Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

I Am Tired Of...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies

Stainless steel appliances.

I don't dislike them, but in the kitchen they're definitely the Harvest Gold of this era.

New t-shirts made to look old.

Just buy a friggin new t-shirt that looks new and wear it a lot. Jeez.

Flat screen TVs hung over a fireplace.

This will be one of those things that will be laughed at in the future. "You hung the TV over the fireplace? Did you think it was art? Was technology new and exciting to you so you wanted to show it off? Did you enjoy watching TV with your head tilted back for several hours straight?"

News and talk shows telling us we can follow them on Twitter or be their friends on Facebook.

We know. We have computers. Also, you're really not as important in our lives as you think you are. And you don't have to tell us we can follow you on Twitter at the end of every friggin show. Once a week is fine. Never is even better.

the neighbors who honk their horn in the driveway every morning at 6:30 am to get their kids out of the house and off to school.

Dude! You just walked out of the same house as the kids, why the F&%$# are you honking your horn? Just grab the kids and ALL of you go out to the car together.

T

R

On 2010-04-28 11:04, TikiG wrote:

crap like AVATAR or any PIXAR film for that matter ....what happened to live action family films like " the computer wore tennis shoes" or " the strongest man in the world" and before you say that was a long time ago have another sip out of your peanut mug ! lol
just tired of that look how "street" the pin faced alien with the pointy ears and the talking jack ass is ...dig?
Tired of what people call entertainment today, lady goo goo and the whole bunch can all go strait to the bottom of a frozen cravass lol
whew...

Reality TV - well, pretty much all TV

On 2010-04-28 11:35, MadDogMike wrote:
Reality TV - well, pretty much all TV

DEFINATELY! There's NOTHING real about them and they make me uncomfotable - it's like looking into the house of some poor slob who doesn't have the dignity to keep her dirty laundry where it belongs - in the dirty clothes basket! As for shows like American Idol - yikes! I would rather the performer came up through the ranks the old fashioned way - working the clubs, living in their vans and FINALLY making it, or not, on their ability, not because someone who THINKS THEY are talented deemed it so!

Kudos to the person who is sick of that bimbo Kate "Oops-I-overbred-with-my-pinhead-husband-jon-and-now-I'm-a-washedout-hasbeen-looking-for-attention" can't remember her last name...does she have one?

Personally, I'm tired of Dodge Ram commercials that encourage people to drive irresponsibly and selfishly (please see latest Ram ad "...iron fist in a velvet glove..."

I AM TIRED OF THIS GUY...
WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS
TRYING TO IMITATE THE MAN OF STEEL?
SHEESH!

CHEMTRAILS TOO!
put me on the list fer that!

W

Evil cute things. A teddy bear with a knife, a little girl with a noose, a kitten smoking a cigar, et cetera.

Yes, congratulations cool artist/hipster lifestyle goods manufacturer, you figured out the equation...

innocent/cute thing + dangerous item/bad behavior = edgy humorous effect

We laughed, we smirked, and we're rolling our eyes.

But wait, just one more...Look! This cotton candy is made of razor blades! Ha-ha! Have a bite!

misspelling.

bad grammar.

people who are overly bothered by same.

TK

On 2010-04-28 10:18, woofmutt wrote:
News and talk shows telling us we can follow them on Twitter or be their friends on Facebook.

We know. We have computers. Also, you're really not as important in our lives as you think you are. And you don't have to tell us we can follow you on Twitter at the end of every friggin show. Once a week is fine. Never is even better.

nice. i DO NOT GET TWITTER. twitter is very conceited and just plain dumb to me.

B

On 2010-04-28 16:14, talo ka wrote:

On 2010-04-28 10:18, woofmutt wrote:

nice. i DO NOT GET TWITTER. twitter is very conceited and just plain dumb to me.

And further - who CARES what people are doing that you don't know or care about?! Good grief - is there NOTHING private left in this world?!

H

I am sick and tired of people that complain.

L

On 2010-04-28 18:09, Hakalugi wrote:
I am sick and tired of people that complain.

lol

I am sick and tired of people on forums who post -then post to answer their own post--then bump their own post--then post on that post some more....seriously no one gave a shit at post #1 so no one cares when you post 9 more times on the same thread.

:wink:

I am sick and tired of people on forums who post -then post to answer their own post--then bump their own post--then post on that post some more....seriously no one gave a shit at post #1 so no one cares when you post 9 more times on the same thread.

I disagree. Threads get lost, people miss them the first time, sometimes the person posing a question finds the answer elsewhere and wants to share, other people read them but really don't have anything to say and they don't want to be one of those "Ha-ha! Yes!" posters.

There are a lot of threads I'm glad the authors bumped up cuz I missed them the first time.

Sure, sometimes there are no comments cuz people really do think some amateur's recipe for a "Big Island Thunder Punch" made with Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, coconut rum, and Coca-Cola* sounds disgusting.

But a lot of times there's just nothing to add. Does everyone who reads a newspaper write letters to the editor? No, most of them complain about the paper to their coworkers or their drinking buddies.

And that's why I say "Bump away!"

THE END

*I completely made this up, if it's similar to an actual drink I did not mean to suggest that someone who thought it up must have no sense of what goes into a good drink or has a rare disease which makes really horrid things taste yummy. That said, here's the recipe:

Big Island Thunder Punch

3 cups of Cool Whip
1/2 cup Kahlua
1 cup of dark rum
1 cup of coconut flavored rum
20 oz of Coca-Cola
Ice

Put the Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, and coconut rum in a punch bowl or pitcher. Use a wire whisk and mix until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the Coca-Cola, carefully stirring with the whisk to blend. Add ice and serve.

On 2010-04-28 22:03, woofmutt wrote:

I disagree. Threads get lost, people miss them the first time, sometimes the person posing a question finds the answer elsewhere and wants to share, other people read them but really don't have anything to say and they don't want to be one of those "Ha-ha! Yes!" posters.

There are a lot of threads I'm glad the authors bumped up cuz I missed them the first time.

Sure, sometimes there are no comments cuz people really do think some amateur's recipe for a "Big Island Thunder Punch" made with Cool Whip, Kahlua, dark rum, coconut rum, and Coca-Cola* sounds disgusting.

But a lot of times there's just nothing to add. Does everyone who reads a newspaper write letters to the editor? No, most of them complain about the paper to their coworkers or their drinking buddies.

And that's why I say "Bump away!"

THE END

Thanks Woofy,
and for those that don't like my posts.
do yourself a favor.
don't look at them.
simple.

I get thanks from people about posting events.
that makes it worth my and their while.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2010 12:48 PM

GROG tired of not winning the lottery. Mega Millions is now at $224,000,000.

Come on baby!! GROG need a new pair of shoes!

On 2010-04-29 12:48, GROG wrote:
GROG need a new pair of $224,000,000 shoes!

Damn! How big are your feet? Are they like super extra wide or something?

I am tired of so-called Street Art. I cancelled my Juxtapoz subscription because of this. Enough!

W

People going on and on about how bizarre Kentucky Fried Chicken's Double Down "sandwich" is.

Oh my gawd! It's two pieces of boneless chicken and bacon and cheese! THAT'S INSANE!!! Unless it's served on a plate with a side of vegetables, potatoes, and a roll. Then it's called "the dinner special" and no one goes running around screaming about it.

But for all those who do like to freak out:

Oh my gawd! It's a hot dog...WITHOUT A BUN!!!

B

On 2010-05-02 16:13, woofmutt wrote:

People going on and on about how bizarre Kentucky Fried Chicken's Double Down "sandwich" is.

Oh my gawd! It's two pieces of boneless chicken and bacon and cheese! THAT'S INSANE!!! Unless it's served on a plate with a side of vegetables, potatoes, and a roll. Then it's called "the dinner special" and no one goes running around screaming about it.

But for all those who do like to freak out:

Oh my gawd! It's a hot dog...WITHOUT A BUN!!!

Are they really complaining about the lack of buns or is it that it just looks disgusting - you actually have to look at what you're eating that has been nicely hidden between two dried out pieces of seedy-ass bread?

I'm tired of commuting and monogrammed towels.

TK

mmmmmmmm... meat inna tube ona stick. how can that be bad? may i have 1 please?

tired of the word EXTREME

and Ranch dressing
It's like a crutch for people
who can't just enjoy a food's flavor all by itself....
spoiled brats...

I'm also tired of lazy artists
who don't do the research
don't put in the time
don't make a point to inspire and help others
and expect great rewards for little input...
The trick is to expect NO reward
except the joy of creating....
You have a wonderful gift
push it to the fullest
Evolve your talent
start a wildfire....

That's all for now...

W

Agreed!

And I'm tired of whining artists who think the government owes them a cheap studio space and fat checks for crappy public art.

If you can't afford the rent wherever you happen to be do what tens of thousands of other artists have done in the past...Move somewhere else! Or friggin paint on your kitchen table. Or on the sidewalk.

If you can't make art because you aren't getting an incredibly underpriced studio space or selling giant yawns to City Hall for $30,000 please go work at McDonalds or Walmart cuz there are plenty of artists in the world.

Contrary to what the whiners and lamenters claim art is not an endangered and rare delicate flower which will die outside a government funded hothouse. ART HAPPENS!

B

tired of TV, RAP, Politics, TikiTards, Negativity, Greedy Self Serving Grubers, Whiners, Street Beggers, Bad Driving Tail-Gaters, Oil Drillers, and I am pretty tired of radicals trying to blow up NY. I Love NY !

C
  • Mother's day commercials (thank God those end today)
  • twitter
  • my neighbors kids who play football in the street next to my cars
  • my cats fighting
W

Tiki Central snit fits and cat fights intruding into posts.

Oh good gawd, so you think so-n-so is a such-n-such and just in case the rest of us forgot that you feel that way you gotta make an out of the blue nasty comment...

Bubbly Ti_Ce_R Posted: Today; 1:15 am

I also think olive loaf is awesome. It makes lunchtime happy!

Ye Olde Yahooer TCer Posted: Today; 3:17 am

We used to get Skreacher Brothers olive loaf out here but now we can only find Beast Foods. It's OK, but I loved Skreacher Bros!

I_2_Wuz_On_Yahoo Posted: Today; 5:26 am

On 2010-05-09 3:17, Ye Olde Yahooer TCer wrote:

We used to get Skreacher Brothers olive loaf out here but now we can only find Beast Foods. It's OK, but I loved Skreacher Bros!

It's a wonder you could pull your head out of your ass and even find the deli section.

Ah, shut up.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up.

Joking, joshing, ribbing, or whatever the heck you kids are calling it these days is one thing. But if you don't have something nice to say to someone then don't say anything to him at all. Talk trash about him at a Tiki Centralite party like the rest of us do.

That's if you want him to have that much control of your life. If you really think the guy is such a moron why not just IGNORE HIM?

If you're worried that by ignoring him the rest of us won't realize that you hate that guy(!!!!!!!!!!!!) you could always add a little signature line that says something like "I'm ignoring Ye Olde Yahooer TCer because he's soooooo dumb!

That'll show him and tell us at the exact same time!

W

I know I shouldn't say this, but...

I'm tired of Delicate Li'l Tiki Flower posts such as:

Delicate Li'l Tiki Flower Posted: Today; 4:11 am

I wish I could say what I really want to say but I know that it would just cause a lot of problems and I'd probably lose friends and someone would complain to Hanford and then I'd be banned from Tiki Central and I really don't want that to happen because this place is very important to me and I love most of you so much but it's unfortunate that the meanies won't let everyone live, laugh, and post the way they'd like to so I better just sit here quietly and not cause any problems. Does someone have a hanky I can borrow?

Oh! The tragedy of your subjugation. Here's a hanky...It's perfumed and has lace trim and a large emroideried M for martyr. As you dab your tears make sure the M is visible for all to see.

Thank you, Delicate Li'l Tiki Flower, for suffering in silence this great strain on your soul. We all know you're right, even though we dare not say that aloud!

Ah come on, Delicate Li'l Tiki Flower.

If you feel you must say something then say it. Telling us your not going to say it is actually saying it.

Oh wait, you know that, don't you?

You know that when you say you can't say what you really want to say the rest of us don't assume

"Oh, she probably wanted to say it's a very nice day for February!"

or

"He probably just wanted to tell the guy who started the thread what a fine post it was...But he was out of time or something. Or all his fingers just exploded."

No, of course not. We all know that you're unhappy about the situation but you dare not say so because if you do it'll break the Fifteenth Seal and a rain of 1s and 0s will fall from the heavens and Tiki Central will burst into flames and sink below the sea. Or something like that.

Well, thanks for your restraint. Now how about pulling a little harder on your leash and not even tell us that your restraining yourself? C'mon, Delicate Li'l Tiki Flower, we know you can do it!

somebody needs a hug

[ Edited by: Carl Ulrich 2010-05-09 12:43 ]

TM

From the world of the unimaginative, sulking, pissy-mood posters !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ByabeEGxc

A

Gang signs and smoochy face.

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 10, 2010 3:18 AM

GROG tired of being HOA interim President of the Tiki Central Estates Condominiums & Sunset Years Towne Home Properties, LTD.

W

Just til Saturday night, Mr. GROG.

We all appreciate your service and the sacrifices you've made these past few months. Especially wearing a tie. (Though it would be nice on Saturday night if you would also wear a shirt with the tie.)

B

On 2010-05-09 19:58, amybean wrote:
Gang signs and smoochy face.

Gang signs definately - add to that the "mean muggin'" cd covers that EVERY rapper must have in order to be legite. Gah! If I have to see another one of those pissy faces pop up on MySpace's sign-in page I'm gonna barf!

"man cave"

Men have dens, bars, garages, sheds, cabins, whatever. They don't have to call it "man den" or "man cabin" because they're men and it's theirs, and whudyuh gonna make of that?

A real man (yeah, I said it) doesn't need special labels for his personal space, relationships, or activities. (Unless it's his #1 Fox.)

Zombies.
(I don't mean this kind, I mean the walking dead.)

To be honest (for once), I've never cared for zombie flicks.* Zombies never seemed interesting and definitely didn't seem scary. (With the exception of Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide which was fairly creepy.)

But these days zombies are everywhere and...Yawn! The zombie walks were kinda funny once. As a repeat get together? No. And the zombie Thriller dance gatherings? NO!

Maybe the zombie fixation is because zombies so often want brains and the masses so often seem to be lacking brains. Do the masses secretly desire brains and as a result identify with zombies? If so, couldn't they just link arms and skip off down some a yellow brick road?

Well, I guess skipping would require some effort. Aimlessly shuffling about while moaning is something everyone is doing anyway.

I think I just realized why I don't care for zombies.

*I still haven't seen Shaun of the Dead or 28 Days Later or Zombieland. I know I should have, I will eventually.

J

On 2010-05-21 22:52, woofmutt wrote:

To be honest (for once), I've never cared for zombie flicks....

George Romero ruined the whole zombie genre. That brain eating zombies thing has been played out.

You need to go back to the cinema's first zombie flick, 1932's "White Zombie" starring Bela Lugosi. That story took place in Haiti where zombies were part of Voodoo folklore. Those zombies didn't spend time chasing people and trying to eat their brains. Instead they did chores like working the plantation at midnight. Also those zombies would "put out". :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQV7wOg3hYQ

W

Ironically Night of the Living Dead doesn't refer to the living dead as "zombies" though it's the inspiration for the contemporary zombie.

I'm aware of the original zombies thanks to the countless pre-1960 B&W horror films I watched and all the "non fiction" books on weirdness I read while growing up. (As I recall, if you feed real zombies meat or salt they will realize they're dead and return to their graves.)

In TV Guide the scary movies were always notated as Thriller. We got the TV Guide and I'd go through ever weekend and late night movie listing looking for (Thriller) and (Sci-Fi) after a movie title which is how I was lucky around 1979 to catch a 1 AM screening of one of the best zombie movies ever made Plan 9 From Outer Space.

TK

plan 9 from outer space...man that takes me wayyyyyy back. i saw this when i was 6 in 1961. i grew up loving these old B+w horror movies. ed wood made some of the best.
btw, you can see this at http://www.archive.org/details/Plan_9_from_outer_space_1959

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-05-23 03:49 ]

American flags made in freakin' CHINA!!!!!

I'm tired of multi-tasking at work, of picking up the slack because of budget cuts, yet being asked to produce "more" in obvious disregard of those very cuts! However, I am not tired of being employed - I like money - so maybe I'll just shut up now.

I am tired of Thread Drift in on-line forums like this one.

If your going to derail a discussion thread, derail it. Do it right or don't do it at all. To just let a discussion drift slowly, ever farther away from the topic at hand is lazy almost to the point of being rude. Like Yoda says, "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

And in contrast to this threads topic, I love a good discussion thread derail. I find a great deal of entertainment when some little seed of a thought gets planted in a discussion, someone else picks up on it, and someone else runs with it in a completely new and apparently random direction...... good times.

What was the question? And who's making the next round?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 392 replies