Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - New colors of the Frank mug by Frankoma now available.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,816 replies

Tiki Hula there's no place like home, family and good friends. Also fun tiki projects to do. See you soon.

==============================================================

T

A belated "Welcome Back" from the whole gang of Sweat, er, Tiki Hogs:

I recently noticed a travel warning online- not sure if that coincided with your travels-

But seriously.... we just got back from Oahu, had a great (short) trip. Finally made it to LMSC- though they didn't have any W.C. mugs! There, were, however, mugs from Gecko & Bowana, which were pretty cool.

There were also some great float lamps...

And a lamp that I want to make for myself- a shell barrel lamp (hadn't seen this design/ build before)...

Tiki Ano I think I lived during the years that hairdo was popular. I sure did like that show. Tiki Godzilla!
We love La Mariana. It's been around 14 years since we were there. Those a wonderful photos, thank you.

=======================================================================

These are the last photos from our trip. This is how we spent 27 hours getting home.

Our water taxi that would take us to the airport picked us up at the outdoor restaurant of our hotel.
If you are wondering I spray painted our suitcases with gold and on one I painted symbols so that we could easily spot them. It worked
but we were stared at with these and a few people asked about them.

The water taxi arrived. The journey was to take 45 minutes.

We slowly moved through canals.

One was the Grand Canal and one

was dark and eerie.

Once we were in an open area without any other boats around he took off. Our trip ended up being 15 minutes.

At the airport we had breakfast. I'd never seen these berries before but I ate them. Tart with crunchy seeds.

We saw guards with guns and also watched dogs sniffing for bombs around every corner. What's wrong with the lady in the middle?

Settled on the plane we would watch 5 movies. The best one was Nebraska.

This time we are chasing after the sun so we cut three hours off the time when we got to Philadelphia.

We left Venice behind. My first and possibly only trip to Europe had ended. Dan had been to Italy when he was a college student a century ago.

Just a hop skip and a jump.

The Jersey shore. Can you spot LoriLovesTiki's home?

Arriving on time at the Philadelphia airport.

There was a backup of 18 planes waiting for takeoff. We were delayed an hour.

Finally we were off the ground and in another 5.5 hours we would be in Sacramento. Another 45 minutes we would be home.

The next day we unpacked our suitcases. These are our souvenirs. A tacky Venice shot glass and squishy balls for kids in our family. They sold these at every corner of Venice.

You hold it face up and then

smash it on the floor.

Very slowly it regains it's shape. Lot's of silly fun.

Trip over next trip will be to Tiki Kon in Portland Oregon. Want to come along? I can't resist showing you the way.

===========================================================

Back to work on Tiki Atari's kickstarter mug.

Three down 3 to go to finish the topless version. Then 5 specials after that.

Thanks for the visit, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-08 15:12 ]

Thank you for sharing all the photos of your trip. Beautiful pics and it looks like the two of you had a great time. You win the award for most creative suitcases on a European flight. :) LOVE the squishy pigs. HAHA

The amount of detail on those mugs is amazing. it is like each one is a painting. Awesome work on those.

• Dale
T

Thanks for all the great photos- looks like an amazing trip. I love the look (and arrows!) on the luggage. :)

I know you're heading out to Tiki Kon, but I am really looking forward to seeing those kickstarter mugs fired.... so please have Hula glaze more so you can fill up the kiln and get to glaze fire them! Okay, sorry for all the pressure. I'll get back to work now....

littlegiles and Tiki Ano this is certainly the year of travels for us. It's fun to share the photos with you all. It was fun to mess up our suitcases. I love those squishy pigs too. I hope to find more here in the states.

The kickstarter mugs will look very different fired so I'm anxious too.

==========================================================================

All I had to do for Tiki Atari's topless version of his mug was to do the inside and the skirt to match and to do the rest in Teal Blue like the earlier version. When I thought about that it seemed that it might clash. So I decided that the lettering needed to also match the skirt and then these mugs just demanded more. So I did a full blown painting for each one. Three layers of every color.

Even though these are not my mugs I do have my name on the bottoms of those I altered and glazed so I need to do the best possible for each one.

Another one completed.

==================================================

Here are a couple more photos of the last two and then the line up of the Tiki Rockettes.

Details and more

details.

=======================================================

When we are back from Tiki Kon I have the 5 mugs, that I carved differently from these, left to glaze. I'll fire them with Tiki Hula's crawl mug.

Then I will submerge them in water to look for flaws. Those areas if there are any will be re-glazed. When they dry I'll cover them with clear glaze and fire them again. They will change one more time.

But for now we are on a Tiki Hunt/Vacation/Tiki Kon party week. Of course I'll be sharing photos or Oregon.

Cheers, Wendy

WooHoo!!! That Mug is Beautiful!!

Wendy Your Incredible!!! Those mugs really look amazing!! ';)

Hey Wendy, those look like Red Currant Berries that you were eating.

Wow
Missed the show for 2 weeks
Love all the photos
Ano- almost spit out my coffee when I saw the photo above
We had a great time on The Big Island
Here are a few of my favorite pics
(Ok, more than a few) :)

Funny, I think we see "Dan" on all of our Hawaii trips

This guy was great on the Vibes, he took requests
We had a couple great Martin Denny songs with our dinner

WooHooWahine Tiki Atari will love to hear that. I'm doing my best to make the mug as special as possible with glaze.

Beachbumz ditto for what I said to WooHoo. We are missing Tiki Oasis this year. Are you and Maui Tiki going to be there?

Atomic Tiki Punk your figured it out. Thank you. I've never had those before. I've heard of Current jelly so now I'll have to try that.

hang10tiki WOW I love how you set up these album pages. You are a computer wizard. The photos are wonderful. I'll be looking back on them for inspiration for my art. Dan will be looking back at them to admire Janelle! Hawaii and Janelle are beautiful and you are just plain studly.

=============================================================

TIKI KON starts tonight but after a day of antiquing Dan and I are in our room for the night. After all it's already 7 PM.
We found 1 tiki vase after looking through 1400 booths at the Portland Expo. Then another 5 hours in antique stores Dan found nothing. There must be many collectors here.

We have run into Justin one of the organizers. Amy and Jeff from Tiki Magazine and Kingstiedye and Sandy from Sacramento.

I think I'll show you now the photos of our trip from Elk Grove California to Tiki Kon. Every day in Oregon is a very special day.

My sister and her family live in Medford so that was our first stop. Before we traveled on we went through a couple of antique stores. The only find was this walking stick.

Hawaiian below a

Maori tiki on the top. After these photos Dan looked at the price tag and carefully returned it to the bin. $495.oo must be very special.

We watch for cute and fun photo ops along the road.

I liked this weeping tree.

Our next night was on the Oregon coast in a town called Bandon. Dan missed a good photo when the bird tried to peck my head.

It was very cold and windy in Bandon.

I was posting on...you guessed it...Tiki Central.

The sunset view from our room was unreal it was so beautiful.

Bandon has lots of wood carvings around the town. We found this one at a farmer's market.

The next night was in Coos Bay. We found a park in the woods and we took a hike.

The Egyptian Theater in Coos Bay was open for tours. We went so that we could see

tigertail777's painting of opening day 1925 in the same theater. What a great artist.

That night we were shook out of bed by fireworks that were over the bay and right outside our room. We got up and got dressed and went out to watch.

The paper the next day

Back on the road we stopped for lunch in Florence.

While waiting for our food I noticed this on a card at the table.

After lunch we found the "tiki" bar. Needs something doesn't it?

We continued on and stopped at the sea lion caves.

It's 200 feet down and elevator. It doesn't smell very good. Even still it was fun.

We could see them better outside.

Another stop more walking sticks. I think the cut the heads off Dollar Store tikis and glued them on. They did it well but we passed. These were $29.oo

We spent the next night in Newport Beach. Dan found a Skull mug and was so happy when he looked at the back.

Pub Tiki, yippy.

The next morning we stopped in Lincoln city. Dan always finds good stuff there. This tiki's face is different from any he has in his collection.

We made a quick stop at Cannon Beach to see its famous rock.

We have now reached Portland Oregon and the famous Trader Vic's.

Cheers.

Yes I went off my oil free diet to have their wonderful sundae. I just couldn't pass it up.

We still have a few days before Tiki Kon starts so we went to the Oregon Zoo. It's a super good bargain at $4 for us senior citizens.

Not him!

These eerie fruit bats.

More beautiful woods in Oregon near the zoo.

Our second night in Portland was once again spent with Justin who with Greg organizes Tiki Kon.

I'll stop here for tonight. Depending on how the party goes I'll be back sooner or later.

Thank you hang10tiki for the trip photos. We were all so lucky to be on these great trips. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-11 20:02 ]

Working nite shift so I had plenty of time to catch up with your thread Wendy. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! I wonder if Tiki Ano and I were in Oahu at the same time? I had hoped to stop by and see Henrik VanTiki but it just didn't work out :(

I only have one comment on all your travel pics...

I notice these had a hole in the end

I hope to all that is holy that they weren't whistles! :lol:

It's not enough you make killer mugs, you gotta have tons of fun too ???

:D

I'm jealous!

Just caught up with your trip. Fantastic... but uh.... I don't think W.C means what you think it means. :wink:

Love the picture of you by my painting. :) Sounds like you enjoyed Coos Bay. I hope you have had time to eat at one of my favorite haunts there: "The Pancake Mill". They have delicious breakfast delicacies to die for, and even a lot of gluten free offerings!

It was really great seeing you both again before you headed off to Tiki Kon, I really enjoyed the visit! Thanks again for the extra paint. That aqua you included actually will probably be used in my current painting: "Polynesia Fantasia, ICE", it's just about the right shade. :) I have a bunch of much lighter than cookie sheets to hold, painting palettes now too! :) Seriously... cookie sheets get heavy after holding them for hours. So, when are you going to move in with Cy? :wink: I gotta say I absolutely love his little Frog Island.

Can't wait to see your pics of Tiki Kon!

Oh..... and Hang10 super cool picture show of your trip too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Wendy- u are too kind
Looks like you guys are having a blast
MadDog- u are a mad dog
Tiger- thanks, we had a lot of fun

Jon

Wendy, Yes rob and I are flying out for the weekend... Bummer was looking forward to seeing you two there.. :(

MadDogMike I think those were pointing the way to the WC. I didn't pick one up to check out what you were wondering.

Badd Tiki yes but we are already senior citizens with a short time left on this planet. I'd trade in the fun for a lot more years to make (did you mean severed head) mugs. I bet you're young.

tigertail777 WC will always mean Wendy Cevola to me even if the rest of the world thinks it means Water Closet.
We loved seeing your painting inside of the Egyptian Theater, that was special.
Dan said he wants to go to the Pancake Mill next time.
I haven't moved in with CY but we hugged him a lot more at Tiki Kon.
I'm excited to see your next painting take shape and color. The paint is happy to be used.

hang10tiki (:

Beachbumz I'm so sad to miss you both. I think we can fix that in the future. Stay Tuned.

==========================================================================================

Our trip to Tiki Kon continues. We traveled outside of Portland to visit the terrific carver CY. He has a carving thread that you can check out but I'm going to post some photos here of his work. Oregon continues to be beautiful. We turned off the main road and took this drive up to his home.

I love to hug my friends. It gives me a lot of joy. All the tikis you'll see are his creations.

Look how many great tikis are next to CY and Dan.

CY's work is very recognizable and totally fun. I played croquet when I was young.

Next to join the party was tigertail777. He was wearing the puffer fish necklace I gave him. I've forgotten the dogs name.

He was kind enough to bring his newest painting so I could see it up close. He is just so good at movement and expression. Another great painting.

CY took us on a tour of his property. We crossed this bridge and entered Frog Island.

This was such a highlight of our trip. Friends, art and beauty.

Here and there are saw more CY creations and then sadly it was time to leave.

On our last trip to Tiki Kon Dan was thrilled to find a Moai set of a fork and spoon. This time we found a Kava Kava Man set.

The next day we visited relatives.

Next up will be our hunt for more tikis and the Tiki Kon event.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-12 22:13 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-12 22:18 ]

Looks like a great trip, Wendy! Cy's an awesome guy and makes some pretty rad tikis! I had the pleasure of vending next to him at Caliente this year. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a great time at Tiki-Kon!

U lucky guys
I hope to someday get the Frog Island stamp in my passport

Tiger- love that painting

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2014-07-13 20:06 ]

Great photo report as always Wendy 'n' Dan... and hey! I am in it! :D Oh, the little doggie's name is Cha Cha, but I call her "Shoe" 'cause she likes to nibble on my shoes when I am not looking.

Looking forwards to seeing more of the pics from Tiki Kon and what I missed out on this year. Somehow I am gonna make it next year come hell or high water. :)

Thanks Hang10, it's for sale if you want it! :wink:

Hi Wendy,

Just catching up with the last pics from your trip. I'm proud to have gotten a shout out! Your picture of NJ was the shore and it looked like the barrier island I got married on, Long Beach Island. I live more inland. If you had had a longer layover in Philly we could have met up. One day I'll come to the West coast. Maybe next year's Oasis.

Based on your comment to Scott, I think the next Dan and Wendy trip is to Hawaii!

Those kickstarter mugs are AMAZING! and I'm always jealous of Dan's finds. I've never found a tiki in the wild. :(

Hi Wendy,

Just catching up with the last pics from your trip. I'm proud to have gotten a shout out! Your picture of NJ was the shore and it looked like the barrier island I got married on, Long Beach Island. I live more inland. If you had had a longer layover in Philly we could have met up. One day I'll come to the West coast. Maybe next year's Oasis.

Based on your comment to Scott, I think the next Dan and Wendy trip is to Hawaii!

Those kickstarter mugs are AMAZING! and I'm always jealous of Dan's finds. I've never found a tiki in the wild. :(

Oh, and Jon - LOVED your pics! The Place of Refuge was one of the highlights of my trip last summer. And I'm jealous you got to see so many turtles....

Lori- Thanx...we had a great time

Jon

TikiRootsRocka he is and we did. I just saw your latest post on facebook. People think I work hard but you really impress me with all that you have accomplished. You inspire me!

hang10tiki seeing CY's place of refuge was a highlight of our trip. Hanging out on Frog Island was super fun especially when finding a tiki here and there.

tigertail777 Tiki Kon was fun but the music was so loud that I couldn't stay and when I did I had my fingers in my ears. I recently read that this generation will be the deaf generation and that's proving to be true. Because of this I doubt that we will attend again. We couldn't enjoy the entertainment.

Cha Cha Shoe was very well behaved and fun to meet.

LoriLovesTiki it was fun to tell Dan you were down there someplace as we flew over. We just watched the first issue of The Strain and now air flight seems like scary fun. We are skipping Tiki Oasis this year but I hope to go next. It would be great to meet up there.

You would make a good detective. We recently figured out that the tikis in the wild are in junk shops rather than in antique stores. That looked like a junk shop from the parking lot. There were washers out front. Inside they had everything. I wish I'd noticed the bird on Dan's head and not cut it's top off.

==================================================================

Sorry for skipping some days. I allow myself to have diet cola's on vacation so I can stay up later but when we get home I go cold turkey and I always get a caffeine withdrawal headache. I can't look at the computer until it's gone. Today I'm ready to get back to work. But first here is the end of our trip to Tiki Kon in Portland Oregon.

We went to this event last year and decided to go again.

Outside Dan found this skull with his favorite cracked glaze. It lights up.

Inside he found this vase. It was enough tiki for him to buy it. That's all we found in 1400 booths. We had a good walk.

We went in search of other antique stores and on our way we passed The Alibi tiki bar.

Dan really liked this black velvet but it costs too much to bring home. Yippy!

We saw these antiques. Check out the prices.

We passed the other side of The Alibi as we headed back to Portland.

In the lobby of the hotel I ran into Jeff the editor in chief and Amy the Publisher of Tiki Magazine.

Outside we ran into Cathi, Margie, HB Tiki and kingstiedye. California showed up for Tiki Kon!

Marketplace opened and Dan went hunting.

Van Tiki made the mug for the event. He and his wife came clear from Oahu, Hawaii. HB Tiki stopped for a chat.

Dan found some really good albums at the sale.

I stopped to visit with Miles and Paul of Munktiki.

Amy stopped to purchase one of their custom monkey mugs.

There were new mug makers and

Deadhead Rum was there with the new Tiki Farm head for sale.

This is Stan he's new to the Tiki Event and he had done some fine paintings of Portland Tiki places.

We attended the lectures by Jeff and Marina. That's not Jeff with her.

Rugby Matt and dang it I can only remember the second guy and an alleged ax murderer. Long story.

This is Jeff showing a album of mermaids that he had borrowed.

At the lecture we ran into Moai Mike and our trip companion Polynesian Paddy.

We went to the restaurant for lunch.

We always have fun with our tiki buddies.

Justin entertaining by the pool.

The alleged ax murderer with a Munktiki Zombie Head. He got number 13.

Marina posed just for you.

Jason won the tikitender competition and the $1000 prize.

Good job of ice carving for the event.

Rugby Matt and Chop Top were bartending.

A lucky raffle winner got a custom event mug presented by the Mai Kai Mystery girl Marina.

We headed home the next morning and missed the home tour. We heard it was wonderful. At least Dan got to try a German pancake at Elmer's. It was yummy.

We stopped in Eugene and I found a light that at $75 I couldn't pass it up. Now I have to find a place to hang it.

Didn't fit but Dan can always dream.

We visited my nephew Jon who is now a full time minister in Eugene Oregon. He is my sweetheart.

Now we are home and it's time to get back to work. Thank you for the visit. Wendy

:)

Your photo recaps always make me smile!

By the time I meet all you Californians I'm going to feel like a REALLY REALLY know you and that might freak you all out, lol.

Great photos, thanks for letting us see them
Looks like you guys had fun (as usual) :)
Dan-0 that German pancake photo made me hungry...

Jon

I always love your photos and writings! And now I get to be in one. That's the back of my noggin while you guys were in the restaurant. I was going to wander over and say hi but we were off and running the whole weekend!

Jack

LoriLovesTiki I feel like I do know you. When I read your posts I can picture what you look like too.
I hope you make it to Tiki Oasis the biggest tiki gathering in the world.

hang10tiki it's so nice to have you back home. That pancake is a killer with butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar on top. I did sneak a few bites.

Keaka-tiki the noggin with the fez? I wish we had met. I know there are many people who read this but that have never posted. I would like to see a photo of every reader. That would be a blast. Please post a face showing photo here when you have the chance.
You'll be a friend from then on.

=============================================================================

I'm working on the five last special kickstarter mugs. I'll have photos soon. Meanwhile just before we left for Tiki Kon I got a good amount done on the painting for the Alien Tiki Swap. For fun my alien is the Goof from the top of the Bali Hai in San Diego. We see it every time we go to Tiki Oasis. I've put him on his home planet. He is not the statue he is alive and has both his eyes.

First I printed a photo of the Goof in the size I wanted for my painting.

I added another planet in the sky.

I cut the hat out of the picture and outlined them onto the canvas. I did the same for the face.

Next I found paints that were the right colors or I mixed my own. I started filling in the outlines.

This hat has a lot of colors.

I drew more detail onto the hat.

I filled it in with yellow paint.

Another view without the glare.

It's fun to paint and so much easier than ceramics. I just love to do both. Cheers, Wendy

T

Wow, amazing photos of what I hear was an amazing trip! Glad you two are getting to so many events and doing some traveling. You can't stay home and make mugs all the time Wendy :wink:

love ya :)

The Goof is coming to life.....

No worries Wendy, I won't change that channel... :wink:
Looks like Tiki Kon was awesome, hope to make it someday..

TikiHula we have had a wonderful year so far and I've made a lot of tikis in between trips.

hang10tiki it's fun that we both chose the same guy as an alien.

Beachbumz it's a fun event in a beautiful setting. My only complaint is that all these events play the music so loud it hurts. I've lost so much of my hearing from the noise of my profession that I have to run away from all the entertainment less I go completely deaf.

===================================================================

More photos for the Alien Tiki swap.

After mixing up some colors for flesh I started to fill in the face.

I cut out the section that was dark and then using the other half I filled that missing portion in.

Then I took the other half off and started to lighten areas such as the cheeks.

I cut up the face again and used pieces to help me locate where to put the eyes.

It's like a puzzle that I just piece together.

Lips.

Eyeballs.

Teeth.

Now I'm getting somewhere. Cheers, Wendy

Me like
A lot

hang10tiki thank you so much for the over the top present today. I'll get a photo soon. Dan is having a blast.

================================================

Just a couple more steps completed for the Alien Tiki Swap.

I covered the sky with stars. I used a special ceramics paint that sparkles as you walk by. This makes the painting seem alive.

I also added a small earth in the background.

I've been working hard on the special kickstarter mugs. I'll find energy tomorrow to post some photos.

I hope you are all out having fun (except hang10 who is working) and enjoying life. Cheers, Wendy

tigertail777 I enjoyed every second of this video. I took a semester of potters wheel in college and my sister was a potter for many years. Thank you very much for sharing.

Jesse Guiher shared Dursun Ali ErzincanlĂ˝'s video.

July 14

Some new techniques for you to try, Wendy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=771474389537428

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-19 22:23 ]

What you say Wendy? What?? :D :P

I hear ya though.. :wink: My ears are usually blocked up with so much sand
from getting pounded at the beach bodysurfing, etc that I don't mind
that too much.. Especially if it's some good ExoTica.. :wink:

Glad the box made it there safe
Have fun :)
The Goof is looking great

Jon

Beachbumz I remember Dan running from the beach yelling my ears are full of sand what do I do? I just said honey go dunk your head back in the ocean.

hang10tiki your Goof looks great. It's always fun to see where each swap ends up. Dan's playing your CD's every day.

================================================================

The weekend started with Dan pruning in our backyard. He's earning more tiki money because I get to glaze instead of help.

Tiki Hula came by to help me out with a future project.

Mahalo Tiki came for a visit and we discussed glazing on each of his mug projects. They have a kiln and they are doing the work themselves.

I was so happy to see Mary's skirt. It had a Frankoma War God on the front and back. I'll be sending this photo to Joniece Frank. I help Joniece keep a record of how her design shows up. It's even been in a Tiki Art Shark painting and one by flounder.

ebTiki likes to see our trip hauls of tiki items. We were gone 13 days and searched everywhere along the way. Here's what we found.

I don't know why I picked up a mug of a British looking man but I did and found out he's special.

Have you figured out why?

It's Captain Cook who discovered the many islands we all love. Hawaii the best among them.

At the Portland Expo Dan found a skull lamp.

Then at an antique store he found a lamp that looks like an alien. Dan has a lamp fetish.

Here's the total haul.

===========================================================

I continue to work on the kickstarter mugs. 8 hours to glaze one was giving me a headache so I now spend two days to do one.
If only glaze took one layer instead of three to finish. These are all done with underglaze which is like chalk. That way it stays put and doesn't travel.

Here is the mug I altered. I choose to do a night scene and Tiki Atari said he'll call this the lake version rather than ocean.

The areas that have been left white will match the inside of the mug. A blue with silver sparkles as shown on the glaze test earlier. The whole mug will sparkle.

Thank you for visiting I look forward to your critiques. Wendy

Great haul

Good to see you're still hard at work, Wendy!

Me - not so much.... my hubby is on vacation this week but we're staying home. Getting stuff accomplished in the mornings and floating in the pool in the afternoon and making tiki drinks at night. Last night was Painkillers. I haven't been inside much but always try to pop in for your thread.

Lori- floating in da pool
Painkillers

Sounds great
Njoy sista

hang10tiki You've made my painting so much better. When it's all done It would be wonderful to have it look this way one more time. Dan's going through the music every day. Sometimes when I glaze I listen too.

LoriLovesTiki it sounds like a perfect way to have a vacation. When you finish a project like your kitchen please share.

==============================================================

I continue to work each day on Tiki Atari's Horror in Clay project. These are the 1/1's that I have altered for him.

This was the first one I did to make the background different before he gave me a list of his ideas. He did let me choose all the glaze colors but with a focus on the Blue Teal which is his signature color for this creation of his.

Routine. Cover the mug in the Blue Teal.

Wipe it off the raised areas.

Paint each raised area with different colors of underglaze.

All done.

Next up is the Tapa version. Same procedure.

After it was wiped I used a different blue to color the flat areas of tapa.

There has never been a fast way to do these mugs. It is all slow detailed work. I'm doing the last mug today then they will go into the kiln when they are completely dry.

It's in the 80's today and so nice. Cheers, Wendy

T

On 2014-07-21 21:35, hang10tiki wrote:

Ha ha ha. Good one!

Wendy, I watch your detailed glazing and I'm continually impressed with your patience and attention to detail. I truly hope everyone realizes that a) (the act of) glazing is painful (and slow and so much work) and b) no one does this as well- or as with much detail, as Wendy.

As painful as it is to watch you glaze these (and realizing how much work it is), I can't wait to see these fired! :)

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2014-07-23 11:41 ]

T

Fire Fire Fire!!!

So much detail in each of those mugs. It just amazes me. I think the Tapa is my favorite, but you know me, I love all that you do.

• Dale

What TikiHula said

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10816 replies