Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Does Anyone Not Have Tattoos?

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

T

It's well known that I am no fan of the skin-doodling, however that being said I do have to admire the skill of THIS example and the masterly way that the third dimension has been achieved.

main-qimg-ce4fe23306ff7ac6240086a0231ef422-lq

Ditto for me. I've always been more interested in the culture & personalities of it more than participating in it, especially after acquiring my DVD of "Hori Smoku." But mostly because the ones I've seen firsthand look more like this... notebook doodles

than this... davinci

I think many who get them are attempting to buy into some sort of tribal membership, whether their tatts are tribal or no, and there's way too much tribalism out yonder these days.

13 years since I posted on this thread, still no tattoos LOL

After you get to a "certain age" you sometimes find yourself subconsciously just admiring the beauty of young skin. The smoothness, the suppleness etc. that your own no longer has. I am appalled when I see youngsters who have already used it as a scribble pad for some crap tatt. they will have for the rest of their lives.

tattoos

Snap_2023.01.30_15h38m38s_005

[ Edited by TIKIGIKI on 2023-01-29 20:50:45 ]

Holy crap...I'm just trying to envision how the owners of either of those masterpieces would ever get laid.

T

None here, what would I put on there, and where to put it.

Some can pull off a tattoo but then there are the girl next door types that get one that is just a bit much for who they are.

Oh well their body.

If I was to get one, it would need to commemorate a big event and be done by some great tattoo artist that is 80 years old with a long white beard and you have to go to some opium den in Tibet to get it done by him.

I'm not gettin one.

How you ask WDP?

In the dark I'm guessing? Maybe that's how they got their tatt too?

F
foamy posted on Thu, Mar 30, 2023 9:28 AM

Na. No tattoos. I've designed some for friends. But, I figure I'm an artist, not a canvas. Besides, at the time I had thought about getting one, they were considered (and I guess they still are) identifiers by law enforcement and I didn't know how things would end up.

[ Edited by foamy on 2023-03-30 09:29:26 ]

[ Edited by foamy on 2023-03-30 09:32:44 ]

Pages: 1 2 55 replies