Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Will carve

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 1,669 replies

That’s a great one Will. Mike, looks good in his new home. Feels good to be in the “Master Will Carve Florida palm frond carved club” doesn’t it ???? I love mine.

BTW everybody that's hemp rope in case you run dry.

H

Its always fun looking at your work. You are an amazing carver.

Mike, thank you for the critique you are spot on & it was a pleasure to carve it for you.

John, "Feels good to be in the “Master Will Carve Florida palm frond carved club” doesn’t it ???? I love mine" You earned your place there too, thank you.

Hilda, it's always good when you stop by. Thank you for the comps.

So, I was digging thru a box & found the jig I used to make the Palm Frond Moai pendant we all carved in my carve class at Hukilau a few years ago. It was EZ to carve & fun. I thought I'd carve one just for fun. It was so much fun I couldn't stop making them. DSC02189

Sweet assembly line

Awesome, 2 Tiki thumbs up, or should I say 10?

PS 34 pages of tiki sweetness

Sweetness, You're too kind. Thank you.

So this is an in progress of the next Palm Panel Pendant project so ya can see how it/they got there.

I'll cut them apart when I'm done.DSC02190

Way kool

I wouldn't cut them, it's a cool design as-is. Comedy/tragedy, Ying/yang, something like that. Very deep commentary on the duality of man. Whether you meant to or not. :)

Good concept man, but I set them free & look what happened.

I created a Kupenstine. In my best Boris Karloff, they're alive.

DSC02194

[ Edited by Will carve on 2023-05-18 05:29:52 ]

Cool masks!

"I was digging thru a box & found the jig I used to make the Palm Frond Moai pendant" - What does that jig look like? How do you use it?

Holy cow

You made 2 Wills

Tiki thumbs up sir

Mike, About that jig, Not sure what you're expecting. Are you think'n big C&C mch. with lasers, cutting blades, water-jets, a bank of computers? Well, not exactly. dd1

I made the jig to draw them out with speed & consistency for my carving class of around 50 people. After I drew them I finished the top & bottom & drilled he hole for the cord so that the students could carve them with about 7 cuts. Most completed the carve & wore them to the Mai-Kai that night. You could tell who was in my class walking around with a giddy smile on there face proudly wearing there hand carved pendants.

This is 2 sliding door door pulls for my buddy.

DP2 DP3 DP4 DP5.2

[ Edited by Will carve on 2023-05-20 11:42:14 ]

Soon to be the best lookin sliding doors ever

That's exactly what I expected. I didn't figure to be the CNC type. I'm going to have to study that a bit and see exactly how you use it. Great story about all your proud students

Hay, any body seen Tiki-Tom-Tom's new book?

"Polynesiacs Tiki at home."

Been to pg. 160 ?

Got mine a few days ago.

Have not, will keep an eye out, post a photo of the page you are referring to

Found it yesterday before reading your post. Fantastic!

I asked. Tiki-Tom-Tom said "post it"

DSC02205

Freekin awesome

If I get it, WILL u sign it?

if you'll sign mine.

Lol

This carve,sliding door-door pulls started a few posts back. Fun project, didn't take too long.

I carved them together, one larger piece of wood, made it EZer.

DSC02204

DSC02206

DSC02207

When I was done I set them free. & they've been giving each other stink eye since.

DSC02210

You successfully separated the Siamese errrrrr MOAI twins

Awesome

Me like, a lot

We need the installation photo

We are in the middle of Hukilau week end. Tiki Tom-Tom came by. Crazy Al came by. The girls from the Honu Hideaway in Dunedin just left and the sliding door guy, Philip will pick up his door pulls and I will press him for an install pic. this wknd.

Awesome sauce Will! Enjoy Hukilau

I was just showing this picture to a bud and it was said "that picture is epic".

Can any one put names to these guys?monstersoftiki_zpsf472efa9

Last week I made a coco nut lamp for a friend. Didn't get a picture of it but my bud took a pic of me with my lamp in the back ground.20230623_183847

Damn you're lookin' dapper Will! Nice lamp too

A man & his tools, it's a beautiful thing.

Thanks Mike,.....Ops

I guess nobody knows anybody in that picture. I didn't take it & the caption on it reads.

The monsters of Tiki.

[ Edited by Will carve on 2023-06-27 14:15:05 ]

Great lamp idea and execution

I recognize a few of those tiki carving masters

I wanted to post my frond for the Art Swap. It went to Jon & I won his.DSC02218

Very cool.

Can’t wait sir

U rock

I make a lot of Tiki stuff. I've been wanting to try my hand a Tiki lamps.

So I started with these two float balls & used my Macrmae knot skills.

Some how I'm not sure I'm getting it right.Tiki lamps

You are BAD Will LOL

Reminds me of something

🤔

WC

Getting back to the door pulls I made: Phillip wrote:

The suspense is finally over! Here he is in situ! Nice & sturdy-much better than original! I put longer screws in since I had more depth. Original screws were shorter & got loose over time. I hope you agree it looks fantastic! Thanks, my friend!

Phillip Door pulls 8-3

That is purdy

Well done sir

Should come on every new home, just sayin

So the 2 big guys going to the Mai- Kai, they're not.

They went to a private home, they're up & My bud went by in a kayak & took pics.

I may have a lil video coming.IMG_5402IMG_5403IMG_5404

[ Edited by Will carve on 2023-08-20 13:58:25 ]

Wow

Awesome

Can’t wait for video

Lucky people!!!!!

I seen the video Tom took, AWESOME!

That video is on face book & I can't get a link on here.

Here's the link but I think you can only see it if you're signed in to FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/reel/537797358482280

It says log into Facebook, for those of us non-Facebook-ers

can’t open it

😞

[ Edited by hang10tiki on 2023-08-22 16:20:39 ]

I haven't carved in months. Been giving my hands a rest.

I had a door pull request. My traditional door pulls are Moais & this person is not so Tiki so we were of the mind to make it a Hawaiian paddle.

So it's a Hawaiian Paddle Door Pull.

Say it enough & it becomes an ear worm. DSC02223

Me like sir, another great Florida door!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 1669 replies