Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2010 Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies

T

Haven't seen this thread yet and was wondering who's coming to Hukilau this year...
I'll be there... and can't wait to see The Sweet Hollywaiians!!!!

I'll be there with my wife, TornadoTiki. Looks like we're going to be joined by a large contingent from Brevard as well. The count is 10 so far, but will probably grow as we get a more formal head count (not sure how many of them can talk to their parole officers into letting them leave the county).

T

I'll be droppin' in solo from the left-coast.

Of course, Hukilau is an event I've been wanting to check out and carouse in -
I'm also looking forward to my first visit to the Mai Kai (and subsequent visits later in the week.)

Thanks to Brevard's own TikiMango and West Palm Beach's TikiHana for putting me up during my stay in June.

Hope to meet all of the east coast tiki peeps in attendance...I know its going to be a weekend of exponential escapism at sonic velocity (whew!) See you there in June.

T

I'll be there this year....

Tiki Tamtam and I will be jetsetting out for the event and looking forward to meeting everyone during the room crawl and at the Mai-Kai!!!
Plus I can't wait to see the Sweet Hollywaiians again they put on a great show at last years Denver Ukefest.

V

Looking forward to the Mai Kai on Saturday--went last year and it was amazing. Anyone who needs a pit stop on the way south to Ft. Lauderdale is welcome to stop by our place in Vero Beach for some refreshments--we will only be going south on Saturday. Just let me know!

K

The Blonde Bombshells return to Hukilau after rocking Tiki Oasis as The Wrecking Crew.
Austin, New Orleans and New York will represent. Look out!

TK

i will be there with my wifey and granddaughter and her friend. can't flipping wait. starting a new gen of tiki lovers.

Wouldn't miss it! Reservations made, counting down the days! Trevor plans to be with me as well!

[ Edited by: SouthBamaTiki 2010-03-24 07:29 ]

Mike and I will be there. Will be lots of fun.

Big Daddy D and I will be there this year. We're Novices only having stopped by last year on Saturday for a couple of hours. Really looking forward to meeting new folks and joining in the festivities!

On 2010-03-25 14:28, F-Troop Mom wrote:
Big Daddy D and I will be there this year. We're Novices only having stopped by last year on Saturday for a couple of hours. Really looking forward to meeting new folks and joining in the festivities!

Yippee! F-Troop is representing this year!

I'll there, can't wait to hang out with everyone again.

On 2010-03-25 17:09, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2010-03-25 14:28, F-Troop Mom wrote:

Yippee! F-Troop is representing this year!

Of course, no-one knows what that means yet! We'll bring Chef Kenny along with us...

On 2010-03-29 13:19, F-Troop Mom wrote:

[Yippee! F-Troop is representing this year!

Of course, no-one knows what that means yet! We'll bring Chef Kenny along with us...

I wont' spoil the surprise! What they don't know will be more fun!

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-03-30 16:42 ]

Me and Mrs. Gooneybird will be there. Can't wait.

T

:D

We're in! Can't wait, what a blast!

H

I think I already posted this in another Hukilau thread, so I apologize for any tiresome redundancy... we'll be there! This will be my first time back to the Mai Kai in YEARS, which is completely ridiculous. It'll be Trott's very first time, but he's heard enough about it from people that I'm sure he feels like he's been a half-dozen times already.

See you all soon!

I'm a newbie to the forum...I am going and looking forward to meeting everyone. It's going to be a great time!

Welcome, Intetrolove! You will have a blast and meet some wonderful people!!

Got my Aloha pass last night. Looking forward to it.

Just booked the flights today. Will be @ Hukilau...first tiki event, first time @ Mai Kai...

On 2010-04-09 18:31, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:
J...first time @ Mai Kai...

Your in for a treat!

When do you get in? The Unofficially Official Kick-Off of Hukilau is Wednesday night at the Mai Kai. If you want to get pictures of the place that is the night to do it. Plus, you can get a head start on the drink menu... only 52 drinks to choose from.

R

Hey Chip & Andy, good to meet you at the Carving Jam.

Got my Aloha Pass months ago.

We'll be arriving Wednesday to have more time to set up for the room crawl, if we get there before too late, maybe a trip over to the MK might be in order.

Coming down next Tuesday to scope out the space and see what we have to work with for the crawl

I would love to go; but it all depends on how much money i make until then. i am already booked for burlesque hall of fame the weekend before.

Your in for a treat!

When do you get in? The Unofficially Official Kick-Off of Hukilau is Wednesday night at the Mai Kai. If you want to get pictures of the place that is the night to do it. Plus, you can get a head start on the drink menu... only 52 drinks to choose from.

Thanks Chip and/or Andy :) I didn't know about Wednesday night! We'll be in all week (staying with friends).
(I think I need the insider's guide to Hukilau)

On 2010-04-11 12:28, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:
(I think I need the insider's guide to Hukilau)

Click on the About tab on the Hukilau website, then scroll down to the bottom... "Tips from the Natives." It will give you the basics to get you going.

The one tip that isn't listed (and probably should be) is to smile, say Aloha to everyone you meet, and simply enjoy the company of a couple of hundred other friends at Hukilau.

D

this will be my first hukilau and only my second time vending my wares I'm very excited and looking forward to meeting as many people as possible.

P
phinz posted on Mon, Apr 12, 2010 7:35 PM

Finally managed to get the time off, so I'll be there again. :)

MH

After a few years off, Mr. Ho + 1 are Hukilau bound! Nice.

Off to find a "Travel guiro" since they don't make pocket vibraphones anymore.

Mr. Ho

So glad to see so many newcomers and so many return to The Hukilau!! This promises to be one of the best so be sure to bring that camera, get prepared to meet some wonderful new friends and take home an experience of a lifetime!

We're only 8 weeks away!

Mike and I have been counting the days. It can't come fast enough! Just read about the get together at the Mai Kai on Wednesday night. We will be there also.

J

Playground Zero checking in! We have been busy getting all our merchandise ready and we should have more than last year! Over 200+ shirts and dresses, scores of mugs and other ephemera.
As a courtesy to our fellow TC members attending the Hukilau, PM if you are looking for anything in particular and if we have it, I'll hold it for you!
The Sarong-a-Rama will be fantastic this year! We are providing nearly 40 outfits as well as a snazzy jacket for the emcee!

K

On 2010-04-01 01:43, tikipaka wrote:

We're in! Can't wait, what a blast!

Yay! Can't wait to dance with you!

Trevor and I will be checking in on Wednesday and will be at the Mai Kai Wednesday night. Quick question for those down in Florida...has anyone been to Casadega, Florida? Apparently, it is some sort of spiritualist community. Just wonder if it's worth a stop by on the way down Tuesday? Can't wait to see those I know and meet those I don't! This is Trevor's first time back in a couple of years, so he will be new to most everyone.

I posted this on Hurricane Hayward's "Crawl Thread" but am so excited about making my first Hukilau, I am copying the post to this thread.

Hey guys, I am making my first 'quest' to Hukilau and I can not even begin to tell you how excited I (and my traveling buddy, Tiki Tim) are about attending! We have made our room and flight reservations, but we have yet to purchase our Hukilau tickets (primarily because we are waiting to have a pending question regarding tickets answered by the powers of Hukilau). Once clarification is given, we will be good-to-go.

I would love to test my mixing skills against some of these other tikiphiles, but this time around it is 100% indulgence! I am looking forward to sampling your concoctions (wow, that could be taken out of of context, couldn't it?) It is my goal to open a tiki bar, so I may ask if'n ya might share a recipe or three. If you choose to keep it close to the fez, I completely understand. But, MAHALO for those who do share potions with us.

Anyway, I wanted to give a hearty hello to my tiki-mates. I am a very friendly, sociable sort, so please come up and introduce yourselves...if I don't come grab your hand first. By the way, Tiki Tim is lead guitarist for the fantabulous Reverburritos (the ONLY surf band in Arkansas), so come find Tim and score some sweet Reverburritos swag. You will not be disappointed!

Who knew Christmas (Island) happens in June!?!?

Shaken and stirred - Vince Martini

[ Edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-06 06:53 ]

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Tue, May 4, 2010 7:56 AM

I know they aren't on the playing roster this year but are the boys from Haole Katz going to be around I hope! Love those cats! :wink:

Also looking forward to hearing some idols being stolen. hear good things and always like meeting fellow vibraphonists :wink:

mr. ho

IN ! Would not miss it...Evah ! This will be our eighth year in a row !

Me, the Wahine, and the entire go11 crew will be there to capture the event. All images will be shared at no cost via an online gallery but there will be a few opportunities for you to buy reasonably priced special prints. (so we can buy a Rum Barrel.... or five)

We will have the greescreen set-up again this year and hopefully the Not-2-B-Missed Group Shot, pending location availability. We will also be open late in one of the two penthouses Thursday night for an after party!

We look forward to seeing everyone again !!

Mahalo Christie for bringing us another great Hukilau!!

JV
Joe V. posted on Wed, May 5, 2010 5:42 PM

We'll be there.... 9 for 9 !!

H
harro posted on Thu, May 6, 2010 7:23 AM

Can’t remember if ive posted on this thread or not, but my wife and I are very excited to start our honeymoon at Hukilau (probably me more-so). We’re all booked up with flights, tickets, hotel, mai kai etc, so now its just the waiting. If anyone is interested in me bringing over anything from the UK (rum, mugs?) in return for some tiki mugs let me know!!

Hey everyone!

I've been speaking with Debby at Tiki Beach (www.tikibeach.com) about possibly chartering a private two-hour cruise down the intracoastal for Hukilauers at a special rate at some point during the festival. Would anybody be interested in this if I were to organize something?

The cost would be $40/person for a two-hour tiki cruise party!

We'd need a minimum of 50 people to make it work; Sound-off if interested...

http://www.tikibeach.com

[ Edited by: OliverTwist 2010-05-06 11:31 ]

B

Honestly Oliver, Christie has so many cool things lined up I would not want to miss any of it or take anyone away from the SANCTIONED Hukilau venue, events, or vendors. I love Hukilau and it's continued existence, and success will rely on our participation and patronage.

Long Live HUKILAU !

Two more couples are coming to the event just on the knowledge that I am mixing drinks!

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

[ Edited by: Trader Rick 2010-05-28 08:46 ]

R

The Mira Mar League, Florida Chapter will be there in force, Icky, CC Rock Dog, Trader Dick and all the rest. Not our first event, but it will be our first time being there on Thursday and our first time hosting at the room crawl. The Trader has a new drink up his sleeve an has invested in restaurant quality barware to be able to serve mass quantities of simple alcohol molecules.

B

Looking forward to meeting all of you guys Robo

R

On 2010-05-07 03:22, Bohemiann wrote:
Looking forward to meeting all of you guys Robo

We have a rum barrel with yer name on it for that nifty palm log you gave us at the carving fest!

On 2010-05-06 16:00, Bohemiann wrote:
Honestly Oliver, Christie has so many cool things lined up I would not want to miss any of it or take anyone away from the SANCTIONED Hukilau venue, events, or vendors. I love Hukilau and it's continued existence, and success will rely on our participation and patronage.

Long Live HUKILAU !

Hey I understand, I wasn't intending to schedule this during the weekend activities though, more of a pre or post-fest party for those of us weekenders who will still be around the Ft. Lauderdale area. I did reach out to Christie though to ask if she'd be interested in making it an official extention of this year's 'Lau but I'm sure her plate's more than full with the fast approaching dates! I'll be in Miami fromt he 5th on and would like to check it out, looks pretty neat and thought it might be fun.

Cheers

Pages: 1 2 3 111 replies