Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki tOny's Beachcomber Shack

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

I got inspired every time I looked at this section of TC, and it motivated me to get out and work on my backyard beachcomber shack, so I figured its about time to post photos here too!

I'm lucky enough to live near Bongofury's Rincon Room (Resort) so getting inspiration is only a mile down the road.

The Beachcomber Shack is no where near complete, but I wanted to post these so it would motivate me to work on it more.

My Dad found this killer divers helmet, its plaster.

This is the back section, with two work tables.

My wife makes fun of me, because I stained my tools brown so they blended in, like its a jungle shack. The Jungle Cruise as well as the Tiki Room are obvious inspirations too.

This is what I plan the front will look like eventually.

This is inspiration from an old National Geographic that I saved when I was 20.

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

[ Edited by: tikitony 2011-08-29 22:29 ]

M

LOVIN' IT!

H

Very nice. Looks good already.

K

Man, that is way too cool.

I want something like that around my bbq area, after I've built my bar.

L
Luki posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2011 2:20 PM

Super spiffy!

Everything you do has that certain style! I likey, likey!

I dig it! I'm also guessing you're using all recycled materials? Looks like a labor of love my friend.

Oh Shit!
Your Tiki bar next to Bongo's?
I might have to move to Ventura.

Tiki Tomy's creativity is the best!

Lookin good, nice to meet you at Oasis, my wife loves the 2 mermaids I picked up that your wife made, thanks again...u guys rock

Jon

what can I say other than that is wicked awesome!!!!

Love the weathered boards and your unique surfer/beachcomber feel and spin you put on tiki.

Love it Tony! Invite me over dang it! Hahha:) that's so cool!

This is way cool tony. Nice work!!

Hey, Tony
This is unbelievable. Good job!

T

Thanks friends! There will be a party.. But probably not for a while. I just jackhammered the rest of the cement in the yard so it looks like a waste land! Plants that were cuttings donated by Bongofury are just starting to reach 7 feet tall and branching out to hide the fences! By next summer, it will be a jungle back here!

Pages: 1 13 replies