Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Did You Guys Know There's A TIKI JEEP???

Pages: 1 2 94 replies

W

"Woof, whatever my video link is, it is WAY more interesting then these endless threads about fez, zazz, Tiki Jeeps, Lampreys...or whatever inane things people here think are cool!"

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY. Let's all calm down a bit, take a deep breath, and think about this. I am pretty sure you didn't really mean to include the Tiki Jeep (Tiki Jeep!) on that list.

But yeah, everything else you mentioned is stupid. Thank God there's someone else cool around here.

And thank Chrysler for the Tiki Jeep (Tiki Jeep!).

I agree w/earlier post, a philippino jeepney seems like a tiki vehicle:

TM

On 2011-03-29 19:49, thePorpoise wrote:
I agree w/earlier post, a philippino jeepney seems like a tiki vehicle:

See woof? That was my post and someone else liked it! :)

there's a tiki jeep...

M

On 2011-03-29 08:03, lucas vigor wrote:
Woof, whatever my video link is, it is WAY more interesting then these endless threads about fezz, zazz, tiki jeeps, Lampreys...or whatever inane things people here think are cool!

ZAZZ IS COOL! It is so cool that it is ,well......ZAZZ! Now I think an apology is due! :wink:

M

"You are viewing a new OEM Jeep Wrangler Islander Tiki Man Tire Cover. Premium Spare Tire Covers are made of a cotton/polyester blend with heavy-duty stitching and feature an elastic anchor to securely hold the cover on the tire. These covers are custom fit to all tire sizes and are available in selected colors and logos"

Available at http://www.yourjeepmoparparts.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=328736 .
Make your vehicle into a TIKI JEEP!

W

OH MY GAWD! There's a TIKI JEEP TIKI TIRE COVER??? Dip me in chocolate and roll me in whiskey, THAT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!

H

On 2011-08-09 21:09, woofmutt wrote:
OH MY GAWD! There's a TIKI JEEP TIKI TIRE COVER??? Dip me in chocolate and roll me in whiskey, THAT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!

Now we know what it takes to get Woofmutt out of the woodwork.

Welcome back!

tiki jeep!

I had no idea there was a Tiki Jeep, I better let the folks at Tiki Central know about it!! Nothing say's tiki to me more than a Jeep.

TA

I'm so glad you guyz like my Tiki Jeep....(samurai) It's a lot of Fun to drive around town.
I take it on the road when I come back from China....

I've put alot of work into it and I try to add a little something when I come back...

Just had some SicK door handles made by my buddy CrAzy Al...!!!

And yes Girls love the CaR...!!!!

See you at the Oasis....

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2011-09-02 09:25 ]

MT

Sorry, but the Tiki Jeep's name is "Bob", not "Al". :wink:

On 2010-10-01 23:36, Mai Tai wrote:
Taken directly from the Jeep website:

The model is distinguished by “Tiki Bob” decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle...

On 2011-09-02 19:59, Mai Tai wrote:
Sorry, but the Tiki Jeep's name is "Bob", not "Al". :wink:

The model is distinguished by “Tiki Bob” decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle...

That is NOT Tiki Bob!

This is Tiki Bob!

Damn Crysler Corp. usurpers!

Bear

TA

Thatz right my cars name ISN'T "AL".... That's My Name.... And I never called her a Tiki Jeep... I called her my Tiki Mobile.... After all it's a Samurai, I didn't have the budget for a Jeep...!!!! Hell, these dayz most people don't even have money for gas....
Have to save up for a Blue Hawaii at Tiki No

Flaming Bowlz at Bahooka....!!!!

And French Zombies at the Purple Orchid...!!!!

So don't worry about the name and just enjoy the RiDe baby....!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2011-09-09 04:04 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2011-09-16 04:17 ]

MT

So, then your Tiki Mobile ISN'T a Jeep? Okay. Glad that is straightened out. The Tiki Jeep's name is Bob.

TA

I guess..??? I've never seen the Official Tiki Jeep made by Jeep, so...... It's whatever they named it.... I think it's ok but it's just a couple of stickers and a Wheel Cover..... Not a lot going on... But way better than without, I'd take it... And Tiki It OuT..!!!!

MT

What's that? What's that you say? You say you've NEVER seen the Official Tiki Jeep made by Jeep??? Well, here ya go, taken from other pages from within this very same thread:

On 2010-07-28 00:57, woofmutt wrote:
There is a **Tiki Jeep Website!!!!**

!!!!

!!!!

!

And they have PICTURES of...

THE MOTHER TRUCKIN TIKI JEEP!!!

L@@K at this seat cover:

I mean, like, OH MY GAWD!!!

Seriously, dude...LOOK AT THIS FRIGGIN SEAT COVER!!!

See it/ D'yuh see it? Can yuh see???

It's got a TIKI on it!

The Tiki Jeep seats have tikis on 'em!!!

OK, right about now I bet you're thinkin what I was thinkin right about then: Does the Tiki Jeep (TIKI JEEP!!!) come in only one color?

NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The Tiki Jeep (TIKI JEEP!!!) comes in FOUR FRIGGIN AWESOME TIKI COLORS!!!

L@@K!!!

And L@@K what the website says"

*Choose from these cool colors:

• Black
* Stone White  
* Surf Blue  
* Bright Silver

Did yuh get that??? They're not just ordinary colors...They're cool colors! (And like "Stone White" could totally be like "Stoner White" if yuh just replaced the word "Stone" with "Stoner"!!! HA!)

TIKI JEEP!!!

On 2011-08-09 00:04, mrsmiley wrote:
"You are viewing a new OEM Jeep Wrangler Islander Tiki Man Tire Cover. Premium Spare Tire Covers are made of a cotton/polyester blend with heavy-duty stitching and feature an elastic anchor to securely hold the cover on the tire. These covers are custom fit to all tire sizes and are available in selected colors and logos"

Available at http://www.yourjeepmoparparts.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=328736 .
Make your vehicle into a TIKI JEEP!

And if all of that wasn't mind bogglingly dome melting enough, please re-read that last sentence, wherein it is stated that the Tiki Jeep's name is BOB!!!

And where oh where do these "latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle..." have BOB navigate you to? Some distant exotic Mid-Century Tiki Port O' Call? Shag's secret underground bunker? My guess would be Monolux.

TA

Thankz...I meant I've never seen one in person, on the road, anywhere....!!!
Just in this post.... Was it ever sold on the west coast..???
I went to the web site but all I could find was the RUBICON....???
Also... Does anyone on TC own one of these Rare Jeeps...???
Has anyone seen one on the Road...??? I've been up & down
the coast of Cal... To Tiki Events,
Car Shows and other thing were you'd think to see one....
So far only on this post..??? Very Weird...???
I'd love to know....

[

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2011-09-26 02:09 ]

W

Hold it now, let me get this clear...

THERE'S A TIKI JEEP???

Awesome!

I mean...

AWESOME!!!

For the record, Tiki Al, pert near anyone can take a Jeepesque vehicle and put time and thought into turnin it into a one-of-a-kind funky and cool ride.

But if yuh want a Tiki Jeep (Tiki Jeep!), a mass produced vehicle with an actual tiki decal on it, yuh gotta have a big wad of cash and yuh gotta go to the effort of actually walkin into a Jeep dealership to buy it. Also yuh'd have to pick one of the four colors the Tiki Jeep (Tiki Jeep!) comes in. That's why only a Tiki Jeep is a Tiki Jeep. TIKI JEEP!

TA

Yep... Anyone can... And I think more people should.... But like you said, they have to get up and DO IT....!!!! So far I don't think to may have.... A lot of people talk about doing stuff and that's about as far as they will Ever take it...
I don't know if there is or not...??? I've NEVER seen one in the wild... Have you..??? Has anyone..??? Sure my ride isn't a JeeP but it's real... We can take her for a spin & an have a Tiki AdvenTure.... But as far as a Really "Tiki Jeep" goes I don't know anyone who has one.... Do you, does anyone..???

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2011-10-02 23:05 ]

W

"...As far as a..."Tiki Jeep" goes I don't know anyone who has one...Do you...?" -Tiki Al-

Well that's just great.

I have only recently been able to make it soundly through the night without bein waked up by yet another horrific nightmare of owning a Tiki Jeep which somehow gets destroyed (usually by one of my Tiki Central "friends").

Of course what makes the nightmare all the worse is that I awake to a reality in which I do not actually own a Tiki Jeep! Thanks a heckuva lot for ripping open that old wound.

Looks like tonight I'll once again have to turn to my tried and true sleep aid...

Tiki Jeep Sweet Sleep

1 pint Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream
1 pint rum
1 dozen Oreos

Let the Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey soften slightly at room temperature for 15 or 20 minutes. Put the softened ice cream into a pitcher. Fill the empty Ben & Jerry's carton with rum and pour the rum into the pitcher. Carefully mix the rum and ice cream. Pour into a very large glass and garnish with the Oreos. Consume until drowsy.

TIKI JEEP!!!

TA

I'm Sorry... I didn't mean to Bum you out.... You can always
do it yourself like I did.... Get some of your Tiki Friend
to give you a hand....It's fun to do and people will Luv it...

Even the Catz...!!!

By the way Great Drink Idea...!!!!!

TA

It's Great to Dream about a Tiki Jeep and maybe some day
having one....But I think More people need to Tiki Out
their own RiDes....
Tiki Ford, Tiki Toyota, Tiki P.T., Hell... Tiki Chopper
and so on.... Make it Real...!!!! Don't sit around waiting
for someone to make it for you...Or you'll sit your life away....
Time to get off the Couch people and start Cutting Bamboo...
Show people your TiKis and be Proud...!!!!

[ Edited by: tiki al 2011-10-03 01:46 ]

W

Just like "nothing else is Silly Putty®", nothing else is a Tiki Jeep. (Tiki Jeep!)

They're actually all over the place.

Yet another Tiki Jeep

They're just not around Tiki bars all that often.
Buzzy Out!

T

On 2011-09-19 23:59, Tiki Al wrote:
Was it ever sold on the west coast..???
Also... Does anyone on TC own one of these Rare Jeeps...???
Has anyone seen one on the road?

As far as I know, it was sold on the west coast. Not sure if it was
available in CA... lots of restrictive regulations there. Only 5,000
were built & they were all pre-sold to dealers in a 3-day period.
They are an "update" of the Islander edition that was offered 20
years earlier. The 20yo Islanders have a "sunset" logo at the bot-
tom of the door and likely some Islander badging of SOME kind.
NOT sure of any other features of the 20yo version.
Well, I own one of the 2010 models, a 2-door in "Surf Blue". It
now has 47,000 miles on it. I ended up getting one of the "Tiki
Bob" spare tire covers as well (the s. t. c. runs about $80 from
Jeep parts).
I see others on the road here in MI from time to time (including
one EXACTLY like mine in Brighton MI) PLUS I saw a 20yo one
at a gas station in Battle Creek AND know of a used car lot in
the Detroit metro area with a red 20yo version for sale for $5k
(no tiki graphics, of course).

W

OMG...YOU OWN A TIKI JEEP???

Can I touch you?

T

On 2011-10-27 08:16, woofmutt wrote:
OMG...YOU OWN A TIKI JEEP???

Can I touch you?

Yep, free & clear.
NO!

BTW, the $80+ spare tire cover fits a 32" tire such as the Islander comes equipped with.

W

Yet another Tiki Jeep wannabe.

tiki jeep!

HJ

That "natural products one" didn't look exactly like the original photo.

'Thinkin' the original photo is more Haole Jim style...his Cherokee's 19 now and a bit long in the tooth.

MT

A Visit From The Queen of England

The other night while nestled all snug in my bed, while visions of Tiki Jeeps danced in my head
Out in the driveway there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter
When what to my wandering eyes did appear, but an emblem named Tiki Bob, and latitude and longitude coordinates that represent an actual location relating to the “Islander” theme of the vehicle
With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment that it must be the Queen of England.
Tiki Jeeps into my house proceeded to enter, and sat down at my dining room table center
"I'm the real Tiki Jeep!" one of them decried! "Not true" said another, "He's chock full of lies!!!"
"For I am the real Tiki Jeep that's named Bob! The other is just some poor imposter slob!"
"And I was about to grift you real good, steal all your tikis, hide them under my hood!"
"But this imposter did beat me to the punch. He stole my i.d. before I stole your lunch!"
"He even stole my grift, which was daring, of stealing your tikis and not even caring!"
"STOP IT! I shouted, "I've heard more than ENOUGH!!! I'll have no more of all your lies and this stuff!!!"
"I'll sort out this matter, for this is no fun!" and I ran to my bureau and pulled out my gun.
"I'll force you to tell me the truth on this matter, or promptly your brains I surely will spatter!"
Then I ran back to the table, and indeed I ran quick, but the two jeeps had vanished, lickety split!

"Now you'll never know who the real Tiki Jeep was." said the Queen of England.

The end.

Bill! where you been...

There's a "TIKI JEEP!!!" in my neighborhood, and I'll swear to you if I don't laugh every time I see it, thinking of this thread.

W

I'd completely forgotten there was a Tiki Jeep.

OH MY GAWD THERE'S A TIKI JEEP!!!

Good thing I was plannin to get drunk tonight cuz otherwise I'd have to get drunk in celebration of my rediscovered knowledge of the goldang monkey lovin gas guzzlin terra firma rippin TIKI JEEP!!!

there is a tiki jeep.

W

I don't get around to Tiki Central much anymore since the remodel added windows to the lounge, they dropped the Fully Fried Fridays midnight buffet, and half the joint is now a "family friendly"restaurant with a clown themed party room but I was wonderin if anyone has Tiki tattoos and I've heard there's a Tiki jeep...Is this true?

TR

Yeah i have a 2010 4door silver jeep islander w lift kit 35's and rancho 9000's

T

[ Edited by: Tele295 2016-10-28 19:07 ]

MT

What is the latest word on the Tiki Jeep?!?

OMG!!! WHILE WE WERE ALL ASLEEP THEY RELEASED A 2021 TIKI JEEP WRANGLER SUV!!! I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE EVER SEEN SO MUCH TIKI IN ONE PHOTO!!! new_tiki_jeep01

[ Edited by Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2022-03-16 19:38:05 ]

Wow, that's so tiki it deserves a forum of its own!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Mar 26, 2022 11:03 AM

Everyone is excited by this momentous news! Sooo tiki!

JEEP NEWS | TIKI BOB IS BACK!
https://youtu.be/fhmnewe0yfc

It could probably pull the Tiki Caravan? A468468c0 ac58e2fb63adfe30805ca7f407290450--vintage-caravans-vintage-trailers

there's a Tiki Jeep???

Pages: 1 2 94 replies