Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

ladies of tiki swap - IMPORTANT NOTE - pg.9!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies

Tiki Tranny :lol: That wasn't very nice! But in all fairness to the artist it's got to be difficult to get a feminine look when you start out with a big blocky head.

Cy, great finished product. A friend and I bought a four color press years back and did shirts. I have great memories of the times we spent printing shirts (but didn't enjoy washing screens so much :D )

C
cy posted on Mon, Jul 11, 2011 8:29 PM

Thanks a lot for the comments Tiki Lee's and Mad Dog- It is a lot of work and cleaning screens is THE worst. All colors were hand cut using the old style rubylith and xacto knife. That took me 2 albums worth-The Hula Girls "Curse of the Tiki " and Reverend Horton Heat's "Martini Time".

A slightly less....Mannish.... wahine figure:

The Touch of Pele, with a more PG approach...

...and the mats:
Heartbreaker

...and Babbette

...WHEW!!!

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-07-18 12:15 ]

These are pics of my Hula Girl's cousin, Wonder Woman (which I have made as a tribute to my sister-in-law who dressed as Wonder Woman & jumped into a partially frozen lake in northern Pennsylvania in February to raise money for Children & Youth Services.

I hope that my Hula Girl will be at least as voluptuous as Wonder Woman is!

~kele

Wow kele that's a lot of stitches. She's a doll with personality. Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Progress pic of my Hula Girl... bigger boobages than Wonder Woman had!

We're going to Knobels Amusement Park tomorrow for my (new) company picnic, so I won't be able to work on her til tomorrow night, but she's really moving along!
~kele

Z

the clock is ticking, kats 'n' kittens! Lets get a-posting those progress shots!
AlohaStation
Tiki Lee's
Bongo Bungalo
Lente
artosaurus
Pikeys Dog
atomictonytiki
TikiG
Tobor64
mp
Where you at???

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-07-26 17:13 ]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-07-26 17:15 ]

C
cy posted on Wed, Jul 27, 2011 8:30 AM

Done.

Sorry for the lack of progress pics - my Camera was on the Fritz:

Imagine a jug of clay slip being poured into a plate mould...

It's cast, then biscuit fired.

Decorated with coloured underglaze and then fired with a foodsafe glaze.

Et Voila!

Z

Wow, guys! It was worth waiting to see the wahine goodness!
Pikey's Dog - both functional and beauteous!
cy - Wow... just...wow.
Wendy - YAY!
'Kele - gathering steam... can't wait to se her ready to hula!

Thanks everyone for being part of the swap.
~Zero

After some prodding I've decided to give you a sneak peak at what I've got going. After reading this discussion http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40510&forum=18 I decided to do something that can be accepted as art or not - is it handmade or not - hopefully it will help bridge the gap. The first half...

Z

Wowee wow wow!
...that is one fine monkey! :)
~Zero

C
cy posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2011 7:20 PM

That is definitely art AlohaStation. Can't wait to see the finished product.

On 2011-07-27 16:18, Pikeys Dog wrote:

It's cast, then biscuit fired.

...so this is a giant Jammy Dodger?
no? Wrong biscuit?

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-04 17:11 ]

Still working on final details but here is the illustration...

Down to the wire and great art starts to pour in! I've got mine boxed and ready to ship. Cheers, Wendy

Z

2 DAYS LEFT!

Two days left! I shall not sleep, I shall not eat, until this little project is ready to ship! Here's a tease:

Progress pic...

She isn't quite doing the hula yet, but I'm working on accessories....

Ready to ship: "hula hula hula" Acrylic on wood panel, 8"x 24".

Z

Amazing! As the clock ticks down, everyone emerges from the shadows with wahine goodness!

Remember, kats 'n' kittens, tomorrow is the due date!

Zero

Aloha,

Here is my just-in-the-nick-of-time contribution to the swap.
It's an 8"x10" pencil drawing on smooth finish bristol.

T

Here's my contribution to the swap...

Colored pencil on coquille paper.

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2011-08-05 08:08 ]

Here's mine. "Mystery Girl". The girl was drawn in Illustrator and is accompanied by one of my artist proofs for the 2010 Hukilau pendant. Better pictures are coming.

Come on - I don't want to name names or anything... but where are LLT, Grog, Kirby, TikiShark, Sneeki, TikiG and all the others that share this forum. We should have 50 people taking part in this. It doesn't take much effort and whatever you produce I know I would be happy with it!!

Wow, that's terrific. Today will be fun. Is there a cut off time ZeroTiki? Wendy

Twins, one naughty and one nice.

These are the Girls of my Missionary's Downfall bowl that Gecko and I are producing.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-08-05 09:18 ]

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Aug 5, 2011 10:16 AM

Aloha TC peeps!!

Here's my swap painting - I titled it "Burke's Babe" - oils on black velvet w/ 9" x 12" handmade bamboo frame.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed painting it - it was very much an experiment and practice run for future black velvet projects I'm planning.

Props to all the other artists swapping their stuff here - its all of you that inspire me daily! Love & Hugs~ G

Z

BYOOOTIFULLNESS!!!!
Thank yu all for such great work and comments throughout!
~We will shut it down and close the dors on this swap **TODAY AT 8 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME. **
There are still 3 potential swappees with no progress shots up, and they haven't responded to PMs. If they don't, they will be removed from the choosing Fez.
I have just sent out last call reminders to those not up.

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-05 10:47 ]

My Hula Girl is finally finished! She is approximately 16" tall & took many hours of crocheting to complete!
Here she is wearing her pretty pink bikini top

Here she displays her coconut bra

And here, she shows off her... ahem... personal assets

Also, please note the really big hair! lol

Wow it is fun to see this beautiful art pop up at the end. Kele your doll is a darling doll.

I've PM'd Pikey's Dog, I'm waiting to hear back, Wendy

TL

Sorry folks...

I tried three times and failed miserably each time.

I guess I just can't do humans...

Hopefully next swap won't be so figurally specific.

Such cool stuff, I'm sorry I missed out this time but it just didn't work out for me :( Hopefully next time.

ZeroTiki, thank you for taking the time to arrange this Swap - looks like you rounded up some great art. I didn't know AlohaStation did 2D art and I didn't know that TikiG did velvets - I guess I'm not too old to learn something :D

Z

This was an incredibly challenging swap for me, because I pretty much never do figural work. So I can understand the difficulty, lee's. I figure you'll just do something even awesomer next swap!

...Awesomer? Is that even a word?

Thanks for the Kudos, MDM. See you soon!
~Zero

Z

**IMPORTANT SWAP INFORMATION!!!!!!

Because there was not 100% clarity on the number of attendees, the names were drawn completely random. This means that the person who is sending you a piece is NOT NECESSARILY THE PERSON YOU ARE SENDING TO. Please wait for a PM from the person you will send to.
~Zero**
AlohaStation: You now have 1st hand experience of me in panic mode...sorry about the double PM's!
:)

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-06 19:07 ]

L
Lente posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2011 11:20 AM

On 2011-08-06 09:19, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Sorry folks...

I tried three times and failed miserably each time.

I guess I just can't do humans...

Hopefully next swap won't be so figurally specific.

This for me as well. I'll wait until I make some more progress as an artist before offering myself up in one of these again.

No panic! It would help if you post a directory of who gets what.

Z

Okay, here's the results of the clunky, do it better next time Fez of Choosing art exchange:
**TikiG sends to Tobor64
Waikikimoekele sends to Bongo Bungalo
AlohaStation sends to TikiG
artosaurus sends to ZeroTiki
Bongo Bungalo sends to artosaurus
Tobor64 sends to AlohaStation
danlovestikis sends to Waikikimoekele
Pikeys dog sends to danlovestikis
cy sends to Pikeys dog
ZeroTiki sends to cy
I am sorry that things got soooo confusing. The number of attendees was a number that continued to fluctuate, so I adopted the random method that has been employed in mug exchanges on TC in the past. Tres confusing, I guess...
If anyone has already sent out items to a different recipient, PLEASE PM ME ASAP, so I can cobble together a Plan 'B' that gets everyone goodies.
~ZeroDoofus, I mean...Tiki

It's all good, ZT. The mystery of who is sending you a package, that I've enjoyed in other trades, is lost, but that's OK. The constraints of the program on the art and knowing you are doing art to giveaway, is what mostly makes this fun.

Thanks for putting this together.

Hi Zero, I've let Pikey's dog know about the confusion. He hasn't read his PM's yet but I'll be sending the hula girls to Kele today so your list is intact. See you soon, Wendy

PD

Arrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Confused?

I am.

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2011-08-08 17:21 ]

Z

Here is a copy of the PM I sent, with decoding and explanation--

Greetings, Swapperino!

Mrs. ZeroTiki has consulted the Fez of Choosing (patent pending), and your name has floated to the top, in an almost magical manner!!! HOORAY!
~I have decided to make this swap more thoroughly random, so everyone gets chosen from a full fez. Through this process, you will be receiving your swap item from:
Person you send your mailing address to HERE
Please send a personal message with your mailing info to your swapper by Sunday, so they can get your item in the post ASAP!
The person drawn to send you a piece was completely randomized, so you will be sending to someone different
Thanks again for helping to make this a fantastic swap! Looking forward to your pics on the thread!
Mahalos,
ZEROTIKI

In addition, each of you should receive a PM from the person YOU are mailing TO.
~Again, I apologise for any confusion.

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-09 08:42 ]

PD

Right,

Let me get this straight then...

I'm not receiving anything from Wendy but I am shipping to her?

I'm actually receiving my trade item from someone else?

Rats - i was looking forward to getting my paws on those cute little pot Hula Girls.

Suppose I'd better look back through the thread to see what to expect now.

Z

Yes - I adopted the procedure used in mug exchanges in the past. I figured that enough of us had done them in the past so it wouldn't be too confusing. I was obviously mistaken, though.

PD

No problem...

I've got it sorted out now.

Cheers!

C
cy posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2011 8:18 AM

Hi Pikeys Dog- Sent you a pm but haven't heard back. Let me know where you want your print sent and I will get it sailing across the pond.

Z

cy-keep an eye on your postbox.

I got the BEST ONE! A big mahalo to Waikikimoekele! This handcrafted hula gal is so well detailed- just amazing. And she brings a smile to everyone who sees her.

Ok, so this is a nice picture, but it doesn't nearly convey how cool this hula girl is. Don't know why, but trust me, she is over-the-top!

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2011-08-12 15:26 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Aug 12, 2011 7:35 AM

Got your print in the mail yesterday, Joe- Will take 4-10 days

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies