Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

questions from a tiki artist

Pages: 1 8 replies

W

Hi everybody,

How about helping out a tiki feind / starving artist with some market research? :)

I'm thinking of getting a business going selling prints of my own tiki related art over the internet (sorry I don't have anything digitized to post here yet). Anyway, just a few quick, generic questions if you have a second...

1. Provided you liked the artwork, how likely would you be to buy a print or poster of original tiki art over the internet?

2. Would you buy it only if you could pay with credit card, or would you send a money order? Would you prefer to buy prints through an established site like ebay?

3. How much would you expect to spend?

4. *** If you are selling or making tiki art yourself, do you have any good advice?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who answers :)

-Wahine.

Hey wahine, welcome to TC.
My advice to you is.......just do it! Fly by the seat of your pants girrrl. You'll neva know till ya' try. And post some pics, hurry!

K

why don't you see if Tiki Farm is interested in selling your prints for you.

R
Rain posted on Sat, May 31, 2003 7:44 PM

yeah, post pics!

also - credit cards make a big big difference - get a paypal account if nothing else - it's free to sign up and the fees are minimal. this is the difference between
a) an impulse buy, and
b) actually having to get up, go out, buy a money order, put it in an envelope, use a stamp, and send it.

:)

T

Definitely post pics and see what happens. I am always interested and seeing what new things come up as I definitely do not have the artistic ability and rely on others to make my tiki bar and walls look good. (My part of stimilating the economy). Definitely PayPal and also look how others are title-ing (if it is a word) their works on e-bay. (Please watch out for the overuse of "Shag" in the title).

On 2003-05-31 18:38, wahine wrote:
Hi everybody,

How about helping out a tiki feind / starving artist with some market research? :)

-Wahine.

Wahini,

A couple of things: a) it' i before e except after c and b) can you please be more vague. Thank you.

Do you like Top Ramen??? (never quit your day job!) But, can't wait to "see" the prints.

W

Hi again,

Thanks for all the great suggestions and encouragement! I'll post my pics as soon as I have them (may be a little while but watch for 'em)

Oh, and p.s. I'll try too get my speeling rite next time and be as vague as possible.

T

Well,the hardest thing to find seems to be black velvet,exotic,well done nude island women.for a tiki bar or collection.paint um or find um to sell,the higer the quality,or beauty, the better,tikijoe
On 2003-05-31 18:38, wahine wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of getting a business going selling prints of my own tiki related art over the internet (sorry I don't have anything digitized to post here yet). Anyway, just a few quick, generic questions if you have a second...

1. Provided you liked the artwork, how likely would you be to buy a print or poster of original tiki art over the internet?

2. Would you buy it only if you could pay with credit card, or would you send a money order? Would you prefer to buy prints through an established site like ebay?

3. How much would you expect to spend?

4. *** If you are selling or making tiki art yourself, do you have any good advice?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who answers :)

-Wahine.

Pages: 1 8 replies