Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki / Surf Bar Yorkshire England.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Looks great. Cozy and welcoming. CHEERS

Nice use of available space! I suspect your mates are envious of your tropical getaway. I know I'd be!

Outstanding
Love it all
Mad routing skills
Cheers bruddah

Love that string of lighted fishing floats!! Well done. :)

My last project of 2017. Authentic Double pulley block.

Always wanted one of these for the bar & turned out to be one of the most enjoyable small scale projects.

I'ld be interested to know how much it could lift....might start with a few crates of rum! Cheers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8iJlLBmPw/?taken-by=tikistevo

Great pulley. Looks like an awful lot of work.
We in the UK do not have the advantage of the mass of 'Tiki' stuff available
in the USA and have to make and use whatever we can.
Nice to see Tiki in the UK is still alive and going strong.
Well done, a nice job.

On 2018-01-15 02:48, uk_chris123 wrote:
Great pulley. Looks like an awful lot of work.
We in the UK do not have the advantage of the mass of 'Tiki' stuff available
in the USA and have to make and use whatever we can.
Nice to see Tiki in the UK is still alive and going strong.
Well done, a nice job.

Thanks Chris. It's a nice addition to the collection. Definitely will make a couple more this year! Cheers!

Starting to get quicker at making these pulley blocks. Built a router table & a few jigs to help speed up the process!

W

Man, those pulleys are cool. Look forward to seeing how you implement them.

That is a cool project.
Nice set of skills to make that look EZ.
Good job.
Will

Hi B Man. Absolutely love your bar! I thought I recognised it! I love shed of the year! Iv been binge watching it from the start! Love that there’s some fellow tiki fans in the UK! I’m currently building my own home tiki bar! The blue monkey lagoon! Love your float lights! I’m having trouble with the bulbs for mine! What did you use?

Thanks Tom

On 2019-09-25 02:40, BIG SMOOTH wrote:
Hi B Man. Absolutely love your bar! I thought I recognised it! I love shed of the year! Iv been binge watching it from the start! Love that there’s some fellow tiki fans in the UK! I’m currently building my own home tiki bar! The blue monkey lagoon! Love your float lights! I’m having trouble with the bulbs for mine! What did you use?

Thanks Tom

Sounds great Tom! & great name! Float lights were a good project! Took some doing, especially drilling the holes in the glass(easy to break). Unfortunately I didn't keep a diagram of the circuit I used. Basically, a 12v power supply. Straw hat coloured LEDs to match the coloured glass. Parallel circuit with resisters attached to each LED. I used a test circuit board to build the circuit & test before building. Unfortunately won't be easy to change a bulb, the entire rig will need taking down. Will look out for your progress! Cheers.

On 2019-09-25 02:40, BIG SMOOTH wrote:

Thanks Tom

Sounds great Tom! & great name! Float lights were a good project! Took some doing, especially drilling the holes in the glass(easy to break). Unfortunately I didn't keep a diagram of the circuit I used. Basically, a 12v power supply. Straw hat coloured LEDs to match the coloured glass. Parallel circuit with resisters attached to each LED. I used a test circuit board to build the circuit & test before building. Unfortunately won't be easy to change a bulb, the entire rig will need taking down. Will look out for your progress! Cheers.

On 2018-11-30 04:50, Will carve wrote:
That is a cool project.
Nice set of skills to make that look EZ.
Good job.
Will

Thanks Will. Not been a bad year in the workshop. With winter creeping in, time to work on some ideas for next year!

Cheers.

BS

Thanks for the info B Man. I have lots of coloured glass balls I found with holes already in them!! I tried wiring in Christmas tree lights from a 12 v supply but they keep burning out after a few mins! I also tried some 24v Christmas lights but that blew rite away and knocked off all the power in the house! Il eventually find something that works.

On 2019-10-01 15:47, BIG SMOOTH wrote:
Thanks for the info B Man. I have lots of coloured glass balls I found with holes already in them!! I tried wiring in Christmas tree lights from a 12 v supply but they keep burning out after a few mins! I also tried some 24v Christmas lights but that blew rite away and knocked off all the power in the house! Il eventually find something that works.

I think I winged mine. Blew plenty of leds in the process. I used a variable resistor to see what I needed & tested with a volt meter. Where did you get your floats?

On 2019-10-01 15:47, BIG SMOOTH wrote:

I think I winged mine. Blew plenty of leds in the process. I used a variable resistor to see what I needed & tested with a volt meter. Where did you get your floats?

BS

I found them in a box at work with some Christmas decorations! We were having a clear out and they were going to be thrown away! I thought they would make good float lights and didn’t look like Christmas decoration! As they are quite thick good quality and look hand blown! They are made by a company called ESA glass! I’m Really not sure what they were intended to be used for but I saved them from the skip!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies