Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - New colors of the Frank mug by Frankoma now available.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,816 replies

T

EDITED:

Nice

T

Hmmm... I need a few more pieces from Wendy to make a Cevola Menorah. Dang it.

Wendy, Congratulations on finishing everything by your deadline! That was a ton of work.
Thanks for sharing your photos all year!
One of these years I'm gonna have to come up with a good idea and get in on the Wish List.
Mele Kalikimaka to all!

hang10tiki I have been taking photos that I will share soon.

Atomic Tiki Punk you are always huggable in person.

hang10tiki terrific.

hang10tiki appreciated.

hang10tiki if anyone makes this post a photo here.

IDoVoodoo I love excited comments.

hang10tiki I post these to fb and it sure is fun.

hang10tiki thank you.

hang10tiki as Elvis would say, thank you thank you very much!

hang10tiki I'll be sad when #1 you run out of tikis I've made or #2 Christmas is over.

hang10tiki this is sure fun for me. I hope everyone else is enjoying it.

hang10tiki that counts.

TikiAno all the newest creations on the Wish List will be glazed in 2016 after this break is over.

hang10tiki thank you even more.

TikiAno well done. It looks like I made it that way.

hang10tiki so cool.

TikiAno everything I've ever made it on the Gallery page.

bamalamalu Mele Kalikimaka to you. Thank you for the wonderful message. I enjoy sharing photos of the work as much as I enjoy making them. I appreciate all the comments and views.

I would have fun making something for you on the next Wish List.

===============================

Wow so many fun photos and messages. I was happy today to find the time to check up here and to answer the messages. hang10tiki you are the best gift ever!!!

I will be back after Christmas with many photos to share. Today we went ice cream shopping so that all our guests will have their favorite. It's a tradition thanks to Haagen Daze.

Merry Christmas dear friends. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-12-23 14:35 ]

Can't wait to see all your photos
Have fun

hang10tiki I really enjoy all of these and I'm going to send some out to family today. Thank you so much.

==========================

With Wish List #6 underway I was able to alter a Tiki Bob for this swap and to sneak him into the next load I fired. In fact he is in the kiln right now.

Here are my step by steps and reasoning for the Season of Tiki aka Season of Love.

I made his eyes and mouth into hearts.

I made a heart outline around his face.

I think he just became a her and she looks like a space traveler.

She needs a space travel symbol. I started with a heart.

A half moon and a space ship will do.

I labeled the bottom.

All done and ready to dry and fire.

Now she'll be glazed along with the Wish List #6 and be ready to swap in February.

Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays, Wendy Eve (that's really my middle name and the first time I noticed this)

Wendy, Great work on Wish List #6. Your creations are simply amazing!

Hang10tiki, we really like the x-mas photos, here's our small contribution.

Merry Christmas!

T

Better late than never....

"The Cevola Menorah"

Wendy- the new mug looks good
Tiber- great photo
Ano- quite the lineup

Merry Christmas Dan and Wendy
Have a good day
And thanks for being great friends...

Perfect timing
Here's my last Xmas picture

merry christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Tyber Tiki it's so much fun to see my work and to enjoy playing with all of you. hang10tiki you really started something fun.

TikiAno that is so cool. I have a few leftover flames. I'm going to have to use them in the future.

hang10tiki thank you so much for the very happy holidays and your friendship.

kingstiedye that's a great photos but I need to say that I didn't make that Rat! He's an original.

Thank you all. I should be back to work by Monday. I have a backlog of photos to share and I'm excited to share the end of this year and then we'll start the glazing in the next...or maybe sooner!

Cheers, Wendy

hang10tiki this is my favorite one. Thank you for all the time it took to add the Christmas doo dads.

========================================

It's time to get busy again but first I will share what we have done on our time off.

First off we went to Southern California and did a fun tiki hunt in all our favorite places.
Maybe you recognize where were were?

Starting our hunt we knew we were on the right track when greeted by 3 Moai's with colds.

At a store at the waterfront Dan finally got the hat of his dreams.

More antique stores and more tikis.

I liked this candle holder but Dan didn't buy it.

We went to Duke's for lunch and had a view of the pier and ocean.

Hula Pie is a must at Duke's.

When we left and were in the parking lot a plan came by. It flew low and right at the pier scaring tourists. I didn't take this photo until it was circling back and leaving. It was a creepy moment.

During the four day hunt Dan was thrilled to have found all these items.

My treasure.

It feels good to be back posting. I have so much more to share. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-12-26 09:17 ]

Looks like fun

Great finds....

hang10tiki the trip to Southern California was to avoid snow in the Grapevine Pass. Now the reason for our trip is posted next!

=========================

Here's how we spent our time off from making tikis.

We were invited to join Polynesian Paddy and Moai Mike and their families on a Mexican cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta. We hadn't been to Mexico in over 30 years. It was time to have some fun.

We started by going back to Polynesian Paddy's home. His backyard is a tiki paradise.

On this cruise our goal is to see or buy a tiki. We will be searching the whole trip. We are on Holland America's ship the Veendam.

Of the 10 in our group these three men and the tiki collectors.

On 12/13/15 we sailed away from San Diego.

The first ship we passed was a Dole ship. Maybe we'll have lots of pineapple on the cruise.

Formal night. Moai Mike, Polynesian Paddy and wendylovestikis aka my husband Dan.

We tendered at Cabo San Lucas and had fun riding the small boat into the harbor.

We boarded a bus for a tour. We first went for a glass blowing exhibit.

They were so fast compared to the artists we saw on the top of Celebrity ships.

We made a stop at a hotel and

took some photos looking back at the port.

We visited a lovely church and then

went to an art shop. Sea Turtles and

the wonderful seed bead creations.

Outside I bribed Dan to pose with a giraffe. If you can't find a tiki to pose with this will do.

Now it was time to return to the ship leaving the port behind us.

One last view of the famous rock where the Pacific Ocean joins the Sea of Cortez.

Our ship the Veendam.

No tikis today, my fingers are crossed. Next port tomorrow. Cheers, Wendy

Our Holland America cruise on the Veendam continued on to Mazatlán, Mexico.

Our bus tour stopped downtown and we toured this church which we had been in 30 years before.

There is always an abundance of fine art within church walls.

Hanging out downtown just walking around.

We were taken to a show with Aztec's and fiesta music.

Back to the streets of Mazatlán we found my favorite shell shop was still there.

We walked every isle and found out later that there was a second story. My loss!

Dan's such an angle.

Down an alleyway we found a stage for shows that was over the top. I love pyramids.

This was of stone and just lovely.

On a past Wish List I made this one for Haller Waller aka Tiki Beekie.

All too soon it was back to the ship.

While posting these photos I've been working. Soon I'll have photos of art to share. Tomorrow I'll end the cruise.

The year is ending soon and I've set another deadline for myself. Maybe I'll make it. Cheers, Wendy

T

Wow, looks like a fun trip! Glad to see the SD Ohana spending time with you! :)

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2015-12-28 12:53 ]

Dang
Who knows how to have fun ?

U 2

:)

Love your travel recaps! :)

Happy New Year to you & Dan!

TikiAno we are doing our best to see the world with Polynesian Paddy. Having Moai Mike join in was icing on the cake. We had the best time meeting their families. There was always someone fun to hang out with and this was a fun cruise line.

hang10tiki we always look forward to fun with you and Janelle.

LoriLovesTiki happy new year to your family. I post my whole life here and travel is part of that, thank you for saying you like it. It's iffy here on TC.

=============================

The last stop on our cruise was Puerto Vallarta. I'm still searching for a tiki to make the trip totally worthwhile. Without tiki there is no life. (="

Three tiki men meet for a meal.

Big Box stores are everywhere.

Polynesian Paddy spotted a tiki???

On the tour I got to watch a fellow do the seed bead art. Now I know how it's done!

We were taken to a tequila ranch for food entertainment and

tequila tasting. Dan and I passed all 16 of our shots to our friends.

They looked just fine afterward.

30 years before our bus stopped at this restaurant and we had the best huge boiled shrimp in the world. There was a creek behind to walk by. Now it was a fast moving river. They had a flood too.

Next we were taken downtown to walk along the ocean.

Did I catch a photo of a pick pocket?

We saw a lot of Christmas decorations on this trip.

We saw all the landmarks that

were there 30 years ago. What was missing was all the boiled corn ears in big pots that you could buy and eat as you walked along.

We visited another church and then went back to the ship.

The next morning we had breakfast with an

ocean view. Of course there is nothing but ocean views as you cruise home.

The second formal night had all 10 of us together.

I'm just posting tiki people here.

The next morning they had a big sale at the shops. SUCCESS'S!!! They had t-shirts from the Hawaiian cruises on Holland America and I was able to buy a tiki shirt for Dan.

This is our last meal with our friends

before it is time to head home.

Fingers crossed as we entered the Grapevine. No snow and no slowdowns but plenty of low clouds.

It took about 10 hours to drive home so I entertained myself by moving my camera as I took a photo of oncoming traffic.

This one also has a tower nearby to Split Pea Anderson Soup on Interstate 5. 2 more hours to home.

We made it safely home. Now it's time to get back to work on my tiki projects.

Thank you for joining us on the cruise and thank you Polynesian Paddy and Barbara for the ride to and from the port.

Cheers, Wendy

Hi Friends, our break is almost over. Here are some catch up photos to show a few things that we have done during our time off.

Early this month Dan had his colonoscopy and it had the same outcome as mine. A tubular adenoma which is pre-cancerous. It's very important to get checked out when it's time. These areas were removed and we are fine. It's time to eat less junk.

Dan finally put up the tapa cloth to hide the fireplace behind the tikis. Now he's happy.

For every occasion my favorite gift is a homemade card by Dan.

He also writes me a love letter which I've not shown. It was a good one!

He found me a gooney bird. I like the Witco versions and this one is from Oregon.

Together on trips we found more Couroc trays for my work and he saved them for Xmas. This is a favorite.

Tiki Hula is transitioning from a tiki collector to a tiki socializer. He let me have first pick of some of his collection that he was parting with and it made Dan's Xmas very special.

It's already time to work on the next Sacramento Crawl mug. I've done these 6 and the next will be lucky number 7. Dan and I have worked out a plan and while I glaze Wish List #6 I'll on and off work on sculpting the mug.

Tomorrow is going to be a very fun day as I start to post the work on the Wish List that we've done on my break! Cheers, Wendy and Dan

What about your visit to Don's Tiki Marketplace, Wendy?

Looks like fun, except the colonoscopy :)

hang10tiki yep, but it has saved his life.

Atomic Tiki Punk these photos are for you and look how cut you and Jungle Ginger look.

Don The Beachcomber's Marketplace still is full of my friends so when we were in the area we had to stop by to say hi. There is seller crossover between this Marketplace and the Original International Marketplace run by Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo Wahini and now located at the Grove. Check it out under the California Events page.

Atomic Tiki Punk and Jungle Ginger

Theo Stool on facebook. Friend him and follow the adventures as the stool visits people and places that are all interesting and fun.

KrakenHunterSteve

There's nothing better than hanging out with tiki people...Dan would say and to find tikis to add to the collection.

========================

It's the last day of the year and so we finally went shopping so we could finish up the hanging bird project.

We had the three different birds hung with a Tiki Toni in the center.

They looked good but needed something.

So we used some Michael's coupons and bought some vines.

All done and posing.

The room would look better if the Wish List were not covering the whole table and protected by dust covers.

=================================

I wish you all a fun and safe New Years Eve.

I made my personal deadline. The last load of the Wish List fired last night. If everything turned out then all I have to do is wash everything tomorrow and then begin the glazing. 2016 should be a really fun year.

Cheers, Wendy

T

On 2015-12-31 08:05, danlovestikis wrote:

But I was clearly on the outer edge of the nostril.
I know what I saw.
But there, but there was no pick! I, I did not pick! There was no pick!
I gotta go.
No! No pick!

That's the good stuff!
Happy New Year Dan & Wendy!

Great pics

Nice to see ATP and his Wahine

Atomic Tiki Punk thank you for reminding me to post them. Your photo was the best!

hang10tiki Happy New Year to you and to all my Tiki Central friends. Did you go to the strip last night?

=======================

I wasn't going to start Wish List #6 until the end of December. It's so much fun that I have finished firing the entire Wish List that also includes 30 Hot Tub Hula Girls. Now I will be glazing everything in the new year along with starting the Sacramento Crawl mug and doing a painting for Tiki Oasis 16. This will be a great year of fun for me and I hope you all come along for the show.

Let's get caught up first.

So during this time off we not only went to Mexico we continued to work on the Wish List.

Here I'm sanding one of the Tiki Modern mugs.

After breaking the first Gilligan's Island mug I'm moving slower and more thoughtfully.

I have many mugs that have fragile

arms and other add-ons.

Here I've sanded the mug for the February Swap 2016.

Here's an over-view of my work area.

It around 50 degrees in the garage. I took a couple of days to do the sanding. When my hands froze I took breaks to warm them up. I'm lucky to live in California. I use a pad to protect the edges from chipping and mesh "sandpaper" because it lasts a very long time. It's a good investment.

Every time I finished a tray full I moved them to Dan's man cave.

I saved the hardest to do until the last.

I wanted to make sure I went very slowly with these hard to make pieces.

One by one I worked on them for several days.

The hat fit just right. Now I carved to make room for the glaze that will be added to the surface.

When I got near the end Dan set up to air compress off the dust. I trust him with all the pieces.

Each time he cleans one he loads it into the kiln to prevent the dust from getting back on the surface.

I've taken and posted a lot of photos so you can locate your own mug.

I also like to document why ceramics take a long time to produce. There are many steps.

Now it's time to get back to sanding the hardest pieces.

I used a wire brush to add some texture.

The kiln is slowly filling as Dan dusts.

Another dusting photo.

Those arms are so at risk. This is scary!

Now the bottom of the kiln is loaded to the maximum capacity.

More dusting.

Yes I am there too. I bought a pillow at Macy's and now I'm using the bag to limit the dust on my clothes. Whatever we wear when we work goes right into the wash. I'm always hopeful that we are not clogging the drains with clay.

I actually ended up with some room. I don't have anything dry enough to add so this is it for the load.

Elvis is talking to KISS.

The two girls are hanging out.

Now they fire. I do a 10 hour pre-heat in the winter to insure they are moisture free. Then a slow ramp of 13.5 hours so that the temperature raises slowly and if there is a speck of moisture it will be removed. If any remains and boils it will explode the sculpture and then I'd have to start over.

Wow it's 2016 and we are off to a good start. How's this for a catch up? Cheers and Happy New Years from Wendy and Dan

Off the the Macy's sale
Looking for the Wendy doll
I hear she makes great mugs
:)

hang10tiki I would love to be a doll! I think I'll be using that bag in the future it worked really well.

=======================

Wish List #6 progress report. I did a lot of work during my holiday vacation and now I'm sharing it all.

When I went to unload the kiln it was super cold outside. Inside the kiln it was 44.

As I unloaded the bisque wear my hands went numb. OK I can't wash them outside because I'd drop them.
Top level.

Bottom level.

They all went into the kitchen and

I got a big pot with warm water set up.

I did all the washing in the pot and all the rinsing in the sink, hopeful that there wasn't anything to clog the drain. I use a sponge on a stick to do the insides of the mugs.

These are the scary to wash mugs. But at least they are now hard rather than soft clay.

A good scrub.

A good rinse.

This is Wish List #6 without the 30 Hot Tub Hula Girls.

Covered until I begin to glaze.

It's wonderful to have reached this point so many months ahead. Cheers, Wendy

Mmmmmmm
Fink soup

Yummy hang10tiki soup.

=====================

Progress Report on Wish List #6.

The Hot Tub Hula Girls were finally dry enough to sand dust and fire. Once they were done

I loaded the bottom of the kiln.

Then I filled the second level.

I had enough posts for a half third layer. Since I didn't have enough space for the rest I went ahead and fired this load.

A couple of days later they were done and

brought into the house for washing.

Now they are on a table in our hallway and covered with plastic.

A lot of fun work and more ahead. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-01-04 08:41 ]

fun work's the best kind

I am tired just looking at the pictures, Wendy
don't know how you have the energy to do all that work!

can't wait to see them all glazed up & purty.

T

Holy moly. Talk about starting out the new year with a bang!

H

On 2015-12-26 09:04, danlovestikis wrote:

During the four day hunt Dan was thrilled to have found all these items.

Hey, wait a minute - I recognise that guy!

His twin brother lives with me!

Awesome
Cheers

Holler Waller no kidding. I get to use my hands to make others creations. Then I get to see if I did it right. It's all a fun process.

Atomic Tiki Punk it is so many days of work and so many more ahead. When you retire if you don't keep working you just die. So each tiki is going to keep us alive and healthy.

TikiAno I actually finished the last firing on the 31st. I made it. Today I'll show those photos. I have one more holiday project to show tomorrow and then the glazing begins.

HopeChest you are close enough to us to have them visit. Let us know when you are in our area and we'll give you a tour.

hang10tiki (:

====================================

Progress Report on Wish List #6. The last load fired on December 31st so I can say I did the entire Wish List through the bisque phase in 2015. Of course I couldn't open the kiln to remove them until 1/3/16.

These are the Hot Tub Hula Girls that didn't make it into the kiln.

I put them in and thought wow this is an empty kiln isn't there something else I could do. After all I'm on my holiday break.

I looked in the garage and then I remembered a couple of things. I had 2 Frankoma Tikis that I fired but hadn't used and I had 3 disks that I had cut off bowls I used in making Jen Tiki's larger bowl.

So I got them out and started to carve them. One.

Two.

Three.

I got them all done and then we left for our Mexican Cruise.

When we got back they were not quite dry so I put them in the home oven at 150 degrees and baked them once each day until they dried. Then I sanded them and Dan dusted them.

They went into the kiln and were fired.

A few days later they were in the kitchen and eventually washed.

I put the Frankoma tikis onto the disks to see how they looked. The tikis will be fused onto the disks with glaze.

Now Hot Tub Hula Girls are all together.

I made #31 to #60 this time. I already have a waiting list so I'll be doing this again in the future.

================================

Last year I sculpted and molded the Sacramento Crawl mug in January and didn't finish the last three until a week before the crawl. So during my "break" I also started on the crawl mug for 2016!

Today I begin to glaze. I have to work to get in the right frame of mind so I start with easy pieces and work toward the harder pieces. Eventually they will all get finished.

Atomic Tiki Punk here comes, as you said, the purty part! Wendy

K

Wow Wendy!

I'm pretty new to the Forums, but I just went through a majority of the pages on this thread......WOW! Great work!

T

On 2016-01-06 03:48, Kraken007 wrote:
Wow Wendy!

I'm pretty new to the Forums, but I just went through a majority of the pages on this thread......WOW! Great work!

Welcome to the Wendy and Dan show, Kraken! Man, that's a lot of pages to catch up on! And as always, the best is yet to come (with Wendy, at least) :wink:

Kraken007 and TikiAno you two made my day so happy. Thank you both. I try to make my thread fun for those who stop here for a visit. What makes it really fun for me are the comments. So I'm smiling a huge grin right now.

============================

Just a few catch up photos tonight. I'm really tired. I started to glaze today so I'll have projects to share later tomorrow.

We went for more glaze and supplies and Dan always relaxes while I go on a shopping spree at Alpha Fired Arts. That's my cart in the foreground.

Afterwards we went on a tiki hunt but only found on mug which we did not buy. If you watch Collecting Tiki and the Tiki Finds page you'll see that there are tikis to be found.

If you watched our trip to Europe you know I never got lost because of all the signs pointing the way. That was so nice. We had friends come for a visit and they brought me a sign (my initials) from their trip to Greece.

While I'm glazing the Wish List #6 I'm also using the time to pour and stockpile parts for more Hot Tub Hula Girls. I can take orders now for the future which is Phase 4, numbers 61 on.

Now that it is really cold in the garage I let the slip stay in the molds longer. 1 hour 15 minutes for the hula girls and 3 hours for the coconuts.

I also have to keep the fans going for 24 hours before they are dry enough to pour again.

I'll be back tomorrow, cheers, Wendy

Glazing for Wish List #6 has begun with a visit from kingstiedye aka Bullet. It's really easy to glaze when I can ask questions and preferences.

Here's his mug before we started. The staff will be painted and glued into place after the mug fires.

He went with a buff surface and a glossy interior. I started with cover coat in black in this squeeze bottle.

We wanted to have black in the flat surface carved detail. When you put on glaze that you want to rub off it doesn't take much. I used the squeeze bottle to just add a little to the outside.

Here's what it looked like and

here's what kingstiedye aka Bullet looks like!

I began to rub the outside with a wet cloth (not a paper towel) and

I also used a wet brush.

All done. Now it will dry and wait to be fired.

Firing will make the black darker.

One down many more to go. Cheers, Wendy

J

On 2016-01-07 09:20, danlovestikis wrote:
Here's his mug before we started. The staff will be painted and glued into place after the mug fires.

Why not make a longer staff that can be removed and used as a swizzle stick?

we talked about that, jen, but I decided to make it a permanent addition. i saw your ruzic bowl! amazing! i told wendy i'll come see it after it's been glazed and before it heads east.
thanks again wendy for making this! i had so much fun watching you work and hanging out with danno!

Just checking in
Everything looks great

Pics soon :)

kingstiedye we love your visits, you may come by anytime.

hang10tiki we should be on that plane with you. You take the best island photos ever and I'm looking forward to you sharing most of them. Enjoy! We will be there with you in spirit.

Sew Tiki Happy Birthday I bet this trip is a present from hang10tiki. We know you'll have an outstanding birthday with your guy.

==========================

Wish List #6 progress report. I'm almost done with two more mugs but not quite. So instead here's a project I finished on my Holiday Break. Men I think you could whip out the sewing machine and make one too. I know MadDogMike has sewn curtains for his trailer so you can do it too.

Here are my step by steps for making a stereo dust cover and a table cloth.

When we got off the plan in Maui last February we saw a wholesale cloth store. We stopped so I could look for fabric.

There were many to choose from but the fabric was all thin and not beautiful.

On the way to visit Maui Rob and Beachbumz in Kehei I saw a quilt shop and we went inside. I found the best fabric ever made.

It was perfect.

Very beautiful. I had my measurements and They cut the pieces for me. The lady gave me a hint I'll share later.

We got home I lay the fabric out to make sure the pieces would be large enough. Right on!

Here's the hint. She said that bark cloth ravels out when washed and that I needed to run a seam along all the cut edges before washing. So I did just that.

Dan washed it on hot to shrink it as much as possible.

While he did this I filled a whole bunch of bobbins so I'd be ready to go.

Out of the drier I found that it had raveled right up to my thread. She gave us a very good hint.

I trimmed off the threads and started to sew.

I made Dan's dust cover first. I just rolled the edges and sewed them flat.

I did two sides and then two ends. Looks like I forgot to take it off of zigzag, oh well.

Here it is over the equipment.

Dan collects tikis, music and old components to play the music on.

Now it was time to make the table cloth and to take it off of zigzag stitching. The cloth wasn't wide enough to do it in one piece so I took two lengths of fabric and matched the pattern on the front and folded over one time and ran a seam top to bottom.

Next I opened it up and you can see how I matched it.

Then looking at the top I pulled the fabric flat and ran a seam from top to bottom. Doing this made the seam lay flat when on the table.

No I did all four edges by rolling and running a seam close to the edge and

a second seam to make it lay flat. If this isn't done then when washed it could pucker and require ironing. Horrors who wants to iron.

When rolling there comes a time when you get to the seam that is too thick to sew over. Just lift the foot pull out the fabric and

move the fabric up and start again below the thick part.

After you finish that seam just go back with thread and needle and sew it shut.

The last bit is done.

Finished. I just hung it over the railing of the stairway to have a last look for now.

I folded the table cloth and look forward to putting it on the table when the Wish List is finished.

OK guys when you make something post it here for us to see. Cheers, Wendy

8T

Gee Wendy, think what you could accomplish if you weren't so lazy! :lol:
Really, everything looks so wonderful. Is there nothing you can't make?
Hey, I think you should put the WC plaque on your bathroom door. Did you know that some Europeans call the bathroom a W.C. (water closet) ?
Mrs. 8FT has a "Wahines" sign on her bathroom door that we got when a polynesian restaurant here closed. It had been on the Ladies restroom door there.
Keep up the great work and keep sharing those pictures.

:) 8FT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10816 replies