Name:The Hideaway
Type:bar
Street:2565 Franklin Blvd
City:Sacramento
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Opened 23 October 2010. Fledgling tiki bar with a bit of a rockabilly/ rodder thing going on. Maraiah is the owner/bartender and is very open to learning the ways of the tropical and classic cocktails. Great burgers and fries w/ gravy! Finally there is again a tiki bar in Sacto.

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2010-11-07 16:43 ]

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2010-11-28 17:43 ]

R

The proprietress, Mariah

Great entertainment

Nice outdoor patio

Tiki

W

Yippee! Finally something local. Thanks for posting Matt.

That's great! It looks like it has some good potential. With a little guidance from a local volunteer Tiki Central consultant it should shape nicely.

Thank you Matt, your the best, Wendy

R

Yes, we got the feeling that Mariah is very open to anyone who wants to help her with cocktail recipies, suggestions for bar stock, CD's for the juke box, elements of tiki decor, tiki mugs, etc. This might also be a good venue for Nor Cal tiki artists to display their work?

Thanks for posting Matt. :) I enjoyed my first visit there and think we are indeed blessed to have an opportunity to work with Mariah in securing a bar in Sacramento that caters to the Tiki Ohana. She has made a great attempt to decorate with various Tiki elements and it was a hoot to know she had heard about our group and the recent Home Bar Crawl.

We are looking forward to helping support Mariah, like Matt said, with mentoring on cocktails, decor and music. Here are a couple of pictures from her Yelp page.

Mariah in front of The Hideaway.

The place is fairly large, this is the bar.

Mariah at the bar.

The Patio area.

Thanks Matt,

If she hasn't already she should get all of the drink books from the legend that is beach bum Barry. That combined with a bit of mixological experimenting is a good thing. I volunteer for the position of guinea pig for her experiments.

Martin mixing at the beach bums lecture on Who's your daddy for the
Mai-tai & signing party for Remixed

[ Edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-11-07 18:16 ]

Brenda brought Tiki Bob along on Tuesday this week to meet up with VampiressRN, I joined them as soon as I got into town from the office. Mariah has expanded her rum selection and produced some very palatable Meihanas thanks to Brenda's iphone app. Progress marches onward in Sacto!

Woohoo! Finally, Sacto has a tiki bar - although it looks more like a rockabilly joint. The closet thing to a Sacto tiki bar is the Eastern Empire near Sac State and the authentic tiki cocktails served at the Shady Lady Saloon in Midtown. I'm frowning a bit at the sight of Malibu bottles in all of the colors of the rainbow but I can see the potential (as long as they don't butcher the Mai Tai).

On 2010-11-07 14:45, abstractiki wrote:
That's great! It looks like it has some good potential. With a little guidance from a local volunteer Tiki Central consultant it should shape nicely.

Agreed.

I stopped by there last night and have some mixed feelings.

Pros: Plenty of cool tiki masks, vintage hot rod posters, a decent rum selection (Appleton Estate, Mount Gay), and an even better microbrew supply. Oh, and the Pogues, Operation Ivy, and a few other punk greats are in the jukebox.

Cons: More of a biker/hipster bar than a tiki lounge (I sat next to a Hell's Angel), and their Mai Tai is graced with OJ and Malibu.

It's a good neighborhood bar with many ropes to learn but it has good potential to become a great tiki joint.

The local ohana will be hosting our first official "Tiki Tuesday" at The Hideway on 7 December. We are hoping to have Mariah up to speed with Navy Grog and Hell in the Pacific cocktails for this since it is Pearl Harbor Day.

Tomorrow around noon i will be stopping by to donate this piece of Islander Bamboo to the Hideaway. I also framed four Islander photos and will donate them as well. I'm looking forward to checking this place out but unfortunately i can't stay for the Tiki Tuesday event.

UDAMAN Dave...very cool of you to donate. Sorry we will miss you. I am going to donate something every time I go there. Last time it was a Les Baxter CD and tomorrow passing on a Grog Log.

It is wonderful that our Ohana are supporting Mariah. :drink:

R

I dropped by early Sunday afternoon for the brunch and it was awesome. Bacon infused hash browns with sausage and gravy on 'em! I dropped off an old spare "decorative" uke and a carved tiki wall hanging plus a "Music for Moai" CD.

Can't wait to see everybody tonight!

On 2010-12-06 18:35, abstractiki wrote:
Tomorrow around noon i will be stopping by to donate this piece of Islander Bamboo to the Hideaway. I also framed four Islander photos and will donate them as well.

Abstract,

That's awesome! Make sure you post some pics of the new pieces in their new home.

DC

thanks DC, LOL! guess what? I just got home and I forgot to take pics!! crap! next time! The place is pretty cool, and the owner is really nice. Some big "Jungle Trader Tikis" would go great there.

Pages: 1 17 replies