Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 608 replies

We are lucky to have such great Ohana in Sacramento. Essentially we have no Tiki establishments in this area, so our homes supply our Tiki fixes. Everyone has a different decorating style and there are some fabulous collections. Duane has done a great job over the years and we are very excited to have had new hosts share their digs with us last year and we are certainly blessed to have Wendy (our star artist) working on our second crawl mug [the decanter is out of this world!!!] and more new stops on the crawl this year...YEAH.

The registration process will help us be more organized as our guest list increases in size. There is no intent on any profit as we are trying to throw a swag package together, which any of us would expect to pay for at any event. Sacramento Ohana enjoy investing in our crawl. I was lucky last year to have the Martini Kings at my pad...just a delightful dream come true for me (shout out to Frank & Toni). I am saving my pennies now so I can host again next year with some entertainment for participants.

I'm not a bus person either, as I get car sick easily, but if the participation grows large enough for that form of transportation to be used, I think it is a marvelous idea for folks.

Looking forward to the 2011 Crawl...it will be another memorable event from the Sacramento Ohana.

Thank you The Blue Kahuna and Vampiress RN

This morning we finished washing the decanters and now they are filling up the kitchen counter and nook. I've also make a flame top for each that are drying. When all the decanters are finished then I will carve each flame to match a decanter because no two volcanoes are alike. Then I'll bisque fire them then glaze them and fire again. Here are some photos. Cheers, Wendy

Great meeting you last night, Blue Kahuna. Can't wait to see you again at Rugby Matt's on Sunday and Mandarin on Tuesday.

The test glazes are firing in the kiln right now. When these are out in a couple of days I'll be able to pick the best colors from them for the run of 50 for the crawl. This is the most fun part. Fingers crossed that they look good. I will still be adding cold paint to the face and words Tiki Bob after the final glazing.
See you soon, Wendy

This year the Sacramento Crawl ceramic is based on a napkin found by Duane Orzol. He is the founder of this terrific event so he deserves some credit. The Napkin is from Tiki Bob's located in the Sacramento Inn for a brief time.

This is a photo of the napkin that inspired the ceramic.

THIS IS THE WAY THE RUN OF 50 WILL LOOK.
The white face and lettering are hand painted after glazing with ceramic enamel cold paint and baked to set.

For fun the opening is a volcano.

I have also glazed the bottom for a cleaner design.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, I hope you are too. Anyone not of the list to purchase one should send me an email or PM. Cheers, Wendy

That is absolutely outstanding Wendy! Beautiful . . . magnificent . . . it really has "spirit"! How exciting!

Wow, great as usual. Strong work Wendy!!

Great work!

C
cdtiki posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2011 6:40 AM

Inspired design, excellent execution = instant classic.
Bravo

Wow, thank you each very much. I have 50 to now glaze and fire. October will be here soon. I wish you all lived close enough to attend our crawl we have so much fun. You made my day, Wendy

Everyone, the information for this year's crawl has been posted on the first post on this thread.

See you soon!

PTD

47 Registered VIP's 68 Registerd Guests (See first post on the thread)They are as follows:

David Bennion 1
Ken Berling 1
Barbara Bowman 2 VIP
Remington Caldwell 1
Angela Caldwell 1
Wendy Cevola 2 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1
John Coyle 1 VIP
Paul Cramer 1
Marlene Cross 1 VIP
Mom Cross 1
William Dunnington 1 VIP
Monty Dunnington 1 VIP
John Ford Jr 2 VIP
Sandy Foregger 1 VIP
Alan Galbraith 1 VIP
J Hayes 1
Mark Holt 1 VIP
Matthew Hull 1 VIP
Debbie Hurley 1
Brad Juarros 1 VIP
Liz Karza 1 VIP
Melody Kenoyer 2 VIP
Diana Kerr 1
Sean Klein 1
Bruce Leavitt 1
Laura Lee 1 VIP
Melissa Logue 1 VIP
Linda Logue 1 VIP
Debra Morretton 1
Duane Orzol 1 VIP
Rogers Orzol 1 VIP
Gregory Ramirez 2 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Dave Simon 1
Judith Simon 1
Stephen Soto 1 VIP
Clinton Starr 3 VIP
Duane Starr 1
Bill Straw 1
Karen Stuetz-Garlan 2 VIP
Karen Stuetz-Garland 2 VIP
Ami Tilmann 1 VIP
Jeff Tilton 1
Jeff Tilton 1
Richard Unger 2 VIP
Catherine Wartelle 3 VIP
David Zook 4 VIP
David Zook 1 VIP
Lynne 1
Total registered 68 Total VIP 47

Plus:

Jama (VIP)

Joanne (VIP)

Mahalo everyone, see you in October!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2011-09-05 18:41 ]

C

Wendy,

Sent you a pm on the decanter. Just a quick look at Tiki Bob hanging with me at home in Modesto.

Got registered today.

Duane

Wow, he's terrific and so is your backyard. With the hat and glasses I'll still need you to tap me on the shoulder so we may meet. I'm looking forward to that. Soon, Wendy

C
cdtiki posted on Tue, Aug 2, 2011 2:43 PM

Thanks, I'm sure we can do that. We look forward to it.
We'll give you guys a call sometime after we get booked in.
The backyards a constant work in progress like all of them.

R

If you sign up as a VIP your first commemorative Sacto Tiki Bob double old fashioned glass (they match Wendy's decanter) is included. If you want order additional glasses they are $5 each so please PM me ASAP. If you are not a VIP the first glass is $7 and additional glasses are $5.

E

Can you post a pix of the glass, please?

Hi Eric, the glass will have this napkin on the front and Sacramento Crawl 2011 or something like that on the back. Wendy

On 2011-08-02 12:08, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
39 Registered Guests/Participants thus far...

Brenda Ray

Brenda Ray-a second time (Scott)?

Yes, the first one is me, aka Brenda's Tiki Hut, and the second one should be Scott Miller, aka Capt. Tiki

WooHoo! SoccerTiki and I just purchased our VIP Tickets :) Can't wait!!

Terrific WooHoo.

Sacramento Crawl Decanter's

Here's where I am today, glazing and then drying them in the sun. Cheers, Wendy

Looks fabulous Wendy & Dan. Thanks as always to everyone who is helping and hosting this year, it will be great...you are an awesome bunch of Tiki nuts!!! A special shout out to Duane for the dedication and guiance as our fearless leader over the years. Looking forward to crawling...should be bringing the Mother Unit along with me.

I'll shout for Duane and you too Marlene you are both terrific. Our crawls are so much fun and certainly fill a void once Oasis is over.

Here's what I did so far this week. After doing one at a time and lifting them to my turn table over and over I decided to use the mass production technique. So I stood up to paint them all on one side. Left them to dry then painted that side again and so on until I can turn them all to paint the next side. There are six sides to paint because I glazed the bottom too. Then I did the volcano in black and then the red in two colors. Three layers each!

I can only fire 12 at a time because of their large size. 50 total.

Hand painting soon! Wendy

Truly these are just so incredible, can't wait to get my greedy, admiring little paws on one of my own! Thank you for so much hard work, artistry and crafts(wo)manship!

We did it! All open slots have been filled for our annual crawl with just over six weeks away...

If you missed it, please check back to see if we have any cancelations. If you think you registered, but don't see your name on the list, please contact me and I will check your status with our URL manager.

68 total registered guests; 48 which are registered as VIP!

They are as follows:

David Bennion 1
Ken Berling 1
Barbara Bowman 2 VIP
Remington Caldwell 1
Angela Caldwell 1
Wendy Cevola 2 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1
John Coyle 1 VIP
Paul Cramer 1
Marlene Cross 1 VIP
Mom Cross 1
William Dunnington 1 VIP
Monty Dunnington 1 VIP
John Ford Jr 2 VIP
Sandy Foregger 1 VIP
David Foster 1
Alan Galbraith 1 VIP
J Hayes 1
Mark Holt 1 VIP
Matthew Hull 1 VIP
Debbie Hurley 1
Brad Juarros 1 VIP
Liz Karza 1 VIP
Melody Kenoyer 2 VIP
Diana Kerr 1
Sean Klein 1
Bruce Leavitt 1
Laura Lee 1 VIP
Melissa Logue 1 VIP
Linda Logue 1 VIP
Debra Morretton 1
Duane Orzol 1 VIP
Rogers Orzol 1 VIP
Gregory Ramirez 2 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Dave Simon 1
Judith Simon 1
Stephen Soto 1 VIP
Clinton Starr 3 VIP
Duane Starr 0
Bill Straw 1
Karen Stuetz-Garlan 2 VIP
Karen Stuetz-Garland 2 VIP
Ami Tilmann 1 VIP
Jeff Tilton 1
Jeff Tilton 1
Richard Unger 2 VIP
Catherine Wartelle 3 VIP
David Zook 4 VIP
David Zook 1 VIP
Lynne 1
Total registered 67 Total VIP 47

Look forward to seeing everyone soon. For information regarding the crawl, please see the first post on this thread!

Later,

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2011-08-23 13:53 ]

First two for any cancelled spaces are:

Joanne Kelly and Jama

Thanks,

PTD

Glad to see that Chris and Karen are coming up. WooHoo!!!

C

Duane Starr and Clinton Starr are the same person.
I go by Duane but I registered as Clinton with 3 VIP.
Diana Kerr and Debra Moretton are with me and I paid VIP for them.
So it's three, VIP
The cd in cdtiki is Clinton Duane.

Down to 65 now, received a PM from Karen, registered twice.

Hosts, are you o.k. with the number? We have two more that want to attend.

PTD

Yep, having friends who want to come for this crawl clear from Pasadena requires me to beg please please please two more. Wendy

Joanne Kelly and Jama

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-08-25 09:01 ]

Another day closer to our wonderful event. It's about time to start the cold paint on the decanters. Cheers, Wendy

Love'em!

C

You guys are one industrious pair.
We are all so lucky to have people like you who give so much back.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Duane

Thank you guys, its a pleasure with comments like those.
cdTiki send me a photo of you at Oasis on the PM page please.
Cheers, Wendy

Matt the Cat here,

Everything looks great for the crawl, I have no problem with a few over, there will be "no-shows" .

Wendy.....WOW!

Can't wait!

Mookie and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Keno Kai and all the other stops.

Wendy,

I think it is safe to say your invitees are welcome. I don't think we are going to open up the registration again at this point, but once you confirm they are coming I will add them to the list. Sorry to have been so evasive as to not been able to wish you the happiest of birthday wishes...so much going on right now.

So Wendy, although I missed your day, I wish you nothing less than the best for your day. I am so impressed by your talents, I often peek back at all of your progress and simply smile! You are the best! Dan too!

And Marlene, sorry to hear of your recent injury. Speedy recovery and best wishes to you as well. Both you and Wendy hold a special place in my heart!

Psycho Tiki D...Smarter because of tiki!

Thank you Tiki Mookie, Duane has now ok'd my dear friends Joanne and Jama. They will be staying in the Buzzy Bedroom. Dan's been hanging more tikis in there so it will be more fun to see this year.

Thank you Duane, I had a wonderful birthday with Dan and being at Oasis.
I've started cold painting the decanters and remaking three that had glaze skips.

So here's the scoop. I'll have a run of 50 for $80 each no cap or lid because of the shape of the volcano. Because of that I kept the cost for buyers much lower.

I'll have 6 "seconds" that I did a lot of extra hand painting on so that the 1/2 inch glaze skip on the back edge is covered and looks fine. These are $50 each.

I'll have some glaze tests that are the same on the front but have different glaze colors on the other sides and top. There are $100 each and are 1/1's.

I'll have every one in my car starting with the first crawl location and from then on. Now I've got to get back to work. I fell badly on our way to Oasis and fractured a piece of bone off my right ankle and possible the same thing to my left knee. I didn't know until I had x-rays this week. I have to see an orthopedic surgeon next Tuesday morning. After walking on that foot for three weeks he said based on my x-rays I need to use crutches. We'll be there on Tiki Tuesday even if I have to crawl. Sorry Marlene that you will not be there. I have to go so I can get all the healing hugs. I send you one digitally. Love you all, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-09-04 16:34 ]

Wendy, healing mana on the way for you and Marlene.

Adding Joanne and Jama to the list of guests. Just shy of one month away.

Alan will be making the badges and the question has been asked about names?

Do the registered guests want to use their TC names or the their registered names?

Please let us know by the end of the week.

Thanks,

PTD

Thanks so much Matt, see you Tuesday?

Duane, I like Wendy - danlovestikis
and for Dan Dan - wendylovestikis

It's getting so close now that I've been working 12 hour days to get these done. I've now identified 6 "seconds" so I'm making from scratch 8 replacements just in case any of those fail inspection. By no means are any of them perfect like Tiki Farm productions. I just do my best and hope you are all happy with them.

This weekend I painted white flowers, art shapes, and 50 of the words Tiki Bob's. We hosed off the 8 newly bisqued decanters and I painted all six sides and the volcanoes. Today it is time to paint Bob's face.

If anyone wants one and is not on the list send me a PM. I will ship to those on the list who do not make it to the crawl or are out of town - if I have any left.

I can only fit three decanters into the home oven at a time to set the cold paint. Poor Dan I'll be baking for 38 hours and he likes a cool home!

The photo also shows two wall plaques I made out of ruined decanters. Dan's grabbed those as one of his rewards for helping me every step of the way.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-09-05 10:20 ]

You are amazing Wendy & Dan...those look so awesome. Looking forward to crawl.

Second that motion that Vamp said.The decanters are looking absolutely amazing Dan and Wendy !
Vamp I wish both you and Wendy speedy recoveries .

Another cancellation, so one opening is now available if anyone is interested.

PTD

C
cdtiki posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2011 8:52 PM

That's a lot of Bob!

T

Hello everyone,

If one more cancels Tonja and I would like to go. We went last year and enjoyed ourselves with the Sacramento Ohana. I have a decanter reserved under "The Quin" from Wendy and Dan as well.

Bill

Hi Vamp we both need to be well for the crawl. I hope each day you are better. Next to Oasis it's my favorite event. Thanks 1961Surf. You should sign up and come up here for all the fun. Hey cdTiki no kidding that's a lot of tiki's. I painted Bob faces all day and night yesterday. I'll start baking them in our home oven on Thursday. Hot outside and hot inside too. Cheers, Wendy

And this is only 27 of the 50 showing.

Wendy,

Everything is looking awesome, you really outdid yourself this time and I am sure the decanter will be a long sought after collectible after the crawl is over! Thank you again so much for lending and affording your talents to our crawl (Dan too)!

All registerd guests...we are 25 short days away from this event. Choptop will be making the event badges for the registered VIP's and he will need to know if you want your registered name or TC name on the badge. So far I have only heard back from one person (cdtiki)who wants to use his TC name. Anyone else? If so, please post your civillian name on this thread and your TC name by no later than Friday September 16th.

Alan,

For Duane Orzol-use Psycho Tiki D

For Ami Tilmann-use tikihammer

For Rogers Orzol-use Psycho Tiki D's Dad

Thanks,

PTD

Thanks Duane. I have one load left to bake in the house oven. the boxes arrive tomorrow. I need to make a card for the decanters. When someone buys a decanter they have the option of buying one of the run for $80 or a second for $50 or both.
I have a very few special glazes that are 1/1's for $100 each. I'll have them at every stop during the two day crawl.

Choptop we would like ours as;

Wendy - danlovestikis

Dan - wendylovestikis

Our friends would like;

Jama

Joanne

no capitals on the TC name part

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-09-12 23:09 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 608 replies