Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

3/20/2020 free coloring book pages to download, pandemic distancing activities

Pages: 1 2 3 130 replies

Cheers back to you! Wendy

PS I heard you moved, were in a horrible accident and may give up ceramics, I hope that you are well and that art is still in your future, it's good for healing

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-09-05 14:22 ]

Hi Wendy, we relocated to Georgia 4 years ago. Yes going through some health issues but trying to keep the ceramics going. Thanks for checking in! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!!

OceaOtica, I'm sorry to hear you were hurt but very happy your are keeping the ceramics going. You are so talented. Cheers to many more creations from Georgia of all places!!! Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-09-06 14:41 ]

O

well, busy Sunday, was planning to load up more photos but got to cut it short. Cheers! for now
Sepik inspired mugs

These are great! Nice job!

Thanks SL! Hope life is treating you well!!
Here are some recent Ocea Otica mugs

Thanks for checking them out!

Nice Cass! The Sepik hook is amazing :o The half Moai is hilarious :lol:

Awesome
Zombie Bob is amazing

Thanks MDM. Still need to get a package your way!
Appreciate it Hang10!!

You got something for me???!!! :o :D

If you have an address, check with me first. I moved last year

Hey MDM, will message you.

Health setbacks have slowed getting my studio completed but I have eaked out some art when i can.

An Ocea Otica Cult Hook mug made to be a lamp base for collaboration with Tiki Jason

His finished lamp

Had a flu bug leading up to Inuhele, so the display had to be slammed out the night before the event. Stripped and converted a wood panel bar from a garage sale into a mug bar. Will do more finish work on it as time allows.

and my friend and co-pilot for the event Andy working the bar

An AP Sepik inspired mug, which i will be remolding for release later in the year

My more fiendish line of mugs, Drinky Fiends, Skullitiva 2, now in production

http://www.junkhaulerarts.com

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2019-04-18 13:47 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2019-04-18 13:48 ]

Your work is beautiful and I'm really loving that lamp project. Quality stuff.

Sweet

It's so much fun when you post. I love seeing what you are up to. Wendy

We were glad to have you at Inuhele! Great work and awesome folks. Really love our moai!

Here is a photo build/shoot form earlier in the year. It depicts the Kiwi's Nest Grog for a demo for Beachbum Berry.
Its an homage to our former beloved Iguana family member Lester, whose diet included kiwi fruit, and was the reason why this drink was often served at home. Lester's memorial footprint can be seen nestled in the abalone shells under the cocktail.

Good to see you back at work. Your eaking puts us all to shame!!! Wendy

Tooo kind Wendy! Great to see your work for Bowl-O-Rama 2; hope it all arrives safely! Kampai!

Cass! Very cool! We have had a few iguanas over the past 30 years, I have really enjoyed them. Does the drink contain kiwi juice? I don't think I've seen that in a drink yet?

Oh! I found it. Gonna have to give this a try!

1 whole fresh lemon, cut into quarters ½ fresh kiwi fruit, peeled 1 oz amber martinique rum 1 oz light virgin islands rum ½ oz dark jamaican rum 1 oz orgeat syrup or Homemade Orgeat Syrup ¼ oz pimento liqueur or Homemade Pimento Liqueur 1 dash orange bitters

In a cocktail shaker, thoroughly muddle kiwi and lemon to extract all juice. Add all other ingredients and shake well with ice cubes. Strain into a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a kiwi fruit wheel.

Cass, the Kiwi's Nest Grog is your creation! I was doing some research and found your original recipe. I tried Berry's simplified version tonight but need to try yours too.

Hey MDM,
Hope you enjoyed making and drinking the cocktail!
Have a few things still drying out but then your package will set sail.
okay so i am photoshopping some collaged pics together in the hopes they wont load up on TC sideways. lets see.
Photos of the Bowl-O-Rama 2 bowl, coaster and base with the production notes/care guide book i didnt have finished for the show but will travel with Eric October, who so graciously is going to haul the whole set to different vending venues. Thanks again Eric!

Cement Moai # 1 and 2 i am currently producing

these are waterproofed with eco friendly Rain Guard
and some beautiful photos by Jeff Himmel of them in his succulent garden

and here are my test samples of my 2014 Tangaroa piece that i finally am getting around to producing in larger quantities these are have a wood peg attached in back and are for using in building your own bar elements

as for Drinky Fiends:

I remolded the 2008 What If... WITCO zombie pendant that i was giving away free to people coming into town for Tiki Oasis that could meet up at Tiki Ti beforehand. Here is a pic of the originals, white has glow in the dark, the green was an auto flip color and the wood painted one was all done in blacklight color. I will be sculpting a long haired companion to the 2008 version as well

KAMPAI!!

http://www.junkhaulerarts.com

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2019-07-07 10:26 ]

H

You are so creative and fresh. Everything you make is one of a kind and just perfect, love your work.

Hiltiki such kind words, thank you!!

I just finished up the master to be molded for resin and eventually ceramic tiles. This is based on my 2010 Sepik cult hook pendant sculpture. The idea is to rope them together like the Chinese jade tiles. The resin cast ones will be approx 7 1/2” tall x 4 1/2” wide. The ceramic version will be roughly 20% smaller.
As with any PNG related Ocea Otica art a portion of profits will be donated to PNG charities.
Hope you dig!

a set of one off Sepik female ancestral cult hook tiles with lava bubble backs.
On the road to getting the two sided tiles done; thankfully the sale of those tiles above will help fund the two sided tile project.
Kampai and thanks for checking out my arts!

Kampai everybody!
here are some recent creations:
the three sided Ocea Otica PNG Female Ancestral Cult Hook mug

For Southern Surf Stompfest last month the Ocea Otica Surf's Up coconut, 8 done in Chartreuse lettering

As for Drinky Fiends :
A one off volcano

Some of the customized Skullitiva 2

The upcoming Fran mug

Thanks for checking out my works!

Been getting proofs of Birch Block prints for my booth at Inuhele this year. Physical Therapy post shoulder surgery is going well, but i still have a lot of restrictions so have been focusing on
my artwork that requires less use of my primary arm, so this year at the booth will be more focused on different types of prints, with a smaller amount of mugs and hopefully a couple of new lamps.
My cell phone is old and pretty beat up so apologies for the fuzzy photos.
Hope your weekend is lovely!

Hey, these photos are better than those on "other crafts". You can highlight copy and paste them over there. You could do that with all of gallery just to catch everyone up. Share the greatness! Wendy

was hoping to share some more photos but our internet is running real slow right now
Hope you have a grande evening!

Some Drinky Fiends mugs

Good Evening. Hope you had a great day!

It's so much fun to see all you have created in so many mediums. I wish we still collected. It was fun meeting you so many years ago. Keep on bringing it! Wendy

Hey everybody, here are some sample free downloadable coloring book pages. There are many more on my website and i am creating new ones daily, posting them on facebook and then will upload a weeks worth on my website weekly.
Wendy Cevola contributed some images this week that i converted, one of which is seen as the fourth image below. If you are an artist and would like to send an image of your work that i can convert into a free coloring book page please email me at [email protected].
I hope these can provide some zen out activities in these tough pandemic times.
Cheers,
Cass

Thank you for including me. I just posted mine on my TC page. You had a good idea. Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 130 replies