Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

I might just go up on Friday night to watch the Hula Girls and stay overnight for the Marketplace! Sounds like a fun weekend.

WooHoo!! Only 11 More Days!!!!

Gettin' back into the sign making mode for the next Tiki Marketplace.
Still need to paint this one, but it's a taste of what I'll be selling!

On 2013-09-29 07:45, SoccerTiki wrote:
Aloha Friends!

Here is the Vendor List for the upcoming ITMP October 26: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Kari Hendler, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Lake Surfer, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Schmaltz Family, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art & more

Come say hi to your friends and check out all the great Tiki & Island-Style goods they'll have for you!

The Smokin' Menehunes will again entertain us with Hapa Haole style Hawaiian music in the main dining room! Kimo and his Hawaiian Steel with keep the vibe just right in the International TIKI Market Place.

Stay tuned for more announcements soon! Make sure you've got us on your calendar for Saturday, October 26th from 11am to 4pm.

Mahalo!
“the Schmaltz Family” is of course Leroy’s lovely wife Vivian and their daughter. See you all there!

On 2013-10-16 14:30, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:

On 2013-09-29 07:45, SoccerTiki wrote:
Aloha Friends!

Here is the Vendor List for the upcoming ITMP October 26: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Bosko, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Herb’s Herbs, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Kari Hendler, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Lake Surfer, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Florals, Vintage Island Art & more

Come say "hi" or "aloha" to your friends and check out all the great Tiki & Island-Style goods they'll have for you!

The Smokin' Menehunes will again entertain us with Hapa Haole style Hawaiian music in the main dining room! Kimo and his Hawaiian Steel with keep the vibe just right in the International TIKI Market Place.

Stay tuned for more announcements soon! Make sure you've got us on your calendar for Saturday, October 26th from 11am to 4pm.

Mahalo!

Thanks Nui 'umi 'umi! I made a few corrections to your quoting of my earlier post....NOTE: BIG TOE will be in the house! The Schmaltz Family and The Pod King will not be vending...Herb's Herbs and Vicki's Florals will be vending, so come check out their new additions to the ITMP!

And don't forget....Deadhead Rum Drink Specials!!!

looking forward to it.

my wallet is coming with me.

Warm up to the ITMP on Friday night!

POST #1
What a great way to kick off the weekend! The Hula Girls Friday night at Don the Beachcomber, then the International TIKI Market Place on Saturday from 10:30 til 4pm! If you are coming from out of town fear not! You can stay at the 777 Motor Inn (which is staggering distance from Don's!) for only $55/night!!! Their number is 714-846-5561.

POST #2
Question: Where can you visit with your Friends while shopping with over 42 Vendors and listening to Live Hapa Haole Music in one room and Live Steel Guitar in the other in Southern California under One Roof on a Saturday Morning/Early Afternoon for FREE????? (Not to mention food and Deadhead Rum Drink Specials!!!)

Answer:

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-10-22 19:07 ]

Here is the updated list of Vendors for this Saturday's ITMP. Doors will be opening at 10:30, so come early to get the deals!!!

Vendors are: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Big Toe, Bodytopia, Bosko, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Fez O Rama, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Herb’s Herbs, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Kari Hendler, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Lake Surfer, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Taboo Island, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Vicki’s Florals, Vintage Island Art & more

Yes, that's right! Big Toe and Fez O Rama have been added!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/545307338856827/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

Don the Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Hwy
Sunset Beach, CA 92649
562-592-1321

inn like flynn

T

Mr. Flynn (Derek) Hope you have time to stop by and say hi.
Besides my puffers and floats, I made some shelves and some spears.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2013-10-23 17:17 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:02 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:03 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:03 ]

6 ft. 8 inch tall and skinny TiKi

some TiKi Softies that my daughter sewed (grand-daughter not included)

3 foot tall Modern

I'll have these and more on Saturday.....see ya there!

RD

Doug, What is the status on your mug? Any deliveries? Any in stock?

All set for the marketplace tomorrow! Looking forward to it!!

Stop by TikiTony and Beachcomber Ceramics for some of their cool stuff. They are bringing the last of the first run of my mugs based on this PNG drum (5) and Pygmy Skull mugs (2). They may have room for a small tapa crate lamp too. Mahalo and have fun!

TiKi Softies

Todays's The Day.......WooHooo!

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & MORE!!!
When: Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!! This is a Family Friendly Event. Kids Under 12 are Free
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

I want to thank you all in advance for sharing our vision of bringing the spirit of the International Market Place (founded by Donn Beach in 1956) and the spirit of TIKI which we all share thanks to Don the Beachcomber! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!-SoccerTiki, Promoter

“Don the Beachcomber admires very much the work that members of our community have put into the development of such events as the amazing Tiki Oasis, The Hukilau, and other big ticket gatherings of our clan across the United States. Through that work a very positive effect has been felt in the growth and expansion of Tiki in America. DTB supports each of them, both financially and emotionally.

However, we believe that Tiki would additionally benefit from the development of smaller projects, that do not demand long trips, reduce costs to the participants simply by holding the costs to those who stage them to a minimum, making access possible to vendors who otherwise would not be able to afford it.”
Art Snyder, Owner, Don the Beachcomber

And a very BIG MAHALO to our sponsor:

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-10-09 12:23 ]

RD

Thanks Karen & Chris for another great Tiki Market Place. My wallet took a beating.

T

Thanks to Chris, Karen and all the staff at DTB, another good time with old and new friends. This event is awesome and so glad to be a part of it.

Wow. We really need to drive up for one of these sometime!

Bought this detailed cast concrete Marquesan tiki from Jason (smokin tikis). Seems right at home

I love that so much!

TM

Smokin Menehunes had a blast!

Thank you Chris and Karen for an always great event!

Thanks to all the vendors whom make this a fun time just to hang out
(Lake Tiki made the crazy long trip out & we got a surprise visit from Dave "Squid" to boot)
And of course Chris, Karen & Don's for all the hard work putting this shindig together.

Had fun hanging with Ben,Vicki,Doug,Chris,Karen & Spike after wards in the Dagger Bar
where I did not try to kill any karaoke singers for once, Chris & Spike even
did the only upbeat numbers of the evening.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-10-27 14:45 ]

Woohoo.! Mark It on Your Calendars.......The Next International Tiki Market Place will be on Saturday, December 7th.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-10-27 19:20 ]

Thank you to all who came out and met up with friends, did some shopping, listened to some great music, came for the drinks, or all of the above!! And Thank you to Don the Beachcomber, Delia and staff for all of their support and great service!

And a BIG MAHALO to Kim and the gang at Deadhead Rum for their sponsorship!!!

We started early and had a great "Early Bird" turn out! We gave out Deadhead Rum cups and keychains to all the early birds! Over 250 guests with another 65 +/- Vendors and friends made for a great ITMP! We introduced a very skillful Slack-Key Guitar player to the entertainment list and he was awesome! The Smokin' Menehunes and Kimo were on top of their game as well! Great music guys!!!

I can't wait to announce the lineup and events for the next ITMP coming December 7, 2013. Stay tuned! And mark it on your calendar today!

Again, Mahalo!

SoccerTiki

AF

As seen last Saturday @ the ITMP inside Don the Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA

Roger...where are you?

Thanks for the gumball Popeye! what? oh I mean thanks for the photos Anders!!!

EJ

Can someone give me the name and contact info for the following vendors? Thanks.

First photo is "Lake Tiki"
Third Photo is "Nelson's Tiki Hut"

I did not meet the gentlemen in the second photo, I am sure some will post that before I find out.
sorry I don't have contact info in front of me at the moment.

Lake Tiki is right here on TC....

EJ

On 2013-10-28 22:01, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
First photo is "Lake Tiki"
Third Photo is "Nelson's Tiki Hut"

I did not meet the gentlemen in the second photo, I am sure some will post that before I find out.
sorry I don't have contact info in front of me at the moment.

Lake Tiki is right here on TC....

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be Lake Tiki but without any of his other style carvings in the picture I wasn't sure. Nelson has some nice lamps. Thanks again ATP.

J

2nd photo is Traderpup, on TC and here...

http://www.traderpup.com

EJ

On 2013-10-28 22:36, JOHN-O wrote:
2nd photo is Traderpup, on TC and here...

http://www.traderpup.com

Thanks JOHN-O.

A Frame thank you so much for all the photos you posted. We really wish we could attend all the Marketplace events. The photos just confirm that we missed another great one. I hope we make it there soon. Cheers, Wendy

Take note....This very special Holiday ITMP on December 7th will open early at 10am and end at 3pm (so all of you can have more time for your holiday happenings!) More details soon!

Great News!!! We've changed the hours for the Holiday International TIKI Market Place to make it more "Shopper Friendly" so everyone can get their "tiki" on then get ready for the evening's activities! If you haven't made it out yet, get "Tiki" December 7th from 9:30am to 2:30pm at Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach, CA! Get the Real spirit of TIKI....Tiki Art, Carvings & Decor, Hapa Haole & Hawaiian Steel Music, Tiki Drinks, and most of all Friends!

TS

Dave and Zach at Don's

TS

Ernie looking great!

ernie! looking good, cuz!
hey folks, i've been outta the loop for way too long. i want to come down for this but being the cheap s.o.b. i am, i'm looking for a couch fri and sat nights. i've crashed a few tiki pads around l.a. in the past, but it's been so long, i'd be embarrassed to ask anybody directly. cheers, bullet

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2013-11-06 09:53 ]

On 2013-11-06 09:51, kingstiedye wrote:
hey folks, i've been outta the loop for way too long. i want to come down for this but being the cheap s.o.b. i am, i'm looking for a couch fri and sat nights. i've crashed a few tiki pads around l.a. in the past, but it's been so long, i'd be embarrassed to ask anybody directly. cheers, bullet

Always welcome here at the House of Buzz Brother Bullet!

Buzzy Out!

On 2013-11-08 10:37, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

On 2013-11-06 09:51, kingstiedye wrote:

Buzzy Out!

Now THAT'S the "TIKI" spirit!!!

On 2013-11-08 10:37, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

Buzzy Out!

san diego is close enough! with the extra added bonus of staying with one of my favorite peopo ever! huge mahaloz, braddah buzz!
i'll be bringing a bunch of mugs for selling or trading. see ya'll soon!

Copied from Tiki Farm's Facebook page...

"On Saturday, December 7, Tiki Farm will be world premiering our tribute mug to the wonderful, late Arthur Snyder – proprietor of Don The Beachcomber Restaurant in Huntington Beach California at the International Tiki Marketplace. Designed and sculpted by "Crazy-Al Tikimania" we hope to see you there."

MUG RELEASE!

R

YaY!! Mug release!! Always a good time….

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies