Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - The repaired mug goes to La Mariana on Oahu

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,811 replies

Those tiki bobs are amazing!

Hamo stay safe.

hang10tiki you are so at risk in your job that we all should be praying for you.

leevigraham hey there welcome to my thread of tiki art. We all have a lot of fun here. I was just checking out your drawings. You are officially a tiki artist. You have skills and it will be fun to watch you work.

In my best Elvis voice I'm saying to each of you, "Thank you, thank you very much!"

SOCIAL DISTANCING. I need to make this a mug. It's so sad to see all the places that must close. Beaches should too. This is deadly. Don't do anything with anyone you can avoid. We are locked up tight in our home and are staying put. We are lucky we can do this.
We want everyone to survive.

===============================

Since we are in isolation I'm getting so much work done. Here is the Next Wish I have sculpted. This is for David Kappadahl. I may have to come back and re-spell it.

He wished for a DEVO Tiki Bob.

I started by cleaning up a Tiki Bob. Then I decided that I would not make the hat a lid. That's harder than one piece and more expensive. So here goes my one piece DEVO mug.

I first built a three tier hat.

I let it sit out overnight so that I could then carve out the inside to make the walls less thick.

I built the fourth tier on the mug and let the top of the mug sit out unwrapped overnight. The next day I cut the hole in the back of the mug.

Next I used sticky clay to glue the rest of the hat to the top of the mug. Inside I cleaned up the connection areas leaving no trapped air.

I made the DEVO shirt and T-shirt and Carved the name on the top and front.

Here is how it turned out.

The hat was heavy enough to start to slouch in the back. So I put the cut out back in place and my carving tool to make it just right.

By the next day it was firm enough to remove the clay plug and tool. Whip it Whip it Good! That's all I remember of DEVO!

Stay well my friends. Wendy

Tiki With Ray by Ray Wyland on fb, U tube and a thread by Hamo is wonderful. He showcases tiki homes and bars. He had done three interviews with us alone. I decided that I needed to do something nice in return. I hope it works. Here are the steps.

I'm making him a mug with his personal Tiki With Ray logo on the front.

I printed it on paper which I dunked into water and then stuck onto the side of the mug.

I used a sharp point to press through the paper and into the clay.

I looked at this for awhile and then decided that carved wouldn't work it needed to be 3D.

So I added clay and

then more clay.

Close up of the face. I can see that when I sand this I will reduce the size of the upper lip.

I hope that when this is glazed it will look like the paper copy.

I have many projects in the drying stage. Wendy

=====================================================================================================================================

Years ago I painted some pineapple bowls for Dan. He picked out three tikis.

All these years later Ocea Otica aka Cass asked for art he could turn into a free coloring page. He did his own art too. He took my paintings and made these. You can Save As and print them for coloring while confined at home.

Thank you, hope this all ends soon

Devo mug
Nice
“Dole Whip It”

Cheers

hang10tiki you are writing your message while I am posting! You missed my Tiki With Ray mug.

While we are in lock down I'm working on a huge home project and look what I found. I took this photo before Dan and I were even into tiki! I'm so happy I found it. I wonder if they were removed intact or if they were destroyed on site.

Wendy

Introducing the TIKI TORCH. Made from two mugs and a hand built flame. I had the pieces so why not do it.

I cleaned up one mug and

then I added the top off another mug to the inside. I used slip to get rid of any air pockets.

Next I carved around the outside in preparation for making it look like bamboo.

I added clay to show the joints.

Once that was done I made a ring of clay to fuse to the inside

of the top. This will keep the flame sitting higher and give the option of using earthquake putty to keep it firmly in place.

I made a flame. Then I

cut off the bottom when it was firm so I could dig out the excess clay.

Once it was empty I

added a new bottom.

I cut off the tip and worked to fuse it inside and out.

I'm missing photos. These two pictures were taken before I put the ring inside to hold the flame higher.

I will show the better height when I'm glazing.

On a different day I cut two slanted holes for straws.

It's a big mug so it's best used for two.

May your day be full of light, Wendy

Hi Friends, I am still praying you are all being careful and staying well.

==========================================================================

As we were downsizing we sold hundreds of shell necklaces that we had collected over the past 22 years. We though they were all gone and then Dan found another box of them. This time they were given to my great-niece for her kids. Now confined to home it was time to let them play.

Best use ever. Wendy

Love the Tropicana Moai pics
:)

That last necklace pic is awesome

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2020-03-23 08:45 ]

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Mar 23, 2020 4:39 PM

I stayed at the Tropicana a month ago--I wish those tikis were still there.

More great mugs at the end of the previous page, especially the Tiki With Ray and tiki torch mugs.

hang10tiki kids are such fun. You have a couple that would be fun to see here when they are admiring your tiki carvings. Hint for a photo op.

Hamo we have walked the grounds there many times but haven't stayed at the Tropicana. Our favorite hotel is the Carriage House. Small, easy parking and close to the strip. Every time we stay a guy in an old car drives up to us in the parking lot and tries to sell us huge diamond rings for a song. He's also a comedian so it's not scary to talk to him. I always say sorry I only were tiki necklaces.
Thank you for the mug comments too.

I appreciate you all so much. Wendy

======================================

I am so far behind posting. I guess it's time to post some catch up odds and ends.

I wanted to share what Dan does while I'm working on tiki projects not requiring him to do heavy mold lifting or blowing off dust after I sand.

He has around 100 albums and 40 CD's of garage band music. He listened and picked out his favorites. He made sure he wasn't picking the same song from the two sources. Then after perfecting lists of the titles, the artist, the source he put them all onto CD's. The binder ended up with 65 pages of these.

Music is his hobby. His favorite band, the Beach Boys.

=========================================================================

I cast and cleaned up two Ren Clark Severed Heads. When I bought an original from the sister of Ren Clark I asked permission to re-make these and was given the go ahead (get it? head, ha ha). That head has since been sold to my friend Trey Goodwin. These will be extras to sell when glazed. I may do something different with the glazing.

=============================================================================

Back in April after making 8 Tapa mugs for Jeffery Queen I had leftover mugs so I did three more he doesn't yet know about.
I finished sculpting these on 4/22/20. But I can't tell if this is all three or just two of them.

============================================================================

I had no idea that I would sell all of the crawl mugs at the first stop. It was embarrassing to turn people away. So I told people that if you have all of the first 9 I would make them the mug to complete their sets. So I have these four in progress. I have retired from making the crawl mugs after ten wonderful years.

These four will bring up the number to 80. If you need one to complete your set let me know and someday in the far future I would help you out.

====================================================

Wow it feels so good to get some of the catch up done. There's still more than a month's to go. Cheers, Wendy

Dan-0 is way super organized
Awesome

More killer mugs W

Hana likes this one

hang10tiki, Dan is very organized with his music collection. I on the other hand can't play anything on his stereos so I have a boom box just for me with one stack of CDs he made of my favorite music. Most is from the 60's.

Do you have to worry about the tiki receiving a shower of approval?

Wendy

Girls
So the Tikis are ok
Besides an occasional bite mark

Almost 700 pages
Wow

hang10tiki we have never owned a dog but now I do remember something about girls being more lady like then male dogs. Bite marks will add character. If they eat them that's not good.

I hadn't noticed that I had gotten to 699. Wow did I really do this many pages? Well you certainly have helped me get there. I am so grateful for all the times you covered for me when we went on long internet free vacations.

Thank you everyone for all your comments that have gotten me to page 699. Cheers, Wendy

Back to the Wish List #8 Phase Five. This wish is for Matt K. With this virus attacking the world no one has to follow through and buy their wish. Cancels are fine because tiki mugs are a luxury.

This mug was done in April 2020. Here are the steps.

Matt presented me with a photo of his most favorite monster. Even he doesn't know the origin. So this will be the only one I make. I did the best I could. This was a sculpting challenge, just what I like.

I asked him the size he expected. He wanted a 3" diameter mug with a 9" horn span. So I measured and found a turntable that was just over the 9 inches.

I cast 6 mugs that I could use as clay for parts. In the end I used only one and that's how I ended up making extra tapa mugs etc.

I chose a mug and then

I began to build the face.

I decided that I would do the face first and later add on the horns. I still needed to figure out how to do them.

This proves it is a mug.

I let the mug sit overnight and then the next day it was firm enough to carve.

I worked on the nose and got ready for teeth.

Time to let it rest overnight. I've found that going to fast just doesn't work. Wendy

Here is the link to TheLuckyParrot's thread on building a complex and stunning project. His posts have T-Tube videos to accompany each electronic step. This is so over the top that when an opportunity presented itself I jumped in a made an offer of my own Disney World Black Velvet art to be used if needed. I sent him photos and he included them on the back drop walls. I hope you have been watching his progress.

Here is the link to page one. My art is on todays page.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=53690&forum=18&start=0

My painting is to the left of the butt of the rifle. All my paintings have black backgrounds black backgrounds.

My painting is above the Sphinx.

My painting is just under the shelf.

Woo Hoo I just saw he used two this time. One on the top row and then one just behind the bottle on the right.

His project is Disney and so were my paintings, that's why I made the offer. I feel so lucky to be included in a project that is so tiki and so technical. I'm watching every day I hope you will all join me. Wendy

PS thank you so much TheLuckyParrot

Wow
Skull with ram horns and vampire teeth
Don’t let it bite you
That’s a huge project

I’ve been watching that post
He does great work

hang10tiki the monster is a logo for a band. I just found that out. I will have to put the name on a post. Trying to stick to the 9 inch span for those horns didn't work out because by doing that the horns didn't end up being as visible as in the original.

Here are some more steps.

Matt took a look at the photos and claimed his wish so I added this to the bottom. He does know it could still crack or blow up in the kiln.

I cut the teeth with a straight pick.

Then I carved the gums to match the photo.

You can see the mess it makes. I will clean this up once the teeth are firmer. So it now sits overnight.

The next day I fine tune the teeth and

I look it over to see what it needs. I do keep spraying water on the mug. I do not want it to dry because I still have horns to attach.

I decided to go ahead and carve the texture. If it looks OK I would continue.

I was happy enough.

The last teeth do not match but I just do what I can.

Tomorrow he gets horney!!! Wendy

The last of the sculpting steps for Matt Koken's wish for a band monster.

I rolled our two equally sized balls of clay. I was careful not to trap any air bubbles. Then I formed one horn by shaping a cone and then by ramming a stick down the center and rolling it to make the horn hollow.

Using sticky clay I attached the outside of the horn to the mug.

I rested the horn on a jar that was just the right height.

Then I did the next horn the same way. I may have gone over the span limit but the clay will shrink as is dries and again when it fires.

A couple of days later I cut a hole in the back of each firmer horn and used my finger to press down the clay so that the horn was now attached from the inside. Also there has to be a way for air to escape from the hollow horns or they will blow up in the kiln.

I carved all I could safely get to and then I let it rest for a week.

Now the horns are firm and I could take away the supports and lay it in a position so I could

reach all the rest of the areas needing to be carved. Now it will slowly dry covered and un-covered for about a month.

Notice how Dan's face is reflected in the mirror. I always told him he looks like the Kava Kava man!

The sculpting is done. Here he is.

I was missing some photos so these were taken after a month of drying.

Time to move on to the next wish. Please be safe every day, Wendy

Wish list #8 the finished projects. I have more photos of each item under Gallery.

2 (2)41421P~2![](Uploading 41EB2D~1.JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (1).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (2).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (3).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (4).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (5).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (6).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (7).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (9).JPG…)![](Uploading 6 (10).JPG…)14 Gregory Liebig Tiki Bob lamp Base (1)![](Uploading 14 Gregory Liebig Tiki bob lamp Base (7).JPG…)16 Woody Tiki Bob for Dan  (1)18 Devo Tiki Bob for David Kappendahl (4)21 flirty tiki bob (1)25 (2)50 50 tiki bob supercarved (1)50 50 tiki bob supercarved (2)![](Uploading 50 50 tiki bob supercarved (3).JPG…)1000 (27)![](Uploading 1888 (1).JPG…)![](Uploading 2000 (90).JPG…)2000 (91)2000 (95)2000 (101)2000 (125)2000 (131)2000 (136)![](Uploading Alexis Antonio (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Ari Yuasa (2).JPG…)Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (1)![](Uploading Ari Yususa multi colored Tiki Bob (3).JPG…)![](Uploading Baby Blue PNG (1).JPG…)Bonnie Borda Hoffenfeker puffer![](Uploading Brianne Elisa Perez j (2).JPG…)Chris Curtis (1)Chris Curtis (3)Chris Mopar Anderson (1)Chris Mopar Anderson (7)![](Uploading Chuck Bradford (2).JPG…)Dan and Wendy (1)![](Uploading Dan and Wendy (2).JPG…)Dan Cevola float and Diamond head tiki bob box (1)![](Uploading Dan Cevola float and Diamond head tiki bob box (2).JPG…)![](Uploading Dan Cevola float and Diamond head tiki bob box (3).JPG…)Dan Cevola salt and pepper and shot glass Tiki bob (2)David Kappadahl b (2)David Nelms doughnut tiki bob (6)David Nelms doughnut tiki bob (8)David Ray (1)Derick Heritage severed head white face (2)Derik Heritage red war god(1)Dingman  tattoos hthg(3)DSCN0228DSCN0234DSCN0236DSCN0238DSCN0243DSCN0511DSCN0518DSCN0525DSCN0527DSCN0529![](Uploading DSCN0535.JPG…)DSCN0614![](Uploading DSCN0618.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN0624.JPG…)DSCN0699DSCN0700DSCN0705DSCN0802![](Uploading DSCN0961.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN7094.JPG…)DSCN8561![](Uploading DSCN8573.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN8574.JPG…)DSCN9900![](Uploading DSCN9932.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN9933.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN9934.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN9935.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN9936.JPG…)![](Uploading DSCN9937.JPG…)![](Uploading Duane Orzol rihinestones in eye of urn posted 4 3 21 (17).JPG…)![](Uploading Duane Orzol rihinestones in eye of urn posted 4 3 21 (25).JPG…)Duane Orzol's urn best photo by keith Richardson![](Uploading f (2).JPG…)facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (0)facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (1)facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (2)facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (3)![](Uploading facehugger mug for jose mendez posted 5 14 20 (4).JPG…)Flower Power Tiki Bob (1)![](Uploading Flower Power Tiki Bob (3).JPG…)gabriel amos harter 50 50 tiki bob or half and half (1)gabriel amos harter 50 50 tiki bob or half and half (3)![](Uploading Greg Burgess (2).JPG…)![](Uploading Greg Burgess (6).JPG…)![](Uploading Gregory Liebig (10).JPG…)Hang10tiki war god for chris ledford (2)![](Uploading Houston Edward (Wyllie) (2).JPG…)Hula Bobette and Hula Tiki Bob (2)Hula Bobette and Hula Tiki Bob (8)![](Uploading Hula Bobette and Hula Tiki Bob (9).JPG…)![](Uploading Jamie Sterling batty bob (2).JPG…)Jamie Sterling batty bob (5)Janet shaffer jonathan west supercarved tiki bob (1)Jay Cote i (2)![](Uploading JD England (3).JPG…)![](Uploading JD England (6).JPG…)![](Uploading JD England a (2).JPG…)![](Uploading John Markovich (3).JPG…)Karen Schell wood tiki into mug (1)Karen Schell wood tiki into mug (2)Karen Schell wood tiki into mug (3)![](Uploading Kiel James Patrick (14).JPG…)![](Uploading Kurt Biddle g (2).JPG…)Kyle Lankford (1)![](Uploading Kyle Lankford (3).JPG…)Kyle Lankford Frankoma bowl (8)Kyle Lankford Frankoma bowl (11)Mark Whitehead (4)![](Uploading Mary Ann Edwards pink (3).JPG…)Matt Koken (1)![](Uploading Matt Koken (2).JPG…)Matt Koken (3)![](Uploading Matt Koken (4).JPG…)Missy DeMartini d (2)![](Uploading Moe Bryan (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Moe Bryan (2).JPG…)Nate Aiello Tiki Bob his hawaiian shirt (1)Nate Aiello Tiki Bob his hawaiian shirt (6)![](Uploading necklaces for wendy and dan turtles puffers shells (1).JPG…)![](Uploading necklaces for wendy and dan turtles puffers shells (2).JPG…)necklaces for wendy and dan turtles puffers shells (4)O2 out Diver's Helmet (2)![](Uploading O2 out Diver's Helmets Sergio and Josuah (1).JPG…)O2 out Diver's Helmets Sergio and Josuah (6)![](Uploading P1050260.JPG…)![](Uploading P1050387.JPG…)P1050391posted 5 10 20 Ray Wyland's mug finished (1)posted 5 10 20 Ray Wyland's mug finished (5)![](Uploading Posted 7 14 21 PNG makeover (5).JPG…)![](Uploading Posted 7 14 21 PNG set of three (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Posted 7 14 21 PNG set of three (4).JPG…)Posted 7 16 21 fb Safari Tiki Bob with binoculars (1)![](Uploading posted 7 16 21 Fisherman Tiki Bob (1).JPG…)posted 7 16 21 Fisherman Tiki Bob (2)![](Uploading posted 7 16 21 Tapa Tiki Bob blues (1).JPG…)posted 7 16 21 Tapa Tiki Bob blues (3)Posted 7 2021 fb supercarved and vintage colors Tiki Bob (1)posted 7 2021 Shriner Tiki Bob (1)posted 7 2021 Shriner Tiki Bob (2)posted fb 6 27 20 Josiah Cox (3)posted fb 7 17 21 Viking Tiki Bob (1)posted fb 7 17 21 Viking Tiki Bob (2)![](Uploading posted fb 7 18 21 Sun Lover Tiki Bob (1).JPG…)posted fb 7 18 21 Sun Lover Tiki Bob (2)posted fb 7 18 21 Sun Lover Tiki Bob (3)posted fb 7 18 21 Sun Lover Tiki Bob (4)posted fb 7 22 20 tiki bobs and hthg mugs  (17)posted fb 8 24 20 (25)posted fb august 8 21 20 (1)![](Uploading Posted on fb 8 23 20 (6).JPG…)![](Uploading Posted on fb aug 8 21 20 (5).JPG…)![](Uploading Randall Wilson own severed head (2).JPG…)![](Uploading Robert E Coeman k (2).JPG…)![](Uploading Robert E. Coleman two santa tiki bobs(1).JPG…)Robyne Rednock Haas (1)Ron House h (2)Sandy Lee GROG's laughing tiki bob (1)Sandy Lee GROG's laughing tiki bob (2)save (2) Dingeman's hot tub hula girl not posted![](Uploading Shannon Singer (1).JPG…)Sold to Debbie and Greg Smith TB Tiki Bob (1)![](Uploading Sold to Debbie and Greg Smith TB Tiki Bob (6).JPG…)Sold to Debbie and Gregory Smith (1)sold to Erin Singer    Santa Bob (1)sold to Gregory Smith (1)![](Uploading Sold to Trey Goodwin Santa Tiki Bob (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Swirling Tiki Bob (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Swirling Tiki Bob (2).JPG…)Swirling Tiki Bob (3)Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (1)Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (7)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (9).JPG…)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (10).JPG…)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (11).JPG…)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (12).JPG…)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (13).JPG…)![](Uploading Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (16).JPG…)Theo Stool Ghostbuster and slime bob's (17)![](Uploading Tiki Bob box for Dan Cevola (1).JPG…)Tiki Bob box for Dan Cevola (2)Tiki Bob box for Dan Cevola (3)![](Uploading Tiki Bob box for Dan Cevola (4).JPG…)Tom Grill c (2)Vince Simard (1)Vince Simard (3)Vince Simard (4)![](Uploading Vince Simard e (2).JPG…)Wendy and Dan (2)Wendy Cevola Santa Tiki Bob (1)Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (1)Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (2)Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (3)Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (4)Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (5) ![](Uploading Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (1).JPG…)![](Uploading Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (2).JPG…)![](Uploading Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (4).JPG…)![](Uploading Z MY LAST MUG TO POST (5).JPG…)

With this last Tiki Bob mug, I have retired from ceramics. I will just concentrate on black velvet paintings. I did 8 Wish Lists, 10 Sacramento Crawl mugs, 195 Hot Tub Hula Girls and a few projects for Dan and I to keep. It's been a wonderful way to spend our time during the last 11 years. Dan helped me so much. There's nothing for him to do with my paintings, I worked him hard with ceramics. When you marry well life is very good!

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-04-20 14:38:53 ]

You must have the world record for the most custom tiki mugs!

MaukaHale that would be a cool title to hold! Thank you for mentioning the possibility.

Note: I didn't get everything uploaded for Wish List #8 but they have all uploaded on my Gallery page.

Cheers, Wendy

While doing ceramics I managed to do a few black velvet paintings. I'm currently working on more. I have a Wish List and I like to do Tiki Oasis Art Shows.

2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show 0 2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show (1)![](Uploading 0 2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show (2).jpg…)0 2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show (3)0 2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show (4)![](Uploading 0 2011 Tiki Oasis Art Show (5).jpg…)

Then came a series of Disney World Tiki paintings for Tiki Oasis art shows and as Wishes. 15 disney tikis in florida

2 2017  Duane Orzol3 2017 Jefferey Bannow4 2017 Tiki Oasis Art Show5 Gregory Ramirez16 2016 Tiki Oasis Art Show Buyer Tiki Buggy on fb(1)17  2017 Gregory Ramirez17 2017  Duane Orzol18 2018 Karen Schell (2)18 2018 Stephen Seaton (4)18 Lynn Bloom 2018 (3)20 2020 Lynn McGuire (2)

Another wish. 18 2018 jeffrey konyu (4)

I made 195 Hot Tub Hula Girl mugs, now she will used in my paintings. 19 Tiki Oasis Wendy Cevola 2020  Hot Tub Hula Girl 13 x 13 Acrylic $500 (26)19 Tiki Oasis Wendy Cevola 2020  Hot Tub Hula Girl 13 x 13 Acrylic $500 (28)

I did these paintings of two of my mugs for Swaps run by MadDogMike 2020 Swap John Markovich got it (2)2021 Tiki Central Swap (1)

Diamond Head was a wish. 2021 Joanne Kelley  $500 (2)

Tiki Oasis Art Show 2021 2021 Tiki Oasis $275   (1)

The Kava Kava Man was for myself 2022. 19 2022 Kava Kava Man (1)19 2022 Kava Kava Man (2)

A wish for David, 2022. DSCN0784hung at David's

A wish for Eric, 2022 2021 Eric Dias BEST(4)

Disney World Tikis for Tiki Hula, Mike. 2021 sharp and clear the best by Mike Remmel (1)

Couroc Tray Disneyland Birds for Tiki Hula, Mike. 2021 It's A Birds World After All  Mike Remmel (2)It's A Birds World After All  Mike Remmel (3)

Next up will be another wish and the art for TO AZ and TO SD 2022.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2022 7:52 PM

The Kava Kava Man is magnificent. And is that black light paint on David's wish? You are a definitely multitalented.

Hi Hammo, just like old times seeing you comment here, thank you. I didn't plan to do black light painting on David's wish because it wasn't requested. However, the UV paint is more brilliant, so I use it often. When I finished his painting and turned on that light it was a really nice surprise that it worked out. Same with this painting.

Kava Kava Cocktail Man for the Tiki Oasis 2022 Art Show in Phoenix at the Valley Ho. It too has some fun UV paint effects.2022 Kava Kava Cocktail man for TO AZ (1)2022 Kava Kava Cocktail man for TO AZ (2)

Wow

That last photo is amazing

I thought you had a light in the float

hang10tiki and I didn't even try. I just worked to make the painting as good as I could. Then I turned on the UV light! I was happy how the mugs looked too.

Sold the first night at the pre-Oasis party!!! 4 30 22 (29)4 30 22 (54)e

Awesome

Thank you hang10tiki. Next up will be Tiki Oasis 2022 in San Diego. I will enter that art show and then I'll post the art here. Cheers, Wendy

Step by steps for the black velvet wish of Robert and Sue Mitchell. Sue did the drawing which helped immensely. Later they requested a crescent moon and clouds be added. They rest I came up with.

Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (3)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (4)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (6)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (7)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (8)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (9)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (10)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (11)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (12)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (13)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (14)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (16)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (17)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (18)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (19)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (20)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (21)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (22)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (23)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (24)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (25)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (26)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-03 10:37:51 ]

More steps for the Robert and Sue painting with my Hot Tub Hula Girl and a Gecko fishing and a Tiki Bob. All in a tropical setting.

Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (27)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (28)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (30)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (31)![](Uploading Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing $500 (32).JPG…)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (34)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (35)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (38)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (43)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (45)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (48)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (63)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (64)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (70)![](Uploading Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing $500 (73).JPG…)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (77)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (83)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (90)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (91)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (93)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-03 10:38:36 ]

Working on the Robert and Sue Mitchell black velvet wish. This is being done on real velvet cloth not velveteen. More layers of paint to make it work.

Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (94)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (96)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (99)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (102)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (103)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (104)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (107)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (108)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (109)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (112)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (113)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (114)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (115)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (117)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (118)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (125)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-03 10:39:07 ]

The jungle grows around the Hot Tub Hula Girl the Gecko who is fishing and the Tiki Bob. The wish and idea of Robert and Sue Mitchell. All done on real velvet fabric not velveteen.

Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (119)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (120)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (121)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (122)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (124)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (125)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (126)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (127)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (128)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (129)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (130)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (131)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (132)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (133)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (134)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (135)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (136)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (137)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (138)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (139)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (140)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (141)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (142)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (143)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (144)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (145)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-03 10:39:35 ]

The last steps and then it's framed and sent home to Robert and Sue Mitchell. The wish has been granted!

Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (147)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (148)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (152)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (153)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (156)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (160)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (161)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (162)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (163)![](Uploading Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing $500 (164).JPG…)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (165)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (167)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (168)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (169)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (170)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (172)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (173)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (174)Robert Mitchell hthg Gecko Tiki Bob fishing  $500 (175)

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-03 10:40:10 ]

Wendy, beautiful work as always. :-)

Thank you littlegiles. It was fun to see your name again. Wendy

T

Wow wow wow wow wow.

I've always loved your paintings, but now they're on an entirely new level- the light, the layers, the detail, and the hidden black light surprises.

Always a treat to see your step by steps, it's been too long for me! Sending hugs to you and Dan.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2022 7:59 PM

I got an email from eBay today featuring "Collectible Hawaiian Mugs & Cups" and #46 of your 2016 crawl mug was included:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255573670314

One could buy it now for $275.

Tiki Ano it's so fun to re-connect here with TC friends. GROG is back too. I'm so happy my paintings are being well received now that I've retired from ceramics. I need a hobby to do while Dan is working on his music collection.

Hamo, I love it when my art is on eBay. It's fun to see the bidding. I just wish they didn't hide who the bidders are, I made a lot of friends on eBay before they shut down the identities.

Repairing a mug for a friend Josh Zipperman. It seems that lots of mugs are damaged in shipping. Double boxing is the way to go. Here are the steps starting with the Fugie's arrival. If you have a question please ask.

The products I use are Elmer's or other good quality wood glue. Elmer's wood putty. Water, Tape and Enamel paint.

Each step sits for 24 hours. Such as gluing. Then each layer of putty. Then the painting, which was trial and error trying to match this strange color. I never got it right, just close.

Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (1)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (2)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (3)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (4)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (5)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (6)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (7)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (8)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (9)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (10)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (11)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (12)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (13)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (14)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (15)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (16)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (17)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (18)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (19)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (20)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (21)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (22)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (23)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (24)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (25)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (26)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (26.5)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (27)Josh Zipperman Fujie repair (28)

I hope you all ship and receive well boxed tiki items. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by danlovestikis on 2022-06-14 08:56:48 ]

Daaaaang, That painting is over the top! Lots of work right there! The colors are awesome.

Great repair job too

Cheers

Jon

I searched your name to see if anything else was listed, and there were two other pieces, including one of your airport faces.

I'm the opposite. I don't like it when I see my ceramics for sale on ebay, because I hope somebody bought them because they liked them and wanted to put it in their collection, not just buy them so they can make a profit off of somebody else's work. I understand them selling ones that were mass produced like my Moai S&P shakers or the Bamboo Ben mug. But, I did see a Moai Bowl that I had made and sold at the Tiki Market place. They then turned around and were selling it on ebay at twice the price of what I sold it to them. But, I noticed they had glued the nose back on one of the Moais, so they had damaged it when they had taken it home from the Market Place.

hang10tiki thank you twice! Both were fun to do.

Hamo I used to have all these heads on my wall and then one day decided to give them all away. The lady in the green scarf has been on eBay for years now!

ernimator sometimes I get to see something I had forgotten about and it's fun to be reminded. I love to have a positive outlook. Keep on smiling. We are all so happy you are back!

July 23, 2022 Tiki Cental Art Swap. Oceanic Arts theme. Curated by MadDogMike. My piece is now done. I just have to wait to swap when names are paired. There is still time to enter.

July Swap on Tiki Central (13)July Swap on Tiki Central (22)July Swap on Tiki Central (25)July Swap on Tiki Central (32)July Swap on Tiki Central (34)July Swap on Tiki Central (36)July Swap on Tiki Central (37)July Swap on Tiki Central (38)July Swap on Tiki Central (39)July Swap on Tiki Central (40)July Swap on Tiki Central (46)July Swap on Tiki Central (49)

People say they have broken hearts from dropping tikis that they love. They ask me to mend them, both their hearts and their mugs. Here is a recent repair.

I've repaired a lot of Gecko'z South Sea Arts pieces. Here's one I just fixed. P1060905P1060923P1060924P1060925P1060926P1060928P1060931P1060934P1060935P1060938P1060939P1060946P1060947P1060948P1060949P1060950P1060951

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10811 replies