Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

McTiki Stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 353 replies

P

good stuff Andy...

I love the rising sun!

P

McTiki,

Awesome work as usual...This last piece is incredible...Giving me some ideas for my own...Thanks

Paul

C
cy posted on Tue, May 15, 2012 8:10 AM

Great looking new work McTiki!

I can't believe you got that undercut on the branch in the upper section! In pine as well, super cool.

Wow...Love It!
Great colors...the undercuts are amazing....super idea....
wonderful and inspiring piece.
Move to the head of the class.

M

Thanks guys.

Not that these panels are rushable, but, I really have slowed down as a result of my wife's health. I have another panel right behind this one. Not as big though. The undercuts are so tedious that you have to get the tool inside then turn it on, and likewise for removing it from the work area. I have learned a great deal through painful scrappage. (Elaborate firewood)

Thanks again!

Mahalo

McTiki

A

Loving the panel and sending your wife well wishes.

danggggggggggggggggg
rockinnnnnnnnn

On 2012-05-15 06:31, McTiki wrote:

Crazy COOL!

Saw this on Greg's "I dig it" Wednesday and had to come here to check it out. Amazing stuff, McTiki! Love the colors and how everything just flows together so nicely!

This board is really entertaining.
Tells a great story.
Lots going on there.
Home run.

P

agreed!

This is a great piece...you're building up quite the collection of killer stuff over there...

and I hope everything is ok at home too! wife doing ok?

M

Thank you all for the comments! Means alot to me.

I have ammassed at least 2 Trader Vics worth of stuff around this place. Seems time to purge, but, I am no salesman, nor marketing savvy. Some day. In the meantime, I enjoy it all to myself. If anyone has a liking to any that have been posted here, please feel free to inquire via here or PM!

Jeff, the wahine is at a turning point begining next week. We will know more after that. She has lost weight down to the point that I'm ready to give her to the hospital for internal nutrients and hydration. She is down to 100 lbs. Pretty scary to witness. Its like sleeping next to a bicycle frame if you know what I mean.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Soon....very soon....I would like to report that I am hunting for virgin logs and the wahine being well.

Mahalo

McTiki

P

wow...

I hope she gets better man....

sending lots of positive vibes your way...

M

Got a couple of things done over the weekend...

I have this design called a MerTiki.....this was the first.....The Wahine wanted it refurbished and put indoors....Done!

3.5 foot Palm

This one was done last week but, I didn't post it here...

16 x 12 x 2 Bone Head....

Got this panel done....Water Turkey Warriors....15.5 X 12 x 2 Pine

Good progress on a new panel....20 x 12 x 2 Pine

Thanks for the nice words!

Mahalo

McTiki

Tis a brave man who wears the kilt in January.

[ Edited by: McTiki 2012-05-29 03:42 ]

You are the panel man.
Who knew it?

Dude! nice work.. Mertiki is sweet! Really creative and whimsical panels. I like that you carve deep. No fear :D

T

Dang, I missed those last few pieces! Incredible stuff. Great color. Luv the panel of course!

P

x2 on Will's comment...

these panels are getting ridiculous bro!!!

Dangggggggggggg, u on fire
Awesome

Beautiful work. I love the way you paint them. They just come to life. Wendy

Beautiful work, McTiki. I just ran through the whole thread for a McTiki Retrospective and enjoyed every minute of it.

A

I must echo Professor G's remarks. I went through your gallery a couple weeks back and had forgotten how many great carvings you have shared with us. I know you will have more surprises for us but for now I believe you have really hit your stride on those panels. NICE !

good job on the 'mertiki' too!

M

Thank you!

Here is a 20x12x1 panel that was fun. A Moai soul arching on a wave.

Before:

After:

Update of the Tiki Bug panel:

Thanks for looking!

Mahalo

McTiki

Panels are looking great! Good work!

C
cy posted on Mon, Jun 11, 2012 7:40 AM

Very distinctive McTiki, really like the treatment you give to the leaves and palm trees.

Ya buddy,
They look great.
The color, the story.
Any body would be thrilled to have one of those.

Very cool stuff McTiki. Looks like you are having a lot of fun
with these panels...and they're fun to look at too. A nice and
light...but very well done...change of pace!

P

hell yeah Andy!

I dig the little surfer guy! well, actually I really like both of 'em...

A
amate posted on Mon, Jun 11, 2012 3:59 PM

On 2012-06-11 07:57, Will carve wrote:
Any body would be thrilled to have one of those.

What'd I tell ya Mc? Good stuff! :wink:

M

Thanks. ...... Ohana

I think for rare exceptions......I will tone the colors down to what is only achievable with wood stains such that the grain can still speak through the colors. Vibrant was fun, but, a lot of grain features are lost.

Mahalo and thanks for looking.

McTiki

Hmmmm.... its hard to tell if I like them or not from the pics you posted here... I think you should send the panels to me (Signed, numbered and with certificates of authenticity of course) so I can hang them in my home and really get a good look at them... could take many years :lol:

Outstanding work McTiki!! The Carving, Colors and Themes are terrific. I guess you could say "you've carved out a sweet little niche for yourself!" I can't wait to see more panels!

TC Rocks!

Yes!

Awesome

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2012-06-15 14:09 ]

M

Thanks for the comments!

I finished the carving portion of this 3 foot panel named "Hau' Oli Kai"

Should be staining after an hour or two of OCD sanding/burning.

Thanks for looking...

Mahalo

McTiki

I'm really, really looking forward to seeing this one.

lookin good

M

Thanks guys...

Here is "Hau' Oli Kai" 3 foot panel finished

Mahalo

McTiki

I am really lovin these panels! Have you considered using more texture to the background? That could give them a Van Gogh feel.

P

yeah me too..

the panels are great & keep gettin' better!

Me three.

That was quick.
Sanding, painting, showing.

Yep .... you're in the groove now!

That's working well with a bit more grain showing through, keep them coming!

Hi McTiki I'm back to see if there is another tiki design I can barrow for my Spy/Tiki painting and I found it on 4/16/12. That's a terrific design. Is it finished? We both need to get to work, Wendy

P

Andy, let's see that new one with the canoe guys....

M

Thank you. It's been too hot to carve lately.....well my urge got the better of me so immediately after pushing the old fashioned reel mower around our yard, I decided to sit down with a modest fan, and get busy. It wasn't that bad.

I finished up the roughout of the canoe guy.

And I started a secret project that the Wahine designed.

Thank you for all the nice comments.

Wendy, I PMd you.

Mahalo

McTiki

Man, That thing is nice.
How do you do that ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 353 replies