Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Polynesian Isles

Pages: 1 6 replies

R
Rain posted on Wed, May 21, 2003 1:13 PM

I was driving on west 192 in Kissimmee today (FL) and I passed "Polynesian Isle Drive" (or something close to that) and it went into a place with signs reading "Polynesian Isles." Anybody know if this is a resort, a subdivision, or what? (I didn't have time to explore.)

Yes, I think it is a timeshare. I tried to get in, but the guard scared me away. I've seen a few photos of the grounds and rooms on the Internet, but it looks kind of bland. No tikis in the pics.

R
Rain posted on Wed, May 21, 2003 3:11 PM

bah - faked out again.
oh well.
thanks kg

My wife and I were down there last week on vacation and I stopped by to check out the place. The guard at the shack was a real jerk and wouldn't let me in even to just take a few pictures. So I just parked at his shack and took them anyway from the entrance. I couldn't see any tikis and the guard had no idea what I was talking about. At least the resort tried (timeshare condos) to look polynesian with the generic A-frame buildings, as opposed to just calling themselves Polynesian Isles. They do have a nice waterfall and lagoon around the backside of the wall along the main entrance.

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-07-22 08:32 ]

R
Rain posted on Thu, May 22, 2003 3:22 PM

wow, an intrepid explorer. cool!

M
Mambo posted on Thu, May 22, 2003 7:02 PM

If you braz want to check it out permanently
there is a unit on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2323881394&category=15897

Yea Mon.

I used to live RIGHT BEHIND that complex...it's a timeshare...and yes...the security guards are real *ssholes.

The buildings went under a refurbishment about three years ago...before that, they were a cocoa brown with medium brown accents...kinda like the Polynesian Resort at Disney. Now it's kinda "Brady Bunch"-ish, and they removed most of the thatched-top umbrellas that kinda gave the place a slight "tiki" edge. When they repainted, so did my complex, which went light brown and white...kinda to match.

From what I hear, the place is not all that hot...it's fakey-tiki.

:)

Tiki Tackett

Pages: 1 6 replies