Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Famous and not so Famous Quotes

Pages: 1 2 75 replies

"Will Ferrell tried to stab me once. It was SNL, so we were all hopped up on goofballs, out of our minds on quaaludes and horse antibiotics. I remember thinking, This guy's a genius. It would be an honor to be killed by him." - Tina Fey (January 2008)

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

John F Kennedy- "I need a parade in Dallas like I need a hole in my head!"

Mayor of Hiroshima- "What the hell was that?"

Joan of Arc- "I don't suppose it's gonna rain, is it?"

General Custer - "Where did all the damn Indians come from?"

General John Sedgwick - "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance" just before he was shot in the head by a Conferate sharpshooter

W

"This has got a scotchy taste with a vodka undertone. Why don't you market it and call it Scotchka?" Said by Dean Martin's character in the movie Who Was That Lady?

T
twitch posted on Wed, Jun 1, 2011 7:23 PM

"Hell is other people." - J.P. Sartre

"Hell is other clowns." - J.P. Patches

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2011 7:33 AM

On toilet training -

"You are four years old. You have to shit on the toilet. This is not one of those negotiations where we'll go back and forth and find some middle ground. This ends up with you shitting in the toilet."

On Curfew -

"I don't give a shit what time you get home, just don't wake me up. That's your curfew: not waking me up.

• Justin Halpern's father
K

"We do what we FUCKIN' like".

Sandy Harbutt - 'Stone' (1974).

"Why is it everytime time we meet, you point something at me" Penelope Cruz to Johnny Depp in Pirates OTC On Stranger Tides.

DZ

"To be is to do" - Socrates

"To do is to be" - Sartre

"Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do.

Heavenly Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGzl-OEyGE

"It feels so good feeling good again"
Robert Earl Keen

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."

Unknown

"What is the law?" Dr. Moreau

Bear

"I'm and excellent driver yeah!" Rain Man

"Don't fuck this up" Alan Shepard seconds before becoming the first American in space, May 1961

D

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever".
Nigel Tufnel

"Now fora stary that'll make yer balls SHRINK ta thesize a rraizins!" SPIKE in "Notting Hill"

D

Over time, your quickness with a cocky rejoiner must have gotten you many punches in the face.
Al Swearengen

"People ask me all the time, they say 'Eddie are you kidding...'...."
"No, my friends, I am not kidding..."
"We have the West largest selection of portly, cadet and extra long..."
"Zachary All, right here on the Miracle Mile..."
-Edward Nalbandian, owner of Zachary All

Whatcha talk'n' bout Willis?

"Facebook is the Devil" (a friend of mine who isn't on Facebook)

General de Gaulle, in the 1950s, commenting on the sub-machine gun stowed in a wooden box that he was given for home security at his country residence:

"Those things go off on their own. You can count on me to leave it alone. Give me a tank instead."

"Way to go, Einstein","Good one, Einstein"

"There's nothing to do but eat and crap, eat and crap! It's like I'm visiting my parents! -nibbler from Futurama

[ Edited by: tikicoma 2018-01-14 00:43 ]

T

"I don't fit your formuli. Your state has everything categorized...indexed, TAGGED. People like you are the strength, people like me are the weakness. You control order and dictate and my kind...merely follow and obey. But something has gone wrong hasn't it? I don't fit, do I?"

Romney Wordsworth

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly': Winston Churchill too a woman complaining about his drinking habit.

main-qimg-a530fcdc5152c910a5530d23187f05b1

[ Edited by TIKIGIKI on 2022-11-23 22:55:18 ]

T

main-qimg-881cea9b45a9f5df258cd9957f36ab1c

giphy (2)

play-it-sam-play

giphy

T

Personal favourite.....

200w (1)

Pages: 1 2 75 replies