Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Wall mounted Marlin / Sailfish SOLD!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Note: self promotion zone!
Hello fellow Tiki Central folks, I am selling a large "marlin" that came out of a private tiki bar that was near my work. This Marlin measures approx. 84 inches from tail to tip.
This is a big one, so I do not want to risk damage shipping to far regions so you will have to pick it up in Oakland make arrangements with me for delivery in the greater San Francisco area.
"Bob" (that is his given name by his previous family) allegedly was caught in 1979(that's what they told me). Because of some minor repairs that had been done to him and such, he is available for the BARGAIN price of only $200.
Bob is hanging out on my dining room table and is eagerly awaiting to go to your home and wow your guests with your incredible decorating tastes. Every Tiki bar needs a bold statement like a humongous Marlin! You can contact me Please give me your name and phone number. Thanks, Bruce
PS- Bob loves YOU!

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2003-06-13 21:19 ]

Not to mention, I will be taking "Bob's" portrait Saturday with my digital camera, and posting the results up here on Tiki Central, so you can examine his enormous fins, his gleaming gills, his shimmering scales and his most impressive proboscis in the privacy of your own home!

Although of course he'd be very happy to meet you in person and do his tricks for you...lying down, lying down some more, lying flat, and hanging on the wall looking nifty.

He's a heck of a fish. And he wants to be YOUR fish. So check him out.

And by the way, he reminds me to tell you that, contrary to mrsmiley's earlier post, actually he could PROBABLY be delivered to the Central Valley or SoCal areas if he fits in my Volvo as I head down that way fairly frequently. We'll take more measurements when we photograph him and report back.

Sadly, if we can't find a home for him, he's going to a facility for criminally depraved juvenile delinquents where he will be used as a pinata.

Er, just kidding. Ow. Stop that, Bob.

What kind of repairs were done? I might be interested as I've been looking around for a Sailfin or Marlin for quite some time. Do you know what kind of Marlin it is?

Hey this reminds me...
Tiki410 or suzywong~
Either of you know what happened to humongous lighted marlin from the Metairie Ralph 'n' Kacoo's?

It's a BIG kind of Marlin! _-Tikivixen is coming over this wwekend to take some pictures.

Pop, sounds like a father's day present, huh?

B

Did anyone see the issue before last of Budget Living? They had an inflatable Blue Marlin, seems like it was around $15. I really wanted to get one for our sun porch, but my grandmother gave me her Ship's Wheel mirror, so now I've run out of wall space!

"Did anyone see the issue before last of Budget Living? They had an
inflatable Blue Marlin, seems like it was around $15. "

---I got my inflatable Marlin at an adult book store, but I popped that puppy faster than I popped my inflatable sheep!

On 2003-06-12 10:44, badmojo wrote:
Did anyone see the issue before last of Budget Living? They had an inflatable Blue Marlin, seems like it was around $15. I really wanted to get one for our sun porch, but my grandmother gave me her Ship's Wheel mirror, so now I've run out of wall space!

Couldn't afford a REAL fish for my tiki bar, so I bought an inflatable sailfish on e-bay. It was made for Pacifico beer...under $10 and new..

I just saw an inflatable marlin at the urban outfitters in Tempe this past weekend. On their website maybe...

M

THanks for all the interest, but Bob the Marlin is swimming away to a new home!
Sorry, to Pop and the others-now you cam talk about the fish that got away! End of this fish tail.

I mean tale.

Congrats MrSmiley~

Now that it has been sold, I wanted to let those of you that were thinking of possibly adding one to your collection, that Design Toscano has a 48"x3"x22" Sailfish on their website for $98.95. They are the same company that have the resin tikis for sale too.

I didn't want to post this earlier for fear of taking the sale away from MrSmiley, so I am hoping that it is now ok to post this:

Sailfish for $98.95

M

The one that got away landed in the hands of my coworker who has a big taxidermy fixation. It was an adventure loading it into his Integra. I believe that there is some photographic evidence of this out there. I was crammed in the back with the thing. We were pating the toll on the Bay Bridge when the toll collector looked in the back and said "What the hell is that!? Is that alive?!" Classic.

It's temporary home is in my office- we hung it up it that night and I'm still sore. (I got a case of the marlin-arm) My boss will be there in just a few more hours and will likely scream and pass out when he sees it. Can't wait.

M

Thanks for waiting before posting SCD.
"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Main Discussion Area: Wall mounted Marlin / Sailfish SOLD!
Posted by SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-06-13 21:29

Congrats MrSmiley~

Now that it has been sold, I wanted to let those of you that were
thinking of possibly adding one to your collection, that Design Toscano has
a 48"x3"x22" Sailfish on their website for $98.95. They are the same
company that have the resin tikis for sale too.

I didn't want to post this earlier for fear of taking the sale away
from MrSmiley, so I am hoping that it is now ok to post this:

Sailfish
for $98.95
"

Enjoy your trophies,
Scientist say at the progress of our commercial fisheries, we will see the Marlin disappear from the oceans in our life time.

Pages: 1 14 replies