Name:Tiki No
Type:bar
Street:4657 Lankershim Blvd.
City:North Hollywood
State:CA
Zip:91602-1801
Phone:

Description:
A new Tiki Bar located just north of Universal Studios. A mixture of vintage Tiki drinks and original creations. Beautiful interior done by Bamboo Ben. Large tiki posts. Nice lava rock indoor/outdoor fireplace.

JB

T

I like it !!!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Oct 18, 2010 4:46 PM

Liking' the interior too, but...

...the menus scream to be "tikified"

I'm up to the challenge if somebody can introduce me to the management for approval! G

L

Scott I saw you were there. I would like to hear what drinks you had and how they were if you could be so kind.

Interior looks awesome and the bar looks pretty big too which is always a plus.

TT

Thanks for starting the post Scott!
I will post additional pix soon, but after Tonga Hut and Tiki No last night, I'm still in recovery mode.

tiki yes!

JB

I had the Zombie, a Mai Tai and a Blue Hawaii. Both the Mai Tai and the Zombie were served in a tiki mug, which was quite nice. The Mai Tai was the classic Trader Vic's recipe and was quite good. (I'm told that it will be $5 every night of the week!).

The Blue Hawaii was actually the best Blue Hawaii I've ever had. I'm not a big fan of that drink, but this one was really good.

The Zombie was the only questionable drink. It didn't taste quite like a Zombie, though I couldn't put my finger on what was amiss. They were really open to feedback about the cocktails, so they keep tweaking their recipe throughout the evening. I tasted one that Sherryaki had ordered later on and it was much better.

Of their original creations...I tried Sherriyaki's cocktail called Cat Nip, and Tonga Tom's drink, The All Black and both were good. I also tasted a drink called Rum Pot that Marty Lush ordered that I liked...but I shall let them tell you about their drinks.

I feel fairly positive about this new tiki destination. They really want to make sure the classic drinks are right and their originals are tasty. Both Josh and Joey were very welcoming and were very interested in our feedback. Full of the Aloha spirit.

T

Does anybody know their hours of operation?!?!

Or a phone number to call to find out the hours and other pertinent information?

Clicking on the link to the website takes you to some film company's site.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 18, 2010 6:43 PM

They are not open yet, Tobunga.

GROG give it two semi-opposable thumbs up. Never seen so much bamboo used in one place! Good use of space. Nice vibe. Drinks were good. Enjoyable music, too. Bartenders Josh, and Joey were attentive, open to suggestions, and very amiable.

GROG have Blue Hawaiian--GROG like.

Tasted other people's drinks. Liked the Rum Pot, Allblack, KBC. Liked the Zombie that Sherriyaki had. Don't remember if GROG taste Catnip. Didn't care for the Noho GROG.

It's still not finished. The stuff behind the bartenders was just put up on the walls for a private party the day before, just so they'd have something up on the walls. The two sided fireplace is nice, and there's a nice smoking area.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-19 00:02 ]

JB

TT

Thanks for the call last night Scott! To reiterate what Joe Banks and GROG have said, the interior of this place looks great, and the drinks are pretty darn good too! The only thing North Hollywood needs now is a shuttle that goes between Tonga Hut and Tiki No. These photos should give you a good feel for this bar, and the fun time we had last night.

Here's a slightly more legible shot of the menu...there's also a list of drinks on the back cover as well. I think they're all blended, and the two I tried were my least favorite. Most of what I tried on the inside was pretty tasty stuff though.

This way to the bathroom...

You've got to know what time it is!

Here's the smoking patio, but they still need ashtrays

"I am the God of all Hell Fire!"

T

Wow....this place looks great ! Another Bamboo Ben classic.

L

Good to hear the cocktails are on point overall--thanks for the reply Scott.

The place looks really awesome. I wish it much success and hope to make it down there to check it out for myself :)

...and I bring you.....Awesome! I'm totally using this for my facebook profile pic! :D

"I am the God of all Hell Fire!"

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Oct 18, 2010 10:41 PM

Ole! I like it!

T

Looking forward to checking this place out, considering it's five minutes away from our house.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 12:02 AM

Joe Banks says,"Now this place is perfect!"

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-19 00:04 ]

Learn to trust in Ben!

JB

On 2010-10-19 00:02, GROG wrote:
Joe Banks says,"Now this place is perfect!"

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-19 00:04 ]

I knew something was missing!

WooHoo! Another Bamboo Ben Masterpiece. I give Tiki No Two Thumbs Up.....Tasty Drinks and an Awesome Staff in a Tiki-rrific Atmosphere. We can't wait to go back.

Sigh! Reason #8623 to move to SoCal!

J

Was this a soft opening or has the place opened officially ?? (If it was the former then thanks a lot for the "invite" Joe Banks !! :evil: )

If I Google "Tiki No", I get search results for "No Tiki, No Laundry" (!! ??).

Mekalekahaimekahainiho - Eric, no one shows up in more pictures but posts less (4 !!) than you.

Big Kahuna - Move on out !! We're saving a stool at the bar just for you.

JB

John-O, my friend...it wasn't my invite to extend. I was fortunate enough to have received an invite from Josh. If it were my party, you of course would have been invited!

This wasn't the soft opening...that will happen down the road. They don't actually have an "official" opening date just yet...still adding decor!

It appears this Fri. Oct. 22 is the soft opening.
Scroll down bottom of page 4...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37669&forum=1&start=4

Velvets by J. Sallin

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-10-21 15:18 ]

I love the old school look of the booths. And the fireplace looks awesome too. I can't wait to check it out.

I really enjoyed checking out Tiki No that night, and I look forward to seeing it again when Ben puts the finishing touches on it. It's already looking excellent. I love the individual booths, plus there's also the bar area and a "lean" area for alternate imbibing moods. I did not notice an area for live bands to play, which means the Tonga Hut still has that advantage. (How can we forget the great Tonga Hut shows by the Hula Girls and Marty Lush and his Latin Livers?!)

The main thing I want to stress is now that L.A has another cool Tiki bar (and TWO in North Hollywood), remember the share the love, people. We want everyone to stay in business with OUR business. And bring your friends.

See you when the conch blows!
(Okay that sounded more rude than clever.)

R
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.