Type:restaurant
Street:1755 North Bay Causeway
City:Miami Beach
State:FL
Zip:33141
Phone:

Description:
From a postcard found on eBay:

"At 1755 North Bay Causeway, You'll think you're in Shanghai, with an exotic bar, queens chairs at the head of tables, and a show room that looks over Biscayne Bay, and is occupied by the Aloha Islanders Revue. Aside from the usual night time performance, Syd Mass offers a children's show at 6:30 Sunday, when the sprouts are dined and entertained for $1. You can go from a "dinner of heaven" (barbecued chicken wings in batter, sweet and sour sauce, with Chinese vegetables) at $2.95 to Pepi Kawa Steake flambe, marinated in a secret sauce, with sauteed mushrooms and bamboo shoots for $7.50. In between are enormous items at quite reasonable prices. There's dancing too! Open all year."

by Jack Kofoed, Miami Herald Columnist

[ Edited by: Luki 2011-09-27 17:14 ]

[ Edited by: Luki 2011-09-27 17:15 ]

[ Edited by: Luki 2011-09-27 17:15 ]

[ Edited by: Luki 2011-09-27 17:16 ]

Luki,

There is already a pretty comprehensive Luau Restaurant thread (including that postcard) here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2023&forum=5&hilite=luau miami

This is one of those tough areas on TC where a location has been covered in detail in a thread that is not in the Locating Tiki forum. I have always thought that it would be good to move those old threads that may have been started before the Locating Tiki days to the Locating forum for the sake of what John-O would call "organization". I have asked the moderators to move a few of mine that I started in the wrong place when I was young and impressionable.

Otherwise we end up in a situation like this where we now have two threads to cover the same place. There are numerous other examples of this (Seven Seas, etc.)

Would like to hear some input on this.

DC

L
Luki posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2011 7:03 PM

Sorry about that...I searched in Locating and didn't see it.

Pages: 1 2 replies