Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - New colors of the Frank mug by Frankoma now available.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,816 replies

Tikiwahini this is the only mug I've done with RVICTOR

Is it IDoVooDoo's cannibal bowl with tiki cook that you like?
He's named it The Offering. I have started a Wish List #7 binder
even though that's so very far away. I have 23 Hot Tub Hula Girls to
make next. But who knows, I started this Wish List months before I'd
planned too.

TikiAno I just thought about you yesterday and the last nice visit we had. Thank you again for the necklaces. I'm so glad you do pop in from time to time. I just knew with your darling baby boy you'd be spending all your free time cuddling him! You are a good day.

IDoVoodoo is the project done or does it need tweaking on the tiki? The pot fired last night. The tiki is drying slowly.

================================

Wish List #6 progress report. A while back I made a Gilligan's Island mug for Tikiwahini and then I broke it. I wasn't able to repair it so I started over. Practice really helps. This mug is better than the first because I figured out how to do it better.

This time Gilligan has ears. I hope you don't mind Tikiwahini.

Here's the back in progress.

Fine tuning the tiny tiki.

These small ones are a challenge.

With the hat in place and plastic wrap keeping it from sticking I added clay all the way around so that the
cap will sit securely.

Now he will sit in a bag until this soft clay is firm.

The biggest challenge is the ships wheel. That's the part I broke last time around by picking up the mug with my thumb in the middle of the wheel. Dry clay is very brittle and I learned the hard way. Here's how I made it.

Different tools for different cuts.

Now it sits in plastic until it is firm enough to pick up.

Once it is firm I was able to carve the lettering or

for the smallest letters to push in the clay with a sharp stick.

More tomorrow, cheers, Wendy

Yes Wendy, I meant IDoVooDoo's cannibal bowl! Of course RVICTOR'S Tiki Modern mug is the bomb!

Gilligan's ears add so much more character to his face!! Now he really is the Skipper's little buddy!

It's amazing! Thank you!

Tikiwahini I'm so glad I made and molded the cannibal bowl a few years back because I have 3 requests for them on Wish List #7.
I'm so happy you like the ears. Tiki Bob has really been dressing up these past years. Your creations are super fun to make.

IDoVoodoo thank you, in a couple of days I'll open the kiln to see if the bowl part made it through. Parts could have fallen off, you just never know!

==========================

Wish List #6 Tikiwahini's Gilligan mug is finished and ready to dry.

The next step was to add Gilligan's arms.

I did not bend them up. I cut them at the elbows end then stuck them back on.

I used slip, that has thickened up, as glue.

I placed the ships wheel and bent the hands.

It was good that I broke the first one because as it dried and shrunk I wasn't sure how I could get behind the wheel to glaze it. This time I made sure there is enough room.

His hat is also more securely on his head.

There is a straw hole on the top.

Time for close up views.

Now if I can concentrate and not break this we will be happy sailors.

Now I'll be moving on to the next Wish.

Cheers, Wendy

Little buddy looks good....

hang10tiki have you been to Gilligan's in Laughlin? Someone on fb wrote to me and said it's a really fun place. Glad you like Gilligan the sequel.

==========================

Wish List #6 Progress Report. Here are two Tiki Bob mugs designed by the Groom for his wedding. It is a secret from his bride so I can't show the back or bottoms which have their names and wedding date.

He wanted the groom to be in a tuxedo but wearing a tie. Once I started I found I didn't have enough room for the pocket and handkerchief he also requested. So I cut some clay to add.

I glued it to the mug with slip and added clay to lock it in place.

Here I add clay to the front.

Now I had just enough room. I also added the boutonniere he requested.

Next the rings around the body were added.

Close up of the flower. The groom is done.

Next the bride. I started by feminizing her with lips, eyelashes and !!!.

He said her gown which he hasn't seen has a V neckline so I added that plus arms.

He asked for flowers in her hair and a bouquet in her hands.

All Done.

The happy couple on their wedding day.

I sure hope to have photos of them with the mugs when the day comes many months from now. Cheers to the couple, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-11-19 10:03 ]

Never been there...

The wedding Bobs are awesome
They look great

:)

Lovin' those Wedding Bobs

hang10tiki I think it would be fun to see Laughlin and Gilligan's since we haven't been there in a decade.
Tiki Bob is still popular.

Holler Waller thank you, the groom was really happy but he only posts on fb.

==================================

Wish List #6 Progress Report. It's good thing I started three months early because I'm still sculpting every day. It's fun to be months ahead of when I planned to start. In addition to sculpting here's what we've been doing over the last few days.

I dressed up for my time in the garage sanding.

When I started I spent so much money on sandpaper until someone told me about this reusable mesh. You can cut it up or keep it big. You can crunch it up so that it's soft enough to sand curves. It's wonderful. You can even wash it with a hose when it gets clogged. Jen Tiki's bowl.

Barbara Lawrence's mermaid mug.

Dan blew off the dust and

we loaded the top level of the kiln. The bottom level was filled back in October 29th. I have to work as the pieces dry.

Two days later we opened the kiln to see how they turned out.

Unloading I checked each piece. Jen Tiki's little lost tiki aka Ken Ruzic bowl is fine!

Now to unload the bottom level.

All the pieces have been brought outside to the table for washing.

The only problem I found was on the wall plaque. Two pieces of clay slabs separated. I will see if I can cover this with magic mend for glazing. It will certainly reduce the price I charge.

The rest is fine and now it's time to brave the ice water which I saved in covered cans for the past month. No wasting water in California.

lunavideogames your mug should go into an aquarium. It looks good in water.

The water still looks good enough to continue saving for this task.

IDoVooDoo's cannibal bowl is washed but the tiki cook is still drying in the house.

First time I ever saw Dan cold. The water made my hands numb.

We added these pieces to the rest of the Wish List on the dining room table. Our home is a tiki factory.

Next I covered everything with plastic table clothes to keep dust off. I always put the plastic side down because the soft side has fibers that are the same as dust.

I believe that when I finish sculpting and everything is dry I will have one more load to bisque fire. I will start glazing when I'm done sculpting and the last pieces are still drying.

When it's time to glaze I have to do a major dusting a vacuuming project first. One speck of dust on a surface can make the glaze pull back and that takes a lot of work to fix.

That's it for today, now it's back to the clay, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-11-20 09:14 ]

I wish I had your energy
Lookin good

That's a lot of skill and effort sittin' on that table! Wonderful Work, and great progress!

hang10tiki sweet to say but too much of this is sit down work.

slowhandtikiman thank you. I am getting closer to the end of the sculpting. This has been the largest Wish List so far, not just in numbers but in the size of the projects. There are many bowls.

===============================

Wish List Progress Report. I have some projects coming up where I don't have permission to tag them with the person who Wished for them. Soon another wedding set will come up too.

This request was for a Tiki Bob as Elvis Presley mug. Since I did one in the white suit for Atomic Chick years ago I decided to do the 1968 comeback Elvis in black leather.

I started with his come hither eyes, defined cheeks and raised lip on one side.

Soothed.

Sideburns.

All done and posing.

It sure is fun to play with clay. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-11-21 08:15 ]

Thank you all for the visits to see Elvis. Kenneth Graham McNeil said I could use his name after all. Elvis is his mug.
This next project is for his business. He calls this mug the Tree of Life.

I found out really quickly that I would go insane trying to match all the parts such as leaves. So I just did a representation of his logos.

I started carving the tree and found that I didn't start in the right place.

I had to add clay to the top of the mug for more height. It works.

Then I started on his business logo on the other side of the mug.

Once again not exact but a representation.

I will show it to him to see if it's acceptable.

Side views.

Copying is always harder than creating.

I'm on the countdown to the end of sculpting the Wish list. There are less than 10 to sculpt before the glazing begins.

Cheers, Wendy

Great stuff as always Wendy! You are right, my mug does look great in the water. Keep up the amazing art.

lunavideogames thank you. I have some fun glazes (with purple) that will make this mug something special.

=============================

Wish List #6 another mug for Kenneth Graham McNeil for his business.

I couldn't get a decent photo of Bob Marley to use so this mug will be tweaked if any of you can send me some really good photos. So far only the knitted cap is recognizable.

Since this mug is part of a set of two I raised the side of the top to match the Tree of Life mug.

I started with his business logo.

All done.

I chose this picture as my guide because all the other google photos were blurry.

Over the photo I pressed in with a stick. This is really just for proportion size.

Then I covered that with clay.

I'm trying to build a 3D face from a flat picture so it's not going to be right.

More detail. I didn't go with the open mouth and teeth. Too small.

Her I made the dreads more detailed. I need to trim down his right eyebrow, right now it's bigger than his nose!

Now I'll post on facebook and see what he thinks. Cheers, Wendy

Cool! I think purple will look really nice and it is one of my favorite colors.

T

Awesome! Love Mr & Mrs Bob! Yes, will be great seeing the final version with the married human version.

Treg's mug looks killer.... is that for the little one?

Looking great Wendy, watching you work makes me want to get my hands on some clay. It's been tooooo long.

lunavideogames there is nothing more fun than opeing a kiln full of glazed projects. I have so many challenges this time around but since I am months ahead of my personal schedule I'll take my time to do them extra good.

TikiAno I always ask for photos. I don't always get them. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I do have a photo of the proposal that I will share with the glazed mugs. Oh wait I can't do that since they are a surprise for the brids. Well I'll do it all after the wedding.

(Treg mug looks killer.... is that for the little one?) Is pregnant?

You worked clay into a very precious little boy. Get him involved with the clay. I started at 6 months so he's old enough.

Wish List #6 progress report.

Well I don't always make something that works out. My Bob Marley didn't look like him at all so he needed to be scrapped.

So I said goodbye and

whipped out a sharp knife and

cleaned up the back of the mug.

Kenneth and I had a nice chat on the phone and decided that I would just make another Tree of Life mug.

I tried to match them but I also had to take into account the first one is drying and had already shrunk.

These are done now and I'm onto the next wish. Cheers, Wendy

Thank you all for the visits.

==================

Wish List #6 update. This one is personal. On our way to Tiki Oasis 15 we stopped to visit family. This photo shows my
Great-nephew. He is a glass artist. It was near my birthday so he surprised me with one of his beautiful pieces. Actually he let me pick out my favorite. He and I are both wearing one in the photo.

His birthday is in a couple of months so I added him to the Wish List. He's not a tiki person so I made him a fogcutter mug with his initials BMW. It's that fun?

I just started by carving lines down the sides.

Then some tapa designs.

A wet brush takes the edges off.

His initials.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May you have a joyful holiday. Wendy and Dan

Yes Wendy, my wife Emily is pregnant. She is due on the 9th of December but it seems like she might be early, any day now... It is exciting, but it has been a lot of work in preperation. Emily is ready to not be pregnant anymore.

TikiAno - Yes, for the baby to break when they are older... :) I hope not!

BMW that's awesome :)

Luna (Treg) hope that next lil member of Tiki Central gets here soon

Wendy- had to share these 2 photos
Spousal units Aunt sent them
From her yard

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2015-11-25 14:08 ]

Happy Thanksgiving to you both...

:tiki:

hang10tiki Happy Holidays

=========================

Wish List #6 progress report. This Rat Fink holding a Moai tiki mug is for Cole Unger. He said to just make him a mug so here's what I did for him. I hope he likes it.

I started with one of my fogcutter blanks. I built out a platform for his feet to rest one with the toes over the end.

Working from the bottom up I know I'll not run out of room. Next came the bent legs, tail and shorts bottoms.

Next the belly. All the time I'm thinking don't allow any tiny air bubbles to get in there behind the added clay.

Now the head.

I built a shoulder and added an arm here

and an arm there then

the Moai mug.

I built the bottom jaw and added teeth. Next comes the top of the head with the nose. There are days between parts being added so that the clay can firm up. It's not all done at once.

Attached and smoothed.

Ears eyes and nose tip.

Now he's posing.

Now I've added the design to the rest of the mug and guess what he's posing again!

All done and slowly drying. On fb Von Franko did a wonderful drawing of crying over a dead rat vink. He used a program to bring it to life. Chippy did the same thing to his Hot Tub Hula Girls and I posted it on my fb page. If you haven't already ask to friend me.

Thank you for the Holiday Visits. Wendy

As many of you know Dan is my helper. He not only does the heavy lifting when we are casting he also does my home chores. To keep this going he gets to make Wishes and I find him tikis on our hunts. It works out really well for us. We never have tiki wars.

A while back on the Wish List I made this variation of the Tiki Modern mug by RVICTOR. Dan requested tapa designs all the way around while the original design was on one half of the mug. This is the mug which I showed at the time I made it.

Now he changed his mind. He wanted me to do one with only half tapa. So here's the mug he'll keep. The first one is for sale.

Here's some catch up photos of us on Tiki Hunts.

We pulled into a parking lot of an antique store that Dan doesn't like. The reason is that in 15 years of hunting we have only found one tiki there. But I like the store.

I said to Dan I want to find a tiki fork and knife set that we've never seen before. Imagine this that is exactly what I found in the store!!! They even had some low end tiki mugs that we didn't need. Dealers are catching on.

When Tiki Hula saw how huge this years crawl mug was he told me for next year mold a rum key, full size. We've been checking them out Mike.

Dan is also a record collector. He searches every box we come across in antique stores and at garage sales. He found one here

and here.

He left for a haircut and came home looking like this. I've gotten my husband back! I'll take him no matter how he fixes up.

Cheers, Wendy

A
amate posted on Sat, Nov 28, 2015 4:10 PM

On 2015-11-24 17:21, danlovestikis wrote:
I started at 6 months so he's old enough.

That certainly explains all of the amazing ceramic art you are making. Wonderful stuff!

Rat fink looks awesome

Lucky Dan-0

Lots of good finds

Whattttt
That's Dan-0? :)

amate thank you so much. I didn't start tiki art until 10 years ago. You are going to pass me up in creativity really fast. Your last creation shows your talent.

hang10tiki thank you. I was hoping for a Rat Fink comment. See you at Oasis next summer if not sooner.

Wish List #6 progress report. I would say I'm working towards the end but then I remember the 23 Hot Tub Hula Girl wishes!

The next mug is made for a person who "wishes" to remain anonymous. Now that's funny. He is a tiki person.

He requested two mugs which I'll show over the next few days. Both were to reflect Jimmy Buffett's lifestyle. I googled some images and went to work.

I started with a Sacramento Crawl mug. I scraped off the sign so I could add new words.

It now says Cheeseburger in Paradise. I did as close as possible to their lettering and added the little palm on top.

Next I removed all the lines that were carved in and made a beach scene with sand, the ocean and a tall mountain.

Next I started to change the side. I added a classic Jimmy Buffet surf board.

I added their designs and then I scraped off the face on the tiki.

I carved Magaritaville into the sign at the top.

Now I needed to change the front. He requested a stack of cheeseburgers.

He's going to get them. Also Buffet likes parrots so I'm altering the toucan.

The foliage has changed and now there is a parrot.

Now I carved the cheeseburgers.

Done.

One down and one more to go. Thank you for the visits. Even when no one writes I know from the numbers that there have been visits. I appreciate them. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-11-29 15:13 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-11-29 15:14 ]

So cool. All of it!

J

On 2015-11-29 14:46, danlovestikis wrote:

The next mug is made for a person who "wishes" to remain anonymous. Now that's funny. He is a tiki person.

He requested two mugs which I'll show over the next few days. Both were to reflect Jimmy Buffett's lifestyle.

I'd want to remain anonymous here too if I was requesting Jimmy Buffett mugs! :o :wink:

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2015-11-30 09:09 ]

T

Niiiiiiice. All of them.

To reply (late) to your comment, no, Tiki Ari hasn't yet handled (wet) clay- though he keeps trying to grab the lion wall tiles I made for him. One day he will grab one and hold on- and there will be one (or two) less pieces of art on his wall! (We already had to remove a quilt a neighbor made for him when he was big enough to stand up in his crib and pull it down (on top of him)). He's a sneaky little bugger, that one.

Great to see Dan's face once again. Welcome back, Dan!

:wink:

IDoVoodoo thank you that's fun.

JenTiki really? All I know of Jimmy Buffett is that there is a tropical bar on the Las Vegas strip. Really crowded and noisy.

TikiAno thank you. I'm enjoying watching him grow up on fb. How about finger paints? That would make a great video!

Wish List #6 progress report. Here comes the second Jimmy Buffett mug. I made them similar to keep them a set. He requested a plane and to bring tiki to Jimmy.

I examined the mug and choose the best place for the airplane. I made a large area that I could carve.

I made the Bali Hai tiki into a Moai.

I put the picture on top of the clay and

traced it with a stick.

Then I started to remove clay around the airplane and

carved it to match the best I could. Glazing will make it more 3D. Looking at these photos I can see where it needs tweaking.

I tried my best to match the lettering style found in his google posts.

Almost done and posing. I will go and work on a couple of spots on the plane and the foliage above the tikis head.

Here it comes again without a flash.

Here's the best part of the update. I have two major mugs to do and then 23 Hot Tub Hula Girls and then it will be time to glaze. I guess I should add to that a swap item. MadDogMike is getting another swap together and everyone should join in the fun and make some tiki art.

Cheers, Wendy

I think some tiki peeps don't like Jimmy because he kinda cheapens the traditional tiki vibe, I am not sure. I know many people in Florida don't like him because they have to hear his music everywhere nonstop, kinda like Sublime is to me. If I have to hear too much of any music I will start to hate it. To each their own though :)

My mother in law has a Jimmy Buffet party every year in Upper Peninsula Michigan. I have gone a few times and it is fun. I travel a lot so I always get her a shirt whenever I see a Margaritaville bar. I have gotten her shirts from Key West, Nashville, Jamaica, New Orleans and a few other places I can't even remember now. It's always good the have a Margarita every once in a while.

I think the mug will look cool, I'll have to show it to my mother in law... But then you will have to make another one for her :)

Keep up the good work! I am excited to see how my mug turns out!!!

J

On 2015-12-01 09:19, danlovestikis wrote:

JenTiki really? All I know of Jimmy Buffett is that there is a tropical bar on the Las Vegas strip. Really crowded and noisy.

See the "What Tiki Central Isn't" section here: http://www.tikicentral.com/about.php

This thread should help explain how the majority of people on TC feel about it: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6768&forum=6

Editing to add one more link: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20564&forum=1

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2015-12-01 12:12 ]

T

So is Bob Marley more tiki than Jimmy Buffet?
Is Ratt Fink?, Mosters? Hot rod? Burlesque?
Stupid smoking tiki Fountains? Fezes?
Korla Pandit?

Nobody said a thing about the Led Zeppelin mug, I was a Led head so I like them, not tiki.

I don't love or hate many of these, ok that small plastic smoking tiki fountain should be the most hated.
But dam, why is it Buffet that cranks more people up than say Stupid smoking tiki Fountains?

Buffet's not tiki, but then that Stupid smoking tiki Fountain is not really tiki as well.
It's tchotchke.

I'm not a Buffet head either he's ok.
I do dislike hypocrisy though.

Remember one of the "tiki" mugs we want most is of the severed head of James Dean.
Er, not tiki.

lunavideogames I absolutely know nothing about Jimmy Buffet so all this information is new. The mug is going to be in many colors so hopefully everyone will see something to like.

JenTiki there sure is a lot of information on Tiki Central. My goal is to make those who order a Wish happy and to do the best I can. I don't dislike very much. I even liked the glitter tikis that showed up a few years back. Tiki homes are so eclectic and fun that there's something for everyone.

tikiskip Wish List is for everyone one who I meet through tiki. I make what makes them happy. Kinney's art is not traditional but it sure brightens a room and brings a smile to my face. So hear hear tikiskip.

=====================================

I tweaked the airplane. Now it's good to dry over the next few weeks.

Cheers and happiness, Wendy

Wendy, The Rat Fink & Tiki Modern Mugs look great, even your work on the "Jimmy Buffett" mugs is top notch
but you know it's wrong! just wrong, you know this! so wrong.......it is not a question of not being Tiki,
it is one of wrongness, which is so wrong. :lol:

Unless of course you are being intentionally provocative & subversive
then you are totally being PUNK! which I am down with.

As little as I even care to post here anymore, I will take the time to step in and support my favorite Tiki mug creator.

I cannot even believe someone would complain about anything Wendy would post here about Wishlist mugs she is working on? Really? Wendy is ONE of the only clay artists willing to except any request to create a mug from anyone who can dream something that has not been made (nor in probability would be). Shame on you.

Wendy,

If anyone else could make wishes come true making personal requests to have whatever mug they dreamed of seeing in fruition, you are the artist that has made this happen. Simple fact. I asked you a few years ago to make us a mug for the Sacramento Crawl. You did it. Not just one time, but many. I asked for a more, you delivered. Even meeting my request to make me a set of KISS mugs, not Tiki, but in Tiki style, in the Tiki Bob vein.

If there is one thing I can impress upon anyone here, folks-Wendy (and Dan) are the real deal. They are the most genuine and Tiki artists and collectors I know. That may not mean much to you, but it means the world to me and should to anyone else who has requested and received any mug, bowl or art piece made by Wendy Cevola.

Dan and Wendy-you know I love you and appreciate any creation you have created and shared. Page after page, you have selflessly shared your knowledge and talent.

And, just for the record, not a Jimmy Buffett fan. But to each their own...especially if an artist is willing not to discriminate, but is willing to share all of their work, trials and errors, successes, failures and wins.

Keep it coming Wendy, you will always be #1 in my eyes!

Psycho Tiki D

I dare you to complain!

[ Edited by: psycho tiki d 2015-12-01 18:12 ]

P.S.

I still fill the outside catfood bowls, even though the skunks eat out of them!

PTD

J

Okay folks, nobody was telling Wendy not to create Jimmy Buffet mugs, or attacking her work. Wendy knows I am a big supporter of her talent, evidenced by the price I'm going to pay for the rather large bowl she is working on for me. Apparently, nobody noticed the winky face I put in my original post about the Jimmy Buffet requester wanting to be anonymous. Then when Wendy asked about my comment, I provided the links to simply explain my comment.

It was a joke! So you can all settle down. To be honest, I'm not a big Jimmy Buffet fan, also not a Bob Marley or Rat Fink fan. But I fully understand that everybody has their own tastes, and not everybody is going to like the same things I do. That's what makes the world interesting. I was only making commentary on the subject of Jimmy Buffet as it relates to Tiki Central.

Now let's all put some rum punch in a big ol' flaming bowl and have a drink!

:drink:

Hi Everyone, I really found all the links that Jen Tiki supplied to be very interesting. I had no idea that J.B. would cause all this discussion. I did notice that one thread on J.B. stopped being added too back in 2006. Maybe he's more likable now that he's older. I have no idea.

I had read the page about what Tiki Central was meant to represent but the part about J.B. had been forgotten.

I really thank you all for your posts. If you didn't come to my thread and look and comment I would probably cry myself to sleep at night. It's so much fun here.

Anyway I understand so much more now. Psycho Tiki D you know I love you too. I will probably re-read that post a dozen times and again tomorrow.

This is fun. I hope that over the next few days you'll enjoy the last of the Wish List Sculptures before I move on to 23+ Hot Tub Hula Girls. It will be fun when I get to clean up the clay mess and start to glaze.

Goodnight and see you tomorrow!

Cheers, Wendy

On 2015-12-01 18:51, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
P.S.

I still fill the outside catfood bowls, even though the skunks eat out of them!

PTD

Skunks are very cool animals, despite their capability to smell things up, which is purely defensive, so what up with the Skunk hating?
Not sure if you are referring to anything I said, but Wendy knows better. :D

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-12-01 22:51 ]

T

BOOM!

Not what I was after, sorry Wendy.

First I hate skunks as they live in the woods next to us and spray a lot in the spring.
Second I like the Buffet mug and was defending the request for said mug.

What I found odd is that the person who wanted that mug felt he needed to stay hidden
for fear of who knows what.

For the record I feel Jimmy Buffet is closer to tiki than Bob Marley, but there is a
official ruling notice for only Buffet?

Whatever, there is like one mention of any of those guys once in a blue moon here and
it wakes everybody up so not so bad I say.

You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only Jimmy Buffet lover in town.

Wendy can you make me a Party City mug?
when we all die the Party City mug would be THE Wendy Cevola mug everbody into tiki in the
year 2525 wants most.

Maybe we need a different thread for this so we don't mess up the tiki hug fest that wendys
thread is.

Think of Father Guido Sarducci saying the above, kinda light hearted and funny.
Not all angry like.:) Smile :) Smile :) Smile :D Very Happy :) Smile :) Smile :) Smile :D Very Happy

Absolutely no problems everyone. Those skunk photos are so adorable. Back in college I had a friend doing research on skunks. Every night he tracked them along the American River and every day he was sent to sit in a back corner of the classroom because he stunk from being sprayed. I was doing Oxygen Acetylene torch welding as a hobby back then and I made him a metal belt that said STINKY on it with a little skunk. ATP you brought back a memory from decades past.

Wish List #6 progress report. Oh No they are monkeys and not tikis! Will I hear about this?

These projects are special because the man Kenneth Graham McNeil has gotten engaged and wanted mugs of himself and his love. He wanted them based on a painting and a drawing done for him by zerostreet.

On the back of each mug he wanted something to resemble the Enchanted Tiki Hut at Disneyland.

One more request is that the woman have on lots of jewelry. I'm not carving the Hawaiian patterns into the dress and shirt but they will have a Hawaiian pattern when I glaze them.

This is the first time I've sculpted these primates. I hope I got it right. Here's how I did the front of the first mug.

That's a drawing by zerostreet.

I just keep adding clay

to build up each part

until it starts to look close to the drawing.

Eyes done.

I think I made her look happier rather than thoughtful.

I make lots of tiny parts. This is her hand.

Attached with more "bling".

She's done and tomorrow I'll show the backside.

PS there are monkeys in Hawaii. I saw them in zoo's in Oahu and on the Big Island!

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-12-02 12:32 ]

Hella Cool, Wendy, I got a soft spot for the Planet of the Apes, which that reminds me of!

Wendy- u rock
Everything you make is awesome
As for me I like everything but country music :)

Funny story, we ran into one of my favorite singers,
O-Shen, in Waikiki while I was playing one of his albums on my iPhone
Great guy, great music.

You are a great artist and I love my Wendy collection
Merry Xmas :)

We have fun anywhere we go
I'd rather have a cold beer at Jimmy Buffets than a Diet Coke at Denny's
:)

Cheers to all...

Atomic Tiki Punk Dan does too. zerostreet really brought these primates to life and it was fun to copy his work in clay.

hang10tiki how funny that not only did you meet the music star you went to Jimmy Buffet's. I miss Hawaii.

===========================

There have been some more sunny days so we took off for some tiki hunting.

We went to lunch at Thunder Valley. This was the last day for Dan's beard.

Inside I gambled away $2.

Then this past Tuesday we headed to Stockton where the Islander was located. Dan was very lucky and didn't just lose his money.

We saw another one of these huge heads.

Very huge.

After a few hours in Stockton Dan came home with these great mugs.

===========================

Here is the backside of the monkey mug for Kenneth Graham McNeil. He requested the back to have something to do with the Enchanted Tiki Hut at Disney. I used images from an old poster.

Starting with the perch and tail feathers.

Done.

Finished the mug with peanut background.

One mug left and then all I have to do for the Wish List are 23 Hot Tub Hula Girls.

Cheers, Wendy

That's cool

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10816 replies