Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - The repaired mug goes to La Mariana on Oahu

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,811 replies

I

Wendy, your thread is the highlight of my TikiCentral browsing!

they're all great, but the lamp is really amazing!

hang10tiki

LoriLovesTiki

IDoVoodoo

kingstiedye

Thank you all so much for your comments. This is what makes my days so special. I appreciate everyone who looks at or comments on my thread. We live the tiki life.

I am so happy with my decision to make the sculpture of the Maori lamp blank so that each one will be carved in a unique way keeping each one a 1/1 design. I already have one ordered for Wish List #6. I've started the order binder but the projects won't start until the end of this year. Too many projects underway right now.

=======================================

Wish List #5 progress report.

First up is Johnny Velvet's supercarved Tiki Bob.

There was some leaching of brown onto the chin. I had this problem a lot this time around. I'm not sure if it can be fixed but I'm going to try. If I can't fix it I will discount the mug.

Next up is hang10tikis two Tiki Bob's. One holding a coconut and

one holding a Tiki Bob.

More than one leached spot on these two Bob's. I have work to do to see if I can fix them or not.

Next up is LoriLoveTiki's Tiki Bob.

One after the next I have Tiki Bob's needing help. Even the black of the eyes spread out a bit on this mug.

Now for IDoVooDoo's Snake Charmer bowl. I haven't yet painted on the face because this has an area to be re-glazed too.

One thin area of glaze. This is an easy fix.

If my glazes had behaved I'd be shipping like crazy. Instead I'll be fine tuning these to see if I can fix them.
I'll try to put up the rest of the Wish List photos tomorrow. So if you haven't seen yours they will be here soon.
Just to name a few, Tiki Vato, RVICTOR, Wood Tiki, ebtiki, none of those need repairs.

Now it's time to go to work. Cheers, Wendy

Seems like you have way more leaching with these than other Bobs, I wonder why...

Different brand of glaze? Hotter firing?

I'm sure you'll get them fixed up in mo time! Whatever you think is best is all right by me.

I

Wow! It's great! I can't believe how much the glazes change color when fired!

Dig it
Dig it
Awesome
Awesome
Both Bobs look thirsty
Maybe I'll mx em up a cocktail soon...
:)

M

This picture put a smile on my face. Nice work!

LoriLovesTiki glaze is a mystery. Any of what you wrote could do it or maybe I forgot to shake it up. Others were perfect. I'll try to fix them. Overall they look good compared to many mug out there I just like to do the best I can.

IDoVoodoo that's why when I glaze I have the test strips in front of me so I don't make a mistake. I love that glaze in the bowl so much I bought some more jars of it.

hang10tiki Dan is working on the CD you requested of the percussion album you gave him for his birthday. He said that one other of the albums had the same style music so since there was room he added it too. I'll put it in the box with your mugs. Tiki Hula will be at Tiki Caliente so I'm looking forward to those photos of Janelle surrounded by all my tiki buddies.

MaukaHale thank you. This is also the fun part for me.

=======================

Going for a walk now but later today I'll post more photos of the Wish List #5 projects. Wendy

Wish List #5 Progress Report

Today was a day to box up more of the projects that didn't need work. Or it was completed. Here's our day in the tiki factory.

Before I could ship the Maori Lamp to Tyber Tiki I needed to fix up his small tiki statue. Since it is not going to be used for drink I could paint the face with enamel.

I did the first layer and

then a second layer.

Then he was sent to jail where he fired.

Now he's looking good and ready to ship. Tyber Tiki he'll be in the mail tomorrow with the Lamp.

Tiki Vato your turn has come I hope you like my glaze choice. He'll ship tomorrow.

=============================================

ebtiki your Angry Bob is boxed and also will ship tomorrow.

========================================

RVICTOR your Tiki Modern mug is also done and will ship tomorrow.

========================================

Tiki Wahini your Rasta Bob is done, boxed and will start the journey to you tomorrow.

==================================

I need you all to check over your Wish and let me know by tomorrow morning if you are happy and that I should ship.
When I know the cost of shipping I will send you a total.

Thank you for all the challenges these presented. I loved doing them.

=================================

I worked today on re-glazing all the rest and hopefully it will work and they will come out of the kiln looking fine. If not we will deal with it then. I still have another day or two of re-glazing to do. One layer at a time.

One day soon the Wish List will be complete. I have more to share. Cheers, Wendy

PS you know I love your comments

Wowza Wendy! Rasta Bob is perfect! I guess all that BAKING was good for him! And RVICTOR's Tiki Modern Mug is just fantastic! I've been waiting to see him finished too. Thanks so much. Lynn

R

Looks good Wendy! Look forward to adding it to the collection.

T

On 2015-05-03 17:40, danlovestikis wrote:
Wish List #5 Progress Report

Tiki Vato your turn has come I hope you like my glaze choice. He'll ship tomorrow.

Awesome. Can't wait to take cactus Bob to his new home in the desert where he belongs. I will send you the payment as soon as you calculate the shipping costs. A true work of art. I will post pictures in his new home. Thanks Wendy.

TT

Awesome Wendy! Love how the small tiki statue turned out. I cannot even tell where the fix was applied. The Tiki modern mug also looks great, I really like the contrast in colors...this mug really stands out!

Tyber Tiki

Lookin good
Sorry to see Bob in jail :)

Found this at a Garage sale this weekend. Don't worry, Wendy, I'll give it a good home!

Tikiwahini I've never had a Wowza before! Thank you for that and for thinking up this fun mug for me to make. Maybe you could post a photo here of the Disneyland Fink and Rasta Bob together. Or email the photo to me and I'll post it.

RVICTOR I would love for you to post a photo of where he sits in your collection.

TikiVato I would love to have a photo of Cactus Body Bob in the desert. That would be so cool well maybe hot!

Tyber Tiki the small Bob will stay looking good unless you put him in hot water, cold is fine.

hang10tiki small Bob is out of jail and on the way to Tyber Tiki's.

KrakenHunterSteve well this is an interesting story. Last I knew Tiki G had the clay sculpture. I repaired it and sent it to him. It is made of Sculpy Clay and will crack if it is subjected to changes in temperature. Keep him in our house and never in the garage! That is the prototype to my Zombie Torch mugs. One of the very first mugs I ever sculpted.

Progress Report on Wish List #5 and assorted tasks.

I needed to redo Professor G's fogcutter mugs. The regular Royal Blue glaze wasn't working on this larger mug. So we went to Alpha Fired Arts and I bought some self glazing underglazes. I found one that is just right and also got a couple others.

I buy new colors I have to do glaze tests.

Dan is my packer/shipper. He worked for a couple of days to box some mugs and the HUGE Maori lamp.

We ran out of supplies and made a trip to the box store.

Today we shipped to Tikiwahini, ebtiki, RVICTOR, Tiki Vato and Pocketiki in the United Kingdom.

=====================================

This wish is for Vance Klinke. It is the most elaborate glazing I've ever tried and it turned out just fine. However the face wasn't as white as I like so I'm holding it back to touch up with other Bobs.

===============================================

This wish is for Wood Tiki aka WoodyMilleArts.com. It too is being held back for more white glaze on the face.

==================================================

Tiki Hula, Dan and I went to the Western Festival in Elk Grove, CA. We had a nice time before it really started and then we went home.

The parade lines up in our neighborhood so each year we drive past it rather than sit and wait for it.

================================================

After a day of glazing I'm ready to relax so it's good night, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-05-04 21:25 ]

More great colors from the kiln I see

Ps- always use the rear view mirrors
You never know who might be following you

GROG where are you now?

hang10tiki I missed that, I miss him. I miss you. I miss free time. Not really. Today was super busy with repairs.

=================================

Before I show all the work on repairs in progress of the Tiki Bob mugs I want to share my Tiki Oasis 15 project.
Last year Baby Doe allowed artists to paint or do ceramics. We had gone to Oasis 7 years in a row to we didn't
attend so I didn't do art for the show.

This year we are going to Tiki Oasis. I have made a space ship while working on the Wish List. I started showing the steps a few pages back. I'm working to eliminate some of the 100's of photos so I may post them here tomorrow.

The Tiki Bobs and this Space Ship are firing in the kiln tonight.

Back tomorrow, Wendy

This is the Space Ship project for the art show at Tiki Oasis 15. This is a ship designed by a woman (me) for a woman space traveler. When she lands her craft, called Rotorua Rocket, it can be filled with fuel that can be drunk by earthlings like herself.

I cast one of my hula girls.

She needs to have her hands free for steering the craft so I cut off the arms and hands.

Next I started to repair these areas.

I made a new set of arms, a steering structure and a lower body that will keep her upright in the control area of the craft.

Fine tuned and ready

to dry.

I cast a cannibal pot.

I turned it over and cut out the window.

Next I checked the fit into the bowl aka bottom portion of the craft.

I added some side jets to the craft.

These should have flames coming out of them.

I decided that the top portion needs some doodads.

Now that they are added

I checked to see how well she fit into her craft. She barely (ha ha) fit. So after this top shrinks from drying and the bisque fire I wouldn't be able to get her inside her ship.

So I added two back windows. I can tilt her in with her head out one window and then bring her body down into position. Now I started to do some carving on the ship.

Even more carving.

I added doodads to the ships "bowl" and did similar carving on it.

Then I decided that I might as well carve the inside of the bowl too.

All done.

Even though it is drying the pieces still fit together well.

These pieces all dried for 3 weeks. Then I sanded it all and put them into the kiln.

Once they came out of the kiln I scrubbed them really well.

Nothing cracked or exploded. All is well.

I put all three pieces together.

This sat under a plastic table cloth until yesterday when I glazed it. Photos tomorrow.

I know my craft is energy efficient. I just hope it flies. Cheers, Wendy

Looks great Wendy. Can't wait to see it "take off!"

We had fun on Oahu and Maui! Wish we could have been there when you were there :)

Climbed some mountains...

Found some blowholes...

Made friends with the locals...

Watched some sunsets... (like 10)

Visited some mugmakers...

And came back with some mugs!

Scott and Rob were super nice guys, showering me with gifts and everything. Gecko has been busy making mugs. We are happy to have so much cool stuff to bring back. Every mug maker gave me a shirt, now I have plenty of cool clothes. Picked up some Aloha shirts from Bailey's too. Fun trip!

T

I got Cactus Bob in the mail today. Nice packing job Wendy and Dan. Cactus Bob was quickly greeted by Tiki Bobbetts,

then joined the other Bobs.

Thank you Wendy for all the hard work and attention to detail in all the mugs you handcraft.
I will update pictures of Cactus Bob when he makes it to his home in the desert.

Wendy- wow, killer space ship
Treg- great pics of Hawaii Bruddah
Vato- awesome Bob collection

Very cool ship Wendy, gonna glaze-fuse the pieces together?

T

Wendy, that piece is out of this world!

Love the carving on the ship the mostest- and love how you are able to see your pre-existing forms recreate themselves in new forms. Inspired stuff!

And yes, "barely...."

Treg, great photos.

TikiVato, Boberiffic!

I admit I haven't been around TC much recently, time to read back a few pages... please stand by.

Okay, I'm back after checking the past few pages- holy cow! I missed the kiln opening! Wow, that lamp is absolutely stunning. Love all of the Wish List projects- Jon's Bob Combo might be my favorite of THIS Wish List- but all are amazing. Rasta Bob came out great- and I also love that interior glaze on the Hula Girl bowl.

SO excited to see the Tiki Modern mug get glaze fired- WOW.

The only thing I can think of re: glazes leeching into Tiki Bob's face would be, once again, to use wax resist on top of the white. You can dilute the wax resist quite a bit with water so it lasts longer/ goes further. Then again, if you haven't had this problem before there must be a reason why it happened. Or, possibly not- maybe the kiln gods were just playing with you on this load?

To this photo, I can only say, "Dan, it might be time to stop day drinking."

Wendy, you might find this interesting- my clay studio had a French visiting artist come and do a demonstration last weekend- I missed it (had to work), but I've seen a video of how he works. It shows quite a bit what happens inside a kiln as it fires. He raku fires pieces, then opens up the kiln and adds glaze when it's at temperature. The glaze quickly hardens (into glass) midair and leads to some pretty spectacular results. This isn't quite tiki, but glaze related- so thought you might want to see. He calls it "Raku Punk."

Here's the link to some photos from that day: http://californiaphotodreams.smugmug.com/Clients/Jean-Francois-BOURLARD/

You can also look up by "Raku Punk" or by his name, above. This video shows the process. It's in French, so I don't know what's being said, but it might be interesting for us clay folk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9KVoHzcxs

Sorry for the long post!

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2015-05-06 22:05 ]

R

Wendy -
Thanks for the Tiki Modern Mug. It came out great! Very happy with it being my first Cevola Mug.

Here it is next to the other mugs in the collection...It really stands out.

I can tell all the time and energy you put into this mug...it will always have a special place in my collection.

Robert

RVICTOR - That looks to me to be the best mugs based on a book in my opinion. Great idea and amazing workmanship!

T

Yep, I got to see it just before she shipped it - rvictor you are a lucky man. That is one of her best!

Treg - looks like you had a great time in the Islands. See ya soon at Caliente.

Wendy, that spaceship looks great and I'm excited to see it finished!

Crazy good (well great really!) Wendy.

lunavideogames me too!

lunavideogames wonderful photos, there can never be too many. I recognize some of the places. Maui Rob and Beachbumz made our visit super special. It's fun to visit Maui just to see them. Same with Tiki Oasis it's all the friends that make it wonderful.

TikiVato Cactus Bob looks very happy. He sure is in good company. You have a wonderful collections. I look forward to seeing him on vacation at the desert. No hurry when he shows up it will be a fun occasion. Thank you so much for the photos.

hang10tiki (((:

MadDogMike yep you figured that out. I needed to get all the glaze perfect and then do one last firing to fuse them. Then I will still need to paint on her face. It's fun to cut loose. You do it all the time and we all appreciate your creativity.

TikiAno it's so good to have you visit. I know how your business is busy!!! Also I don't know how you ever stop just staring at your beautiful boy long enough to type!

I'm enjoying the positive comments on my Rocket Ship design, thank you.

SO excited to see the Tiki Modern mug get glaze fired- WOW.

The only thing I can think of re: glazes leeching into Tiki Bob's face would be, once again, to use wax resist on top of the white. You can dilute the wax resist quite a bit with water so it lasts longer/ goes further. Then again, if you haven't had this problem before there must be a reason why it happened. Or, possibly not- maybe the kiln gods were just playing with you on this load?

To this photo, I can only say, "Dan, it might be time to stop day drinking."

Opening the kiln is fun but as I check each piece over I always spot more work to do.

Raku is a good way to burn yourself. It is fascinating to know someone thought it up.

Longer the posts the better. This was a good one.

RVICTOR I enjoy watching your thread and seeing what you make. Thank you for the photo. We are already missing that mug!

lunavideogames RVICTOR came up with a wonderful Wish and he really challenged me to glaze it this well.

TikiHula thank you. It's fun to do a ceramic for Tiki Oasis but painting each year is important to me as well. I don't want to lose that skill. I'll have it here for you to examine when you visit next.

Atomic Tiki Punk welcome back. Thank you. I'm having so much tiki fun.

==========================================

This has been a busy week. The older we get the more doctors appointments and tests we get to have. This week I had a MRI brain scan because I have hearing loss greater on one side than the other. I wasn't worried because my mom became deaf in one ear, the same ear where mine is worse. The scan was negative except for the many tikis in there. I'm hoping for new hearing aids.

==========================================
When we last visited kingstiedye aka Bullet he asked me to do some repair work on his tikis. Also I needed to spray some fix on two clay tikis I had made for him in the past. If you paint Sculpey it will eventually turn sticky. I found a ceramic spray that takes the tackiness away.

He gave me a broken hat, at chipped shrunken head hair lid and a glaze skipped Tiki Bai mug.

I used Elmer's wood filler to rebuild the missing pieces.

After they dried over night I could carve the straw hole better.

Sand the hair repair.

I got more filler and made it the right consistency for sculpting.

I added more to the hat to build the brim.

Now they dried over night again and were sanded in the morning.

Now it was time to paint them. First the hair.

I had also filled the glaze skipped areas and sanded them. Now I mixed three colors to get the one on this mug.

I blended them in. This mug will be for display only or the paint will come off.

Next I found a flat ceramic paint to add to the hat. I used my finger to wipe off the brush strokes.

All the projects were finished and I called Bullet to come pick them up.

He did and we had a wonderful fun visit.

================================

Doctors orders we are going for a walk. I'll try to post more later today. Cheers, Wendy

Glad the MRI was ok
But I know what's wrong
Ummmmm
YA got a FrankinFink in that ear

The last pic is kool
That's one happy King

T

Wendy, Tiki Ari wanted to say hi, but he was too busy.... drinking. Should I be worried?
(he's using my latest mug out of the kiln-I've neglected posting a bit of my recent clay progress here on TC).

On occasion he comes up for air...

Continue to feel good... so you can keep making beautiful art that makes so many others feel good!

By the way, I (too) love the Space Ship... wowzers.

W

That space ship is looking great! What a concept, love it. I love my Bob too! He looks so awesome! Sorry for so many exclamation points, it's just great stuff.

hang10tiki I bet Bullet will be over soon to get that fink out of my ear!

TikiAno look at all that hair. He's so beautiful and the mug looks good too. Keep those photos coming. I'm so glad that the space ship is "liked". Oops that's fb.

Woodtiki thank you too for the spaceship comment, I love !!!'s. I'm still working on your mugs face along with LoriLovesTiki and some others.

======================

Busy busy busy so far behind in posting too. I will catch up so you all know where your Wishes are at and who has mugs on the way. I will do some billing today. We shipped four boxes yesterday.

We also had a fun meal out with Mahalo Tiki. Here are photos of us being really bad!

See I do sometimes take time off.

We are leaving on our walk and I'll be back later. I know I said that on the last post but I really plan too this time.

Cheers, Wendy

Today we went to Alpha Fired Arts and spent my Wish List money on new glazes and replacement glazes for those I'd used up. This is Brian the owner.

New glazes need those tests done.

Finished and waiting to fire.

The next story will tell why I needed to go to Alpha today.

============

I have a whole lot of catching up to do. Here goes. I'm starting with the long story of Jen Tiki's tiki mug #8.

My idea of a dark Caribbean blue was based on what glazes I had on hand. When it came out of the kiln it needed more glaze to be applied. It was then that Jen Tiki said the color I had in mind is darker like the Tiki News Magazine's tiki.
Dan had one in his collection.

I took it to my kiln shed and looked at all the glaze strips that were on the wall.

I found the color in one small jar of underglaze.

I started out by adding more of the lime green color.

Next I added more of the new darker glaze over the lighter glaze and

hoped that it would work.

I still have lots to learn about glazing.

This was the first time I've put underglaze over regular glaze.

All done with one coat.

When that coat dried I added another.

Putting glaze on when the carving is deep makes it easy to miss a spot so I also do it upside down.

IT just takes patience to get it right

and I'm willing to try and try again.

Now the two layers of clear glaze have been put on and this mug was fired in the kiln.

When it came out it had a lot of areas with spots of the lighter glaze showing through. Bummer. But today I went to Alpha and found the best dark Caribbean glaze they had.

I covered the mug with this glaze.

It doesn't require the clear coat. I think it is what was actually used for the Moai mug. It has two layers and is waiting for the next kiln firing.

============================
Now I'm going to hop around a bit.

I had many of the Tiki Bobs with tiny amounts of color bleeding into the white around the edges. I didn't know if I could fix these but I wanted to try.

I covered all the unwanted color with white underglaze, several coats.

LoriLovesTiki's mug had it by far the worst.

So I actually used more of a different Royal Blue glaze to cover it over.

Then to make sure it all looked the same

I gave the whole mug more coats.

I did this to Vance's mug and

to johnnyvelvet's mug and

Kenneth G. McNeils mug.

Then I coated it all with clear glaze and let them dry.

My photos are out of order. This is also one for Kenneth.

I also did Wood Tiki's mug and

Then I did this one for hang10tiki and

this one for him too.

Next I did some touch ups on IDoVooDoo's bowl.

Now I'm going way back. This little guy for Professor G was supposed to be blue. So I added some and re-glazed him.

He's all done.

I did find out that if you mix brown and blue glaze it comes out black. So the rims didn't do what I'd hoped.

Professor G's two fogcutter mugs need a third firing with a different type of glaze. I'm covering an IN glaze

with a same color CN glaze.

The next bunch of photos are of the three part Space Ship for Tiki Oasis 15. As MadDogMike suggested I do plan to fire them a second time with them all together to fuse into one piece. But first I want to make sure all the pieces are glazed just right. As I've shown above there can be problems.

Loading the kiln.

Bottom shelf.

Yesterday Dan shipped mugs to Kenneth G. McNeil, hang19tiki, Professor G and johnnyvelvet. I'll show their finished mugs tomorrow if I can find the time.

This mug for Wood Tiki and the next mug

for Vance were fine except that they needed a bit more gloss. So I used a CN white this time.

Out of the kiln the mug for Kenneth G. McNeil had a major runny nose.

So he's getting a complete makeover. I will have to re-carve a similar mug for Mr. McNeil. I started by re-glazing the inside of the mug to a speckled blue.

Then I did two layers of the same Royal blue on the mugs for Professor G. His came out just fine and so I know the CN glaze will cover over IN glazes.

I call this mug Phantom of the Oprah Bob.

==============================

So as you can tell from some of the photos the kiln has been opened and I have more to show. Today Dan and I worked on the projects that needed touchups and also on the Hula Girl Hot Tubs. I'm trying to get a load done so I can fire again. So lots of work in progress and lots more to show.

This took two hours to put together and I'm beat and heading to bed. I hope you'll reward me with a few comments.

Cheers, Wendy the sleepy head.

One heck of an update......
Love your show

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 10, 2015 11:21 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2015-05-10 11:39 ]

C
cy posted on Sun, May 10, 2015 2:35 PM

No one has a better, more inspiring thread than this one Wendy!!

No way
Grog in da house

hang10tiki thank you so much. My mom taught me to share.

GROG you made our day. We have been sharing these photos with our family. Dan's still cracking up. It's so good to hear from you. After looking at these photos I'm sure that Dan has the same blood that flows in your hairy body.

cy I'm not so sure of that because I've been watching your posts on facebook. I need to pop over to see them all together on your carving thread. You've go some great new designs to show off.

hang10tiki he needs to have fun and check out all the photos he's been in on here.

Thank you everyone for the fun photos and comments.

Wish List #5 update

Kenneth G. McNeil's mug got a runny nose so I need to start over again.

I carved the mug in a similar way but not exactly the same. I need to keep them 1/1's.

===================

I glazed a flame for a Torch Bob mug that hasn't been fired yet.

The third time I glazed and fired Professor G's fogcutter mugs they turned out just right. So they had 3 layers of IN Royal blue, fired, 2 layers of IN Royal blue, fired, 3 Layers of CN Dark Delft which looks just like Royal Blue.

Then to the room where I paint with enamel called Liquitex Glossies.

These mugs have a rock wall with a view of the sky behind the palms.

It is a very starry night.

It took 3 hours to paint on all the stars.

The mugs dried over night a and then were baked in the home oven at 325 for 45 minutes.

IDoVooDoo's Snake Charmer bowl came out of the kiln with the glaze skip gone.

I couldn't remember which side it was on so

I took a photo of both sides.

Next I painted her face. She too was baked in the home oven.

Black Velvet.

The Hula Girl Hot Tub's were a surprise addition to this years Wish List. This is the first one. I wanted to make sure all the glazes would workout using them this way.

They worked.

She's just how I pictured her.

So off to get her face added.

I am currently glazing the last 6. This one was for Dan. It will be labeled #7

This is the Space Ship for Tiki Oasis 15. It was glazed and fired in three pieces. Now I can add more glaze to perfect it and then fire it put together like this so it is one piece. Then I'll Paint her face and maybe some tattoos. It is a Maori craft.

Wendy!

YOU ARE KILLING IT!

AMAZING!

AMAZERING!

PERFECT!

My beautiful bowl is just perfect! I'm so happy I asked you for it!

And I cannot get over your Spaceship! I am definitely going to need one! Can't live without it!

I can't wait to see if the fix for my mug worked! I have faith in you!

I love the speckled glaze on Vance's Bob! Very cool & different.

Am I the only one who sees a Hitler Bob on the mug with the glaze that ran under his nose????? With just a little more glaze he'd be done. LOL

Wow
Wow
Wow

Outstanding

Did I say wow
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDoVoodoo I loved doing your two projects and then having you choose one of mine was icing on the cake. Thank you. I look forward to a visit to pick them up in June???

LoriLovesTiki you and Dan think alike. He said change it into a mustache. I didn't since it ran from the tip of the nose on down.

I have little faith in glaze but hopefully this fix will work. I used all the same glazes as I used on the Turtle.

hang10tiki I hear you and I appreciate you! You are a WOW.

===============================

Tikiwahini sent me a present. Thank you so much. I'd never seen this one before and it's so Hawaiian! I loved the card too.

I will think of you each time I use it which will be all the time!!!

Thank you johnnyvelvet and Tyber Tiki for the gifts you sent.

GROG you blew Dan's mind with the perfect photos of his new look. You two should hang out together.

Tiki Oasis 15 Art Show Rotorua Rocket Ship second phase of the trip.

I gathered up the glazes and touched up the ships captain.

I found that the first trip had burned up the name on the bottom.

I've re-glazed it. This might not work either and then I'll do it in enamel.

I covered the outside with another layer or silver glaze.

I added glaze to the bottom of the top and stuck it to the bowl.

I did the same with the bottom of the captain.

All done and ready to fire again. Every place where glaze touches between pieces they should fuse together. This should become one piece of art.

When the firing is complete I will paint the face of the captain.

I have the bottom of the kiln filled. Now I need to glaze enough for the top level.

In this load is Phantom of the Oprah, Jen Tiki, Vance Kline, Wood Tiki and LoriLovesTiki. The top level should be the
Hula Girl Hot Tubs number 1 through 6 for this Wish List #5.

Thank you all for the visit. Tiki people are the nicest people and the best friends, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-05-12 09:24 ]

Well I revieved a text from da spousal unit while at work
That the mail man dropped off a box today
A box from Cevola Island
:)

Ahhhhhhh
Safe and sound
Thanks you guys
They both look amazing...................
I can't wait to fill em up with a tasty cocktail

Hanging out with the rest of the family

I think June should work nicely. This month is crazy busy!

hang10tiki did you mean the Cevola jungle? I see your Cevola cornor and it makes me blush. Thank you for those photos and your friendship.

IDoVoodoo June it is. We can figure it out when it's closer. Wood Tiki and Vance Klinke will come to pick up their wishes too.

============================

I found a lost photo of IDoVooDoo's bowl, Dan's Hula Girl Hot Tub and Professor G's fogcutter mugs baking in the oven after painting them with Liquitex Glossies an enamel paint. This paint can't tolerate hot water or scrubbing but cold water washing with something soft works.

=============================

Working for a couple of days on the Hula Girl Hot Tubs

Six to glaze for this Wish List #5 after that they can be ordered on Wish List #6.

First, not shown is that I sprayed water inside the coconut to prevent too much glaze from sticking. I then filled the coconut with glaze and let it sit for 10 seconds.

Pouring it out mad a huge mess all over the girls and the coconut.

All 6 done and waiting for the next step.

I put Dan to work scrubbing the outside of the coconuts and the top rim. He used a stiff brush and a washcloth. It took hours to clean these. Someone know a faster way?

He listened to music while he worked and he got them all done.

I used several kinds of brushes to remove the glaze from the top part of the girls.

Hours later they were done and got to sit overnight.

The next day I did three layers of flesh color on each girl

and then let them dry.

Then I did the tips of the n...!

Black hair came next.

This shows one layer of three.

By nighttime the hair was done and

so were the flowers.

These are a hard project to glaze but I'm so happy with how they turn out.

Cheers, Wendy

Nice 6 pak of hula girls :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10811 replies