Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

looking for Evil looking Tiki statues for Tattoo Idea.

Pages: 1 9 replies

I am fascinated with Tiki art. I can remember back in the 70's being a kid, and seeing the tiki art my parents had on their walls. The progression of time has regressed this Pop culture icon back to cult status, and I want to resurrect it again in Tattoo!'anybody know where I can find good pictures of Tiki art, masks, ect?

T

Tower Records has these stickers sets available.
http://www.posterpop.com/merchandise/stickers/vonfrancostixmain.html
I hope this helps!

Chiki Tiki, aka Tiki Diablo, has a very evil lookin devil Tiki that would make a wicked tattoo.

Hey TikiTack,
I see you've posted up some work from Von Franco! Von Franco really nails it on the head when I think of old school Tiki meets krazy hot rod shifter art! The tiki/hot rod/Ca lifestyle that he embodies and puts onto canvas takes me back to a kid in the 60's trading krazy monster shifter gumpack cards with my buds. If I'd ever ink my skin, I'd go Von Franco for sure! Did any of you get to meet him and his beautiful wife Katie at Oasis? Good people!
Holden

I never got to meet them. They bought a bar from Mrs.Boo and she met them, but I never got to meet them. Maybe someday you can introduce me. Just one thing.....please don't let it be at a Big'ol'tiki bash!!!! For some odd reason, Big Ol' tiki Bashes and I don't mix. Or, Maybe they do (a little too much!!!)(we all got to cut loose sometime, right??)(did I meet Hanford that night?)

I never got to meet them. They bought a bar from Mrs.Boo and she met them, but I never got to meet them. Maybe someday you can introduce me. Just one thing.....please don't let it be at a Big'ol'tiki bash!!!! For some odd reason, Big Ol' tiki Bashes and I don't mix. Or, Maybe we do (a little too much!!!)(we all got to cut loose sometime, right??)(did I meet Hanford that night?)

V
V

Hi

If this helps, just a couple of my tatoo creations, a gecko & a stingray.

Vay

KD

Vay, excellent work! Do you do commissions for art? I want to get a Manta Ray on my thigh in the same style as your stingray that would go just above a large ankle bracelet. Email me at [email protected] if your interested.

Tricia Allen inked a traditional tiki on my leg, if you go to her web site and click the "Polynesian Flash Designs" link, under Tahiti, you can see the inspiration for my design. All my Tatau's are traditional, nothing but black ink for me, brother!
http://www.tattootraditions.alohaworld.com/tattootraditions/index.htm

Pages: 1 9 replies