Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Congratulations Sabu (TCB) and Tikibelle

Pages: 1 24 replies

T

I received notification yesterday of a glorious union of two talented and gracious tiki lovers - Sabu the Coconut Boy and Tikibelle.

The Tiki Central Ohana extends its best wishes to these two fine people for a life filled with faith, hope and love.

Congratulations!

You know what they say:
"Man is not complete until he is married. Then he's finished!"

Seriously, though, congratulations to you both. My wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Here's to many years of happiness, love and fun!

Patrick McNeal

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2003-05-01 10:02 ]

Congrats to the both of you! Best Wishes in your new life together.

Best wishes Sabu to you and your new bride!
May your tiki mugs runith over!

T

Well, tikibelle, that's ONE way to get unlimited access to Sabu's postcard collection!

Wish I'd thought of it...

:)

congrats!

S

Congrats Sabu & Tikibelle!

Wishing you eternal happiness and much love from the Stentiki ohana.

Much hapiness and love indeed! Congrats!

-Weird Unc

D

And they lived happily ever after... Congratulations!

C

Ain't love Grand! Best of wishes to both of you!
Aloha!
Chongolio

T

A grand tip of the tiki mug to Sabu and 'Bell from the Trustar clan.

Wishing you both much happiness together.

Trustar

J

Congrats Sabu - hope being married doesn't interfere with the thorough and entertaining urban archaeology projects!

Good luck Sabu and Tiki Belle! Lookin' forward to seeing you both soon.

Thankyou, my big tiki ohana, for all the heartfelt good wishes. I'm overwhelmed.

Actually, the card that Bong received announces that Sabu and Tikibelle are Officially Engaged, and that we've picked a date for the wedding - October 11th. So when I post the wedding photos in October, we'll have to go through this all over again I'm afraid.

Next week I'll be driving to Flagstaff, AZ, loading all of Tikibelle's things into my truck and her car, and FINALLY moving her down to Southern California permanently. So in a sense we are kind of starting our lives together.

The long-distance relationship has been driving us slowly insane for the last six months at least. When you realize you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, it seems cruel torture to prolong it even a day more.

I feel incredibly blessed to have found someone with whom I share the same faith, goals, and values, and who I can communicate with so easily. Sabrina has become my closest friend and ally while becoming more and more beautiful to me all the time. She is now the necessary part of my life that I never realized I needed.

I don't know if it was the way she kissed, or the fact that she once waitressed at the Aku Tiki in Daytona that finally clinched the deal for me.

We're looking forward to hanging out as a couple now with all you folks at upcoming tiki events. Please let us know if we are being nauseatingly affectionate. There's nothing we can do about it, you understand, but let us know anyway - it will make us feel smug.

Spike - the two of us will be at the Hootenanny on July 5th, so let's try to hook up there if not before.

Twowheelin Tiki - Meant to thank you before for your congratulations in a previous thread and to wish you contratulations yourself on your one-year anniversary. I'm sure you feel just as lucky as myself.

Thanks again to everybody.

Sabu the Chokin'-Up Boy

Congragulations, from a five-year veteran. Get ready to drink a lot more...you're gonna need it :)

MB
Mrs. B posted on Thu, May 1, 2003 8:46 PM

On 2003-05-01 18:55, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I feel incredibly blessed to have found someone with whom I share the same faith, goals, and values, and who I can communicate with so easily. Sabrina has become my closest friend and ally while becoming more and more beautiful to me all the time. She is now the necessary part of my life that I never realized I needed.

Sabu, this is one of the most beautiful, sincere sentiments I have read.
Much love to you both.
Mrs. Bamboo

T

Thank all you wonderful tiki ohana,
Sabu and I are so blessed to have friend like you! Tim is the completing piece of my life that I didn't even know was missing.
Like he said, the past 6 months have been pure hell. I think the last 6 week have been worse, though. My whole life is rapidly changing. I am moving 500 miles, graduating (with a teaching degree) and moving in with the man I will gladly spend the rest of my life with. It’s all it bit overwhelming, awe inspiring, a bit scary and the most exciting thing ever to happen to me.
I can’t wait to hang out with all of you on a semi regular basis. Thanks for the love and support!

"I can handle anything that life throws at me---I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently--but I will handle it."

What a marvelous motto, Tikibelle...I think I'll try to remind myself of that every day. I look forward to meeting you!

I'm so happy for the both of you. To find a partner whose love and companionship makes your life complete is the greatest of joys, in my book.

You give me hope that someday I may get so lucky too! :) Blessings to you, always--

Lisa

p.s. ya know, all this sounds dangerously like an excuse for a party. Lots of parties.

p.p.s. "Sabu and Sabrina"--love it.

M

I'm...getting...there's..oh..

Excuse me..there's someting in my eye.

sniff

congrats,

martin

Yeah, I've been crying my eyes out over that for the last three hours. So poetic Sabu.

M

Sabu, do you have a postcard or a matchbook of your wife that you could show us?

Mr Smiley,

As luck would have it, I recently acquired a few postcards depicting the famous Sabu/Tikibelle engagement. Here are some of the best: (note the Good-Luck-Marriage Tiki in postcard two)

Sabu

Dammit cut it out. My eyes are sweating. Congratulations to you both, my palm reading, turban wearing monkey says you're going to have a lot of fun together. Can't wait to meet you 2.

Cogratulations!
And in addition to your moving posts - you look very cute together...

I'll save the nice greetings for October :wink:

Ran

Getting married? That's so FREAKY!! Who's thought in this day and age? You kids kill me with your wacky antics. But seriously folks, I hope you much happiness in the many years ahead!

I raise my glass in salute,

A.C.

You know I love you baby, Bubu, and Tikibelle, congrats.

Pages: 1 24 replies