Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Bamboo Ben stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 199 replies

C
cy posted on Fri, Mar 18, 2016 5:03 PM

Very cool build and video!

I don't have a picture of a new Bamboo Ben masterpiece to share at the moment, but came across a fun surprise the other day.

We were traveling so I picked up the latest book in Jill Marie Landis' Tiki Goddess mystery series for the flight. These are very light reading but fun. They take place on Kauai and the characters often visit real-life locations and businesses (lots of the action takes place at a Hanalei bar that's clearly Tahiti Nui, though in that case the name is changed.)

This latest book, Hawaii Five Uh-Oh, includes a brief stop at Tiki Iniki - with a complimentary reference to Bamboo Ben!

Gave me a big grin, right there in the middle of page 121.

On 2016-06-02 21:11, bamalamalu wrote:
I don't have a picture of a new Bamboo Ben masterpiece to share at the moment, but came across a fun surprise the other day.

We were traveling so I picked up the latest book in Jill Marie Landis' Tiki Goddess mystery series for the flight. These are very light reading but fun. They take place on Kauai and the characters often visit real-life locations and businesses (lots of the action takes place at a Hanalei bar that's clearly Tahiti Nui, though in that case the name is changed.)

This latest book, Hawaii Five Uh-Oh, includes a brief stop at Tiki Iniki - with a complimentary reference to Bamboo Ben!

Gave me a big grin, right there in the middle of page 121.

MAhaloz Bama! Found it !

https://books.google.com/books?id=jBgqCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT133&lpg=PT133&dq=Bamboo+Ben+Hawaii+Five+Uh-oh&source=bl&ots=jN6t817M0M&sig=AjnOVKKcMf3oOHfrVFA8L4h2NAc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjB_vS4tozNAhVMwWMKHaJ6C-kQ6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=Bamboo%20Ben%20Hawaii%20Five%20Uh-oh&f=false

New stickerz coming soon!

Just found a couple stacks of "Bamboo Ben Was Here" stickers I thought they where long gone!
Email mrs bamboo at aol dot com if you haven't got one yet.

The new "Bamboo Ben No Tiki Drama!" stickers are in the works :wink:

Keep an eye out!

Will have some at the next few Tiki events.

Hukilau and Don the Beachcomber Tiki Makeke!

And.... Tiki Oasis of course!

Will have some at the next few Tiki events.

Hukilau and Don the Beachcomber Tiki Makeke!

And.... Tiki Oasis of course!

:lol: :D :P

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 199 replies