Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

I knew you were going to say that

I'm also rather predictable and more or less watermelon oblivious horizon integrated to the serious under bridge hang mirror delight.

(Did yuh know I was gonna say that? If yuh did let's go buy Lotto tickets later. You pick the numbers.)

OMG I cant believe it thats EXACTLY what I thought you would say. I'm on my way to get the tickets now.

Those are some BIG pendants Woof!

Very cool, is it going to be one large "installation"? Looks like it all shares a common base.

W

The common base is love.

W

Some of the new Stuff in the gallery on page one. Names later. Maybe.

How about prices and availability? Not you, the pieces.

Abracadabra!
Great Moais Woofie!
You are on a creative ROOOOOOOOL!

what's so funny bout
Peace,Love,and Progress shots?

1. Thanks for the nice things said. It's like I swallowed sunshine!

2.Things available CHEAP Saturday August 14th in Seattle. All the details and then some are in this here market fresh Marketplace post I just made.

1. Time to hang out my laundry. (That's not a figure of speech, I literally gotta go hang out my laundry.)
B

Hey Mutt, I'm totally Shocked, I never knew you had it in'Ya. Some of your stuff here is Really Cool and shows a Huge amount of personality. A lot of peeps carve the Modern stuff because they are trying to be clever artists and they fail badly, where you are doing some great stuff for what ever reason. I love the Tongue guy and Crag is one of my favorites too.
Funny thing is I Usually Hate this type of modernist art and I gotta say I am Really enjoying yours, thanks for posting and letting the stuff out into the open. Who'da Known?

W

Thanks!

Funny you like Tongue as it got almost zero attention at the two places I sold recently. (It really does look better in person.)

While I hope to make pieces people will like enough to want to own (the nice way of saying "buy") I generally don't approach the Stuff with a "This will be popular!" mindset. But certain pieces which I think will be most popular I'm pert near always dead wrong about. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised as there are several artist's whose work I really admire and which get very little attention from anyone else.)

W

A Moai In Winter

A Christmas present for Dogbytes.

Also, just in case you missed it...

Beachcomber Birdhouse

The why and what and a couple more pics of the Beachcomber Birdhouse can be found here

oOOoo ssasonal stuff and junk, how chic

H

Woof, I really like your Moai in Winter. I wish I had one. I like the design and I like the colors that you incorporated in this piece. In fact I like everything about it.

TK

On 2010-08-13 11:51, woofmutt wrote:

1. Thanks for the nice things said. It's like I swallowed sunshine!

HS... thats where it all went.

A MOAI IN WINTER
clever title-clever piece
i think you done gone created an Icon of an Icon!
your wit and creativity abound!
it's like you swallered a Muse!

B

dang mr mutt, i loooooove ur art!!!

alohas, mr toe

I Looove that one! really cool! :)

W

Thanks again folks. Hearing that people like my work always makes me happy mainly cuz I just want the Stuff to make people happy. Hearing nice things from other artists whose work I admire makes me feel happy, too. But more so it makes me feel weird, awkward, and kind of embarrassed. Which is why I'm going to go have a glass of water and lay down for a bit.

M
mp posted on Wed, Jan 26, 2011 9:57 PM

love the frozen Moai! Great art!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 26, 2011 10:11 PM

A+

Your foam carvings are absolutely fantastic, and you apparently have a great sense of humor. A++

W

Monkeyskull throws a big, wild, Tiki party here in Seattleville every August at his big, wild, Tiki bar. For some reason I decided I'd wear a plain shirt and Tiki pants this year. Can't recall why it seemed like a good idea, but it came to me while completely sober. I hand bleached some thrift shop khaki jeans (fashion tip: bleach makes them orange) then used Sharpies and drawed em all up real nice and Tiki like. It's a great lesson in what to not bother doing when you'll be hanging around a dim space with a lot of heavy drinkers all night. But at least I now know what I'll be wearing for Thanksgiving.

We should all be so lucky this Thanksgiving.

Vodka Mai Tai 79

That Old Devil Muse

The Blue Moon Lover

The Age of Aquarium

KREEPY KREATURES COLLECT ALL FOUR! No 3 Angry Island Idol

Primitive 79

The Old Guard

C
cy posted on Wed, Oct 28, 2015 3:13 PM

Cool work woof mutt!

i luv you, woofmutt.

WOOF! WOOF!!

W

Woofmutt's Scrap Pile!!!
New flat stuff based on sketch ideas that
I had kickin around for years and years
and finally made real on some scrap wood
I also had kickin around.
Offered to you at yard sale low prices!

All are original, hand made pieces.
No piece will be recreated except those designated #1

Every piece is $20 + shipping.

Anything not marked SOLD is available.
(Pieces were first offered for sale to my FaBoo friends.)

If you want a piece PM me with the name of the piece.
First one in gets it. I'll be offering these to the Facebook Tiki group in a couple days.

Shipping will happen sometime next week or the week after.
I'll send you Paypal payment info, you pay, I ship it right away after that.
It's that easy!

Merry Moai #1
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"

Sleepeye
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"
SOLD

Worlidol
ink + paint on plywood
10" X 11.5"

Not A Devil
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"
SOLD

Slackjaw
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"
SOLD

Domoidol
ink + paint on plywood
10" X 11.5"
SOLD

A.S.I. #1
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"

Pounderidol
ink + paint on plywood
11.5" X 10"
SOLD

Modified Moai ROYGBV
paint on scrap wood

Modified Moai ROYGBV: R
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"

Modified Moai ROYGBV: O
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"
SOLD

Modified Moai ROYGBV: Y
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"

Modified Moai ROYGBV: G
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"

Modified Moai ROYGBV: B
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"

Modified Moai ROYGBV: V
paint on scrap wood
16" X 8"

Rhymes With Orange
Paint on repurposed wood.
23" X 13"

W

Sometimes I make valentines and send them to people who have given me their address. This year all my cards and stamps were buried in a pile of crap from moving so I went more modern and did one drawing and posted it on Facebook to bring joy and sensory overload to the masses. As I didn't want another one of my drawings kicking around the place I gave it away in a random drawing of people who wanted it. The End.

Fierce Love

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :wink:

Pages: 1 2 78 replies