Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge in Kona

Pages: 1 2 74 replies

TT

You won't be disappointed, you'll want to try them all!

Congratulations...you are living the dream!!!

TT

Here's some more cocktails, this time we started off with some Zombies...

TT

Oh yeah, Sherriyaki and I ran into Mr. & Mrs. VanTiki last night...Very cool!

TT

TS

That flaming drink looked really good and enough for two or three tikiphiles. We need some names with these drinks so we know what to look for. We gotta have our list together so when we get there we don't forget what we want. Ah...never mind. You'll be able to guide us through.
TS

K
KAHAKA posted on Sun, Oct 9, 2011 6:47 PM

That triangle bowl is awesome. My wife and I are heading to Maui Thanksgiving week... Really want to hop to the Big Island to check this place out!

Love the lamps. Thanksgiving in the islands is always great - but you may have to settle for a feral chicken or pig instead of a turkey.

Here's even more cocktails to entice you...

J

The Big Island of Hawaii...

Land of volcanoes, rain forests, pristine beaches, and one of the highest points of elevation accessible by car.

And you guys are spending your vacation drinking in a bar.

Now that's TIKI !! :)

On 2011-10-10 13:21, JOHN-O wrote:
The Big Island of Hawaii...

Land of volcanoes, rain forests, pristine beaches, and one of the highest points of elevation accessible by car.

And you guys are spending your vacation drinking in a bar.

Now that's TIKI !! :)

We're allergic to the sun. :D

Yes John, we're trying to represent by spending as much time in Tiki Bars as possible when we're traveling.

Thank you for the compliment sir! :)

Oh yeah...if you finish all the drinks at Okolemaluna, you get one of these Gecko mugs. I think this one's a little fancier than most 'cause it was on of the first fifteen.

The above mug belongs to one of our new ohana, Big Island local, longtime tiki enthusiast, and now official TC member..."Rumdumpster" (the guy on the left hangin' with Sherriyaki and Mr. & Mrs. VanTiki).

TS

You guys are having a lot of fun. Can't wait to get there and meet with you. That Geko mug is way cool. Might be worth a try, huh? How far have you guys gotten to getting yours?

Yup John-O, I too am going on vacation to the big island and will likely spending much time drinking those great drinks. Mrs Slob and I will probably not be hiking volcanos or driving to the top of much. Might go horseback riding up Kohala way though. Mostly sit around on the beautiful, pristine beaches and catch tan. Maybe even some snorkeling, yeah?

See you guys tomorrow evening...

A hui hou,
TS

Chop'em, drop'em and cruise'em. It ain't cool if they don't drool!

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-10-11 08:04 ]

TT

On 2011-10-11 08:03, Tiki Slob wrote:
You guys are having a lot of fun. Can't wait to get there and meet with you. That Geko mug is way cool. Might be worth a try, huh? How far have you guys gotten to getting yours?

We're closing in on the end (of our vacation and our lists). It's definitely worth a try, you can finish up on your next visit.

See you tomorrow at Okolemaluna!

-TT

Is the Kava Bar still there?

Yeah the kava bar is still in Kona.

Thanks Tom for posting that snap shot! It's been fun hanging out with you guys, see ya all tonight!

TT

Yes Rumdumpster, we'll see you tonight along with Mr. & Mrs. Tiki Slob!
Sherriyaki will be finishing her Okolemaluna list tonight with the Volcano Bowl!!!
Here's more drink and food pics...

AT

Awesome -I'm coming in tonight for a pau-hana cocktail or three, I'll look for the TC banners and introduce myself, but I'm going to use my real name since I don't really use a screen name outside of the intranet, to keep all the stalkers away. You know how that is, right?

TT

Awesome! I'll be wearing a brown Tikiyaki Orchestra T-shirt with a light brown pineapple aloha shirt over it.

AT

On 2011-10-12 18:54, Tonga Tom wrote:
Awesome! I'll be wearing a brown Tikiyaki Orchestra T-shirt with a light brown pineapple aloha shirt over it.

Me TOOO !!! We totally are gonna party tonight ...

TT

We DID party tonight!!! Thanks for swingin' by the OTL.
BTW- You DIDN'T wear the same thing as me, but we had a great time anyways.
Good to meet another Tom! The 3 T's photo will be posted.
Thanks again for the Aloha Bowl!!!
Aloha!

TT

Tiki Slob...It was great to meet you and the Mrs. so far from home!
Have a wonderful time with the rest of your stay on the BIG island!
We'll have to meet up when we're back in SoCal...Get those tix for Tikiyaki at Don's!

TT

Mission accomplished!

Tonga Tom, Sherriyaki and Alii Tiki...
Mrs Slob and I had a great time meeting you all and Tom the bartender at Okolemaluna. We will likely swing by to meet Brice and Lisa early next week before we leave. We were sorry to hear that one of the two 3-Tiki bowls walked away unauthorized. Alii Tiki is putting an APB out on it using the picture I took of the drink before we killed it. That was a great time for us dispite the rain. Hey...I still can't remember who won the rubber ducky race. And...I remember that great couple that came from just mauka of Costco, Chris and his lady, but I cannot for the life of me remember that pretty lady's name. What is it?
Laters,
Tiki Slob

Great news !!! The bowl has been returned, the night after we were there a very apologetic person showed up with the bowl at the bar and came clean.
Apparently there was alcohol involved that clouded the decision making process. Go figure !!
Fantastic meeting all of you, let me know when you're headed back down the coast, we can go for a few more refreshing beverages.

TT

Glad to hear the bowl made it's way back home!
Here's a photos from our 2nd to last visit.
Natalie, Chris, Mr. & Mrs. Tiki Slob (Michael & Patti), Sherriyaki and Tonga Tom. Apologies for any misspellings.

Sherri & I purchased and ate Natalie & Chris' 5 lb. bag of shrimp since they were out of the country.
You can check the dishes here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34873&forum=6&start=1380

Alii Tiki, Sherriyaki & Tonga Tom

The Three Toms!!!

TS

Truely great news on the bowl return. Yea, alcohol can sometimes do that to a person. I am way glad that that person brought it back. That is sooooo coool. It renews my faith in Tiki patrons after hearing that it walked off.

And...thanks for Natalie's name. I will not forget it now...EVER! AND the picture of us all is great. Looks like a wallpaper for my PC for awhile. Shout out to Bridget for taking it. It was great to meet her too. I neglected to mention that in a previous post.

A hui hoe!

Tiki Slob

Chop'em, drop'em and cruise'em. It ain't cool if they don't drool!

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-10-20 21:10 ]

Pages: 1 2 74 replies