Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Wendy Cevola - New colors of the Frank mug by Frankoma now available.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10,816 replies

Ok
Day 5

My favorite island: Bora Bora

Up early to watch the sunrise

Breakfast

Then off to the island to check out the many shops

Lots of eye candy

Stopped for a drink
Then more shops

Ok
Back to the ship
Time for the next piece of fun
And hop on the boat to take us to the place we spent the next 24 hours

Great views along the way

Getting close

And there it was
The entry area

Almost arrived

Where you ask?

This was the 1st half of day 5

More to come

2nd half of day 5

Checked in
Off to see the room

Time to walk around a bit

Cocktails
3 great Rums

Back to the room to get ready for dinner

Dinner on the beach

End of an amazing day
Cheers

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-19 22:33 ]

hang10tiki this is such a romantic trip it could be a honeymoon. You are such a beautiful couple. This is so much fun to share. You did this trip in the best way possible. Love love love the photos, Wendy

T

Holy moly! I admit,it's been a while... and...

Wendy is making amazing stuff.

Jon is on holiday....

Everyone is stoked and grinning from ear to ear.

And... why have i been away for so long? Dang!

Quick short catch up, will have to get and do some back pedaling/ research ASAP.

Jon, looks like an amazing trip. Weren't you supposed to take me?? Haha!

Wendy and Ano- had a blast

Day 6

Great night in the bungalow
Off to walk around the hotel

At breakfast ya feed the fish

Off to the lagoon

Hit the water for a some fun
Then more exploring

Postcard of the hotel

Times up
Off we go
Back to the the town on Bora Bora (Vaitape)
Have a couple hours before we catch the ride back to the ship

Later that night
Off to a different Motu for a Luau

Great time

Boat ride back to the ship

One more postcard of Bora Bora

Next island: Huahine

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-20 21:44 ]

Tiki Ano so good to hear from you. I like watching your son grow up on fb. What a beautiful boy.

hang10tiki I never knew that there were so many ways to enjoy these islands. I think going someplace and enjoying it has benefits when compared to trying to see it all really fast. You've done your trip in the best way possible. Such beauty and thank you for sharing. I can only hope there is more to come.

=============================================

Wish List #8 continues with the making of the skulls for the last three O2 out Diver's Helmets.

Doing three at once will make it easier to have each one look somewhat different.

They must be hollow or they will crack. That would be ok since they are old and damaged under the sea. Time will tell.

Cheers, Wendy

Love those skulls
Not easy to make
Great look to them

Day 7

Amazing sunrise

Is it just me or can you see a Moai???

Ok
Next
Can you see her?

The name Huahine sounds incredibly similar to the Tahitian word for woman – vahine. Locals say the reason for that can actually be seen just off the beach in the island’s main town of Fare. Here, are a series of green rolling hills that resemble the contours of a pregnant woman lying down on her back… you be the judge.

(Internet photo)

Top pic shows her again
Bottom pic is the the male part that got her pregnant
:)

Amazing skyline

Time for a beer

Back to the room to relax
A monkey was waiting for us

Ok
Next excursion

1st stop
Lil spot to snorkel
My NO-PRO underwater camera in action

Next stop
Lunch
Tables in the water
Also saw the local gym :)

Another place for snorkeling

Back to the ship for dinner
Lil beer after

Great day

Time to sail the 100 miles back to Papeete Tahiti
We have one day left there

Cheers

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-21 15:08 ]

Forgot to post my favorite coin

hang10tiki this has been a pure pleasure. I'm looking forward to seeing the treasure you have brought home and more photos of the last evening and day of the trip.

==========================================

Wish List #8 the last three O2 out Diver's Helmets. Tweaks happen so they may change a bit later on.

Time to place the heads into the helmets.

The fifth one is together.

The sixth is ready to dry.

It felt so good to reach this point. Now I can start other projects while these are slowly drying for weeks in and out of plastic bags.

hang10tiki it's your turn! I'm so glad you didn't go diving and just snorkeling. So many fish is such clear water, a dream come true.

Wendy

Glad I didn’t see any of those skulls while snorkeling :)

Ok
Last full day

Off the ship at 8am after breakfast

Several hours to explore

Wahine has been waiting to go here

Break time

More walking

Great shops

Saw this Moai from far away

Break time again

Been wanting to go here for years
Didn’t plan enough time to get some ink

Caught a cab to our day room
Lunch time

Relaxed for a bit
Then
Cab to airport (inside cab)

Airport

Just outside

Inside

Another great shop

Last pic in airport

Back to the Wendy show...

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-22 10:47 ]

Brought back a Marquesan War Club (‘U’u)

And a small tiki

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-23 15:00 ]

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-06-23 18:10 ]

hang10tiki it's so much fun to re-view your photos. I never scroll fast to get to the bottom to post. Your tiki treasures are so much fun. No one better burgle your home!

==================================

Wish List #8. All six O2 out Diver's Helmets are sculpted, drying and firing.

The first one glazed is waiting for these to catch up.

Here are all the sides of the forth, fifth and sixth mugs. I try to keep them covered an hour and uncovered completely one hour. Then covered all night or if I'm away from home. It took a month to dry these mugs.

This far view shows the Vance Klinke War God Island mug also drying.

The second and third mugs are in the kiln room waiting to fire.

It's really fun for me to finish a run of sculpts. Wendy

Good lineup

hang10tiki I just looked at your photos on this page again. What a perfect trip you two planned and executed to perfection.

===========================

Wish List #8. I am so far behind in posting you must all think I'm lazy. Here is a honu necklace mug I sculpted for Alex Reaney.

I used one of my cast honu's as a template and cut out the turtle.

I just lifted the cover from the turntable and then pressed the honu in place.

Then I cleaned up all the edges of the rope and turtle and then carved the mug.

To make it different from the first one I added texture.

Another wish set to dry. Wendy

Great concept and execution
Love dat Honu

hang10tiki how's it been leaving paradise and returning to the real world? Glad you like the Honu mug.

===========================

Wish List #8 this mug is for Cole Unger. It will be his first Tiki Bob. He requested a tapa design and a flower lei.

Another Wish has been sculpted. Wendy

Hang10tiki loved your pictures. Almost feel like I've been there.

Wendy, you are the hardest working person with a labor of love!

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2018-06-27 06:08 ]

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Jun 27, 2018 6:30 PM

I love your Tapa Bobs. And speaking of necklaces, I just realized that I owe you a picture of mine....

MaukaHale you are so right. I enjoy creating with clay and paint. I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop.

Hamo I was just thinking that when I saw you had posted. I'll look forward to seeing it. Thank you for being so kind when I messed up your color choice. I'm pretty well organized but I still make errors.

==========================

Wendy We miss it, bad
Mauka Glad u liked the pics
Wendy Agree with Mauka, you are the hardest Tiki worker ever

Time for a cookie break? :)

Thank you men. Where did all the women go to? Lori where are you? I appreciate all comments. You all keep me posting and having fun.

===================

Wish List #8 this project is for Bruce Dewing.

It has many parts so I'm just going to show a few steps first.

The project is for two Tiki Bob conversions to a man and a woman and the addition of a pitch fork.

Making something in clay is scary because it's so easy to break something and lose all the time and work. But it got done.

After it was all together I added more clay to reinforce it at the joints.

Once it dried I carved it into the best shape and

then I carefully sanded it.

I carved out the bottom on the first mug.

I carved out the bottom on the second mug.

Have you guessed what this will end up being? Cheers, Wendy

Wish List #8. For Bruce Dewing. He requested the reproduction of the American Gothic painting Tiki Bob style.

I started with the wife.

Then I did the husband.

A friend is making a pitch fork out of metal too. Bruce said, that just like Barbie he can choose.

I hope I got it right. Wendy

Looks just like em

Wendy,
You're a daily read for me, and I'm continually amazed at not only your productivity but your immense talent. I thought the American Tiki Gothic is above and beyond. Fantastic!

hang10tiki: Thanks for taking us all on a vicarious "vacation of a lifetime". I really enjoyed the pix!

CWSM- glad you enjoyed the pics

hang10tiki I was hoping someone would say that. Keeping them as a Tiki Bob was a challenge.

coldwarspacemonkey thank you so much for both checking in here and for liking my peoples wishes!

=============================

Wish List #8 continues along with the Sacramento Crawl mug.

HUGE TIKI GARAGE SALE JULY 21ST, 2018 7 AM UNTIL 11 AM.

Dan is once again doing a major purge of his tiki collection. He started seriously collecting albums in 1978 and added Tikis when he read Tiki News by Otto. Now he wants to combine them in the Tiki Jungle Room. To make that happen he has to let go again.

Here is the room before the purge started.

He started with this one side.

Once he moved albums into the space he saw that he would have to do the same to the other side.

Letting so many go for the garage sale we bough additional tables.

Last time the sale was of items not displayed in the collection. This time it's part of his collection he is letting go.
We are pricing everything to move out of our home to yours. Come get a bargain. We are 16 miles south of Sacramento, CA.

Request our address if you need it.

Cheers, Wendy

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Jul 1, 2018 5:08 PM

As an Iowan, I approve of your American Gothic Tiki Bobs.

Hamo I'm so glad that people didn't reject the conversion of Tiki Bob's. Iowan? No wonder you don't go to my garage sales.

=====================

The purge of Dan's tiki jungle room has caused up to purge every tiki room in the house. Here's a small example.

We had our own Enchanted Tiki Room.

Now the large birds have gone into the garage sale. We just bought the small ones at Old Town San Diego last Tiki Oasis so they are staying with us a while longer.

I need to take more photos soon. Cheers, Wendy

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2018 10:58 PM

On 2018-07-03 06:11, danlovestikis wrote:
Iowan? No wonder you don't go to my garage sales.

Native Iowan who’s lived in Colorado for awhile. Still a long way from your garage, though....

Hamo my dream is to do a road trip to all the large and small cities in Colorado. What is the best month to avoid rain and snow?

==============================

Catch up photos from a few months ago. When I finish my work day I get board just watching TV to relax so I get a Tiki Bob cast, clean it up and figure something out. 8 new Tiki Bob's.

The first one is Space Man Tiki Bob. He has his rocket strapped to his back. He can shrink to fit in or he can enlarge his ship. Tech is wonderful.

At first glance people this this is an octopus tentacle. But nope this is Cell Phone Tower Tiki Bob.

Watch out!

This is my favorite design to carve Tiki Bob. It always looks great when glazed.

Our neighbors cat hangs out in our back yard waiting to be scratched or given treats. So this Kitty Cat Tiki Bob is dedicated to Scottie.

This Modern Tiki Bob has some texture.

This PNG Tiki Bob has a

Cassowary fly swatter on the back. We actually own one of these.

I just put my carving tool at the bottom and I ask Tiki Bob to spin. He then becomes Spiral Tiki Bob.

Wood Grain Tiki Bob is an old standby and I do him every few years. Of course no two look the same.

I've done so much that I've got to post in big sections or I'll never catch up. Wendy

Tons of Bobs
Awesome

Another killer tiki garage/estate sale
Wow
Can’t wait for pics

Anything in the kiln??

Cheers

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Jul 5, 2018 9:18 PM

On 2018-07-04 07:50, danlovestikis wrote:
Hamo my dream is to do a road trip to all the large and small cities in Colorado. What is the best month to avoid rain and snow?

You definitely shouldn’t have to worry about snow June through September; May and October are a little iffier. Rain is a bit harder to predict. I realize no one wants a rainy vacation, but if we don’t got some, then nobody else has water. Generally, I think autumn is a nice time to be in the state.

Hamo, thank you for the information.

===============================================

Dan completed removing tikis from this area of his tiki jungle room. They bumped other tikis in other rooms until

we have filled up the garage with over 1000 items for sale. I have taken dark blurry images so that no one will request to buy ahead of time. People saw how low the prices were and wanted to buy and have us ship. The reason the prices are low is so that we don't have to ship. If we were shipping the prices would double.

So the garage is as full as last time but with even better things because the first sale was of things out of closets and hidden away. This time the sale is of his displayed items for which the records have bumped.

Please bring your own boxes and bubble wrap. CASH ONLY sales. Thank you. If you need our address use ask or PM me, See you in two weeks. Wendy and Dan

Because I did a sneaky photo shoot of our up and coming tiki garage sale I was called a tease. I resemble that remark! But so far it stopped requests and that makes my life easier.

Here are catch up photos for Wish List #8 and for my extra after work Tiki Bob projects.

The time had come for a majoy sanding day. I use mesh and it works really well. The first item was the cap for the I Dream Of Jeanne bottle.

I was able to sand the pitchfork without breaking it. That's such a relief.

A friend, Rich Teske, for fun worked with metal and made an alternative pitchfork for Bruce Dewing's American Gothic Couple.

Cole Ungers Tiki Bob wish is sanded.

I had some slabs of clay that were never going to be used. So I dried them, lost 30% to cracking and those that were saved will become tiles with the names of vegetables on them for my friend Norma. She grows a wonderful vegetable garden each year.

Dan did all the dusting with the air compressor.

Nothing cracked, it was a good load.

Out of the kiln and ready to be scrubbed and hidden under a plastic tarp.

More projects ready to be glazed next. This is when it gets to be fun. Wendy

Wish List #8 update. The Hot Tub Hula Girl's are shipping out. Here are some of the steps I took to make them.

Pour in the water glaze and let them sit.

Then pour it out. Each mug now has a mess to clean up and I have to carefully scrub a lot of boobies.

Each girl must be cleaned well or the blue glaze will ruin the other glazes.

One done and

now I touch up the water line. I will do this several times.

After two days of work they are ready to have their bottoms done.

I leave a small square un-glazed so I can write the number of the mug there. I'm doing 101 to 118 on this Wish List.

On another day I glaze the sides of the mugs. Then when the sides are dry I turn them to let the bottoms dry.

Next I put notes into each mug so that I know the hair color etc. for each mug.

I do four layers of skin colored glaze for each mug to prevent brush strokes from showing up. Each layer must dry before the next is applied.

It always messes up the hair which I do first and

so after all the layers of skin glaze are done I have to go back and do the hair to cover the mess.

I do two layers of white and then

two layers of clear.

After the mug is fired I examine it to see if touch ups and re-firing is needed. I re-glazed 50% of the 18 this time around.

Then when ready I paint the faces with enamel and bake them in the home oven to set the paint. These are being shipped from Coast to coast this week.

Thank you for the visit, Wendy

Those hot tub hula girls are SO clever. It's hard not to be underwhelmed by regular coconut mugs now.

Wow
Bobs n Hula girls look good
Busy u are

Quick Oahu trip
Just got back
A few pics for ya

Day 1

2 am flight from Vegas
Landed 5 am Hawaii time
Dropped off bags at our hotel and started walking
And walking
And walking

On 2018-07-11 09:16, hang10tiki wrote:

Wait a minute - is that an actual message in a bottle in the lower left pic?!?!?

Day 2

Yup, lots of walking
Flowers going crazy
More walking
Picked up a Risa Electric Ukulele Stick
And more walking
A couple cocktails

Hope chest- yep
Funny

Day 3

Another long morning walk
Then beach time (no camera)
Long Afternoon walk
Great food and drinks

Oh I love surprises and this was a terrific one. You walked so many places that we walked. I hope one day you go to Fosters Gardens. We loved the zoo too. It's so much fun to go on a trip with you. That last photo shows how handsome you are. We need one like that of Janelle to show her beauty. Thank you for sharing. Is there more to come? Hugs, Wendy

Hi W
We probably walk about 6 HRs a day when on vacation
Was fun
You are to kind
Hit a few antique stores, didn’t get anything

Day 4

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2018-07-11 16:22 ]

Day 5

(1/2 day)

Walk
Macadamia nut pancakes
Ocean (no camera)

What, time to leave already

Cheers

For us looking at photos that was a super fast trip but for you five days. LOVE the heart photo. You are a beautiful couple. I'm so happy you two didn't catch a cold on the plane. I feel like we didn't go to Oahu since we were ill the whole time but Dan said we did and our next trip will be back to Maui. It's so nice living on the West coast. Thank you for sharing your photos. I know I will look at them many times. Wendy

Great pictures!

Wow - SO much to catch up on! Amazing work as always, Wendy. Those American Gothic Bobs are kinda freaking me out.

Hang10 - another Vacation?! You're killing me.
Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Wendy-
MH-
Bammmmm-

Glad u like the pics

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 10816 replies