Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

Latest find is the Kon Tiki S&P pair with "Kon Tiki Hotel Phoenix" stamped on the bottoms.

S

I have been slowly adding to my shaker collection and since I have some time to kill I thought I would add more photos to this thread--even if I may have already posted them elsewhere on here.

Kelvin shakers

I love these short, squatty peanut men that are just marked Made in Japan :

For size comparison here the above two sets pictured with a set of PMP shakers (in the middle)

Dark brown Skipper Kent's:

Still digging these Kowloon's ...crossing these off my "Need to find" list was awesome :

It would be cool to know how many different places used this moai shaker design. These are the Johnny Quong's from SLC, Utah :

and this design too seems used quite often :

Kona Kai

BK

I still can't believe you found those Kowloon shakers in Cali!

S

On 2014-03-09 17:17, Big Kahuna wrote:
I still can't believe you found those Kowloon shakers in Cali!

or that I paid so little for them :wink:

T

I still have yet to put a photo up of my S&P collection because they're all over the place. But I will eventually. But here is a set of S&P mill that I found back in 2010. I posted a photo back then of a single one I found from somewhere on-line. Here, http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=565909 Has anyone else ever seen these? They are 9" tall.

On 2011-01-26 17:10, blacklagoon wrote:
I love S&P's!

My wife made these for me one year for my Birthday, only two sets exist!

Creature From the Black Lagoon S&P's

Love these! the glaze is beautiful!.

My little starter collection. The NZ Maori are wooden and hand carved and are my favorites.

Found this pair yesterday. "JAPAN" sticker on bottom.

BK

Those are interesting. They're kinda like Monkey Kus.

S

Added a few sets to my collection recently. These Trader Vic's ones i picked up at an antique store in Bisbee, Arizona on my recent trip to the U.S.

And i found two sets this weekend at an antique store here back at home in Melbourne. First these ceramic Beenleigh Rum barrels.

And i also found these crude wooden carved ones. The pair on the right i found a little while ago but i never posted any pictures of. Apparently there's a picture of some similar in the new Tiki Pop book by Sven. Mines on order and should arrive soon so i look forward to seeing the picture in it.

i dig seeing everyone's collections. here are most of mine. unfortunately, i dont have shelf space to display both shakers.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jul 28, 2014 2:27 PM

Impressive S&P collection there my friend! Thanks for posting the pic. G

S

Antique store find today.

Z

His brother suffered a tragic accident.
Anyone have spare?

S

I have a friend who is into Tiki but not a big collector and he visits lots of antique stores regularly and if he sees something he thinks i might like he'll send me a pic and ask if i want it. He found these for me this week which i picked up today. The green pair a couple of posts back were some he found for me also.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2014-10-26 02:20 ]

Swiz- a friend who helps you hunt tiki= priceless
:)

This is such a great thread. When we started our downsizing Dan decided after the first sale to keep all of his shakers. We had sold a dozen sets so now it's time to hunt them down again. Cheers, Wendy

Wendy
Pics?

Keep em coming

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2019-12-25 19:43 ]

Swizzle I'm so jealous.

T

On 2018-12-17 18:59, danlovestikis wrote:

Swizzle I'm so jealous.

Four years later your jealous of Swizzles find?

S

Popped into the antique store today and found another pair of the crude Ku S&P shakers that match the large spoon and fork you see everywhere. I didn't realize i already had a pair until i loaded these onto Ooga Mooga.

And i also found these. There's no markings on them and i'm not sure if they are supposed to be PNG drums or not but they sure in hell look like it to me.

S

SwiZ- how many SnPs u gotZ now?

Pages: 1 2 72 replies