GROG may start a REAL on-line blog with GROG' crap and you'll get to see figure drawings, animation/cartoons, and illustrations that aren't Tiki-related. So, here's a preview just for you:

All art copyright Ernest Keen or their respective studios.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-09 00:35 ]

Blern!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Sep 24, 2010 9:54 PM

Added some crap GROG did for Tiki Oasis 10 at the top of the first page, and added a few more non-Tiki pieces on this page above. :up:

T

Super cool illustration. Especially the Easter Island guys - I love them!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Sep 25, 2010 12:15 AM

Domo arigato, Keely san.

H

Awesome work Grog, I liked every page with all the different artwork specially the illustrations. Great job Grog.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 282 replies