Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 197 replies

Aloha tiki tribe! The Body Glove Sea Creature & 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug set.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the Skate Decks That have gotten my Tiki-Art on them (so far).

Tales From the Tiki Lounge as a Skate Deck.

Dracula, The Creature and Frankenstein as Well hung Skate Decks

Tiger Shark Surfing Skate Deck

The Creature, Frankenstein, Hawaii-Ween, Dracula, The were wolf of Waikiki as Decks.
Aloha
BP~

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Here' s two small / matched paintings. (top) Beach Tiki, (bottom) Lava Tiki

incredible artwork and very professional! i like!!!!

Brad, I love your work! You've been a big influence on me as a beginning artist. Just got some of your wood block prints and they are amazing!!!! Pre-ordered the mugs and we can't wait!!!! I saw you post some pics of the body glove painting as a woodblock print, will those be for sale?
Thanks! Gus and Steff

Zombie - so far they will not be wood block prints, but tee shirts. I can't find a good wood block guy! The tee shirts are gonna be great thought!

An art parton, and friend, put together this very swank music montage of my work and my favorite song by his metal band LEFTHEAD called "edwin". ( I was thinking maybe "Tiki" by Martin Denny, but this is interesting too!) Quite a strange mix of images - but I like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrIvgWn7CY&feature=youtu.be![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/5514/5203663a.jpg)
OKAY - we had a better idea, and the first version was done rather quickly, so we are makeing a better one! you can find it here: Aloha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4 — with Kevin Hipp.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-08 18:23 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! Aloha Tiki Tribe! Here is the new improved very 1st "Tiki-Shark" & "LEFTHEAD" music video with the song "edwin" by metal extraodinare band "LEFTHEAD" and "Low-Brow" & "Tiki-Art" images by Tiki-Shark! Give 'er a look-see! Aloha & RAWK! ( ...and maybe a thumbs up, ... p l e a s e... ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Please enjoy this "music video" of one of my favorite Martin Denny tunes: "Tiki" & "Quiet Village" with a little slide show of some Tiki-Art from Tiki-Shark. ALOHA! http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaAvY

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 05:51 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

• this ink drawing is named "Pig Rider"!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 22:59 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This is a study I did for a painting - "The Red Tiki" :

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 22:59 ]

KK

Wow! Awesome work Brad! Cant wait to see the 2nd version!

"Two Tikis" The original painting is a commissioned piece. Acrylic on canvas. 24" x 18". It holds several key elements that are meaningful to the art patrons who purchased it. It tells a tale of Weird Wild Waikiki with buildings as tall and dark as tiki idols themselves mixing in Gotham City with the best tourist destination in the world, while a VOG enshrouded sunset sets rambunctious waves alight with orange light, and flings swirling purple and red stars out into the approaching tropical twilight. A lurid Green Tiki Lounge beckons adventurous travelers, while local feline hunters start their night time stalking of real or imagined prey in sandy beaches sparkling with the mixed light from a twinkling evening sky.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-18 00:30 ]

Brad - is the Ghost Shark print available anywhere ?
I thinks its awesome and the rest of your work is incredible
too!

On 2013-08-17 20:10, Tikimanocean wrote:
Brad - is the Ghost Shark print available anywhere ?
I thinks its awesome and the rest of your work is incredible
too!

Tikimanocean - thanks!

The Ghost Shark was Tiki Painting number four. I didn't start getting them professionally photographed for print creation until Painting Number 9!
It's hanging in a very nice low-Brow tiki art collection in So Cal… but there are no prints of it. Sorry. I was new to the whole fine art biz, I didn't know if It'd ever make any more paintings… or if I'd be able to even paint THAT one half ways nice looking… so, … oh well. I started documenting my work with painting number 9...

• The Sunken Tiki".

Then, I missed # 10 (the Tourist) and I missed...

#15 "Menehunes come out at night",

...all the others, after wards have been photographed.
BP~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-18 00:37 ]

KK

I was heavily into skateboarding, "Faster than Disaster" makes for a cool skateboard deck!

[ Edited by: Kai Koa 2013-09-04 14:35 ]

Cool deal keep up thd good work it is the best I have seen love it!

Have you ever done any underwater scenes with spearfishing?

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-19 16:38 ]

Tikimanocean - not as yet...some under water scenes... but no spear fishing yet. Great idea though! Thanks!

Beyond the Reef

The Sunken Tiki
My latest (best-est)

The Body Glove Sea-Creature / 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mugs
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

"The Tourist"
was destroyed. And I mean ...really destroyed with anger. Torn into 4 pieces. A strange tale... I wasn't going to save it, but i dig those little clouds...
However , it might give me a chance to have some fun and Frankenstein Sew- it back together, and add on more painting.... for my next show at La luz de Jesus Gallery in 2014 (July) . Whatdoyathink?

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-24 19:36 ]

KK

That's crazy news Brad, but don't toss it, definitely do something with it, your idea sounds great!

Thanx... it should be fun!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

My tiki Brothers & tiki Sisters I have a tiki tale to to tell you.
Come close to the fire...
I was there... I saw it all.

It is a tale of Tiki-Mugs!

Maybe the best Tiki-Mugs of all, or, at least I think, the best Tiki-Mugs I have ever made!

I created a joint project with Surf Brand BODY GLOVE and Tiki Farm.

In 60 years of business, Body Glove had never produced a tiki mug. NEVER. This was Body Glove's 60 year Anniversary!

The Tiki-Mugs came out great!

I based them on a Tiki-Art painting, that had I based on their "award winning" short film promoting "Surf photography" for the TRANS WORLD SURF MAGAZINE SURF FILM contest.

We beat out such brands as Nike and Billabong.

It was a monster movie: sort of "the Body Glove pro-surf team" meets "the Creature from the Black Lagoon" done in a "the Blair Witch Project" style.

Brilliant. Fun. Very entertaining and it blew the other films away.
It's called "The Disappearance" and it's made by Body Glove pro-surfer / film maker Greg Browning.

The set of three Tiki-Mugs are...

1. the Body glove 60 year anniversary tiki.
  2. the Shark-Tiki. and
    3.) the Body Glove Sea Creature.

I designed mugs so complex I thought no one could recreate all their detail.
But Tiki Farm did!
In glorious detail!
Wow they are amazing!

So, after seeing how great the mugs came out, my art agent, Abbas, thought we should have a tiki-mug release party to help sell mugs.
He started promoting.
He wanted it to be special, to be here in Hawaii, in Kona, Hawaii.

My Art-gent talked the people from Body Glove into coming - the Meistrell Family; who have owned the brand for 3 generations... to come help sign mugs, and tee shirts, and art prints.
They agreed.

Wed night October 23rd. A special V.I.P. Body Glove Cruise was held...

...to get everyone together to get ready for the big party for the next few nights.

Thursday night October 24th, we opened the party at the Royal Kona Resort.
FREE TO THE PUBLIC!
It's the only resort on the Big Island that still has TIKIS on property, very old style.
It has a Don the Beachcomber's Mai-Tai Bar in the open Air lobby looking out over the Kona Bay.
The perfect place to enjoy a Mai-Tai and watch a Sunset.

The Royal Kona Resort respond by making a special "CREATURE Cocktail", ~(with Beach Bum Berry's help I heard) ~
It's called "The CREATURE"... I think I had more than 4, that Thursday night ...but...but I lost track...

It is a great cocktail...researched through archives of the old Hawaiian Hilton which was what this old hotel used to be.
It has Absinthe in it!

Still, my art-agent, Abbas, was not done yet.

Special Body glove Sea Creature Tee-shirts to mark the event were made and sold.

The Royal Kona Resort hired one of the best Hawaiian hula dance troops to perform an ancient Hawaiian blessing,

...and a very exciting and sexy hula
(in which I was some how singled out and ended up on stage with four stunning hula girls!) I think my agent had something to do with all this. For sure.

Then the Mayor of the Big island's office came and gave a speech about how happy and honored the Big island was to have Body Glove here.

Then the Governors office came and spoke at length how happy they were We had brought Body glove to the Big Island. They presented us with an Official Proclamation stating that now and forever, October 24th is "BODY GLOVE DAY IN HAWAII"

Really. I'm not kidding!

Then, my art-agent, Abbas got Grammy-nominated, & highest-record-selling-Hawaiian-performer; Henry KAPONO to give a "FREE to the public" concert that night of the party. Henry changed his touring schedule to be there!
When Henry Kapono finished, I went up on stage and gave him an "art print" of "Tiger shark Surfing" because I am a big fan & he is a surfer.
He told me he was a big fan of my work too. (!)

(WOW!

Then, the president of Body Glove, Russ Lesser, came with his "Surf Music Band" to play for free, (after Kapono.) Nice.

Then, Body Glove hired local music legend "L.T. Smooth" to fill out the evening's music - which he did, with 5 ..or maybe it was 7, ovations!

He brought down the house! HE RAWKED!

Anyways, it was amazing. thousands of people came, October 24th, Thursday night.

EVEN... The Body Glove SEA-CREATURE (guy in a Hollywood monster suit used in the film )

made an appearance on the RED CARPET ton get photos taken with any and all.

Three local radio stations covered it. Lava 105 did a live broad cast from the event.

I was interviewed twice in the morning drive show, and got to talk to Hawaii about "Tiki-Art and Tiki Culture".

It was an amazing event. I didn't thing anyone would, or even could, officially change the calendar to help sell Tiki-Mugs!

When you give to the Big Island community , they really give back. The Aloha was tremendous.
We signed a lot of swag, and a lot of people had a great time.

Then we did it all AGAIN a 2nd night at the "Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery".

On behalf of the Wyland Gallery & their defense, they did (& continue to do) a amazing job for us. First they showed my low-brow tiki-art back when no gallery would touch me. Now they display me in their front window, and their staff understands terms like "low-Brow" And Kitchy, and TIKI-Culture.

I can tell u for a fact that our little sleepy fishing village of Kailua-Kona does not experience events of this importance, historic significance, and scale very often! A couple of items may have fell thru the cracks but were well taken care off in the end.They had NEVER done anything like this. The Big island had never done anything like this. And it kept getting bigger and bigger as we went - ever growing and changing like a kaiju coming up from the depths of the Pacific Ocean. It was a huge event. It caused traffic jams on the main road. It shook the trees and "a few nuts fell out" ... (and yes one of the biggest nuts was me - for sure!) ...but nothing compared to the love and support and Aloha that most everyone showed us.

Then, on October 25th, Friday night, we did it all again...

... at the "Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery".

Except, this time Mayor Billy Kenoi of the Big Island came himself to shake our hands and give us another
Official Proclamation from the County of the Big Island Of Hawaii saying; Yeah, it still is now and for ever, on October 24th "Body Glove Day" in the State of Hawaii.

I also created a original piece of Surf-Art : Body Glove owner Bill Meistrell donated (gave ... for FREE) a SURF Board from Body Glove, used in the 80's by the Surf Team in competition, and then hand painted by me, on and off for about 2 years till if told me it was a finished piece of "Tiki-Art" and Surf history. IT SOLD that night.

And we signed a lot more swag...

and even more ...

Both nights we had a really great local bakery made cake...Gallery ordered "Banana Creme" my favorite!

There was also a local artist named J. Tiki Who created lamps out of the Tiki Mugs. Really cool!

Did it all go perfectly smoothly?
No.
How could it?
Kona had NEVER done anything this big and crazy before.
It kept changing as we were creating it.
The mayor and the governor are on their own time not any one else's... so we never were sure till it happened what , or how far they would go.
But, wow, they went all the way!

"HA HA HA! to all those snooty galleries who told me "Tiki is dead"... years ago! Guess not, huh?!"

It was amazing!
Everyone one came away with some good memories! If they didn't, I don't know how they could get through life.
Really, this was pure FUN! Tiki is still the GOD of art and leisure!
We worked like heck to make it happen,we were sweating, a total panic most of the time right up to the event, but... bliss when it all fell together!

Big Aloha nui loa Tiki Tribe!!!
If you were here you know.
If you were not, sorry...
Thank you again to EVERY-one who helped make Body Glove's 60th Anniversary Event and Tiki-Mug release party the great 2-day event it was! Making "Body Glove Day" an official day in the State of Hawaii. Mahalo nui loa! IF you missed out being in Kailua-Kona Hawaii last Thursday and Friday go to this link and see all the amazing happenings!

http://damontucker.com/2013/10/25/body-glove-turns-60/ — at Royal Kona Resort.

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-10-29 04:45 ]

Pencil study for the "RED TIKI LOUNGE " painting
Pencil on paper 8" x 11"

Pencil sketch for "Dracula Drinks a Mai-Tai"
Pencil on Paper 8" x 11"

Crab-Tiki
Pencil on paper 8" x 11"

"Ghost -Tiki"
Pencil on Paper
8"x 11"

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
LOTS HAS GONE ON SINCE LAST ITME I POSTED ON THIS, WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST MY ART PORTFOLIO, BUT SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN LOT SO TOERH STUFF IN IT. OH WELL.
Anyways I just finished making a painting into a new beach towel design that was worth of mention , and showing here.
So, I present humbly for your pleasure "The Moon of Manakoora" the Beach Towel:

KK

Wow, looks amazing, great work Brad!

J

Great looking towel! I might need one of those to go with my print!

Excellent work! The mugs are awesome!

Aloha TikiTribe,

"The Red Tiki Lounge"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

This has a lot going on in it....

here's a better look I think...

Detail showing the super hero (She-Bat) looming above her tiki-noir night ....

Here's another detail. A lot going on....

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2014-04-24 17:35 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This is a Music Video made by an Art Patron, about the creation of "The Sea Witch".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlKWNcvVcLw&feature=youtu.be

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

At the Brand New Dive N Surf - Home of Body Glove HQ international…

Inside, in a case of historical surf-treasures, are:
1.) The Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki Mug

2,) The Shark -Tiki / Body Glove Tiki-Mug …

And #3 - The Big Guy. The Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki Mug.
All saved forever in nice display case with tons of other cool Body Glove Memorabilia.
If you are in Redondo Beach, California, Check it out!

Aloha tiki Tribe!

"Token Tiki on a Sincere-Blue Back-Ground"

24" x 30"

Acrylic on Canvas

This painting made it's debut at the July 4th Art-Show at La Luz De Jesus Gallery in Hollywood (the birthplace of the low-brow art movement)

Out of the Seven new original [paintings shown it was one of the two not pre-sold before the show opened.
Giclee art prints will be up for sale through my art studio "Tiki Shark Hawaii Inc"
[email protected]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"The Wanderer"

15" x 30"

Acrylic on Canvas

it's based on a a famous "Romantic Style " painting.

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (German: Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer;
also known as Wanderer Above the Mist) is an oil painting composed in 1818
by the German Romantic artist Caspar David Friedrich.
This is my low-Brow, Tiki-Art version.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This is a little playing around in Photo-shop. Using "patina" and "scratch" filters from DC comics (same they use to make comic cover art look vintage - I got them from LLT) I made "Token Tiki on a Sincere Blue Back-Ground" look "antique".

"Token Tiki on a Sincere-Blue Back-Ground" (antique version).
If anyone likes this, please contact info @tikishark.com and ask for Art Prints of it,
not sure if I'll make them yet, but I might if I get requests.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Had a dream. In the dream had a great idea for a painting. A painting about the "Night Marchers" - which I've wanted to paint them for a long time, but I could never get a good visual idea of how to paint them. Then, I had this really strange and vivid dream.
OK!
First step is work up some great "Night Marcher" Tiki design Ideas.

Night Tiki 01
Pencil on paper
Study for a painting.

P

neat stuff Brad. :)

LOVE your work!
Keep it up, it is so cool!

Aloha Tiki-Tribe!
Sometimes art hopes out into the world and has adventures of it's own with it's new owners. "The Tourist" certainly did. It ended up torn into pieces, with a note, in a sac,k on someone's door step.

It was given back to me as the doorstep didn't belong to the person who purchased "The Tourist". The note read "Don't sod me any favors". Seems a broken heart was involved somehow. The pieces ended up with me. I took them to my framer. She thought it was "...even more beautiful!"

It's now called "Vacation Gone Wrong."
Framed in a Heavy Bamboo Box-Frame with black velvet backing. Gives it a swanky look.

T

Don't sod me any favors? Not don't do me any favors? strange. Nice save though. :)
aloha, tikicoma

HA! Oops! My spell check keeps changing my words on me! No no, you are correct it was "Don't do me any favors." on the mysterious note…

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Dragon Wrapped Tiki!
Here's a drawing that will make a fine painting one day I hope.
It's an idea that has been lurking in my mind since I saw Big Toes' painting "Fink-Dragon" so many years ago.

"Scardy Cat meets the Ghost of Exotica"
or…

"Haunted Hotel Honolulu"

24" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas.
to be part of my 2016 show at "La Luz De Jesus Gallery".

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 197 replies